Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

If you intend to get all of them, start with the minekaze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Sperglord Actual posted:

They've already got plenty of ships that never were, what's a few more? :v:

I have enough credits for a Nicholas, a Minekaze or a Furutaka. Which should I buy first?

Minekaze if you like to be an invisible son of a bitch who sinks people with long range, high rate of fire torpedos. Furutaka if you like pain and suffering and/or wish to reach the better IJN cruisers.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Magni posted:

Mikasa looks funny between a huge healthpool and insane secondary battery for her tier, fast rudder and tight turning circle.

Mikasa makes nice dinnerware, my wife loves them.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

As far as I can tell though, the Russian tree would have to be tiny as all hell.

A couple decent cruisers (Kirov/Maxim Gorky) maybe but otherwise weren't their few battleships during WW2 obsolete early dreadnoughts and they had literally zero aircraft carriers until like 1975?

donut shiiip

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Hazdoc posted:

Oh please, dont be angry playing those maps. They're great.

I don't mind the maps themselves. I just don't like having to play on Big Race four times in a row.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Mikasa makes nice dinnerware, my wife loves them.

Hey! Watch what you call my Japanese waifu. :livintrope:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

As far as I can tell though, the Russian tree would have to be tiny as all hell.
A couple decent cruisers (Kirov/Maxim Gorky) maybe but otherwise weren't their few battleships during WW2 obsolete early dreadnoughts and they had literally zero aircraft carriers until like 1975?

They'll have some interesting stuff in the early tiers like the Gangut and Imperatritsa Mariya classes, but aside from the HMS Royal Sovereign and whatever they had laid down for construction before WWII, anything in the russian tree will be paper since post WWII they didn't really have a need for a surface navy. Though anyone who played WoT should be used to this.

Not gonna lie though, I really wanna see the german tree to see if the Deutschland class gets put in as a cruiser or a battleship.

EDIT: The Kronshtadt-class and Stalingrad-class might have a place towards the end of the russian cruiser line if wargaming wants to be really silly.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 24, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's sure to have plenty of never weres, but it's not that badly off. Tashkent is probably good enough to be a tier 10 destroyer, and their cruisers should be manageable up to tier 8 or so. High tier battleships will have to be paper/incomplete, and there are no carriers, but I don't think it'll be much more paper than Germany.

Michaellaneous posted:

Okay but I am gonna be honest. I am kinda hyped for Heavy Cruiser Deutschland simply for it's concept. A cruiser sized ship with 11" guns? Yes please.
They also look really nifty.

There's some hint that Deutschland will be a tier 4 battleship, which is just lame as hell. It's not like it'd be hard to balance 6x11" on a tier ~8 cruiser.
Even worse, if Deutschland is a tier 4 battleship then it's likely that Alaska will be a boring mid tier battleship, and not putting Alaska at tier 9 or 10 would just be the worst.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Elmnt80 posted:

They'll have some interesting stuff in the early tiers like the Gangut and Imperatritsa Mariya classes, but aside from the HMS Royal Sovereign and whatever they had laid down for construction before WWII, anything in the russian tree will be paper since post WWII they didn't really have a need for a surface navy. Though anyone who played WoT should be used to this.

The Soviet tech tree in WoT is one of the least paper in the game, with the Americans holding the title I think. Conversely, the German tree is at least half poo poo that never existed in metal.

They'll have plenty of destroyers to choose from, and a few cruisers (more, if they shoehorn destroyer leaders in as low-tier cruisers like they did for Japan). Not sure how they'll figure BBs out other than Sovietsky Soyuz at T9 and the Project 24s at tier 10, Royal Sovereign and Giulio Cesare will probably end up being premiums. No clue how they'll do carriers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Elmnt80 posted:

Not gonna lie though, I really wanna see the german tree to see if the Deutschland class gets put in as a cruiser or a battleship.

EDIT: The Kronshtadt-class and Stalingrad-class might have a place towards the end of the russian cruiser line if wargaming wants to be really silly.
Ya the russian tree is gonna be totally full of paper monsters. Can't wait to see their quad 3x18" turret tier X BB.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
They're doing a poll on what the WoW mascot should be:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll370115x697C41E0-14

Spoiler: The correct answer is Ship's Cat

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Gonna laugh so hard when they add in a Kirov-class as a Tier 10 premium.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

rossmum posted:

The Soviet tech tree in WoT is one of the least paper in the game, with the Americans holding the title I think. Conversely, the German tree is at least half poo poo that never existed in metal.

You forgot Japan :japan:

until they add the heavy tanks, anyway

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

LeadSled posted:

Gonna laugh so hard when they add in a Kirov-class as a Tier 10 premium.

It does beg the question of where the Sverdlov would fit in. 4x triple 152 mounts (the same gun the Grem uses in single mounts), 6x double-mount 100mm secondaries, 32x 37mm AA guns, and ten torp tubes. It feels like it'd be a solid Russian T8 premium medium cruiser.

EDIT: Also, what the gently caress - earlier today I saw the Warspite on sale for real money, the notice claimed it'd be on sale until the 28th, and now it's gone. Make up your making GBS threads minds, you Krokodil addicts. Nevermind, it's the Asian premium shop, which isn't tied to the US server.

This could definitely be a decent Soviet St. Louis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cruiser_Chervona_Ukraina

15x 130mm with semi-decent AA for T3 (as compared to the St. Louis), with small (but existent) torpedoes, it's just armored for poo poo.

Other than that, it seems the Russian cruiser line is going to be a repeated case of "hey I heard you liked one-fiddy-twos, so we put mo' one-fiddy-twos alongside yo' one-fiddy-twos so you can one-fiddy-two while you one-fiddy-two."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 25, 2015

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PirateBob posted:

Minekaze if you like to be an invisible son of a bitch who sinks people with long range, high rate of fire torpedos. Furutaka if you like pain and suffering and/or wish to reach the better IJN cruisers.

I feel like that should be part of an introduction: Hello, my name is Ratzap and I am attempting to get through the Furutaka...
I look longingly at the next one in the tree every now and again to keep motivated. It had better be good after this or there will be tears.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

rossmum posted:

They'll have plenty of destroyers to choose from, and a few cruisers (more, if they shoehorn destroyer leaders in as low-tier cruisers like they did for Japan). Not sure how they'll figure BBs out other than Sovietsky Soyuz at T9 and the Project 24s at tier 10, Royal Sovereign and Giulio Cesare will probably end up being premiums. No clue how they'll do carriers.

It was more pointing at WG's overall love of bullshit paper designs. And making up their own complete and utter bullshit. Looking right at you JgPzE100 and whatever that E100 waffle was called.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
loving Aoba man. The fuckin Aoba. What a boat.

In the last seconds a friendly minekaze lit me on fire because I rammed him and he wasn't paying attention to where his shots were going (that's what the background is, actually). At least we coordinated who was torping first. The Citadels were on... A CLEVELAND! Oh, citadeling them is soooo satisfying. Even my shots that didn't citadel plunged through the deck and fully penned for 4-5k hits. Plunging fire from the Aoba can mess up even a BB's day, it seems, though HE hits pretty hard too. I had 2 guys beach themselves running from me.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It does beg the question of where the Sverdlov would fit in. 4x triple 152 mounts (the same gun the Grem uses in single mounts)
Grem's guns are B-13 130mm.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

James Garfield posted:

Last they said it was Russia > Germany > UK.

Then Italy then France.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

rossmum posted:

No clue how they'll do carriers.

They flat out *can't* do aircraft carriers since they'd have to napkin both the ships *and* the planes that would launch from them.

rossmum posted:

Grem's guns are B-13 130mm.

Yeah - still, though. On any smaller Russian/Soviet ship it's usually 130s or 152s ad infinitum.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They flat out *can't* do aircraft carriers since they'd have to napkin both the ships *and* the planes that would launch from them.

Converted Sovetskiy Soyuz hulls and Sea Shturmoviks. :getin:

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming
I just had the best round of my entire time playing this game. I got wrecked hard at the beginning, and only had about 10% health. Then I finished the game with almost 5000XP and was dodging torps like a boss. I really wished my replays were working because GOD drat.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I don't know... I'm simply not liking the forever hang time shells on the Cleveland, I used to be able to pump out confederates on the Omaha, I can't even win a game in my cleveland.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Have they stated how they feel about carrier balance right now? Load into a game with 2x tier 7's CV's vs a Tier 6 and a Tier 5. Predictable loss, enemy CV's top 2 in XP. *yawn*

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Tugboat currently winning, but how would that even work out as a mascot? Are they going to give it googly eyes on the underside, and a pair of cartoon legs and arms?

...and what is the nautical connection between ships and warsheep of all things, anyway?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Someone had better round up a few hundred votes for the cat because those :drat: those mascot choices are boring.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

OSad posted:

...and what is the nautical connection between ships and warsheep of all things, anyway?

warship warsheep

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You can also vote multiple times. The ram and tugboat got a zillion votes in like 5 minutes.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

James Garfield posted:

It's sure to have plenty of never weres, but it's not that badly off. Tashkent is probably good enough to be a tier 10 destroyer, and their cruisers should be manageable up to tier 8 or so. High tier battleships will have to be paper/incomplete, and there are no carriers, but I don't think it'll be much more paper than Germany.

There's some hint that Deutschland will be a tier 4 battleship, which is just lame as hell. It's not like it'd be hard to balance 6x11" on a tier ~8 cruiser.
Even worse, if Deutschland is a tier 4 battleship then it's likely that Alaska will be a boring mid tier battleship, and not putting Alaska at tier 9 or 10 would just be the worst.
Alaska being a low/mid tier battleship would be hilarious against carriers because of it's late war 'murican AA loadout.

Deutschland as anything other than a low tier BB would be exceptionally painful however because it's AA suite at it's time of commissioning consisted of three pre-WWI anti-torpedo boat guns converted into flak.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You can also vote multiple times. The ram and tugboat got a zillion votes in like 5 minutes.

we need a wargaming emote like :pgi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

WE
Alaska being a low/mid tier battleship would be hilarious against carriers because of it's late war 'murican AA loadout.

Deutschland as anything other than a low tier BB would be exceptionally painful however because it's AA suite at it's time of commissioning consisted of three pre-WWI anti-torpedo boat guns converted into flak.

Or they could put them in as cruisers at tier 10 with the battleship repair ability and use the Admiral Hipper instead of the Deutschland?

Edit: I though the hipper was a pocket battleship too, my bad. Holy poo poo germany, why would you not put loving AA on these ships after what happened to the bismark you utter retards.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 25, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah, the Furutaka is excruciating. It's basically a glass BB after spending two ships as a DD+ and it's taught me to look at what the next tier ship is all about before I blindly upgrade. Only 20k more XP to go if I burn all my free XP to get out of this match made in hell.

Tempted to buy gold just for the occasion... :shepspends:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Elmnt80 posted:

Or they could put them in as cruisers at tier 10 with the battleship repair ability and use the Admiral Hipper instead of the Deutschland?

Edit: I though the hipper was a pocket battleship too, my bad. Holy poo poo germany, why would you not put loving AA on these ships after what happened to the bismark you utter retards.

Nazi Germany was actually pretty bad at the whole war thing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

orange juche posted:

we need a wargaming emote like :pgi:

I made one but it was shot down and never used.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

demonR6 posted:

I made one but it was shot down and never used.

I get use out of it

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

poo poo that model Bismarck is cool, getting me that.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I hope once this close range accuracy buff for BB's goes in, people will start brawling in them more. Not only is it fun, but its loving really good. I charged in on a distracted Amagi in my Myoko and once I got to like 7.5km I started taking 2k damage volleys from his secondaries like every 4-5 seconds. By the time I got to 3km and spun to launch torps, I had lost like 12k health and was burning from 2 fires. A couple of games later, I watched another Amagi basically solo a New Orleans from 15k health to dead just with his secondaries.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

AngrySpork posted:

I just had the best round of my entire time playing this game. I got wrecked hard at the beginning, and only had about 10% health. Then I finished the game with almost 5000XP and was dodging torps like a boss. I really wished my replays were working because GOD drat.
Replays work. You have to edit the .xml file since there is no UI button for them yet. It is even in the OP:

demonR6 posted:

Replays

Wargaming is apparently not smart enough (or lazy) to add the replay button to the GUI but they were nice enough to give us instructions. Conversely you can download the latest modpack from Aslain and you can select it from there.

code:
There is no in-game UI function for this feature right now, so players will need to enable it manually through the following steps:

1. Close the game client.
2. Backup the "preferences.xml" file located in the game folder. You may wish to save this backup copy in a separate folder.
3. Open the original (not backup) "preferences.xml" file using a text editor like Notepad. 
4. Scroll to the bottom until you see the following lines:
Block Quote
 </scriptsPreferences>
    <consoleHistory />
</root>

5. Paste two new lines before the </scriptsPreferences> line:
Block Quote
<isReplayEnabled> true </isReplayEnabled>
<ReplayCameraUpdate> 30 </ReplayCameraUpdate>

6. It should now look like this:
Block Quote
<isReplayEnabled> true </isReplayEnabled>
       <ReplayCameraUpdate> 30 </ReplayCameraUpdate>
 </scriptsPreferences>
    <consoleHistory />
</root>

7. Save the file and launch the game client.
8. Enjoy the game!
9. All of the replays will be stored at the "..\replays" folder, which will be automatically created inside the game folder.
10. To launch a replay, close the game client first.
11. After closing the game, drag and drop the "*.wowsreplay" file to WorldOfWarships.exe, or associate the .wowsreplay file extention with the game executable.
12. Every battle generates a separate replay file. Port cannot be recorded.
13. *.wowsreplay files can only be played with the same client version. Replays may not work properly with newer version of the game client.

Replay controls:
Block Quote
'PageUp' & 'PageDown' for playback speed control
'Home' for normal speed
'End' for pause (which is actually x100 slower speed)
'LMB' for toggling camera direction between 'free' and 'recorded'
'>' & '<' for fast-forward & rewind (can be used together with 'Ctrl')

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

OSad posted:

Tugboat currently winning, but how would that even work out as a mascot? Are they going to give it googly eyes on the underside, and a pair of cartoon legs and arms?

http://worldofwarsheeps.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

grrarg posted:

Replays work. You have to edit the .xml file since there is no UI button for them yet. It is even in the OP:

Also Aslain's mod pack has a mod that will do this for you if you are really lazy as balls.