Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Echophonic posted:

Man, I've had pretty sick luck with pulls in DBZ Doki Doki Panic, managed to put together some pretty fun teams. Probably spent more than I should have on pulls, but oh well, I'll get my money's worth with how much I'm messing with it. The team-building is pretty cool.

My main team is Saiyans/Ginyu/a robot featuring the event SR Vegeta, the R Pilaf Fusion Machine the SR Burter (AGI), Recoome (PHY), Nappa(TEQ) and the R Jeice (STR). Jeice is REALLY good Z-Awakened. +1000 attack if he goes first and even better if I get Burter to go first. Tough as Nails and Brutal Beatdown tie Nappa and the Pilaf Robot in with the Ginyu guys. Almost any set of 3 here has good links. I wish the SR AGI Goku I had fit in better, but he has no Saiyan links, so he's basically stuck on Z-Warrior teams, which is lame

I also built a respectable World Tournament Reborn team. This is led by a R AGI Videl that I Z-Awakened, with the Z-Awakened N Hercule (INT), Jewel (TEQ), Killa (STR), and Pintar (AGI). Also that PHY Recoome because I needed a PHY guy and why not Recoome? Z-Awakening's type modifications cover a lot of the gap left by these guys being mostly R*.

People are going to cry if you post about that here, join us in our Anime subforum cave where we can be DBZ nerds together: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah dude. That poo poo is for kids. This thread is for posting a bunch of tired screenshots of bears saying dirty things.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

New Leaf posted:

People are going to cry if you post about that here, join us in our Anime subforum cave where we can be DBZ nerds together: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Chinook posted:

Yeah dude. That poo poo is for kids. This thread is for posting a bunch of tired screenshots of bears saying dirty things.

Personally I don't mind scrolling past :mordin: about DBZ Game Strategy, it's when people post literally just "here's my friend code", at a certain point it just makes sense to make a thread for it. It's not like SA has an upper limit on threads or something.

At least Alphabear screenshots have the potential to be funny

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It's best to make a google doc for the codes - that's what was done with Pocket Miner 2, and it worked out really well for everyone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morpheus posted:

It's best to make a google doc for the codes - that's what was done with Pocket Miner 2, and it worked out really well for everyone.

Yeah, same with the Tiny Towers, and pretty much anything NimbleBit does. Yay Google Docs :toot:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Chinook posted:

I try and post about more game-y arcade style games!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I finally caught up to the end of TwoDots. They'd been adding expansions at such a clip that I never had the end in sight before. It can be frustrating at times, but it's a great toilet game and I recommend everyone try it. I've gotten through to the end without using any IAPs. The daily quests to get powerups are trivially easy and you can hoard them for the really bitchingly hard levels, although there are around 25 levels so far where I genuinely felt that I was just stuck waiting for the RNG to give me dots that made the board finishable.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

there are around 25 levels so far where I genuinely felt that I was just stuck waiting for the RNG to give me dots that made the board finishable.

This completely killed the game for me, same with Candy Crush. I prefer puzzle games where it is possible for me to complete the puzzle.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Disappointed that Marvel Pinball completely crashed my tablet. I thought it would be the perfect tablet game! Got my 49 cents back, I tell you what.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Wendell posted:

Disappointed that Marvel Pinball completely crashed my tablet. I thought it would be the perfect tablet game! Got my 49 cents back, I tell you what.

I wasn't impressed with it. I found it too hard to track the ball, especially with the score pop ups. I am probably just getting old.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bethesda has announced that Fallout Shelter is coming out on August 13, so mark that down in your Google Calendar I guess.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Bethesda has announced that Fallout Shelter is coming out on August 13, so mark that down in your Google Calendar I guess.

You joke, but I did exactly that.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Haerc posted:

Totes calling in sick.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

mrkillboy posted:

Played enough of it on my wife's ipad that I've completely lost interest at this point. Honestly didn't find it that compelling and I played the ever loving snot out of tiny tower.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rastor posted:

This completely killed the game for me, same with Candy Crush. I prefer puzzle games where it is possible for me to complete the puzzle.

Eh, when there's nearly 400 levels and I only play know the shitter, it isn't such a big deal for me.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Haerc posted:

I figure I'll know when this thread gets 1000 new posts in a day.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So questions... any good (and preferably low file size) RPGs out lately? I just beat Dead ly Dungeons and QuesatLord (and if you consider it an RPG: YMBB)

Getting a bit tired of the Summoner Wars Grind...

*Sigh* And I miss the old school id Software RPGs

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

What? Were Commander Keen and Wolfenstein RPGS and I completely missed something?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

big mean giraffe posted:

What? Were Commander Keen and Wolfenstein RPGS and I completely missed something?

Doom and Wolfenstein had mobile RPG versions back before the smart phone era.

vvvv: Right, Android thread though.

Malek fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 25, 2015

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
They released Doom/Doom 2 RPG for iOS years ago.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
A commander keen port for Android would be pretty great though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Security guard simulator Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vykk.Draygo posted:

A commander keen port for Android would be pretty great though.

Those games really don't hold up well, honestly.

I would love to see the Kroz games on Android though.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

So questions... any good (and preferably low file size) RPGs out lately? I just beat Dead ly Dungeons and QuesatLord (and if you consider it an RPG: YMBB)

Getting a bit tired of the Summoner Wars Grind...

Definitely not low-size (although I don't know the exact file size), but Final Fantasy Tactics?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

Security guard simulator Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is out.

This time it's a child simulator, which is more fitting, really.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Ragequit posted:

Definitely not low-size (although I don't know the exact file size), but Final Fantasy Tactics?

Played the hell out of this on the PS1 WAY back in the day and got stuck with... I think the encounter with Baphomet? When it has the main character go against him one on one to begin with. Never picked it up again past that point.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Malek posted:

Played the hell out of this on the PS1 WAY back in the day and got stuck with... I think the encounter with Baphomet? When it has the main character go against him one on one to begin with. Never picked it up again past that point.

Velius/Belias! That's too bad, the difficulty curve is all downhill from there.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Malek posted:

A lot of people quit there but that was one of the worst game designs in history of game.

It is the first multiple rounds fights. So you save over your only save file and thus create a point of no return without realizing it. Then the fight is a forced one on one fight with a fairly difficult boss. And you have to use Ramaz. Most people lost something like 15 hours of game play because of that. It was so stupid.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Malek posted:

If it makes you feel any better, with about an hour's worth of grinding/exploiting mechanics you can have Ramza just one-shot that guy before he even gets a turn.

FFT is a fun game to break. It's even worse than the bullshit you could pull in the old Baldur's Gate games.

e: I think I did it with a max bravery squiremonk thing and just dickpunched him for 900x2 damage. It's been a few years though, so I don't really remember. My character might not have been -that- far along at that point.

e2: The calculator classes were outright obscene if you had them leveled right. You could hit most monsters on the map with endgame spells from literally anywhere.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 25, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Marxalot posted:

If it makes you feel any better, with about an hour's worth of grinding/exploiting mechanics you can have Ramza just one-shot that guy before he even gets a turn.

FFT is a fun game to break.

FFT is similar FF8 in that way. If you know the mechanics, then you can break the game in the first hour. If not then you are really going to struggle. There isn't much room in the middle ground.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you're interested in breaking FFT, check out Orange Fluffy Sheep's LP.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I played FFT through at least 2 times on PS1, and twice when it was ported to PSP. I don't know what it is, but I love that game. I am afraid if I had it on my tablet I would be sucked right back in.

...but it has been over 5 years since I played it from the beginning.

If you do want a similar game, you might try out the Inotia series (I've only played 3). It was my first 'real' android game and I was blown away at it's depth, especially for being a free game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dr.Caligari posted:

I played FFT through at least 2 times on PS1, and twice when it was ported to PSP. I don't know what it is, but I love that game. I am afraid if I had it on my tablet I would be sucked right back in.

...but it has been over 5 years since I played it from the beginning.

If you do want a similar game, you might try out the Inotia series (I've only played 3). It was my first 'real' android game and I was blown away at it's depth, especially for being a free game.

Why the hell would you recommend an action rpg as being similar to a tactics rpg?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Hey Gem Bros I'll be offline for the next week on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Kick me if you need space, but I will be back. Unless the boat sinks!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Android port of Valiant Hearts is on sale. How is it compared to its PC and console versions?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
The summer sale in the UK sucks. Literally nothing stands out on there and it certainly doesn't have Monument Valley or Hitman Go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000a19_greatsale_premium_fop_game

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dpack_1 posted:

The summer sale in the UK sucks. Literally nothing stands out on there and it certainly doesn't have Monument Valley or Hitman Go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000a19_greatsale_premium_fop_game

Viewing from the US, there are games on that page that have no discount at all. Something is weird.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The sale is geographically segmented. A lot of games that have sales in the US are not on sale in the EU.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've gotten like 4 surveys in the past 24 hours about my career and stores I've been to. Might want to keep an eye on your app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Anyone tried the Adventure Time Puzzle Quest? The actual puzzling seems to go so much faster, gems drop quickly, swap quickly. Almost too quickly since its super sensitive and sometimes does moves you dont want to do. I was enjoying it because they didnt do the annoying "give AI a turn on the board" poo poo I generally dislike since it invalidates any planning ahead. Then I pulled their slot machine and realized they're using the same lovely IAP model from Marvel PQ. Seriously one of the worst and most punitive IAP models out there. gently caress this industry.