Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
New danielfromsl video. Not as good as the other ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYirOC_3HSg

Is Rust worth picking up for a casual gamer thinks it's funny when pubbies get angry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Someone asked me about my redtext in another thread and told me I should post the story here because it involved making a lot of nerds really mad

Magres posted:

Short version is that gamergate hates trans people and gets real, real mad if you ban people for saying lovely thing about trans people.

Long version is that I'm one of the moderators for the r/planetside subreddit. A month or two ago a woman posted a picture of a skirt she made with the logo of one of the in-game factions. Because the internet is awful, the thread devolved into morons pointing and screaming slurs and "OMG ITS A GUY." I banned like a dozen people and told them to write 500 word essays on the (horrifyingly harmful) impacts of transphobia on trans people if they wanted to get unbanned (I figured it'd give me extra chances to mock idiots, and that anyone who actually spent half an hour writing the drat thing was sincere enough to get a second chance). One of them got r/kotakuinaction, the gamergate subreddit, whipped up into a frenzy about Ethics In Gaming Moderation, and one of them decided to drop :10bux: on giving me the best red text ever

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Magres posted:

told them to write 500 word essays on the (horrifyingly harmful) impacts of transphobia on trans people if they wanted to get unbanned

Hahahah, holy poo poo. I remember that. It went cross-reddit subs like a wildfire. People were PISSED.

Well, done.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Magres posted:

Someone asked me about my redtext in another thread and told me I should post the story here because it involved making a lot of nerds really mad

You wear that red text with pride goon sir.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dillbag posted:

New danielfromsl video. Not as good as the other ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYirOC_3HSg
Completely disagree. This is one of the best things hes ever done, holy poo poo.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Gorn Myson posted:

Completely disagree. This is one of the best things hes ever done, holy poo poo.

Yeah that was glorious thanks for posting!

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Magres posted:

Are you the same Reddit mod that did that, and also was like super into degrading and uncomfortable 'trap' threads on 4chan, because I seem to recall a Reddit mod being called out on that after asking somone to write an essay on trans people.

If that was someone else, good on you.

If you are that person, :wtc:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

axelsoar posted:

Are you the same Reddit mod that did that, and also was like super into degrading and uncomfortable 'trap' threads on 4chan, because I seem to recall a Reddit mod being called out on that after asking somone to write an essay on trans people.

If that was someone else, good on you.

If you are that person, :wtc:

lmao

I was flippant on the 4chan board a couple years ago and it turned into this

The internet is a wonderful place

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Is it really that uncommon to have people write things for your amusement?

I had people in warhammer online write a self inserted erotic fanfic to see who got the open officer spot. Then we had a goon in GBS read them all out.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Magres posted:

lmao

I was flippant on the 4chan board a couple years ago and it turned into this

The internet is a wonderful place

It got brought up in the schaden-thread, If you've since changed then it's whatever.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Have we heard the story behind your redtext axelsoar? Cause that sounds like a good one.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Is it really that uncommon to have people write things for your amusement?

I had people in warhammer online write a self inserted erotic fanfic to see who got the open officer spot. Then we had a goon in GBS read them all out.

Our GOKU outfit in Planetside 2 offers three avenues for non-goons to join: Film yourself eating an entire jar of mayo, film yourself doing the fusion dance, or write an essay about your favorite episode of Dragonball Z. People actually did the latter two.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The best episode of DBZ is the one where they get sweaty and grunt a lot

Tell me you have some of those essays and videos and please post them

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 24, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Magres posted:

You're the greatest. Please never stop turning bad people into mad people.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Dabir posted:

Have we heard the story behind your redtext axelsoar? Cause that sounds like a good one.

So, Exalted is a tabletop game like D&D that is all about crazy over-the-top demigods doing Greek tragedy stuff plus wuxia and anime. The 3rd edition is coming out Soon* (about 2 years behind the first date given at this point) and updates have been sparse. One of the few updates we got a while back was the update for the Abyssals, think super vampire-zombie-deathknights that want to end the world, except the ones that don't. The problem was, the update was like, super gross. It gave your character magical rape-ghost powers.

No, seriously.

Exalted has a bit of a... history... involving this kind of stuff, the game is made by White Wolf, the same developer who made Vampire. This prompted the "WTF D&D" guys to do an front-page article on the hosed up art in Exalted, which I guess is that 'front-page-hentai' thing in my redtext is referring to. Some folks got suuuuper defense about folks calling out their favorite game, and thus an angry red-text was born.

Here is a choice quote from one of the developers of the game, who had an account here and tried to defend the content.

Exalted: "It's not hold you down and stick it in, rape!"

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 24, 2015

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Magres posted:

The best episode of DBZ is the one where they get sweaty and grunt a lot

Tell me you have some of those essays and videos and please post them

Go look at the GOKU thread in the PGS. They even have a video of someone eating the mayo. It's disturbing and hilarious.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

axelsoar posted:

So, Exalted is a tabletop game like D&D that is all about crazy over-the-top demigods doing Greek tragedy stuff plus wuxia and anime. The 3rd edition is coming out Soon* (about 2 years behind the first date given at this point) and updates have been sparse. One of the few updates we got a while back was the update for the Abyssals, think super vampire-zombie-deathknights that want to end the world, except the ones that don't. The problem was, the update was like, super gross. It gave your character magical rape-ghost powers.

No, seriously.

Exalted has a bit of a... history... involving this kind of stuff, the game is made by White Wolf, the same developer who made Vampire. This prompted the "WTF D&D" guys to do an front-page article on the hosed up art in Exalted, which I guess is that 'front-page-hentai' thing in my redtext is referring to. Some folks got suuuuper defense about folks calling out their favorite game, and thus an angry red-text was born.

Here is a choice quote from one of the developers of the game, who had an account here and tried to defend the content.

Exalted: "It's not hold you down and stick it in, rape!"

Definitely a good one.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Dabir posted:

Definitely a good one.

Oh, and the avatar was from that too, I had a Megaman avatar before that, though the joke is on them because I love bad box-art Megaman.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Gaghskull posted:

Go look at the GOKU thread in the PGS. They even have a video of someone eating the mayo. It's disturbing and hilarious.

Man, how desperate to you have to be in order to actually take the mayo option instead of doing something cool and good like the fusion dance.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

Man, how desperate to you have to be in order to actually take the mayo option instead of doing something cool and good like the fusion dance.

Doing the fusion dance alone because you have no friends is only slightly less embarrassing than eating a jar of mayo

GOKU has a pretty cool grief history, countless posts are made every day on reddit/forums complaining about some dumb cheese tactic or how we're assholes in /yell. In reality we usually win legit, but being good at the game while being less serious than other people makes them mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH6ZJ239PvU
Here's a video from almost a year ago back when SOE paid streamers to play Planetside for a weekend. Angry Joe (bad youtube reviewer) and 300 of his fans hop into the game. Unfortunately they picked another faction on our server and told everyone weeks ahead of time. We were camped them into spawn points for a day straight. I can't find the archived twitch stream anymore, but sure enough we got Joe to complain about "loving GOKU" to thousands of his fans.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Mortimer posted:

Doing the fusion dance alone because you have no friends is only slightly less embarrassing than eating a jar of mayo

GOKU has a pretty cool grief history, countless posts are made every day on reddit/forums complaining about some dumb cheese tactic or how we're assholes in /yell. In reality we usually win legit, but being good at the game while being less serious than other people makes them mad.

Here's a video from almost a year ago back when SOE paid streamers to play Planetside for a weekend. Angry Joe (bad youtube reviewer) and 300 of his fans hop into the game. Unfortunately they picked another faction on our server and told everyone weeks ahead of time. We were camped them into spawn points for a day straight. I can't find the archived twitch stream anymore, but sure enough we got Joe to complain about "loving GOKU" to thousands of his fans.

I haven't played planetside since the GOON schism that sent most everyone over to GOKU, but I remember when we created an alternate outfit on a different serve using the gimmick of racist stereotype indian names to swarm some developers who were streaming their gameplay. It resulted in one of them tiredly exclaiming on stream that "I just got killed by someone named hung like horse."

"Free blankets" was the best name I remember from that though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Is... is that just dozens of lashers spamming a doorway and obliterating everyone that goes near it?

It's beautiful

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I read the wikipedia page after I saw the fusion dance and I still do not understand. What is dragonballZ? It looks like it's just some Japanese guy who gets really angry and fights things. I thought animes were supposed to be artsy colors of ennui poo poo. Is the entire show about a guy with hair gets angry and fights?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

DreadLlama posted:

I read the wikipedia page after I saw the fusion dance and I still do not understand. What is dragonballZ? It looks like it's just some Japanese guy who gets really angry and fights things. I thought animes were supposed to be artsy colors of ennui poo poo. Is the entire show about a guy with hair gets angry and fights?

lol

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

DreadLlama posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsby9f5RVN8

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lasher spam was and is a good time.

I remember when I came in to the new Lasher animation :eyepop:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Or, to put it more simply:

Did they seriously get rid of this emoticon? I couldn't find it on the list page.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

axelsoar posted:

This prompted the "WTF D&D" guys to do an front-page article on the hosed up art in Exalted, which I guess is that 'front-page-hentai' thing in my redtext is referring to.

I would think that it was referring to the actual hentai reviews that used to get posted to the SA frontpage years ago. (It actually took some time to find them. I was wondering if they were taken down, but now they're listed under "Awful Anime" in the Reviews section.)

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Dick Burglar posted:

I would think that it was referring to the actual hentai reviews that used to get posted to the SA frontpage years ago. (It actually took some time to find them. I was wondering if they were taken down, but now they're listed under "Awful Anime" in the Reviews section.)

I doubt he was claiming goons were circling the wagon based on that, who knows though, dude had a bone to pick.

drat.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005

Before I watch the video, is it just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs X http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

e:
2:21: People masturbate to this, don't they?
2:41: yep

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 25, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DragonballZ is 90% yelling and monologues and 10% instant death

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DreadLlama posted:

No, it's about much more than that. Mostly they just talk about being angry and fighting or watching someone else fight. And then there's that really racist caricature who works for god or some poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

It's basically WWE

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

dbz shaped an entire generation of boys into sweaty neckbearded men, how can you even be a goon and not know what dbz is

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

DreadLlama posted:

It's like if there were no limits placed on how strong you could grow, but to access this power you need to scream a lot first. Also, you could shoot this strength out of your body in a totally non-sexual way.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Morglon posted:

No, it's about much more than that. Mostly they just talk about being angry and fighting or watching someone else fight. And then there's that really racist caricature who works for god or some poo poo.

Mr. Popo is the best but only if you watch dbz abridged

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6YxwOcg_A
and this is why Mr. Popo is the best.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mr8bkN_Nk

Or, if you prefer the unedited version,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA0ZHEwU2Q

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

dbz shaped an entire generation of boys into sweaty neckbearded men, how can you even be a goon and not know what dbz is

I joined in order to learn Martin Random's fecal lasagna recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I joined to get into and bring down Goonwaffe.

• Locked thread