Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

LingcodKilla posted:

It's almost like being extra-careful while driving 50 people around is a good thing.
I think it's a haz-mat requirement too.

If the right of way system, which feeds into the gates, is bum the railroads have a bigger a problem. But then right of way crashes are in the new enough to not trust it anyway. I don't know if it was actually in the driving code anywhere or if it was just the instructor's pet peeve but I remember in the classroom portion of drivers ed that the gates being up was not a replacement for verifying by sight and sound.

It makes the most sense as a blanket policy because of ungated crossings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

IndianaZoidberg posted:

The word "friend" is not what I would call him.

"Co-star"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

Dude bounced that truck back like a pro.

Remember if a trucks coming towards you, just stand your ground and they'll run away. Trucks are more scared of you then you are of them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

carrion kit posted:

ahahahaha i love that video, i posted it in one of the drone threads. he got manhandled by that girl for recording her with his drone at the beach and now he's putting a gun on it. looks like he's preparing for round 2.

He just got arrested for assaulting a police officer. The article doesn't say what started the incident.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-clinton-drone-teen-arrest-0724-20150723-story.html

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Oh, of course he turns out to be a "sovereign citizen". They make themselves very easy to spot when they start shouting magic words to make the police stand down.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FIRST TIME posted:

He just got arrested for assaulting a police officer. The article doesn't say what started the incident.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-clinton-drone-teen-arrest-0724-20150723-story.html

quote:

The sergeant directed the officers to release Haughwout out of fear that he would ram a police car, hit an officer or start another pursuit, according to the warrant. The officers were told to pursue charges through an arrest warrant affidavit.

Why the kid gloves treatment?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Why the kid gloves treatment?

He's white.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

-OW- indeed.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i am still amazed that nobody died in that

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

VectorSigma posted:

That video poker machine died.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ullerrm posted:

Ah, drat. The exact same thing has been happening here.

Haha I bet I know which one you mean, the rail line that goes over by Fred Meyer in Totem Lake?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Darkman Fanpage posted:

That video poker machine died.

I think that was one of those Deer Hunter games. You can see the orange plastic shotgun dangling to the right of dude at the end.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Code Jockey posted:

Haha I bet I know which one you mean, the rail line that goes over by Fred Meyer in Totem Lake?

Or the rail line that goes over by Fred Meyer in Ballard?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Trains are basically mile-long maiming and killing machines.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Statistics
Trains 1
Deaths 7
Injuries 21

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

VectorSigma posted:

Fat people have crumple zones. The real fat privilage.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FrozenVent posted:

Trains are basically mile-long maiming and killing machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpD06P7kiI

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
On my way to work today I passed the scene of an accident and got rear-ended at around 30mph at a red light by a guy looking at said scene and not paying attention.

There were like three cops and a loving fire truck on us in like 30 seconds since they were right there, it was wicked overkill.

My tiny '09 Chevy Aveo suffered a hosed up bumper while his Mitsubishi Eclipse was pretty much totaled. His insurance is gonna cover all the damage to my car plus a rental while its in the shop so whatever, I'm just glad the cop didn't notice I'm overdue for my inspection.

salty fries make me cry fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 24, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

VectorSigma posted:

I have definitely used commercial lawn equipment to which this applies. Namely, a Scag walk-behind with a Velke wheel attachment. You have to be confident and almost sort of hang loose and not manhandle it, or it will throw you off like a bucking bronco.
Also, floor scrubbers/polishers. The spinning pad ones. When I was learning to use them back in my janitor days, it was very much a matter of gently guiding the thing while still controlling it, rather than trying to force it. Try to force it, it'll spin away and sit there spinning around and around until you unplug it.

I was pretty good at it. One of my coworkers was not.

In less replying to old posts, my dad has no toenail on a couple toes on his right foot. He was mowing the lawn and slipped! Foot went under the mower. The cutoff bar saved his foot--and his life--by stopping the mower before it chewed him up more. My mom drove him to the hospital with his foot propped up on the dashboard. At one point the doctor's nurse just... disappeared, so the doctor recruited my grandmother--who used to be a nurse--to step in!

My dad and I always wear steel toed boots to mow now.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 24, 2015

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Turns out the safest place to be seated in a car is on top of the bonnet.

Who knew.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

Oh lord, I am so glad nobody died. Because that little glance over the shoulder from the bald guy at the end like, "I-is someone there?" made me burst out laughing.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Esser-Z posted:

Also, floor scrubbers/polishers. The spinning pad ones. When I was learning to use them back in my janitor days, it was very much a matter of gently guiding the thing while still controlling it, rather than trying to force it. Try to force it, it'll spin away and sit there spinning around and around until you unplug it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvxOuC7Bhc

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

I swear there was another video of the same circumstance posted in this thread 4-5 months ago which was different from this incident.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

When I was like 13 or 14, I'd be hanging out with my buddy and his mom would ask us to mow the lawn. We got this brilliant idea to tip the lawnmower up and throw sticks, old dolls (he was oldest brother), and whatever other random poo poo you find in the backyard at the blades. Looking back, I'm surprised I still have depth perception.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

And much like in that video, the cutoffs were... less than functional. God, I love that video.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2o4udECQ8

Guy gets busted for driving a scissor lift down a road while drinking a beer on his way back to work.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

jetz0r posted:

Guy gets busted for driving a scissor lift down a road while drinking a beer on his way back to work.
He might have actually made it to work if he didn't act like a five year old in front of the police. Good work, citizen.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

jetz0r posted:

this steve fella sure gets a lot of DUIs in funny ways

http://iknowmyrights.com/videos/

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

jetz0r posted:

Guy as a lot of great videos on his youtube, they use a drone to fake a helicopter chase for one of them.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I know I shouldn't be surprised that you can turn being retarded into a brand, but come on!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Cheez posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised that you can turn being retarded into a brand, but come on!

Oh it is very doable these days

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Cheez posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ugh this one always makes me clench

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat that must have been a good show

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Looks like the fence did it's job.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I am trying to find information an accident at a power plant I've only heard described as "Marietta 5" or "Marietta Unit 5".

Basically they had a turbine and a generator, and a short circuit occurred - I'm not sure if it was near the generator or elsewhere in the power system. But so much torque was developed in the generator it tore off its base and crushed a worker who was unlucky enough to be standing nearby. (I assume that the coupling between the turbine and generator held for too long before snapping, so that probably contributed to the torque developed that tore the generator off its concrete base pad.)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Someone was killed by a monster truck show accident last year in the Netherlands. There should be a deep ditch between them and the crowd for safety. Just like with dangerous animals at the zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

In classic Say Nothing style, this is one where nobody died.

For those that don't give a gently caress, there's this :nms:

• Locked thread