Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Robviously posted:

Ugh, gently caress, I'm gonna be that guy.

So, I'm gonna go with the assumption that Pasqualo's family is either Italian or has a hard on for Italian nomenclature. Why, you ask? -ini is a somewhat common suffix giving to last names in Italy, specifically families from the Piedmont region. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name. Seriously, try to think of an Italian dude's name at random and see how many you can think of that don't end in "o" and that aren't Luigi. Running with this, Pasquale can easily become Pasqualo. But since I'm gonna be that guy, for those too lazy to use wikipedia, Pasquale comes from the noun Pasque and is used to mean "Born on Easter." A pretty fitting name for this dude who causes an apocalypse.

His last name, though, is a bit simpler but also has a loose biblical connection. Triangolo is Italian for triangle and, as is usually done with people moving about, going from Triangolo to Trangolini to Trianglini would be a rather simple road for a name to take over countless decades and having to deal with naturalization during immigration proceedings. Like most surnames, it would denote something about that family; in this case the most appropriate translation would be "of the little triangle."

Basically it's all a lot of :words: to say that his name has about as much meaning as the christian symbolism in Evangelion does.

It was a stupid math joke by two broken nerd-people that one of them hosed up because they were drunk. The punchline is they didn't care enough to ever have it corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Robviously posted:

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name.

I don't see a reason not to assume that his dad named him Pasqualo instead of Pasquale as a practical joke.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Robviously posted:

Ugh, gently caress, I'm gonna be that guy.

So, I'm gonna go with the assumption that Pasqualo's family is either Italian or has a hard on for Italian nomenclature. Why, you ask? -ini is a somewhat common suffix giving to last names in Italy, specifically families from the Piedmont region. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name. Seriously, try to think of an Italian dude's name at random and see how many you can think of that don't end in "o" and that aren't Luigi. Running with this, Pasquale can easily become Pasqualo. But since I'm gonna be that guy, for those too lazy to use wikipedia, Pasquale comes from the noun Pasque and is used to mean "Born on Easter." A pretty fitting name for this dude who causes an apocalypse.

His last name, though, is a bit simpler but also has a loose biblical connection. Triangolo is Italian for triangle and, as is usually done with people moving about, going from Triangolo to Trangolini to Trianglini would be a rather simple road for a name to take over countless decades and having to deal with naturalization during immigration proceedings. Like most surnames, it would denote something about that family; in this case the most appropriate translation would be "of the little triangle."

Basically it's all a lot of :words: to say that his name has about as much meaning as the christian symbolism in Evangelion does.

I too remember lying on a couch in a darkened mahogany-scented campus library that two of my freshman buddies and I had broken into at 4AM and spending three hours blearily debating the meaning of the Particle Man lyrics

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Welp, I'll have to have nerd points deducted for being a language nerd and not a math nerd then. :eng99:

Alternatively, I read this for the bitchin van art and not the math jokes.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
gently caress you're right. There are some pieces of art from this that should definitely be on a van. If I were to get a Chevy 70, what would be the best art to put on it?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pathetic little tramp posted:

gently caress you're right. There are some pieces of art from this that should definitely be on a van. If I were to get a Chevy 70, what would be the best art to put on it?

Every panel, obviously.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Back to work. Stay tuned!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wicker Man posted:

Imagine I quoted this five hundred times

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wasabi the J posted:

Same and also unironically

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Wicker Man posted:

Trisssh is, as a matter of fact, cool. I would even go so far as to say she's rad to the max. :cool:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wasabi the J posted:

I want to see more of this comic titled, "Trisssh Is Cool."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Pasqualo'd.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

Pasqualo'd.

Lost it at the newborn's :buddy: face in the last panel

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

I am so happy Slav Cat wasn't just an one-off background gag and is still around

also this lil' kid is cool as hell, check out these drat shades

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm glad that the three weirdo teenagers are gonna raise their impossi-baby together.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

M.Ciaster posted:

I am so happy wasn't just an one-off background gag and is still around

what

did you mistype or something?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

VJeff posted:

I'm glad that the three weirdo teenagers are gonna raise their impossi-baby together.

It's even more impossible than previously thought, it's a miracle virgin birth by the dude who doesn't even know what sex is or how it works!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cthulhuchan posted:

what

did you mistype or something?

He's in the second panel.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh lol I just spotted this:

and while I was cropping that I noticed something else: Gob you have my belated sympathy for your poor toe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like Mr. Jones isn't wearing pants. And he's not wearing briefs either.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Oh god not more blushing rear end in a top hat women. What's this one's excuse???

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Pasq is large and in charge. That's all Steph needs.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I like peanut head and her man-hating ways, I hope she becomes a fun and interesting addition to Pasqualo's haremcircle of friends

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

khy posted:

I like peanut head and her man-hating ways, I hope she becomes a fun and interesting addition to Pasqualo's haremcircle of friends

Pretty sure she's too busy being part of Kate's harem.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, so, who's baby is that?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That baby is a Randian Ubermensch, he belongs to no one.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It bears a striking resemblance to one of the two characters who don't know what sex is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It bears a striking resemblance to one of the two characters who don't know what sex is.

But, I mean, how? Wasn't she pregnaunt before she met him? And didn't she say she somehow fathered her own baby? And where did they get those tiny sunglasses? This all raises more questions then it answers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's why I'm sticking with miracle virgin birth.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So Aurora's the dad?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Wanna see Aurora do one of those cheesy "you're not the father!!!" dances from whatever crappy American Jeremy Kyle type thing that's from.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Proud of his chicken.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

code:
CHICKEN...$7.00   CHICKEN...$0.99
CHICKEN...$2.00   CHICKEN...$2.00

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

don't get the cheap chicken.

I'm just sayin'.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wicker Man posted:

Proud of his chicken.

Eh, they'll all forgive you if you just apologize. They might not even be mad right now, they could just be frowning because they have super bad indigestion from eating the 99 cent chicken (it seemed like such a good deal at the time, but oh how it burns in the long run).

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Not sure why, but I really enjoy Allison's eating face.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cthulhuchan posted:

don't get the cheap chicken.

I'm just sayin'.

They were told many times they legally have to put quotes around "Chicken" at the 99 cent level.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Aha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That is begging to be an avatar