Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Is anybody selling a Panasonic 14mm f2.5 (first or second gen) micro-ft lens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Got it, thanks! I'll PM you as soon as I have tracking info on Tuesday.

Dang. Missed the price drop. :(

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

No 14mm f2.5, but a pile of other M4/3, and some Nikon stuff! Here are all of the photos, plus some extra ones. Feel free to ask if you want more of anything, though.

I need to pare down my collection of lenses and cameras, so I've got quite a few things for sale. I'm in Canada, so shipping to the US can take up to 2 weeks. Prices are all USD shipped to Canada or the US, and they are all open to offers. I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world, but you will probably have to pitch in some extra for shipping.

First, the M4/3 stuff:

25mm f1.4 and 35mm f1.7 C mount lenses, with M4/3 adapter. These lenses are tiny and fully manual. The 25mm vignettes severely and has hilariously bad field curvature (the center can be in focus while the edges are blurry, or vice-versa). If you ever considered buying those lomography lenses, this is a much cheaper way to see if you like the effect. The 35mm, however, is actually a quite solid lens. Great as a cheap portrait lens, or a long walk-around. It's reasonably sharp and does not vignette noticeably. I only have one adapter, so I would strongly prefer to sell these together. They also come with some extension tubes. $50 shipped for both.

Olympus 17mm f2.8 for M4/3. This lens is kind of looked down upon because it's softer and slower than the 14mm f2.5 or 20mm f1.7 Panasonics. On the other hand, it is quite a bit cheaper. It's also not remotely a bad lens. Unless you are printing huge and comparing prints side by side, I doubt you will notice any issues with it. It's an excellent vacation lens, and makes an M4/3 kit jacket pocketable with one of the smaller bodies (or a large jacket pocket). $100 shipped for this.

Olympus E-P2 camera. NO CHARGER, NO SD CARD. Not really much to say about this camera. It's small, cheap, and it works. Comes with 3 off-brand batteries. $60 shipped.

Vivitar 800mm f8 mirror lens for M4/3. This lens is kind of nuts. I've only used it to test it out, but I wouldn't even bother without a viewfinder or a solid tripod. You'll need the ability to brace the lens/camera against something to hold it steady enough. I can't tell you how good the images are from this, but I can definitely tell you that you will not hit 800mm (1600mm full frame equivalent) for this price any other way. $80 shipped.

Olympus OM 75-300 f4.5-5.6 with M4/3 adapter. This is a more reasonably telephoto, although I would still be hesitant to use this without a viewfinder, or a tripod. It has a bit of a macro capability, 1:3 is pretty good for something that's not a dedicated macro lens. I haven't used this lens much either, so I can't speak to the quality of the images it can make. $60 shipped.

Now, the Nikon stuff:

Makinon 500mm f8 mirror lens for Nikon Mount. This is actually a kind of nice lens. It's remarkably small, and manually focusing with an SLR is a lot easier than with a mirrorless camera, in my experience. Its biggest weakness is a somewhat short focus throw, which combined with a small depth of field, makes it a bit tough to nail focus. If you do get it, it's a reasonably sharp lens. The rear element seems to have some coating rubbed off, but I can't tell that it makes much of a difference in the photos. In theory it would increase flare and decrease contrast. I haven't noticed bad flare, and contrast can be fixed in post, which you would have to do for a mirror lens anyway, since they tend to have low contrast to begin with. This lens takes considerable practice, but is capable to taking good photos. $50 shipped.

Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 for Nikon Mount. This is the old, old version, with no OS, but with an aperture ring so you can use it with all your old manual film cameras! Actually, manually focusing this lens is quite frustrating, don't do that. The lens is quite old, but the focus motor was replaced a few years ago, and the lens hasn't been used much since (which is why I'm selling it). Some paint has rubbed off, but it's in fine shape overall. Out of all of the telephotos I'm getting rid of, this one is the most useful if you plan on doing wildlife photography on a regular basis (mostly because it actually has AF unlike the rest). It's heavy, but it shouldn't be a big deal to take on a hike for a few hours, for example. It's very comparable in size and weight to your average 70-200mm f2.8. It comes with a UV filter that was always removed when the lens was in use, so you know it was used properly :D, and a stylish green case. When using this lens, don't let the camera mount take its weight, always carry the combo by the lens, not the camera or you risk ripping the mount out. I'm looking for $500 shipped.

Thanks for having a look, and again, feel free to ask for more photos, and to make offers if you don't like the price. I will also be happy to reduce the price if you buy multiple things, especially if you want the E-P2 and a lens or two for it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Interest check on a D7000 with 35/1.8, 55-200/4-5.6, and Tamron 17-50/2.8 non-VC. Shedding my crop gear now that I have a D750.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
edit-- sold locally. thanks!

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 20, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ShadeofBlue posted:

Vivitar 800mm f8 mirror lens for M4/3. This lens is kind of nuts. I've only used it to test it out, but I wouldn't even bother without a viewfinder or a solid tripod. You'll need the ability to brace the lens/camera against something to hold it steady enough. I can't tell you how good the images are from this, but I can definitely tell you that you will not hit 800mm (1600mm full frame equivalent) for this price any other way. $80 shipped.

yooooooooooooooooooooo

PM sent

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Anyone in Aus got that Understanding Exposure book/know where to get it for not $45

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

404notfound posted:

Interest check on a D7000 with 35/1.8, 55-200/4-5.6, and Tamron 17-50/2.8 non-VC. Shedding my crop gear now that I have a D750.

Might be interested. I was looking at the D7100 kit that was on Ebay but for dipping my toe into Nikon waters, I'd like to hear your ballpark price?

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Anyone in Aus got that Understanding Exposure book/know where to get it for not $45

A library? It's not exactly a long read or something you'll need to reference.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Library or look for used. It's been in print and pretty popular for a long time.

Edit: http://amzn.to/1DqpKHo $5 USD shipped, though I don't know how much to Australia

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Bud posted:

Dropped off today.

This came today and it's just as described! And you even included a battery!

Do you know if it's one of the zinc-air types and how old it is?

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
Anybody have any extra flocking laying around? I would like to buy enough to flock(? can it be a verb?) the inside of my Yashica-D but I don't really feel the need to have several square feet of it left over.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Kenderama posted:

Might be interested. I was looking at the D7100 kit that was on Ebay but for dipping my toe into Nikon waters, I'd like to hear your ballpark price?

Let me look into it and I'll get pricing and pictures up in a day or two

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

BANME.sh posted:

This came today and it's just as described! And you even included a battery!

Do you know if it's one of the zinc-air types and how old it is?

Crap I meant to check that before I sent it. I want to say its not, but I honestly don't remember. I'll to try to dig up what I went with. Can't be much more than a year old and only a few rolls were run through. Just make sure if you keep the battery in you keep it in its case or otherwise light tight or it will drain.

Bud fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 21, 2015

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
When I had my E-M5 it came with this Really Right Stuff plate, I have zero use for it .. someone here can probably use it.

It retails for $60 so how about $30 shipped to the US?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Bud posted:

Crap I meant to check that before I sent it. I want to say its not, but I honestly don't remember. I'll to try to dig up what I went with. Can't be much more than a year old and only a few rolls were run through. Just make sure if you keep the battery in you keep it in its case or otherwise light tight or it will drain.

I see little air holes in the battery so it's probably zinc air. I shot a test roll last night and the manually set shutter speeds came out really good but auto stuff shot ourdoors all came out overexposed. The zinc air batteries aren't supposed to last more than 10 months or so, so it's probably at the end of its life.

Edit; I bought a new battery today and the light meter works perfectly, comparing it to my DSLR. All's good!

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 21, 2015

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Anyone by any chance selling 5d mkiii in Canada?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bubbacub posted:

Paypal sent!

Seamonster posted:

money sent to star trek abstinence parakeet for ST-E3-RT
Shipped and PM'd tracking to you both.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

red19fire posted:

Shipped this out today.

Just got this in the mail today. Everything works great!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Kirk BL-5DIIIG L-bracket and LP-41 quick release plate

The L-bracket fits the gripped 5DIII, 5DS, and 5DS R. The plate is designed for "Canon Lenses with Tripod Mount Ring B (100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, 180mm f/3.5L Macro & MP-E 65mm f/2.8 Macro, 300mm f/4 IS, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS & 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS)." I used it on the 70-200. I might need to split these up, we'll see. These are Arca-swiss compatible plates. New they'd be $250 together, but I realize these are somewhat niche items. $175 $100 gets you both.

I'll take these for 100 if they're still available. Just PM me your paypal info

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

astr0man posted:

I'll take these for 100 if they're still available. Just PM me your paypal info
PM sent.

edit: Sold!

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 23, 2015

Taps
Aug 14, 2009

Ethanfr0me posted:

Interest check on a near mint rb67 kit? (Polaroid back, grip, case)

Shopping around for a 67 format shooter right now so ya...

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Haggins posted:

Just got this in the mail today. Everything works great!

Great, I got busy with some things, I'll have that shoulder strap in the mail tomorrow, sorry about that.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -