Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

.jpg posted:

Welcome, to adtrw
Yeah but y'all aren't making youtube videos that are showing up every time I open youtube.

At least I don't think you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Twiddy posted:

For some reason my youtube homepage always recs some top 10 romance anime or top 5 anime movie or whatever video. Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?
*Posts excerpt from dissertation, Understanding WWII and Japanese War Guilt Through Fullmetal Alchemist.*

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i still can't believe, the devil is a part timer beat Chihayafuru 2, Jojo and Kyousogiga

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

*Posts excerpt from dissertation, Understanding WWII and Japanese War Guilt Through Fullmetal Alchemist.*

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

she only posts in the internet critic discussion thread

she refuses to post here which is hosed up

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No. 1 will blow you away!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Twiddy posted:

Yeah but y'all aren't making youtube videos that are showing up every time I open youtube.

subscribing to me will remedy this issue

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

at least nobody can be as sadbrained as jesuotaku, the hardcore christian whose boyfriend got her a job moderating the loving anime news network forums

I'm pretty sure she has bad taste in anime. If I recall correctly she said that My Love Story wasn't very good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the problem with the ADTRW top 10 is that it just counts votes.

So for instance, if there's one kind of good anime that everyone watched, and then 3 really good anime that are niche, the one kind of good anime is gonna win.

that's pretty much what happened with part timer. it was a solid comedy that a lot of people watched and voted for. only a couple of people had it as BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR, most everyone had it like '3' or '4.'

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

he's bipolar and iirc he said he was going to rape someone over twitter

How do you rape someone over twitter?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cake Attack posted:

i still can't believe, the devil is a part timer beat Chihayafuru 2, Jojo and Kyousogiga
I mean it's essentially a popularity contest, which just implies that more people watched Devil is a Part Timer than Jojo, Chihayafuru 2, and Kyousogiga. Which is still hosed up, but understandable.

Unless there;s a disproportionate number that watched those shows and didn't have them in the top 5, which is just plain hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

How do you rape someone over twitter?
*strained sitcom laugh track*

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

also the problem with the ADTRW top 10 is that it just counts votes.

So for instance, if there's one kind of good anime that everyone watched, and then 3 really good anime that are niche, the one kind of good anime is gonna win.

that's pretty much what happened with part timer. it was a solid comedy that a lot of people watched and voted for. only a couple of people had it as BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR, most everyone had it like '3' or '4.'

I hope Jojo sweeps this year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nah.

Too much filler.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i could go the rest of my life without ever hearing about jojo again

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

Take it to the pyf thread, unless they review anims or are anims

Not PYF, there's a thread for arguing about internet movie reveiwers. It exploded when one Youtube guy said that George Lucas couldn't get studio backing for Red Tails because the movie was a piece of poo poo, and not because of Hollywood racism

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jojo isn't even anime anyway.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Not PYF, there's a thread for arguing about internet movie reveiwers. It exploded when one Youtube guy said that George Lucas couldn't get studio backing for Red Tails because the movie was a piece of poo poo, and not because of Hollywood racism

Yeah RLM triggered so many sadbrains that day.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 22, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Twiddy posted:

For some reason my youtube homepage always recs some top 10 romance anime or top 5 anime movie or whatever video. Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?

I watched one of those top ten anime romances videos. Like, 8 of them were from animes that were released in the last five years, and the top one was the romance in Sword Art Online

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Joseph is my favourite main character but Josuke is pretty close behind him.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

I watched one of those top ten anime romances videos. Like, 8 of them were from animes that were released in the last five years, and the top one was the romance in Sword Art Online

no one watches anything before the year 2002

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Twiddy posted:

I'm gonna start a business doing professional anime room tours

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yearly top ten lists don't work so well for me because I typically spend a lot of time catching up on stuff from previous years that I missed.

The amount of "Current" anime I keep up with is actually pretty small.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

Yearly top ten lists don't work so well for me because I typically spend a lot of time catching up on stuff from previous years that I missed.

Yeah. The only currently airing animes I'm actually following rifht now are Wakako Zake and Gundam: The Origin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

it was probably a combination of both

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Time is always one of the better judges. Being able to look back and ask people "okay now which of these shows do you actually remember" helps narrow things down.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I think if that poll were held today, it would lose to those.

I have faith, in ADTRW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

Time is always one of the better judges. Being able to look back and ask people "okay now which of these shows do you actually remember" helps narrow things down.
honestly ADTRW's pretty good about that looking back. there's a few clunkers each year (ramen fighter miki???) but for the most part all the anime are pretty memorable.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

no one watches anything before the year 2002

The exceptions are Cowboy Bebop and Eva.

And Trigun, sometimes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If I don't watch a show as it airs or shortly thereafter it's likely I won't ever get around to watching it. If I can get a few episodes in or throw it in a queue I'll probably get to it eventually, but anything that falls into the nebulous territory of backlog might as well not exist.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I think that's the way to go. I usually only keep up with something if I'm hyped for it or if anyone I chat with is also watching it, since even a mediocre show can be fun to talk about with pals.

Plus that way you get to dodge all sorts of bullets, like the show that started out promising and petered out in the middle.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Bennett the Sage is a terrible anime reviewer.

I remember this guy

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

If I don't watch a show as it airs or shortly thereafter it's likely I won't ever get around to watching it. If I can get a few episodes in or throw it in a queue I'll probably get to it eventually, but anything that falls into the nebulous territory of backlog might as well not exist.

I find that it's usually the opposite for me. If I try following an ongoing series, there's a good chance I'll forget about it some weeks in. Then when it's over, it feels like too much of a bother to remember where I left off and finish the show, even if it turned out very good.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Cake Attack posted:

The Abilene paradox in action

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember this guy
I remembered his review on why Inuyasha sucked so much.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I remembered his review on why Inuyasha sucked so much.

It's about drat time someone has the courage to take Inuyasha down a peg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like Inuyasha...

• Locked thread