Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Reptiles will never get good support because this exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

Dropping Vennominaga was always fun at least.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lisandra_brave posted:

That's what the banlist is for!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dexie posted:

That's what the banlist is for!

I thought the banlist was for killing meta decks to push the new chase cards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

I thought the banlist was for killing meta decks to push the new chase cards.

Yeah man that banlist sure is killing burning abyss.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am not sure what exactly I am expected to do with D/D Baphomet. Summon Kali Yuga? He's not that good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am not sure what exactly I am expected to do with D/D Baphomet. Summon Kali Yuga? He's not that good.

Kali Yuga is the clinch monster. One turn Denko Sekka/Skill Drain all in one.

And D/D Baphomet is secretly amazing for synchro play.

(A point and change level effect that doesnt restrict synchro? OH GOD YES.)

Damnit Konami stop putting restrictions on easily playing with my tuner levels.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 21, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Greydles seem like the premiere archetype of this pack in being a loving rear end in a top hat, especially the spells and traps. :swoon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

"I am the King! There is only one!"

Enmaryuuoh Red Daemon Calamity / Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity
Dark Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV12 4000/3500
2 Tuners + 1 non-Tuner DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can activate this effect; during this turn, your opponent cannot activate card effects from their field. Your opponent cannot activate effects in response to this effect’s activation. (2) If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK. (3) If this card is destroyed by your opponent: You can target 1 Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster.

"Yeah I'm sure King Calamity will be okay, but I don't think it'll be so good that it'll push Scar-Red Nova Dragon out of the deck entirely.
^ A gay idiot

:staredog:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-So is finally confirmed that Gaia becomes BLS, uh?.

That was always the case! Didn't any of you people read the original manga?! :argh:

Dexie posted:

Reptiles are unfortunate victims of Yugioh having too many drat monster types.

I really want Reptiles to get good again because I really liked the Venom deck and want it to be good. Vennominaga was the coolest alternate win condition but she's loving impossible to get out. :smith:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

VJeff posted:

I really want Reptiles to get good again because I really liked the Venom deck and want it to be good. Vennominaga was the coolest alternate win condition but she's loving impossible to get out. :smith:

Alt win conditions need their own meta. I'd love mill format.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zoness posted:

How important is leo or star eater in shaddolls? I'm looking for something to side out for trish using this extra deck listing (shamelessly copied from a july 2015 european wcq winner):

I'm also not sure what Samsara is for (the deck does run maindeck mind control but I mean I dunno) so maybe axe that?

Deck Profile from the player who ran the deck, and an explanation for his choices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oer_n3pzMXE
Interstingly enough, he says that he would have rather played a Compulsory Evacuation Device over Mind Control.

This was a day ago, but to answer your question:

Star Eater is very important because it is the deck's only out to Qliphort Towers, and Qliphorts are one of Shaddoll's worst matchups.

Leo is a very good generic Synchro that the deck can make easily (Falco + Construct / Effect Veiler + Shaddoll Core), and basically requires non-tageting removal to get rid of it.

He chose to run Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth over Armades or another Rank 5 since he found that it worked wonders as a defensive stall option. He also ran triple Effect Veiler, so that + any Level 4 makes this card. Most players also use 2 Hedgehog, but he uses 3, which makes it a lot easier to make Level 5 Synchros. He also ran 1 Soul Charge, and he reasoned that is you can special summon Construct from grave against Nekroz, then they need to Trishula it or draw Raigeki, otherwise they lose.

Depending on your meta, I would say remove Samsara, but it is good against Nekroz.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So if you're struggling with the Chain Rules (Yugioh's version of the Stack) this handy chart should help you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
3 things to take note of from this:

1.Both players have to agree to move onto the next Phase. If my opponent sets up their field, and declares they want to enter the battle phase, I can tell them to hold on, and activate "Blaze Accelerator Reload" (Which can only be activated during the main phase). There have been many times where people try to rule shark me by saying "too late, battle phase" or "set cards in main phase 2, go to end phase".

2.If my opponent uses a card like Reinforcements of the Army to add a card to their hand, I can chain Mind Crush after it resolves, in order to discard that card, according to box "c" in the bottom of that diagram. Be sure never to declare quick-play spell cards, since they can always chain them, and make you discard instead!

3.This is a bit of history lesson, but there used to be a "thing" that older players refered to as "Priority", which involved summoning a monster like Dark Armed Dragon or Rescue Rabbit, having a Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole activated in response to its summon, and them being able to use the ignition effects before those cards resolved. This diagram, when it got printed in the rulebooks, was very important because it straight up say: "No. "Priority" is illegal. You are playing the game wrong." Quick Effects (Those that can be activated during either player's turn) can still be chained in this way, but that is because it is a part of the game mechanic.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
According to the right-hand side of that flowchart, I can pass in my main phase, see if my opponent passes, and then say "nah nevermind, I don't want to go to the battle phase yet" and basically just see if my opponent has anything to play at no real cost. Is that correct?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I feel as if "both players agree" is just a safety clause to stop arguments more than anything now. Either that, or a holdover from priority times.

Fun fact: as of last year, the Konami judge test still required you to know priority inside and out to get qualified. GG.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jabor posted:

According to the right-hand side of that flowchart, I can pass in my main phase, see if my opponent passes, and then say "nah nevermind, I don't want to go to the battle phase yet" and basically just see if my opponent has anything to play at no real cost. Is that correct?

Nah, it's like chess moves. If you've declared your intention to pass, you have to pass.

A similar thing is if you're searching your deck for a monster, take one out and put it on the table to decide if you want it, or feel out your opponent, you have to go with it.

The amount of times I've had people put down a card, hold their deck for a couple of seconds and do nothing but look at me, waiting for me to respond so they can go "dude i'm still deciding", is ridiculous.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ok so here's something I've seen on ygopro jamming against AI -

if I have Shooting Quasar Dragon (without having activated its negate effect) out and the AI SS's Collapserpent, tributes it to Caius, and then I don't seem to get a timing window to activate Quasar's ability on the Caius trigger as it puts Caius trigger + Collapserpent trigger "on the stack" (sorry I'm super used to magic lingo if thats not the best way to say it). Am I supposed to be trying to get in my Quasar effect between those triggers somehow (is there a button i hold in ygopro to do this). Have I missed the opportunity to negate Caius's effect if the Collapserpent effect is activated? It is the app version so maybe that's a bug?

And they're not dead since in this scenario I either upstarted twice or used soul charge to get out quasar :v:.

Julias posted:

3.This is a bit of history lesson, but there used to be a "thing" that older players refered to as "Priority", which involved summoning a monster like Dark Armed Dragon or Rescue Rabbit, having a Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole activated in response to its summon, and them being able to use the ignition effects before those cards resolved. This diagram, when it got printed in the rulebooks, was very important because it straight up say: "No. "Priority" is illegal. You are playing the game wrong." Quick Effects (Those that can be activated during either player's turn) can still be chained in this way, but that is because it is a part of the game mechanic.

I remember one of the DS games letting you do this with Judgment dragon and definitely remember them having the priority thing with DAD.

Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong and it was you had a window to activate an ignition effect with DAD/Rabbit/JD before they had a chance to activate their trap but they could still activate the trap after you put the ignition ability "on the stack"?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 22, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Fun fact: as of last year, the Konami judge test still required you to know priority inside and out to get qualified. GG.

Wow. Why?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

No, there's no time between collapserpent and caius. Yugioh has a thing about Simultaneous effects going on chain, and various rules relating to that.
Basically, turn player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, opposing player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, turn player's optionals, opponent's optionals. TCG has some weird rulings about how things have to be put together as well, but then again, TCG has weird rulings about all sorts of poo poo.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

Wow. Why?

gently caress if I know! :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Chicken Race/Game is a dumb card.

Sure is awesome giving Exodia more power. Sure is awesome adding more FTK power to the game. Sure is awesome giving decks nine copies of Upstart Goblin.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Chicken Game x3
Pseudospace x3
Terraforming x3
Upstart Goblin x3
Royal Magical Library x3

That's fine. This is fine. There's nothing wrong with this. This isn't hell.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lisandra_brave posted:

No, there's no time between collapserpent and caius. Yugioh has a thing about Simultaneous effects going on chain, and various rules relating to that.
Basically, turn player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, opposing player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, turn player's optionals, opponent's optionals. TCG has some weird rulings about how things have to be put together as well, but then again, TCG has weird rulings about all sorts of poo poo.

A Perfect Example of this weirdness: I have Elemental Hero Absolute Zero on the field, and use the Quick-Play Spell Card Mask Change on it, sending it to the Graveyard and Special Summoning Masked Hero Acid. If Absolute Zero is sent to the Graveyard, you blow up all monsters your opponent controls, and if Acid is summoned, you blow up all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls. (Very Legit combo, blow up everything on your opponent's side of the field.)These are both Mandatory Effects, so according to SEGOC (Similar Effects Go On Chain), both of these effects form a chain. Since they are both mandatory, you can choose to put them in any order, destroying the monsters or the spells first. Right?

If you play in the OCG (Japan, Asia), then yes. BUT in the TCG, it is ruled that Absolute zero has to be the first chain link, meaning that Acid's effect to destroy Spells and Traps will occur first. Why? Apparently because Absolute Zero leaving the field occurs before Acid is summoned, though this is a special occurrence because it doesn't interfere with When...you can effects. Basically, quantum mechanic levels of time passed, not enough for it to be considered moving on to the next event, but enough that Absolute Zero has to Trigger first.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hjalmar posted:

Chicken Game x3
Pseudospace x3
Terraforming x3
Upstart Goblin x3
Royal Magical Library x3

That's fine. This is fine. There's nothing wrong with this. This isn't hell.

Don't forget Terraforming x2-3, Into the Void x3, One Day of Peace x1 ...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Julias posted:

A Perfect Example of this weirdness: I have Elemental Hero Absolute Zero on the field, and use the Quick-Play Spell Card Mask Change on it, sending it to the Graveyard and Special Summoning Masked Hero Acid. If Absolute Zero is sent to the Graveyard, you blow up all monsters your opponent controls, and if Acid is summoned, you blow up all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls. (Very Legit combo, blow up everything on your opponent's side of the field.)These are both Mandatory Effects, so according to SEGOC (Similar Effects Go On Chain), both of these effects form a chain. Since they are both mandatory, you can choose to put them in any order, destroying the monsters or the spells first. Right?

If you play in the OCG (Japan, Asia), then yes. BUT in the TCG, it is ruled that Absolute zero has to be the first chain link, meaning that Acid's effect to destroy Spells and Traps will occur first. Why? Apparently because Absolute Zero leaving the field occurs before Acid is summoned, though this is a special occurrence because it doesn't interfere with When...you can effects. Basically, quantum mechanic levels of time passed, not enough for it to be considered moving on to the next event, but enough that Absolute Zero has to Trigger first.

I do not believe this is how YGOPro simulates this. EDIT: I'm not saying you're wrong. Just the program does it wrong.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

YGOpro uses OCG game mechanics by default. I'm not sure if there's a way to make it use TCG mechanics.
Incidentally, knowing how to put your simultaneous effects in the right order is the key to dodging negation and to playing pure artifacts most effectively. Hint: Summon Caduceus first, so it's on field to see the others get summoned.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

I do not believe this is how YGOPro simulates this. EDIT: I'm not saying you're wrong. Just the program does it wrong.

I have to admit that I always used the Noble Arms re-equipping effect wrong before trying NK on YGOPro. I was under the impression that the arms didn't activate if the equipped monster was used for Synchro/XYZ/Tribute summon. Turns out I was wrong.

I've never been so grateful of being wrong before :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:drat:

quote:

This holiday season Yu-Gi-Oh! fans can re-live the entire history of the original Duelist! King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks contains three different Decks used by the “King of Games” himself, plus several unique, collectible foil cards, all in one magnificent set!

Each box set includes:

41-card Deck used by Yugi in the the first season of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, including his initial Duel with Seto Kaiba and his adventures in Duelist Kingdom.
41-card Deck inspired by Yugi’s Duels in the Battle City story arc from the second and third seasons of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, featuring – at long last – Arkana’s long-awaited “red” Dark Magician!
41-card Deck used by Yugi as he battled The Pharaoh himself in the final Duel of the original series, focused on “Gadget” monsters and the “Silent” series of “LV” monsters.
3 brand new Secret Rare cards: Electromagnetic Turtle, Dark Renewal, and Black Illusion.
3 Ultra Rare collectible (non-playable) historical cards celebrating the Duelist Kingdom storyline, including Glory of the King’s Hand, Set Sail for The Kingdom, and the Duelist Kingdom itself.
3 Ultra Rare collectible (non-playable) Egyptian God Cards: Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor, and The Winged Dragon of Ra.
1 Ultra Rare “Yugi” Token Card.
Players can re-live the memorable Duelist Kingdom and Battle City storylines with the Decks that Yugi used to defeat his rivals, rescue his Grandpa from Pegasus, protect the Pharaoh’s legacy, and save the entire world from the maniacal menace of Marik! Filled with iconic cards such as Black Luster Solider, all five pieces of Exodia, the Forbidden One, Valkyrion the Magna Warrior, and the special, long-awaited Arkana-style Dark Magician, Duelists new and old can finally call these Decks their very own with King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks!

Each King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks collection contains:

3 x 41-card Decks. Each Deck contains 36 Commons and 5 Ultra Rares.
3 Secret Rares
3 Ultra Rare collectible historical cards
3 Ultra Rare collectible Egyptian God Cards
1 Ultra Rare Token Card

Product Title:
King of Games – Yugi’s Legendary Decks
Product Type:
Collector’s Set
Launch Date:
11/13/2015
Konami Tournament

Legal Date:
11/13/2015
MSRP:
$29.99 per set

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/products/king_of_games.html

That's a lot of stuff for 30 bucks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed that there aren't 40+ kuriboh tokens.

The yugi token is pretty funny tho I guess. Man what a terrible arc that was.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm happy we're finally getting these collector's cards after so long. 10-year old me will be very satisfied with this.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Its time.... To duel.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNtGqajfrLs

#UnchainMyBrotherLavalval

(This guy's YGO animations are pretty nifty.)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Today is a dark day.

TheDuelLogs finally ran out of puns.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Today is a dark day.

Who?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Onmi posted:

The Duel Logs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?TheDuelLogs

This guy does multiple types of decks, from silly gimmick rarely going to work decks to on-theme decks to just new deck types. It's always fun to see a new combination.

He had a pun on every video, and now he's run out.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Well, Eccentric Archfiend has it's TCG name (Archfiend Eccentrick), and of course KoA bumped it up from a common to a loving secret.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

Today is a dark day.

Guy has been pumping out videos at a ridiculous rate lately so that doesn't surprise me.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lisandra_brave posted:

Well, Eccentric Archfiend has it's TCG name (Archfiend Eccentrick), and of course KoA bumped it up from a common to a loving secret.

I feel this. Anjelly was a common in the OCG, an ultra in the TCG. $1 card up to $45 overnight. Good poo poo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Transmodify was a rare and a structure deck common. Secret rare, hope you like warped cards that look poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

We need a stall/set/stun based format again. I hate that every deck in the world wins in 1-2 turns now; it barely lets me sit down and enjoy the game.

• Locked thread