Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

JackMann posted:

Bryan posted this picture over on the Reaper boards:

WE ARE...

WYLD STALLYNS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

So, Reaper has released a retro-style iOS game. I cannot comment on its quality as I do not have an iOS device.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
No, Reaper, don't let people know that video games exist! This is the worst idea

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I installed it on my iPad, and then uninstalled it three levels and as many minutes later.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

djwetmouse posted:

Ok the pledge manager is a little uninformative.
Right now I have my pledge at $1 if I want to get, lets say, invisable heroes, do i uncheck the $1 and just check the $7?

Correct. Keep in mind that the pledge calculator doesn't actually change your pledge on Kickstarter. This isn't a huge problem (you'll just end up paying the extra later on when it changes to the pledge manager proper), but any extra over $1 won't count towards achieving pledge goals.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shub-Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with 1000 Young! :swoon:

Ten bucks? loving sold.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Holy poo poo that'd make a rad beast of nature for my future Kings of War Forces of Nature army :hawaaaafap:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Leperflesh posted:

Ten bucks? loving sold.

That looks fab.

I'm also really impressed that the first expansion has thus far managed not to have anything in it that I don't want. I may well wind up getting it.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Stoneskull Expansion is way better than any of the bones2 expansions.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Leperflesh posted:

Ten bucks? loving sold.

...and now, Expansion 2 is all Mythos stuff.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Ugh they know how to hit you right in the wants.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Loving that Ogre Command with the door shield and little goblin drum and banner team, really rad!

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I was gonna give the Lovecraft expansion a pass, but they had to break out the fishmens. I'm now WAY over budget with this one.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Dat gug. :swoon:

Fine Reaper, have more of my loving money.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oh, goddammit. New add-on includes a dwarf with hand puppets. Hand puppets, people. How am I supposed to say no to that?

Also, here's a list of ReaperCon Preview minis that haven't appeared yet, via Dai-Mongar on the Reaper boards:

Huge purple worm
IMEF Bulldog armour
Female frost giant
Large grub
Horned turtle
Another bear
All Bonesylvanians
Gothic archway
Cemetery golem
Coral golem
Farmers with cart
Orba Sinhan
Iron cobra
Dragonette
Chaos warrior
Tianot

However, not all of these will make it to bones. At least the dragonette was confirmed as impractical in Bones due to how thin the tail is (this was the old dragonette figure).

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I can see how the Dragonette couldn't be made out of standard bones.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Those of you who wanted lizardfolk can now order the two new ones. Five bucks gets you two each for a total of four.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 20, 2015

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JackMann posted:

Those of you who wanted lizardfolk can now order the two new ones. Five bucks gets you two each for a total of four.

4 creepy crawlies for $3 too. I need some centipedes, those things are fun in 2e.

Also, check the 28th update for conspiracy nuts. Shub-Niggurath was incorrectly marked as $10 and has been bumped up to $15. WHY IS REAPER CONSPIRING AGAINST US?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Wait... That was update #28... #29 was the one that allowed the bonus minis to be purchased. Eldritch monsters... and lizard people! It all makes sense! 28 is 7X4. 7+4=11. There are eleven letters in ReaperBryan. ReaperBryan's grandfather killed Alfalfa of the Little Rascals. Alfalfa is used to feed livestock, like mules! There's a mule in the first thirty miniatures! Look at the strings I have placed by pictures and newspaper clippings on a corkboard, clearly showing that ReaperBryan is working for the Lizard People to procure livestock to feed to the Great Old Ones!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Wild West Oz figures look really cool, and I'm usually not into that aesthetic at all.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That Manticore...

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Swagger Dagger posted:

The Wild West Oz figures look really cool, and I'm usually not into that aesthetic at all.

I have all of those in pewter, but it'll nice being able to buy multiple flying monkeys on the cheap.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is the dude with the power fist Oz or the Lion?

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Must be the lion based on the list of characters in the pledge manager.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yep, that's the lion. Here's the pewter version. I would've liked to see more leonine features myself, but outside the context of Wizard of Oz, it's still a cool looking mini.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Oh man that sphinx looks awesome

I can't take it, so many miniatures I wish I couldn't afford that I know I will never paint :negative:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

What's the usual turn-around time for bones figures to be available for individual purchase?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Well, Bones 2 funded October 2013, and then fulfilled February 2015. About a month after that, they started releasing waves of miniatures into retail. They've got between a third and half of them out now.

I would expect it to go the same way for this one. The length of fulfillment will be determined by a number of factors, many of which are outside of Reaper's control (did the molds produce good miniatures? did the ship get on the water in time? did the Chinese factory understand their request properly?) Once they have the miniatures shipped, expect a month and then they'll be released to retail for individual sale.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JackMann posted:

Well, Bones 2 funded October 2013, and then fulfilled February 2015. About a month after that, they started releasing waves of miniatures into retail. They've got between a third and half of them out now.

I would expect it to go the same way for this one. The length of fulfillment will be determined by a number of factors, many of which are outside of Reaper's control (did the molds produce good miniatures? did the ship get on the water in time? did the Chinese factory understand their request properly?) Once they have the miniatures shipped, expect a month and then they'll be released to retail for individual sale.

Also there was a dock workers strike at the time here in America that delayed things further.

Hoping the third expansion won't be scifi, but it probably will be. They have a 4th one planned in case things explode, and Reaper Bryan said they have goals out to $5.16mil planned, though they have no real hope of getting that far.

Best to be prepared though.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I need that camel.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

senrath posted:

I need that camel.

That 3rd bit of the expansion looks amazing.

It's funny, because in the comments section earlier today I said that we really need a mountain man that has too poor a grasp of English to properly convey the sight of a UFO, which slowly drives him mad.

And lookee there. A mountain man.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
So I'm just getting back into miniatures and I'm wondering a good starter paint/was set for bones any ideas?

Also please tell me that I'll get the sphinx I just pledged for i fricken need it for my ancient Greece inspired kingdoms of men armarmy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Is Reaper going to Gencon this year? I contacted the War Store and they claimed they can't bring Reaper stuff as Reaper has the exclusive rights to sell their own stuff, but after contacting Reaper the person I messaged claimed they weren't going.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

Awesome. Added them and the Space Marine/Starcraft guys.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

fleshy echidna posted:

So I'm just getting back into miniatures and I'm wondering a good starter paint/was set for bones any ideas?

Also please tell me that I'll get the sphinx I just pledged for i fricken need it for my ancient Greece inspired kingdoms of men armarmy.

The bones Learn to Paint kit is pretty good. I want to say it runs thirty-five bucks and comes with 11 paints, three bones minis (an orc, a skeleton and a guy in armor) and two brushes.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is Reaper going to Gencon this year? I contacted the War Store and they claimed they can't bring Reaper stuff as Reaper has the exclusive rights to sell their own stuff, but after contacting Reaper the person I messaged claimed they weren't going.

They're not on the exhibitor hall map, but they are running a number of painting events so that's weird. Maybe they'll have a booth outside the exhibit hall.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

head58 posted:

They're not on the exhibitor hall map, but they are running a number of painting events so that's weird. Maybe they'll have a booth outside the exhibit hall.

I don't think Reaper is going, but sometimes they'll let other people run paint-and-takes at cons, supplying them with minis.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Preview vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jndfTSf2yic

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
They better be at gencon! I'm doing speed paint contests for both Reaper and Dark Sword this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The crypt is pretty cool, but I really wan that colossal worm.

• Locked thread