Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, I'm in for a buck now cause I don't have a lot extra but I'm expecting to have some free cash in a few weeks.

Not sure if I'll have Tiamat extra, but you know, my Dragons Don't Share box looks kind of lonely right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, Reaper should really consider doing a line of pre-un-painted bones, it'd really save us all a lot of trouble.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I just don't think you can get the same quality unpainted figures by having some Chinese factory workers procrastinate over them for a few hours as opposed to the unpainted figures you get by slacking off yourself.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

djfooboo posted:

I am going to buy a generic dragon that ISN'T Tiamat. I have no preference truth be told, just want a generic dragon. Which one wins?

I've liked Marthrangul for a long time. Big chunky cartoon dragon. :3: We've got two ladies in our gaming group, and we're both getting one.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Get the one that comes with a rider, that one looks cool.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Space Mouselings :swoon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp looks like I'm getting some squads of midget mousy space marines

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Forge father: Melty Cheese Squad

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Current bets:

Slimnoid: 2.1 million
Doctor Borris: 2.2 million
Gareth Gobulcoque: 2.3 million
JackMann: 2.5 million
Bad Munki: 2.7 million

We're into the last 24 hours and just hitting 2.1. Winner can expect four minis painted by the rest of us schlubs.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ah hell, put me in for $2.4m

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

JackMann posted:

Right here. Keep in mind that to get the Kickstarter prices, you have to pledge at least a buck through Kickstarter proper. You cannot yet add money on the Pledge Manager yet, and won't be able to until the Kickstarter finishes.

I think I phrased my question badly.

When is the balance of payment likely to be due after the kickstarter ends?

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

JackMann posted:

Current bets:

We're into the last 24 hours and just hitting 2.1. Winner can expect four minis painted by the rest of us schlubs.

And I will take $2.6 million.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Eyespy posted:

I think I phrased my question badly.

When is the balance of payment likely to be due after the kickstarter ends?

You'll be able to pay it pretty much at any time, so long as you get it done before the pledge manager ends. You don't have to pay the balance right away. Just remember that you can add money, but you can't remove it once you send it to 'em.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm traveling and only just now got a chance to make a bet. It's a really long shot but gently caress it. I'm in for 2.8M.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm traveling and only just now got a chance to make a bet. It's a really long shot but gently caress it. I'm in for 1.7M.

What the... I don't even... eh??

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Doctor Borris posted:

He just wants to paint a model for someone.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

I'm traveling and only just now got a chance to make a bet. It's a really long shot but gently caress it. I'm in for 2.8M.

Signal: 2.4
Bachtere: 2.6
Leperflesh: 2.8

And at 2.15 million, Slimnoid is out of the running! Better get to painting, bud! Borris is currently in the lead, but who knows where we'll end up?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Doctor Borris posted:

I fixed it immediately... typing on a kindle loving sucks. that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yo, :siren:Krushgroove:siren: have you worked out what you want in for so I can bump my pledge the appropriate amount and help make sure everyone gets a not-Tiamat to not-paint?

I'm not sure I have D:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well, I accidentally blew my miniature budget for the rest of the year on this, but there are so many so pretty models I just had to get. Plus international shipping is terrible. Luckily there was one spot left in Wave 2 and I managed to snag it. So in a year I will have forgotten this, will be pleasantly surprised by a ton of miis and the left wondering what I was originally planning to do with them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

^^ I'm rationalising international shipping by adding $1 to every mini until it's gone, and then thinking "Is this still cheaper than retail?" and the answer is yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3n0ayED5U

Look at that cannon. Look. At. It.

Also giving up on the camera mount and holding it up in the air to fit tianot into the frame :gowron:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 25, 2015

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Please don't make me pay 60 for a giant dinosaur dragon thing...

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I want that boat golem and I have loving idea what the hell I would use it for. Goblin pirate force perhaps? But for what goddamn game??

Graveyard is a good deal for that amount of stuff, and there a few bits and bobs I wouldn't mind picking up as well. I'd love the $60 dragon, but don't think I would ever paint it. But if I did, I know it wouldn't be useful in a game either!

I am trying to anticipate what I think I might be wanting by November next year, and I haven't a clue to be honest. $180 for what I have now ($30 of which is for shipping), which doesn't include the hosed exchange rate we currently have. Purchasing stuff for Bones II was much nicer.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tiamat just funded, on to... FROGHEMOTH

Also chibi Mr and Mrs Bones

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Air elementals as a $10 add-on just revealed, as well as free pdf's of some printable tiles from some other company for free.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

NTRabbit posted:

Also chibi Mr and Mrs Bones

I've been waiting for these guys to show up. They shall be the idols overseeing my painting desk.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm up to $367. This will break $1000 on bones since bones 1.

Total Bones painted to date: 2.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
similarly near 1000.00 with 1 painted. They sure know how to sell them.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Signal: 2.4 million
Bachtere: 2.6 million
Leperflesh: 2.8 million

As you can see, Doctor Borris and Gareth Gobulcoque have both been knocked out of the fight! Get your brushes ready, fellas. Right now SIgnal is winnine. But there are almost four hours left until the end. Will he be able to remain a victor?

EDIT: And now Signal has been laid low by the backing, leading to my own triumphant, inevitable victory! At least until we cross the threshold of $2,500,000 and Bachtere reigns supreme.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 25, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm up to $367. This will break $1000 on bones since bones 1.

Total Bones painted to date: 2.

$451 this time around. It's absurd. Although I have probably 5 times as many bones painted as you! :suicide:

When we were making our bets, I was thinking 2.7 was the kind of silly high point, but now I'm thinking there's actually a reasonable chance of the campaign getting up there. Crazy. That'd be 700k in 24 (or 48? I don't remember when I bet) hours. Especially since it's actually 2 hours and 40 minutes, not the 2 hours shown (6PM eastern).

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 25, 2015

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I can't believe how my brain is trying to rationalize spending even more than the $160 I have pledged on white plastic figures that I won't get for almost a year and a half. I actually feel bad for not pledging more, what is wrong with me

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm gonna be one of the $1 tragedy-of-the-commons dudes who has to fix their poo poo in the pledge manager after they get paid, but I think I'm looking at about $50-75 for everything I want. I'm really grateful for the a la carte portions of the core/expansion sets.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Tragically I have missed my window. :'(

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I pledged $100 and I don't think I'm going to go much beyond that. The only thing I really feel like I want from this is not-Tiamat, plus a few other bits and bobs.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Are we going to have a cutoff for bets as we approach the end of the campaign? Like if it's 10 minutes to go and the funding is at 2.849 is it cool if someone swoops in and grabs 2.9 at the last second? Or should we, say, close betting at 5PM eastern time, 1 hour prior to closure, to prevent risk-avoidance? :v:

Also, I feel like I actually have a good chance of getting this, since they just need to generate 100k in the next two hours, but not more than 200k. :dance:

Also also, RIP JackMann

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 25, 2015

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Signal: 2.4 million
Bachtere: 2.6 million
Leperflesh: 2.8 million

Calumny! Iniquity! I have been unseated by that johnny-come-lately Bachtere!

Cut-off on bets was at the 12-hour-to-go mark, per the rules. No new bets are accepted, and if it goes to the moon, Leperflesh wins by default.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Dat hippo-man is da poo poo.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Maaaaaan think of all those people who had a chance to own a mini painted by Bachtere now having instead to send a painted mini TO Bachtere.

Also, that hippo-man, that rhino-man etc etc. They're knocking the werewhatevers out of the park on this Bones.

That Dagon, too, wonder how big he is.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
If someone wants to divest themselves of shame Bones from past Kickstarters I am interested in a dozen or more models. Anybody up for a small scale sell off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Man, that Sophie sketch is shockingly not trashy, and seems like the only iteration of the model that I would consider owning.

I am currently only in this for a buck, and I am trying to work out how much I can eventually buy in for. After admitting to myself that I really do not need a hundred more guys to not paint, I think that I should be trying to focus on getting some good terrain out of this that I can use for pretty much all the games I don't play.

Looks like Graveyard Expansion + Mythic Circle is the way to go for that? It would give me a couple big terrain pieces (crypt, stonehenge) plus an array of fences and smaller pieces to use to make area terrain/etc for games. Also I get a sweetass golem and some random spooky dudes to not paint.

I will probably end up throwing in at least one small pack of guys because it's hard to resist not to. Probably the Townsfolk or one of the Pathfinder groups.

• Locked thread