Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

rediscover posted:

friends?> who needs friends when i have this BIG rear end GUN rofl. being alone isjnt so bad y'all

It's a hot, mean wasteland. Kill all the things.

Especially Boomers. You dicksucks shot loving rockets at me and you REALLY think I'm going to let you live? Think again, assholes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the stealth suit is loving gay. It's really good equipment but I want it to shut the gently caress up so I use joshua grahams armor or power armor instead. I also really like the riot armor mk2 or wahtever from lonesome road

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah the stealth suit is loving gay. It's really good equipment but I want it to shut the gently caress up so I use joshua grahams armor or power armor instead. I also really like the riot armor mk2 or wahtever from lonesome road

Also, it's medium armour so it sucks for a sneak build.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I kind of liked the stealth suit except for when I was on ~50% health and had no stimpaks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wonder what the most Walt ending path is. I've settled on yes man, but I think I'm going to follow House's path up until the end.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so im walking to forlorn home when i hear gunfire, i look around wondering if its a legion hitsquad or if id accidentally wandered in to nelson but don't see anything. then i go up to the tent

those are all recruit legionaries that somehow spawned right in the middle of the camp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wonder what the most Walt ending path is. I've settled on yes man, but I think I'm going to follow House's path up until the end.

it's definitely yes man, walt's got too much pride to let anyone else rule vegas. question is how many other factions he lets live

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He would absolutely rule Vegas as the brutal dictator.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He would spell out in clear detail that he could be the one in charge if he wanted to and then give power to someone else after thoroughly emasculating them, always keeping a thumb on them from a distance. But I don't think that's an option.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It would be cool if there was a game where you could do anything.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

StashAugustine posted:

so im walking to forlorn home when i hear gunfire, i look around wondering if its a legion hitsquad or if id accidentally wandered in to nelson but don't see anything. then i go up to the tent

those are all recruit legionaries that somehow spawned right in the middle of the camp

i went to the searchlight camp and couldn't find the dude who takes the irradiated tags so i slept like a full day in their camp waiting

idk what happened but their routine decided that making a big conga line against a mountain was the correct thing to do so i ran into like 10 ncr troopers standing hip to hip after i gave up and started wandering off

i really wish an enemy had spawned for them to shoot

i'm playing tale of two wastelands and they added wild wasteland stuff to fo3 areas and one of them is just renaming dogmeat dogemeat

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 23, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

i went to the searchlight camp and couldn't find the dude who takes the irradiated tags so i slept like a full day in their camp waiting

idk what happened but their routine decided that making a big conga line against a mountain was the correct thing to do so i ran into like 10 ncr troopers standing hip to hip after i gave up and started wandering off

i really wish an enemy had spawned for them to shoot

i'm playing tale of two wastelands and they added wild wasteland stuff to fo3 areas and one of them is just renaming dogmeat dogemeat

funny cause this is what happened after i liberated nelson

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'd really want to see that crowd shooting at something because the friendly fire count would be unreal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OWB is giving me a good excuse to dip into my nuka grenades and fat mines. Used a fat mine on the unique securitron boss and it was so satisfying to just clear out a bunch of bullet sponge crap in one explosion. Killed the unique cazador by throwing a nuka grenade in the room he's in while his AI tries to work out how to get around the desk it spawned behind.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Robo scorpions can get hosed though. I used like 30 plain mfc grenades just fighting my way out of the stealth suit area.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
OWB has a pretty great storyline (mostly the twist - the rusty venture pulp 50s scifi meme stuff is funny too, but i guess your mileage may vary), but i really wish they'd fixed the encounter design before shipping it. does jsawyer fix any of that?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, i never really made the connection until recently, but each of the DLCs fits to a different pulp genre of narrative:

HH is a pulp western,
Dead Money is pulp gothic horror,
OWB is pulp sci-fi,
and LR is pulp revenge fantasy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The DLC are none of those things.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

me beating you to a pulp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The DLC are none of those things.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
don't say pulp again

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man duct tapes and scrap electronics are gold. Every one is an MFC cluster, which I believe is the best grenade type weapon in the game purely because it detonates on proximity. Took some lovely robot killer perk just because it gives scrap electronics and increases crit chance against robots because I'm getting sick of these bullets sponge fuckers. Feels so satisfying to walk out of a main quest objective and just fling a cluster at the robo scorpion ambush whilst yelling "gently caress off" at my monitor.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

OWB is really fun, specifically for the fact that its hard as gently caress when you start it, but by the end you have completed science and been made a smart man who knows how to make a weapon deadly. also it has the coolest home base out of all of new vegas, and even the seemingly inconsequential things you find end up being incredible updates for the sink.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Like, you start out trying to stealth past combat encounters, and towards the end, youre seeing how many shitheads you can cut down with a minigun that acts like a dog and chews up 357 bullets

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Like, you start out trying to stealth past combat encounters, and towards the end, youre seeing how many shitheads you can cut down with a minigun that acts like a dog and chews up 357 bullets

It's actually the opposite of this because you get the dog gun immediately and you'll run out of bullets before you finish the first main quest.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Its cool to dome lobotomites but all the other enemies are fairly gay.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Its cool to dome lobotomites but all the other enemies are fairly gay.

Even they are spongy AF. I hit level 30 in the dlc which is about when they start using high level weapons so they are deadly now too. They were using caravan shotguns that couldn't break my dt when I started and now the cunts are smashing me with hunting shottys.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's actually the opposite of this because you get the dog gun immediately and you'll run out of bullets before you finish the first main quest.

if you use the dog gun immediately it becomes pretty clear that you shouldnt use it yet, also get the upgrades for it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I'm going to get Christine's rifle and forget about roleplaying for the rest of the dlc.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

OWB beat the poo poo out of me when I first started it but then it clicked for me adn became a ton of fun, its supposed to be a savage scramble from point to point until you start upgrading poo poo and solving the caves

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

every single dungeon has a very obvious reward to improve the gameplay inside of the DLC map

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i think i might have died more to owb than dead money

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dead Money is about my favorite DLC now with the only thing I find annoying about it being the radio gimmick which isn't too much of an issue for the majority of the dlc

well also that and that I didn't realize that annoying Dean in any way shape or form I guess makes you have to kill him in the end- I think using your explosives skill to joke about the bomb switch he makes you sit on when you meet him counts too

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

killing dean is the good ending

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

StashAugustine posted:

killing dean is the good ending

as a proper content enjoyer your job is to keep as many npcs alive as possible

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i think i might have died more to owb than dead money

its the most combat heavy dlc, because it forces you to solo it and sticks you in an area full of fast enemies that have too much hp, and they are placed really densely so you aggro like 5 of them every time you step outside. and they run faster than you and have knockdown attacks so you cant just try to avoid fighting them.

dunno what the gently caress they were thinking when they made that area really. the writing is pretty strong and it has a lot of funny characters, but the gameplay is weaker than almost anything else in new vegas or fallout 3

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the dog gun can be upgraded once you run out of 38 special to become 44 magnum which is not really an upgrade

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Dead Money is about my favorite DLC now with the only thing I find annoying about it being the radio gimmick which isn't too much of an issue for the majority of the dlc

well also that and that I didn't realize that annoying Dean in any way shape or form I guess makes you have to kill him in the end- I think using your explosives skill to joke about the bomb switch he makes you sit on when you meet him counts too

Nah that's one if the only skill checks that doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

as a proper content enjoyer your job is to keep as many npcs alive as possible

This.

• Locked thread