Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when the $150 Silver per-order package was #1 on Steam sales for like a week?

lol they made bank off this lovely game

Everyone i know that played this has either
a) sold their accounts and recouped any money they spent.

or

b) did a credit card chargeback and got back any money they spent.

I have no idea why people still spend money on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

futile posted:

Romeos, the leader of KGB, was pretty well known for being the biggest whale on Ollo. For example he bought and regrade-destroyed tons of kraken weapons back when they were the best thing in the game. Just for fun. $100,000 is a totally believable number. He's just an amateur compared to some EVE and mobile game whales though.

Oh I figured anyone still playing has a huge chance of being a whale, it's just that he hasn't been noted for it in the last few games I've played where KGB was a thing.

With that I don't think there's anyone left on Ollo that I like. Good thing I haven't played since December or so.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Meskhenet posted:

Everyone i know that played this has either
a) sold their accounts and recouped any money they spent.

or

b) did a credit card chargeback and got back any money they spent.

I have no idea why people still spend money on this game.

I tried both of these and failed. By the time I had quit, the game was in full-on dumpster fire mode and nobody was buying accounts anymore. The credit card I used to buy the $150 pack had a 60 day limit on chargebacks, and it had been like 6 or 7 months since I had made the purchase :saddowns:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

That sucks :/

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Don't worry guys, they have a new and worse anti-hack, everything is going to be okay.

Also I do miss USA as Vampire Hunter Lincoln. He was so proud of that title.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who wants to play the next lovely trion game

id pay up to $399 US DOLLARS for a founders pack

ok Trion come poop on me

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Remember when RIFT came out and everyone actually kinda liked Trion?

I'm amazed how fast they pissed away their goodwill.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think you can piss away goodwill that fast

its more like explosive diarrhea-ed their goodwill away

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all over the people that bought Archeage

i mean

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
Are the goons still around on this game? I played at launch but had some poo poo go down and am just now able to get back into it. I made someone on kyrios server west side.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TokenTrevor posted:

Are the goons still around on this game? I played at launch but had some poo poo go down and am just now able to get back into it. I made someone on kyrios server west side.

This is a bad game that no one should ever play.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
never play game

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

There are no goon guilds, just random goons scattered wherever.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Truly we are a shattered people. Where is our god?

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
Well that loving sucks. Goons are the most fun when we can gather together and troll the gently caress out of pubbies. Oh well I have a friend with 1k gold so maybe I'll start a goon refuge on kyrios west. Looking to go pirate at some point if that's even still a thing.:rms:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TokenTrevor posted:

Well that loving sucks. Goons are the most fun when we can gather together and troll the gently caress out of pubbies. Oh well I have a friend with 1k gold so maybe I'll start a goon refuge on kyrios west. Looking to go pirate at some point if that's even still a thing.:rms:

No really this is a terrible game and you're a terrible person if you play it. Do you not read threads?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we did ruin the game for a lot of people, but also ruined the game for goons

it owned for that reason

its bad tho

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stealing peoples' illegal crops and scamming them out of housing payments was really fun. Shame about the goons.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I miss my improbable hang-glider. :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Swooping down and unsummoning the glider to land perfect on a deck to launch an AoE fear to knock jerkoffs off their fishboats will live fondly in my memories of a good moment in a poo poo game run by idiots.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TokenTrevor posted:

You, well... umm.... missed the boat mate.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
I kinda miss working my small little farm, trying to fiddle as many plants into it as possible.
Then making a trade pack, hop on my boat. Sailing for 5-10minutes only to be ganked right before the dock.
Those were the times.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Only is they kept this game in the pre-arcume nerf in the alpha before the store was added, those were great times.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Real Nito posted:

I kinda miss working my small little farm, trying to fiddle as many plants into it as possible.
Then making a trade pack, hop on my boat. Sailing for 5-10minutes only to be ganked right before the dock.
Those were the times.

It was pretty fun in the months before launch and maybe a month after. Definitely not worth the over $200 I invested in it though. This game probably croaked faster than any other MMO I've played in the last dozen years.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Croaked, absolutely dead, all thousands upon thousands of us active players gone. Except for the thousands upon thousands of us active players.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dead game tho

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Real Nito posted:

Those were the times.

I made an auto-it script that would plant them most efficiently by number of pixels per plant type.then another that mashed the harvest button over and over while walking the length and width of the plot. Made pretty good money auto-farming stuff to either auction off or turn into potions. Think hat project turned out to be more fun than the game itself. I didn't get constantly told "gently caress off, unless you spend hundreds of dollars to buy the bottom tier of acceptable gear you're poo poo and will stay poo poo, and even then the guys that spent thousands will poo poo on you"

Really did enjoy the tears when thunder struck trees became available to the masses. So many butt hurt archeage 1%-ers raged about not being special snowflakes anymore. Was great.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

SumYungGui posted:

Really did enjoy the tears when thunder struck trees became available to the masses. So many butt hurt archeage 1%-ers raged about not being special snowflakes anymore. Was great.

That was the beginning of the end for me, when I went from logging in 3x a day to check for thunderstrucks, to not logging in for a couple days at a time.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

quote:

If you choose to stay on your server (or if you take no action to apply for a transfer), your characters will be involved in the upcoming merger.

Items that are normally destroyed during a land demolish must be packed up into your character’s inventory or warehouse in order to prevent their destruction.

No guilds or families will be carried over to the new server. All guilds and families must be reformed after the merge.

No castles will be kept during the merge.

lol

Server """"evolutions"""". I guess that's the new marketing lingo for a server merge where you lose absolutely everything that matters... and by the way give us more money

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 18, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow. Losing your castle is pretty harsh.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Angela Christine posted:

Wow. Losing your castle is pretty harsh.

how could anyone possibly recover

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another credit card obviously.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So how exactly is this going to work, "merge and lose everything to play with people, or stay in your ghost town to keep it all"?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SumYungGui posted:

So how exactly is this going to work, "merge and lose everything to play with people, or stay in your ghost town to keep it all"?

I don't think the latter is an option. They are telling players that those things are happening, no asking.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
More like "Transfer and lose everything OR merge and lose everything" with no other options.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

You evolve to play the game with less than you had before. It's actually a pretty cool way they are handling it imho.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey looks like they finally added NG+.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Haven't even looked at this game for months but they sent me a "please come back please oh god :qq: " email.

I'd consider playing it again if they got rid of the rampant botting and made decent plots of land available for people who aren't poopsockers/bots. Did or are they fixing either of those things?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Haha gently caress that then

• Locked thread