Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I already took my pants off!

Arizona has drive-through liquor stores. You don't need pants to drive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

Arizona has drive-through liquor stores. You don't need pants to drive!

Ohio does as well but that's so far away!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I already took my pants off!

Embrace your inner Indiana Man. Claim it's still Memorial Day weekend and you're coming from the Snake Pit for more beer.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

What the gently caress?! :psyduck: How did poo poo like this make it to production? Does nobody see the problem with this? It's insane.

This has actually been a thing for a while. My '94 BMW does this, I suspect many other models have it as well. From the manual:

1994 BMW 8 Series Owner's Manual posted:

Caution: Do not engage locking position with passengers in the car. Without the master key for the driver's door lock, the doors positively cannot be opened either from inside or from outside.

For full context:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Embrace your inner Indiana Man. Claim it's still Memorial Day weekend and you're coming from the Snake Pit for more beer.

I went to buy some steaks and totally forgot to buy beer goddamn it!

Also, I don't want to alarm anyone but I might make the best steak EVER.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I went to buy some steaks and totally forgot to buy beer goddamn it!

Also, I don't want to alarm anyone but I might make the best steak EVER.

Then wash it down with a couple pounds of Klondikes.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Black88GTA posted:

This has actually been a thing for a while. My '94 BMW does this, I suspect many other models have it as well. From the manual:

For full context:

My '91 Audi was like this too. Hydraulic door locks. If you locked the car from the outside, you could pull on the plunger inside to your heart's content, but they wouldn't come up and the door would not open.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Or bake a cake.

kastein posted:

Would only be more perfect if the brown trail was in the shape of a dong or spelled "I QUIT".

Or a turd shaped cake with "I Quit" written on it. I'm not really going to be a dick about it, my boss and most of the people I work with have been good even if the job sucks.

Now I need to get a move on finding an apartment.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Welp got my car hailed on hard today. It has a couple big dents; one on the roof and one on the hood, but considering that the hailstones were apparently golf-ball sized, I'm kind of surprised I didn't come out far worse.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh poo poo I just adjusted the valves on the beetle (after 5k miles... and 9 months... :nallears:) and it can idle now.

But that means they've moved a lot, which probably means valves are stretching :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Then wash it down with a couple pounds of Klondikes.

I might have bought Klondike Bars.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Black88GTA posted:

Double locking had been a BMW thing since at least the early 80s.

Today is my Friday!
I hurt my shoulder so I have no idea what I'm going to do the next 3 days...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-professional-4-ton-jack-stands-one/p-00950163000P?sid=IAx20050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=1225267&AID=11034749

Does anyone know if these are any good? I was thinking that I'll need them eventually for the Miata.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

Oh poo poo I just adjusted the valves on the beetle (after 5k miles... and 9 months... :nallears:) and it can idle now.

But that means they've moved a lot, which probably means valves are stretching :smith:

No that means you ignored me when I told you to make it part of your 3k mile checkups because aircooled motors expand and contract a lot differently than normal cast iron block and head cars. I wasn't exaggerating. That's how often you need to check them even on new motors.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mafoose posted:

Double locking had been a BMW thing since at least the early 80s.

Today is my Friday!
I hurt my shoulder so I have no idea what I'm going to do the next 3 days...
Masturbate with the other hand obviously.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Apparently my postman can not read the addresses on the packages he delivers, so I was forced to undertake a highly dangerous mission to covertly retrieve my bottle opener from the mailbox that shares my house number on the next street over. Failure to maintain our cover might have resulted in several minutes of highly annoying banter with kind old ladies about how the mailman can't seem to do his job right. Fortunately they had not moved the package inside and we were able to retrieve it without any complications. Upon successful completion of the mission, the item was put to immediate use with a post mission refreshment.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 23, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god I ate too much steak

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I won a free shirt from eating a 38oz sirloin, how much can really be considered too much

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mariooncrack posted:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-professional-4-ton-jack-stands-one/p-00950163000P?sid=IAx20050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=1225267&AID=11034749

Does anyone know if these are any good? I was thinking that I'll need them eventually for the Miata.

I've got the 2-ton ones and they've done me great on my Protege, your Miata is lighter so you'll have no problems with those.

Get 2 pair, though, I made do with 1 forever but it really is good to be able to lift all 4 corners at once.

E: Actually looking at a few sources, the rating per pair means each stand must support 1.5 times the rating, so the 4 tons will be way overkill, rated to 12,000 pounds per corner, and you might have clearance issues depending how high your jack goes. You might wanna look into the 2 ton ones instead. Looking on the site it looks like minimum height is 10.5 inches for the 2 ton vs 12" for the 4 ton. Not much difference, but hey, every inch counts. :pervert:

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 23, 2015

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I won a free shirt from eating a 38oz sirloin, how much can really be considered too much

14 inches of tubesteak

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

Heresy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Precook weight was 33 ounces.

I could have saved one for tomorrow! I got greedy!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

I could have saved one for tomorrow! I got greedy!

Sounds like it's time to go buy and cook more steak.

Don't forget the beer this time. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

Sounds like it's time to go buy and cook more steak.

Don't forget the beer this time. :v:

I can't even move!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

I can't even move!

The shops won't close for another few hours where you are, you still have time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I really want to take a picture with mine balanced on the tip of my dick.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 INCH SLIT posted:

No that means you ignored me when I told you to make it part of your 3k mile checkups because aircooled motors expand and contract a lot differently than normal cast iron block and head cars. I wasn't exaggerating. That's how often you need to check them even on new motors.

To be fair, four of those months it was sitting, but all of the miles are my fault. And, to also be fair, the side that was tightest was 1-2, which has a brazilian head, and the german 3-4 side checked out just fine at .006 with no adjustment. But yeah I should adjust it every 1000 or 3000 miles, now that I have a real oil filter.

Maybe I'll just go get myself a bay window bus with hydraulic lifter--- PSHHHH bwahahaha those engines are so expensive I'd probably end up throwing a $400 junkyard 1600 in it instead of fixing the type 4 if it needed any real rebuilding. Jesus, bus guys have a lot of money.

Workweek/day drinking gently caress yeah (no sarcasm)!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also if you can manage to bolt in a type 4 motor into a type one what with the fan shroud location :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

I really want to take a picture with mine balanced on the tip of my dick.

That'd be pretty impressive, balancing one of those heavy looking bottle openers on something that small

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

That'd be pretty impressive, balancing one of those heavy looking bottle openers on something that small

:golfclap:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mariooncrack posted:

I use a similar set (Craftsman, came bundled with a floorjack, I think, but I forget the weight rating) for my 06 F150. They'll definitely hold up a Miata, though like another poster said, buy two sets so you can put the whole vehicle up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Keeping fingers crossed, I got interviewed for a DevOps position that comes with a $30k raise over my current income.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Enourmo posted:

I've got the 2-ton ones and they've done me great on my Protege, your Miata is lighter so you'll have no problems with those.

Get 2 pair, though, I made do with 1 forever but it really is good to be able to lift all 4 corners at once.

E: Actually looking at a few sources, the rating per pair means each stand must support 1.5 times the rating, so the 4 tons will be way overkill, rated to 12,000 pounds per corner, and you might have clearance issues depending how high your jack goes. You might wanna look into the 2 ton ones instead. Looking on the site it looks like minimum height is 10.5 inches for the 2 ton vs 12" for the 4 ton. Not much difference, but hey, every inch counts. :pervert:

QuarkMartial posted:

I use a similar set (Craftsman, came bundled with a floorjack, I think, but I forget the weight rating) for my 06 F150. They'll definitely hold up a Miata, though like another poster said, buy two sets so you can put the whole vehicle up.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that I might use them on the Outback as well so maybe the taller ones would work better. Definitely a good idea to get two sets, just in case.

Rhyno posted:

Meat sweats?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Rhyno posted:

My steaks are cooking, and I can't wait to eat too much of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinestro posted:

My steaks are cooking, and I can't wait to eat too much of them.

My girlfriend had a girl's night that I forgot about so I was forced to eat her steak as well as mine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I got something from Cuba today. :neckbeard: Thanks.

So at the doctor the other day, my blood pressure was 172/104. She increased one med and wanted me to keep an eye on my blood pressure at home. I do always get white coat syndrome, causing my BP to shoot up, but no

Instead of constantly borrowing my stepdad's blood pressure machine, I dropped $60 on an Omron that goes on your wrist. Neat little thing, portable enough to toss in my backpack, and has 2 user profiles + a guest profile.

I'd say the med increase is working.

Diastolic is still on the higher side, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. What's gonna be a bitch is getting a lot of benefit from cardio with my pulse that low.

Mom tried it and got 169/89 the first time, 159/85 the second time. :stare: She hates how the medication (the same one I'm on) makes her drowsy. I'm on 40mg, she's prescribed 10mg. :psyduck: Made me tired as poo poo yesterday when it got doubled, today I was only mildly drowsy.

Also got the poo poo scared out of us at work. We don't ever open the back door except to take out the trash - not the best area, there's been plenty of robberies in the shopping center, there's several homeless who hang out back there (most of them are generally friendly towards me), and the alley behind the building is very secluded. All vendors know to come to the front. So when it sounded like someone was trying to kick the door down, we were on the phone with the police immediately. .... turned out it was a new employee for a vendor who was pissed that we weren't answering the back door and started kicking it (the back door is in a storage room anyway - there's 2 freezers, a water heater, and a shelving unit back there - it's sealed off from the rest of the store by a fire door that stays closed - I only heard it because I happened to be near that door).. Employee from that vendor was pretty pissed off that the cops showed up and interrogated him. There's even a sign on the back door saying all deliveries must go through the front. :downsgun:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 23, 2015

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
So I got some stuff in the mail.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Our dollar taking a poo poo (making it worth more as an export) combined with our spring drought pushed the price of beef up to where steak isn't even worth it anymore.
Don't even miss it really. I like pork better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tommychu posted:

Our dollar taking a poo poo (making it worth more as an export) combined with our spring drought pushed the price of beef up to where steak isn't even worth it anymore.
Don't even miss it really. I like pork better.

HE'S A CYCLON.

• Locked thread