Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Railgun
Aug 12, 2010
Hot young Excalibur based static seeks goon-like studs for weekly trysts and romantic weekend getaways.

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27572

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Holyshoot posted:

Did you vote kick after the boss?

The two dps were in my FC so we spent the rest of the dungeon being annoying as possible while still clearing it. Nothing serious since we were three trash pulls from the end, but we got cheap laughs out of it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

edit: whoops nevermind i am dumb

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm about to hit level 50 on a few of my crafting jobs (finally :toot:). For gear - what's the best route to go? I see there's the artisan sets for both ilvl 60 and 70; 60 I can craft, 70 requires some trading, but the 60 set has materia slots. Should I get those, or should I just wait for better gear in HW?

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

I'm about to hit level 50 on a few of my crafting jobs (finally :toot:). For gear - what's the best route to go? I see there's the artisan sets for both ilvl 60 and 70; 60 I can craft, 70 requires some trading, but the 60 set has materia slots. Should I get those, or should I just wait for better gear in HW?

The HW crafting items are available from level 51, I wouldn't sink too much gil into the old items since those are still pretty drat expensive and you'll level past them anyway.

You can get to 51 real fast by burning through a few GC manuals and mass crafting the easiest mats. You'll need a ton of those anyway to craft any of the HW items.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Lately with my WAR, I have been having Defiance drop inexplicably when warping into DF runs. Like, I prepare Defiance into advance just when I queue, but when I get in I see that it is off. Is this a bug, or some sort of limitation?

As noted, any time you get level sync'd it'll kick you out of all your buffs, including things with unlimited duration like tanks' tank/damage stances, healers' cleric stance, monks' fists of X, ninjas' poison, etc.

If you've mostly/entirely been doing level 50 content on your jobs for a long time in 2.X, and haven't level sync'd for a fate or for a leveling dungeon/leveling roulette, it's easy to forget that this is a thing that happens.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
If you're a Tank or DPS and think you'd fit right in on the show American Pickers, we might be the static for you!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Emalde posted:

If you're a Tank or DPS and think you'd fit right in on the show American Pickers, we might be the static for you!

You know all those auction shows are fake as hell?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Speaking of PvP I really like how they explain battlegrounds. It's so refreshing from the retardedness that is WoW: "World's ending, but can't forget to stick it to the Horde/Alliance! :byodood: "

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tenzarin posted:

You know all those auction shows are fake as hell?

:geno: no poo poo

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Freaksaus posted:

The HW crafting items are available from level 51, I wouldn't sink too much gil into the old items since those are still pretty drat expensive and you'll level past them anyway.

You can get to 51 real fast by burning through a few GC manuals and mass crafting the easiest mats. You'll need a ton of those anyway to craft any of the HW items.

Or if you're lazy you can just burn through a few leves in Foundation by buying the turn-in items from the nearby vendors. It only took 30 minutes and a few hundred thousand gil to get the first 3 levels in weaver.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Found an Alex3 Savage stream if anyone was interested. http://www.twitch.tv/vidulasaix

edit: Sorry they just ended. :smith:

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 23, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

maim, butcher's block, and skull sunder all generate wrath

no poo poo, sherlock

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Leveling roulette fun times:

Zone into a Tam-Tara normal as SCH, with a BLM, PLD, and newbie PUG with the icon over his head. Great, time to let Selene do my job and dps the whole time!

First inkling of impending annoyance was that the PLD seemed to be a bit taken aback that I didn't have Protect in my first cross-class slot (I had Cleric's) and was a bit hesitant to go ahead without it. Now this guy is synced from 60 so - whatever. I tell him I can handle it, we get going. He's pulling really small, so the BLM starts being a little cheeky and pulling ahead. I realize that can be annoying for tanks, but he picked them up no problem and didn't say anything, ask the BLM to stop, etc.

We get to the pull before the barrier to the boss, he attempts to vote kick the BLM for being AFK. Well he's obviously not AFK so I click no. PLD sits down and says "it's the BLM or you wait for an in-progress tank." Okay ... I tell him we're almost done, he sticks with it, I tell him "gently caress you." Now I probably shouldn't have done that but this touches off the whole thing. He called me a cuntbag, I said "Okay whatever, we don't need you, lets finish up" and we keep going. He realizes his primadonna act isn't going to work when the BLM and I can just tank it ourselves, so he comes back, starts tanking, we get to the boss.

He proceeds to not do anything and I tank the boss while he goes off on the most pathetic rant ever.

So being the scrubbiest scrublord that ever did scrub in America, I tanked the boss, got the clear for the newbie, and got my amusement all at the same time. I don't get what these people get out of going off like that, but whatever floats your boat I guess?

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Found another a3s stream. http://www.twitch.tv/iroha_ig

Gotta get those spell timers. Sounds like they have an audio cue for something procing too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sword_man.gif posted:

maim, butcher's block, and skull sunder all generate wrath
only if you combo them and he used Butcher's Block much more than the skill it combos off of.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

El Cid posted:

Or if you're lazy you can just burn through a few leves in Foundation by buying the turn-in items from the nearby vendors. It only took 30 minutes and a few hundred thousand gil to get the first 3 levels in weaver.

I'm only sitting on around 700k gil, so I try to be a little... frugal with my spending :downs:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

LegionAreI posted:

Zone into a Tam-Tara normal as SCH, with a BLM, PLD, and newbie PUG with the icon over his head. Great, time to let Selene do my job and dps the whole time!

First inkling of impending annoyance was that the PLD seemed to be a bit taken aback that I didn't have Protect in my first cross-class slot (I had Cleric's) and was a bit hesitant to go ahead without it. Now this guy is synced from 60 so - whatever. I tell him I can handle it, we get going. He's pulling really small, so the BLM starts being a little cheeky and pulling ahead. I realize that can be annoying for tanks, but he picked them up no problem and didn't say anything, ask the BLM to stop, etc.

We get to the pull before the barrier to the boss, he attempts to vote kick the BLM for being AFK. Well he's obviously not AFK so I click no. PLD sits down and says "it's the BLM or you wait for an in-progress tank." Okay ... I tell him we're almost done, he sticks with it, I tell him "gently caress you." Now I probably shouldn't have done that but this touches off the whole thing. He called me a cuntbag, I said "Okay whatever, we don't need you, lets finish up" and we keep going. He realizes his primadonna act isn't going to work when the BLM and I can just tank it ourselves, so he comes back, starts tanking, we get to the boss.

He proceeds to not do anything and I tank the boss while he goes off on the most pathetic rant ever.

So being the scrubbiest scrublord that ever did scrub in America, I tanked the boss, got the clear for the newbie, and got my amusement all at the same time. I don't get what these people get out of going off like that, but whatever floats your boat I guess?
I love that his insults are "peasant" and "has enough of a life that you don't constantly play the game."

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I'm only sitting on around 700k gil, so I try to be a little... frugal with my spending :downs:

Make intermediate materials and sell them to other, richer crafters at a reasonable markup and in quantities that they'd actually want.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

LegionAreI posted:

A lot of people simply go by their previous experiences in a given piece of content and assume it must be like that all the time, or simply have a comfort zone which they shut down outside of. Despite being nearly level 60, he probably never did the math and realized that Protect isn't even necessary for pre-30 dungeons, or didn't realize that, especially with the changes to syncing, a SCH can easily solo the dungeons at that level.

He flipped out because he was afraid of ephemeral "failure", but for whatever reason couldn't process the information in front of him that revealed his fears were unfounded.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Personally when I was leveling my SCH through there I just started out with Protect (less because it's needed, more to spare myself the inevitable whining), swapped in Cleric Stance and ate the resulting delay as soon as I fired off Protect, and went through the rest of the dungeon like that.

Given the choice between a. not having Cleric Stance at all, b. running the risk of dealing with whining about Protect, or c. eating the delay for cross-class swap for the first pull or two, option C was by far the lesser of three evils. If it were people I knew, I'd just go with Cleric Stance and ignore Protect entirely, but scenarios like this demonstrate that people can make a really big stink out of it sometimes.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

So how expensive is crafting for red scrips looking each week?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

nuru posted:

So how expensive is crafting for red scrips looking each week?

Too god drat much

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
man what the gently caress happened, all the skin markets are suddenly crashing like mad on excalibur

do the churning mists fates drop a buttload of them or something?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Vil posted:

Personally when I was leveling my SCH through there I just started out with Protect (less because it's needed, more to spare myself the inevitable whining), swapped in Cleric Stance and ate the resulting delay as soon as I fired off Protect, and went through the rest of the dungeon like that.

Given the choice between a. not having Cleric Stance at all, b. running the risk of dealing with whining about Protect, or c. eating the delay for cross-class swap for the first pull or two, option C was by far the lesser of three evils. If it were people I knew, I'd just go with Cleric Stance and ignore Protect entirely, but scenarios like this demonstrate that people can make a really big stink out of it sometimes.

I usually just tell them that I haven't learned Protect yet. But hopefully when they notice I have Lv60 WHM they can just trust that my faerie hows to heal well enough to keep them alive in Sastasha.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

He's a PLD, tell him to cast protect! :v:

Minrad posted:

man what the gently caress happened, all the skin markets are suddenly crashing like mad on excalibur

I had Blood Dragon daily hunts recently and when I went to where they spawn in the Mists I found like a dozen players camping their spawn points. I'm guessing word got out of a hot market and it got mined to poo poo and back again and something similar happened to the other skin markets.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

GreatRedSpirit posted:

He's a PLD, tell him to cast protect! :v:

I had Blood Dragon daily hunts recently and when I went to where they spawn in the Mists I found like a dozen players camping their spawn points. I'm guessing word got out of a hot market and it got mined to poo poo and back again and something similar happened to the other skin markets.

oh, sounds like bots have just arrived in heavensward content then

RIP hunting ventures, you were good for a few million

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Minrad posted:

Everyone's retainers are catching up to 60, at which point you can easily bring in 10/hour of every major skin type.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Vermain posted:

Everyone's retainers are catching up to 60, at which point you can easily bring in 10/hour of every major skin type.

yeah but I'm talking price depression of level 53 skins worth 3k for a solid 4 weeks suddenly tanking to 800 and dropping overnight

that's bots, man

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LegionAreI posted:

Can't PLD crossclass protect? You could've told him to do so if he wants it that badly for a newbie dungeon.

Vil posted:

Make intermediate materials and sell them to other, richer crafters at a reasonable markup and in quantities that they'd actually want.

And watch as idiot pubbies undercut you by 70% because they're dumb as hell and likely operate on the "if I mine it it's free" concept when selling at a loss.

At least I made about 15m before markets started cratering.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can't PLD crossclass protect? You could've told him to do so if he wants it that badly for a newbie dungeon.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I've actually had LLDR with Paladins who would pop Protect before I would even if we were in a level range where I would have it as a cross class ability/on my white mage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vil posted:

Fair enough. I can generally make HQ cobalt ingots with relative ease. I've also found that making a stack of HQ food tends to sell well... I just don't have a botanist / fisherman so I'm always buying the ingredients off the MB :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tyberius posted:

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I've actually had LLDR with Paladins who would pop Protect before I would even if we were in a level range where I would have it as a cross class ability/on my white mage.

No body is buying my hq sour cream I accidentally made a bunch of thinking it was part of kaiser rolls. Are stacks of 10 to much at 8800 per?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

LegionAreI posted:

Some people are incredibly rigid mentally and will cease to function if events outside of their expectations occur. I've had tanks refuse to push further because I (whm) wouldn't sleep mobs in trash packs in garbage trivial instances. I've also had a blm who stopped doing damage because nobody cared about his cc being broken with aoe.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

I miss CC being a thing. I love Fluiding annoying mobs in a pack and sleeping it away from the group. But now it's all about AoE AoE AoE!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Carew posted:

Some people are incredibly rigid mentally and will cease to function if events outside of their expectations occur. I've had tanks refuse to push further because I (whm) wouldn't sleep mobs in trash packs in garbage trivial instances. I've also had a blm who stopped doing damage because nobody cared about his cc being broken with aoe.

...Who uses CC in this game? All of the tanks have at least one AOE threat skill by Satasha.

Heck, I used to mark mobs, but I don't bother ever since 50.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Oh man that dps increase of 12 over 18s. God like ability.

be smart about this. 220 potency delivered over 18s for a single GCD, unless the skill you were going to use in that gcd has a higher potency, which in many cases it does not (especially when you oncasiannly have to move off target to not stand in the stuff, costing you a few seconds of damage were dots keep ticking anyway), you have a higher overall DPS so long as you don't clip it. If you can make room in your rotation its worth it, take DRG where you can sneak Fracture and Phlebotomize in on every 3rd refresh of Soul of the Dragon where casting Geirskogul would cause Soul to drop before your finisher and leaving about 15 seconds left on the recast cooldown. Drop Fracture and Phlebotomize instead to offset the potency loss and drive straight into your next 1,2,3 to bump up the timer on Soul so you can blow off more faces with 1,2,3, finish, Geirskogul combos.

E: and while Im nerding out over Drg, I see this a lot in dungeons, dont forget that your jumps dont interfere with Procs on your combos, and can be clipped over animation of your combo attacks, so you can power surge, 1, jump, 2, Spineshatter Dive, 3, Dragonfire Dive, finisher while only losing about .5 to 1 second depending on your timing, most of that on the animation for dragonfire. I see a lot of drgs throw their jumps out in between combos and there are faster ways to do it.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 23, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fracture is always a DPS loss on dragoon and has been since the buffs back in 2.4 or whatever.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I'm glad I care more about being a pretty princess than raiding, because the new AST set is wonderful. Can't wait for my big foppish hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hahaha, I have protect cross skilled on my paladin gear set. What a tool, hes saving those slot for FRACTURE!

Spaceman Future! posted:

be smart about this. 220 potency delivered over 18s for a single GCD, unless the skill you were going to use in that gcd has a higher potency, which in many cases it does not (especially when you oncasiannly have to move off target to not stand in the stuff, costing you a few seconds of damage were dots keep ticking anyway), you have a higher overall DPS so long as you don't clip it. If you can make room in your rotation its worth it, take DRG where you can sneak Fracture and Phlebotomize in on every 3rd refresh of Soul of the Dragon where casting Geirskogul would cause Soul to drop before your finisher and leaving about 15 seconds left on the recast cooldown. Drop Fracture and Phlebotomize instead to offset the potency loss and drive straight into your next 1,2,3 to bump up the timer on Soul so you can blow off more faces with 1,2,3, finish, Geirskogul combos.

I hear you man, that's why I don't the blm soul stone! Just so I too can fracture for its insane dps addition.

• Locked thread