Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Senf posted:

I know someone who is dating a guy that wants to be a cop and during a family BBQ last week, their first question (to a friend of mine that works in security and knows a few cops) about being an officer was "do they get to carry their own gun?"

This person is currently in the first or second stage of the interview process and they've gotten that far based on nothing more than their military background. He also just bought his first gun because he "loving loves guns" and wants to own "a shitload of them." He's 21.

That's my story. I'll go back to lurking the thread now.

Texas DPS needs people like your friend. We keep loosing officers to internet videos of our officers that are fishing for warrants applying a little force. (did she die, ohh my bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

FourLeaf posted:

Oh boy. About half my facebook friends are now convinced Sandra Bland was already dead in the mugshot.

You should link them to her recorded phone call from the jail to her friend after her first court appearance.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

FourLeaf posted:

Oh boy. About half my facebook friends are now convinced Sandra Bland was already dead in the mugshot.

So... They think they locked up a dead body for three days? This has a lot of sketchy looking poo poo going on but I think somebody in the jail may have noticed the dead person and I doubt even a corrupt coroner could cover up that the body was 72 hours old.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

semper wifi posted:

"he was grilling her" what do you mean? She started off talking poo poo, blamed him for her driving fuckups, then refused a lawful order. He started off with a ma'am. She escalated the situation every step of the way. Did we even watch the same video? Yeah the cop was a dick, the video is a classic case of two assholes colliding but had she been anything other than belligerent she would have left with a ticket instead of in the back of a cop car.

She was pretty calm until he asked her to tell him why she was upset, then he freaked out. The cigarette was just an excuse on his part to exercise his authority. Don't tell me she loving is at fault for this, because that is loving bullshit. It would have been better if she wasn't belligerent, but I'm glad she called him a pussy in the video because that is what he was.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pohl posted:

She was pretty calm until he asked her to tell him why she was upset, then he freaked out. The cigarette was just an excuse on his part to exercise his authority. Don't tell me she loving is at fault for this, because that is loving bullshit. It would have been better if she wasn't belligerent, but I'm glad she called him a pussy in the video because that is what he was.

She was no angel.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

semper wifi posted:

"he was grilling her" what do you mean? She started off talking poo poo, blamed him for her driving fuckups, then refused a lawful order. He started off with a ma'am. She escalated the situation every step of the way. Did we even watch the same video? Yeah the cop was a dick, the video is a classic case of two assholes colliding but had she been anything other than belligerent she would have left with a ticket instead of in the back of a cop car.

Toasticle posted:

So... They think they locked up a dead body for three days? This has a lot of sketchy looking poo poo going on but I think somebody in the jail may have noticed the dead person and I doubt even a corrupt coroner could cover up that the body was 72 hours old.

That poo poo loving smells, to anyone that has never smelled a corpse, the loving corpse will make you vomit and wish your mom was around to make it better. Corpses of any age are horrible.

How the hell did I double post that? gently caress it, it needs to be repeated I guess. Thanks Forum!

Pohl fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 24, 2015

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Toasticle posted:

My understanding is that people are saying that the mugshot wasn't taken when she was put in jail, but rather when she was found dead. I can only assume they've never seen a dead body.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

.. nothing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Larch posted:

My understanding is that people are saying that the mugshot wasn't taken when she was put in jail, but rather when she was found dead. I can only assume they've never seen a dead body.

Yeah, this is the belief. They claim that Bland was tossed in a holding cell with no mugshot taken, and then they quickly took one with her body to cover it up.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Then they've never seen what happens to someone who hangs themselves....

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I never said they were smart.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The one I've seen is pointing out that she has no side profile mug shot released as evidence. :/

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Its almost like men and women are processed in different parts of the jail. Crazyness.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

This is complete horseshit, she was alive when arrested, and probably killed herself.

She also probably had a concussion because the rear end in a top hat cop threw her to the ground off camera.

The jail/agency holding her told the press that she said she was suicidal.

She probably killed herself... This isn't hard.

The people responsible for her care either hosed up or did a lovely job. They are loving responsible for you, especially if you say you are suicidal.

The concussion may have led to her suicide, but no one can prove that. The cop took her off camera to arrest her and then slammed her to the ground. He later stated that it was all on film, gently caress him. He knew he took her off camera, fire his rear end. Don't fire him because she had an attitude, fire him because he had an ego and an attitude and a badge / gun.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

nm posted:

Its almost like men and women are processed in different parts of the jail. Crazyness.

No offense but what are you referring to? I don't get it?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pohl posted:

The picture two posts above his.

No offense.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Pohl posted:

The photo shows cinder block behind the man and a smooth surface behind the woman. Obviously stupid conspiracy goes that she's laying on a floor, dead, in her photo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

The one I've seen is pointing out that she has no side profile mug shot released as evidence. :/

Except she does?

edit: Here it is:

https://twitter.com/stopbeingfamous/status/624282225912246277

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 24, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

The picture two posts above his.

No offense.

I said no offense because people get freaked out easily if you quote them. Sorry that bothers you!
Thank you for answering my question.I appreciate it.

Edit: You really don't have to be an rear end in a top hat, man. The cops are already fullfillng that duty.
Now get out of the car and show me your goatse!

Pohl fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Arresting someone and putting in jail over a minor traffic violation is sooo loving stupid. Your loving system is stupid as all gently caress America.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Arresting someone and putting in jail over a minor traffic violation is sooo loving stupid. Your loving system is stupid as all gently caress America.

As an American I agree.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Agrajag posted:

That's not what she was arrested or jailed for, though.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pohl posted:

I said no offense because people get freaked out easily if you quote them. Sorry that bothers you!
Thank you for answering my question.I appreciate it.

Edit: You really don't have to be an rear end in a top hat, man. The cops are already fullfillng that duty.
Now get out of the car and show me your goatse!

Bad joke, sorry :(

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Kalman posted:

OMG, you are so technically right.

gently caress yeah, high loving five!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kalman posted:

In Texas, she could have been. And without the scuffle, she very well may have after the contempt of cop episode. That seems the most likely reason to have her step out of the car.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Kalman posted:

Yes, thank you for pointing out the officer did nothing wrong, because the law.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

Bad joke, sorry :(

:glomp:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

nm posted:

In Texas, she could have been. And without the scuffle, she very well may have after the contempt of cop episode. That seems the most likely reason to have her step out of the car.

She could have been for sure (at least based on what you've said about Texas law, and I definitely trust your knowledge on that.)

(But she wasn't. The arrest was for assaulting an officer.)

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Kalman posted:

She could have been for sure (at least based on what you've said about Texas law, and I definitely trust your knowledge on that.)

And every jury in the world should have let her off and given the prosecutor the loving middle finger, because it was bullshit.
gently caress the cops and and their ability to do nothing wrong. Seriously, gently caress them and the people the cheerlead for them.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Pohl posted:

And every jury in the world should have let her off and given the prosecutor the loving middle finger, because it was bullshit.
gently caress the cops and and their ability to do nothing wrong. Seriously, gently caress them and the people the cheerlead for them.

I agree! It was bullshit!

But she still wasn't arrested for a traffic violation.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kalman posted:

He pulled her over a minor traffic violation, he chose to escalate the situation because she wasn't happy about being pulled over, and just wanted the ticket given to her so she could go on her way. So yes it was over a loving minor traffic violation. Arresting someone and throwing them in jail over a loving lane change is loving retarded as all hell.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
She was never going to have a trial, even if she hadn't killed herself in despair. The justice system would just drain her resources until they "let" her plead down the felony to a misdemeanor, as long as she waived all her rights to a fair trial, facing her accuser, being judged by her peers etc. Less rights; more like guidelines.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I know, I think the conspiracies surrounding the mugshots are silly.

I apologize if I came off as believing that poo poo.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Pohl fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 24, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Blah...

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Kalman posted:

Oh, I'm glad you agree, because she is still loving dead.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Kalman posted:

A way to avoid the pointless six-post back and forth on this in the future: Instead of posting "That's not what she was arrested or jailed for, though.", which you know is going to lead to this, instead say:

"That's not what she was arrested or jailed for, though. (The arrest was for assaulting an officer.) It was bullshit!"

In non-Sandra news:

http://www.wvva.com/story/29610234/2015/07/22/hundreds-of-dna-rape-kits-on-backlog-at-state-police-crime-lab

We have a huge backlog, in many areas, of rape kits being tested. The test itself takes a month for some reason, but it can be more than a year lag. This is bad for justice, bad for the victims, and just dumb in general.

quote:

In the meantime, Cpl. C.D. McCormick with the Beckley Police Dept. said there are protections in place, such as a Family Protection Order or a Personal Safety Order, but they only safeguard the victim to a degree.

"I've had several cases where I've had to arrest the same person several times for the same crime, because he continually violated the order."

And by the time the results come back, Mateer said many of the victims have moved on.

"They go through denial, they go through anger, and then they get to a place where they don't think about it anymore. Then the test comes back and they're reliving it again."

Notice that this is a cop being empathetic to rape victims, which is cool, but the overall situation blows.

Obdicut fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 24, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Kalman posted:

I never said it was a traffic violation.
The arresting officer was an idiot and she should have never spent a day in jail.

EDIT: her crime wasn't a cigarette, it was when the officer asked her why she was upset. That was when he flipped out, and his actions make no sense.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Kalmans having a difficult time showing anyone said it was about a traffic violation.
Poor guy.

Let me help him out: "You were resisting arrest!" Why am I under arrest?
Because you were resisting arrest!

Pohl fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 24, 2015

• Locked thread