Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am glad Sugane won't stop thinking about drinking with Jou

I am also glade the Gatchaman immediately thought red meant VAPE and did not even consider Gel

Huh, Tsubasa's bird mode(?) is also red. I wonder what significance red has in all of this

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

This episode was intense. Also, what does YACK mean on the red Crowds?

Technically, OD isn't a human so not sure if we apply human reasoning for him. Not to mention he's had a rough life back in S1 before meeting everyone.

Tsubasa's thoughts are little overly simplistic but I feel like it ties into what does it mean to be a hero in a age where we have limited powers to change the world? Along with do I save people for their own sake or actually to align with my goals?

still don't want anyone to die for their beliefs though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alder posted:

This episode was intense. Also, what does YACK mean on the red Crowds?

Unless it has a specific meaning it the show we don't know about yet I'm assuming they engrished up yak ie to chatter incessantly.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's just another English word thrown in like "Crowds" and "Play the Game," I assumed. Nothing but meaningless words, "Yack yack yack," you know? I don't know why it was chosen specifically though.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012
http://i.imgur.com/tFz63rv.gif

Yack (deculture)

Edit - dang phone posting

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I think what's going on is that Gel's decided that what people really want is a traditional hero saving the day scenario, and Tsubasa is going to be her instrument for that or at least cooperating with her to bring that about, but it'll turn out that traditional heroics were a bad solution.

Gel seems very impressionable, so if public opinion changes to something ugly she might end up changing drastically too.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gatcha

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hajime is impossibly good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot how insane Utsutsu's gatcha design was. Great episode, also very happy to hear Music Goes On again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also wow, a lot of poo poo happens in the last 3 minutes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I finally sat down and watched the episode 12 Director's Cut and wow yeah I should have done that ages ago. It wasn't anything you couldn't figure out from season 2, but it's nice to be able to see it all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In Training posted:

I forgot how insane Utsutsu's gatcha design was. Great episode, also very happy to hear Music Goes On again

it's pretty cool

:getin:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

man, I somehow forgot how cool the designs were in Crowds. Has this artist worked on anything else in particular?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Normie Slayer posted:

man, I somehow forgot how cool the designs were in Crowds. Has this artist worked on anything else in particular?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=14245

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Huh. I can't really properly judge with a quick glance, but it doesn't seem like he's done anything with the same design styles as the gatchaman forms. Those verge on Kazuma Kaneko territory.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Kaneko's work tends to be a bit more minimalist, and all the different elements in his designs blend together elegantly. All the patterns and pieces have a similar colour palette and geometric shape. Lots of smooth lines and curves and gradients and indents.

Crowds designs is alot more neon garish, and abuses too many ridges to fill in the gaps. But against all odds they always come together into a coherent whole.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
My favorite thing about utsutsu's gatcha outfit is that the good/evil hand thing is reversed compared to common belief.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxMleLSYJ8Y

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
You have changed your av and your name and it is confusing. I didn't realize it was you until I saw the youtube user.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

hahaha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

amazing :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What the gently caress is this?!?

(good)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked Gel's second joke tbh

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I dunno I'm not really feeling Insight as much, entirely because of the antagonist here. I mean sure Katze was pretty much anime Joker for the most part, but the whole Crowds thing was interesting and kept me interested. This guy just seems really stupid. "People are dumb and shouldn't use crowds, so I'm going to use crowds to commit crime, that'll prove them!" Is he next going to prove that people shouldn't have bombs by blowing up everyone else? It's only been like three/four episodes I guess but still.

I can't wait to see more of Tsubasa's powers at least.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I feel like that's kind of the point. Rizumu is being up his own rear end with his cynicism as much as Rui was about her idealism in season 1. I figure he'll have that attitude be tempered by being convinced that the masses can use power for the greater good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol bishonen gelsadra running for prime minister this show is good

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This appears to be another reference to the original show. Gel Sadra was a young girl that got aged up, to better take the role of Galactor leader, She also happened to be voiced by a man despite being female in her adult state.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Same

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gatchaman Crowds is weird.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I love that we are full-scale confronting the idea of how meaningless 'being a hero to protect people' is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I love that we are full-scale confronting the idea of how meaningless 'being a hero to protect people' is.

Well it's a confrontation of the idea of "being a hero to protect people" and what it really means and what it really takes. Does protecting people make one a hero or does being a hero mean one must protect people?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New episode today, if you're excited give me a hell yeah!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hell yea!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vote for instrumentality everyone.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

Vote for instrumentality everyone.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If you don't vote Gel-chan, you don't vote peace.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Xelkelvos posted:

Rui is 100 (idk why). Sugane is 96. Also, you're thinking of Tsubasa who's apparently listed as 60

The number is their level of competence. Remember that Hajime is 101. :science:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Gel-chan 2016 Prime MInister :bernget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ha, I knew that opening the voting up so literally anyone of any age can both vote and be a candidate was going to be a huge mistake, and then 3 minutes later it was proven true. Kids and women are going to vote for Gel like crazy, and honestly the idea of a super-powered alien who wants to bring peace, end conflict and grant wishes is very tempting across the board. I was expecting Gel to say that he was really 100+ years old, but having him just transform into a young adult on a whim was pretty solid too.

So I guess we're heading toward Gel banning CROWDS after being elected, trying to start instrumentality, and the only way to stop him is to bring back CROWDS and have everyone unite against him?

Also, how could you bring up Hajime's 101 ranking and not use this smilie Fangs: :eng101:?

MonsterEnvy posted:

This appears to be another reference to the original show. Gel Sadra was a young girl that got aged up, to better take the role of Galactor leader, She also happened to be voiced by a man despite being female in her adult state.

The whole reason Gel changes his form here is to be older and more electable, and given his voice and mannerisms until that point I think it's entirely possible that Gel went from a more feminine appearance/gender to masculine to be a more appealing candidate, and doesn't really have a set gender as Earth understands it. I mean, I was certainly thinking Gel was female all along, and now he's clearly a male bishie. It might just be done as a reference to the original though, and you can also certainly make a case that he was just a young boy with a high pitched voice earlier. If it was a female to male transformation, it'd be interesting to see Rui's reaction to that.

• Locked thread