Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
weapon has always taken three weeks, it took three weeks to zenith your relic, three weeks to get a soldiery weapon, and three weeks to get a poetics weapon

it's actually cheaper than the soldiery and poetics (990 vs. 1300) and doesn't require a dumb raid currency to boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Crafting is more hardcore than alex savage and serves even less of a point. I honestly don't see why anyone bothers with this bullshit. Sure, an elite few will make a shitload of gil, but I still made more gil than I can spend just from selling ehcatl sealant, and I'm sure the same will be true for selling red scrip mats.

Don't try to sell the gold. Sell the shovels.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
A2 Savage Down

World First

Chyea fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 21, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chyea posted:

A2 Savage Down

World First

The Japanese are slacking. Unless they always clean up and kill the final bosses first like the euros do for wow?

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

fount of knowledge posted:

I'm somewhat curious what exactly people expected when they featured all the crafter AF in the HW previews. Did y'all really think they were gonna put a Patrician's equivalent on the Red Scrip trader?

The original crafter AF armor pieces from 2.0 weren't gated behind a currency system with a weekly cap and were crafted using non-gated materials (technically I guess unspoiled nodes and philosophy tomestones are a gate, but they are a pretty reasonable gate that didn't have a weekly cap on the number you could get). I expected something similar to that, not literal months of grinding for a single set.

Lumis fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 21, 2015

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Chyea posted:

A2 Savage Down

World First

Grats

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

sword_man.gif posted:

weapon has always taken three weeks, it took three weeks to zenith your relic, three weeks to get a soldiery weapon, and three weeks to get a poetics weapon

it's actually cheaper than the soldiery and poetics (990 vs. 1300) and doesn't require a dumb raid currency to boot

Yeah, the weapons are way better this time around.

I'm debating if I want to go for the sword/shield first or grab some leftside (chest/pants) first...I know the sword makes the most sense but new visuals are always tempting, even if I'm fearing the PLD set will look way too big.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Chyea posted:

A2 Savage Down

World First

Congrats!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Farg posted:

I'm assuming for WAR the optimal path will be weapon > chest > legs since the Alex normal versions of those are poopy. Too bad about the front loaded 3 dry weeks for the weapon though. My stubbornness of not bothering to get drops from Alex is gonna bite me when people start putting i185 gates on Bismarck and Ravana pfs

You should double check the secondaries on the Esoterics before you call the Prototype Legs poopy but generally speaking Weapon, Chest, Legs for every class is your best bet. The Warrior Esoterics chest though... is exactly the same weights as the Prototype chest. :laugh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chyea posted:

A2 Savage Down

World First

Nice!

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

As a reminder, even if you (like me) plan to skimp out on the blatantly superior crafted left side stuff for scrip gear, prepare to get hosed anyway on the new jewelry and belt recipes that were added to go along with this nonsense.

That part isn't as bad because at least you only need one set for all your classes. The main grind is that every single piece of crafting gear seems to take nearly one full week's worth of scrip gear, with the chest and mainhand tool being several. And you need to outfit eight separate classes as an omnicrafter...

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I had to replace my iphone yesterday and apparently the itunes backup won't recover the SE security token so now i'm locked out of my account. Does anyone remember the way to get this resolved quickly? I put in a support request via their email thing 3 hours ago and have heard nothing.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
live chat

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Holyshoot posted:

The Japanese are slacking. Unless they always clean up and kill the final bosses first like the euros do for wow?

Lucrezia got the world first for A1 (by less than 10 minutes, mind you).

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

kharaa posted:

live chat

Ah, for some reason when I looked at support earlier it only gave me the option for email. I see that the live chat option is available now. Thanks.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Volt Catfish posted:

Oh man, rip being able to Gravity like 10 times in a row with Lightspeed.

It wasn't particularly useful, but it was fun.

It was, and still is a DPS and MP loss. Please do not ever do Gravity Spam under Lightspeed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3bs9qc/lightspeed_gravity_spam_is_a_dps_loss/

It's not as bad a DPS loss now, but that's only because the duration is now only 10s, so the non-Lightspeed caster can't get as far ahead as before.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

The room screenshots make me sad that I have neither the funds to buy one (I'm not really a crafter) nor do they ever open up.

Should I just cave and buy a private chamber?

Those were all private rooms, which are essentially your only option. All the houses have been taken for some time and from what other people have told me they can't add more otherwise the servers will implode or something. So I wouldn't count on new housing anytime soon.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Those were all private rooms, which are essentially your only option. All the houses have been taken for some time and from what other people have told me they can't add more otherwise the servers will implode or something. So I wouldn't count on new housing anytime soon.

The opposite is true. They've stated an intention to add new housing rather soon, most likely first they will add new districts to existing housing zones.

This suggests they either have a solution, or are finally close to a solution, to the crippling backend issues holding housing back.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really wish they'd drop PS3 support sooner than later.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mordiceius posted:

I really wish they'd drop PS3 PS support sooner than later.

KoB
May 1, 2009
So the only way to upgrade Esoterics gear is by running Alex Savage?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

KoB posted:

So the only way to upgrade Esoterics gear is by running Alex Savage?

For now, yes. If previous patch cycles are any indication, eventually the upgrade items will be obtainable via other means, such as hunts and/or the 24-man raid.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The opposite is true. They've stated an intention to add new housing rather soon, most likely first they will add new districts to existing housing zones.

This suggests they either have a solution, or are finally close to a solution, to the crippling backend issues holding housing back.

Nah, they'll just use the same solution they did for retainers and charge you an additional monthly fee to use the new housing districts.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Holy crap, crafting just went from difficult to right out the window. So many sets of gear that can only be warn by their profession, so much materia being flushed down the drain, desynth straight up required for EVERYTHING and in spades. Hate desynth so much, been stuck at 75 for so long! Think its time I gave my crafting tools a break and started working on my combat class again.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

3.05 Patch Notes posted:

Fixed a bug where players wanted to craft.
:eyepop:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Welp, I guess I will just focus on the gathering classes and sell raw materials. It's foolish for me with only 60 CUL to try and compete with the billionare omnicrafters with these insane requirements.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

seorin posted:

Nah, they'll just use the same solution they did for retainers and charge you an additional monthly fee to use the new housing districts.

I would pay money for a house. Funny how SWTOR and Wildstar housing is so much better.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Housing is probably the only thing wildstar did well.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Chyea posted:

A2 Savage Down

World First

Let us know how brutal pepsiman is

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Captain Oblivious posted:

Why do you hate me

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Welp, I guess I will just focus on the gathering classes and sell raw materials. It's foolish for me with only 60 CUL to try and compete with the billionare omnicrafters with these insane requirements.

Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm at work so I can't really check for myself right now, is there a weapon bought with Esoterics? Is it better/equivalent to Ravana EX (which I still haven't done, I should get on that) weapons?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Niton posted:

It's actually worse than that - Weapon + anything else actually takes four weeks, since the lowest combined total is 1365 tomes. I think i'm going to be going Chest -> Accessory -> Weapon, which you finish up in 5 weeks.

A weapon's going to be a bigger upgrade than a chest and accessory in almost every situation though.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I just had the most hosed up thing happen on Bismarck. It was a smooth attempt, both dragons down, we get in the bubble for the ultimate and the tornado tosses us out and we wipe to the ultimate. What. the. gently caress.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I don't really see the problem unless you have aspirations of doing literally everything. Specialize, and it's fine. :shrug:

It's just not practical to omnicraft this time around unless you have literally hundreds of millions of gil.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Let's at least see how hard the red scrips are to get before the crafting doomsaying begins. As long as it's possible for people to actually acquire red scrips, even the most casual and/or poor crafter should be able to steadily grind out a few sets of 180 gear over time.

The way the grind is structured though I wonder if they're planning on adding any more tiers of crafting for the duration of Heavensward. These are some serious long-term grinds.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ciaphas posted:

I'm at work so I can't really check for myself right now, is there a weapon bought with Esoterics? Is it better/equivalent to Ravana EX (which I still haven't done, I should get on that) weapons?

There is, and it's better than Ravana EX, ilvl 200 that upgrades to 210 with an item from Alex savage.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

MohShuvuu posted:

So is Savage Alexander actually savage or just like regular coil difficulty?

Hard to say at this point, Savage does seem to add new mechanics so it's hard to directly compare it to SCOB Savage which just tweaked the intensity of existing mechanics. This does both, afaik.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I mean, I casually made tens of millions with my 3 star Alc in ARR so unless you dream of seeing 9 digits in your Gil counter I don't see any reason not to craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Begemot posted:

There is, and it's better than Ravana EX, ilvl 200 that upgrades to 210 with an item from Alex savage.

Welp guess I better get RavEX done before everyone stops doing it completely if it's not too late already :(

• Locked thread