Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We have a whole mess of slots opened up in the guild. Pm thease shitlords in game for an invite. Please be at or above 2050 Prestige. It also helps to check if the commanders that you are sending messages to are online by unchecking the offline mark in the social menu when searching their name.

Irate Drinkfist
Literal Fetish
Storm Gale
Josephine Smith
Gregor Eisenhorn
Lewtt Gingrich
Erich Zann
Mecha Shiva
Korben Dallas

You can also pop into mumble with the rest of us and ask for an invite for a more expedited and easier process. Mumble info is in the OP.

The following picture is of people we are monitoring that are below 3000 Prestige and have been in the guild for a while now. There is no way of tracking if thease people have quit the game other than tracking their Prestige numbers the old fashion way of screenshots. I will be checking thease numbers with this picture on Wednesdayish and if they haven't moved at all Ill assume they died and will throw them out of the guild to make room for the clawing unclean ones at my doorstep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Is there a consensus yet on which of the 3 starters is the best jumping off point to get to the mid/higher tier guys?

I won a founder's pack from a tth contest a while back so I have gunner and zerker unlocked also I guess?

I'm literally incapable of making my own decisions and rely on other people that have done it before to assist me.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lux Aeterna posted:

Is there a consensus yet on which of the 3 starters is the best jumping off point to get to the mid/higher tier guys?

I won a founder's pack from a tth contest a while back so I have gunner and zerker unlocked also I guess?

I'm literally incapable of making my own decisions and rely on other people that have done it before to assist me.

Do you want to spin and hit things? Pick Zerker.

Do you want a big loving laser gun? Pick Gunner

Do you want things to hit you and never die? Pick Paladin.

Do you want to make other people hit really hard? Pick Lightbinder.

Do you hate fun? Pick Cryomancer.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

It also helps to check if the commanders that you are sending messages to are online by unchecking the offline mark in the social menu when searching their name.

because russiagame cannot design UI for poo poo, when you start searching for a name the offline checkbox defaults back to on and cannot be unchecked

try it and you'll see.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Also does this video have any merit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzAywW1Qb2o

tl;dw: don't overinflate prestige for the sake of inflating prestige? pick stats that help you do damage relative to secondary stats that make the game think you're more powerful than you are?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Lux Aeterna posted:

tl;dw: don't overinflate prestige for the sake of inflating prestige? pick stats that help you do damage relative to secondary stats that make the game think you're more powerful than you are?

fwiw i did naori island with my prestige "inflated" and had no problems as a cryomancer. i really only felt my damage lacking when i was around 10k prestige then the cap rolled and i got more proficiency and that problem went away

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon King posted:

I'll post it sometime in the future.

You're being an obtuse dipstick.

The "weird" thing you're doing is changing 2 lines in the CFG file and then adding the various CVARS to your CFG. I just wanted to see what CVARS you're using to see if I'm missing any good ones and to see what values you have some of them set to. So post that drat CFG already.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Stanley Pain posted:

The "weird" thing you're doing is changing 2 lines in the CFG file and then adding the various CVARS to your CFG. I just wanted to see what CVARS you're using to see if I'm missing any good ones and to see what values you have some of them set to. So post that drat CFG already.

Its not a single config. I have 9 cfg files each with various settings and several changes to the main account GFX config.
On top of that I'm working on shadow atlas size to see if I can get it operating correctly and some other cvars I'm also toying with.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 25, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon King posted:

Its not a single config. I have 9 cfg files each with various settings and several changes to the main account GFX config.
On top of that I'm working on shadow atlas size to see if I can get it operating correctly and some other cvars I'm also toying with.

I still don't see any files being posted :colbert:

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Lux Aeterna posted:

He goes up to some mobs and attacks them, then gets one-shot, and somehow thinks building less survivability and more damage will solve that problem?

1) According to the Reddit people who are overthinking this, Strength is only worth twice as much as might if you have capped Accuracy (100% including the Ultimate Strength symbol). The difference is negligible around Naori Island.
2) There are mobs who aren't designed to be one-shot who will still gently caress you up if you don't have a commensurate amount of stamina. Milene Caves is the open area after Naori Island and it ramps up the damage in the later half as well, except some of those mobs are 4-bar minibosses. I'm pretty sure it really is just a difficulty spike.
3) He could have one-shot those mobs at his current level anyway by using icy comet (3) + freezing gale (hold left click).

You can access the superhero network from any respawn point in open areas, so just go do some dungeons and gear up a little.

There's not much that directly scales to your prestige - maybe pvp (which is a mess anyway) and Nedder test area (which, half of the tasks don't even involve combat - the only one you might have trouble with is the 5-wave arena, so just avoid that one) so even if you are 'weaker', having a higher prestige just means you'll have access to harder content sooner. You can still down-rank your dungeons, and open areas aren't going anywhere.

Of course, it is good to equip whatever item will give you the best stats regardless of prestige - I am using a blue off-hand with 112% Whiteout damage that's a few prestige points below my highest-level one, for example, and I have been building accuracy so I prioritize Strength over Spirit - but I keep the highest-prestige ones on-hand so I can get into dungeons that are out of my league and still beat them (despite dying a lot) by using my skills correctly.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 25, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
how does that thing that we're building work

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

When does the day reset for purposes of things like picking up gifts from our followers?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
You can remove Ryza Telemnar from the pantheon, I'm playing on EU now due to better ping and shorter queues

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
So looking at that linked gallery of the class mastery costumes... Do female characters just not get helmets/head items? On my Slayer for instance if I've got it set to show the class helmet, it doesn't show up... unless I mount in which case it does. Can only assume that's a bug.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

walruscat posted:

When does the day reset for purposes of things like picking up gifts from our followers?

Converts our money into cocaine and assassins.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

walruscat posted:

Gifts are every 24 hours, not based on the daily reset. New adepts show up at midnight EDT (06:00 CEST), which is when the next day starts for any applicable rewards/caps.

Arthil posted:

So looking at that linked gallery of the class mastery costumes... Do female characters just not get helmets/head items? On my Slayer for instance if I've got it set to show the class helmet, it doesn't show up... unless I mount in which case it does. Can only assume that's a bug.

There are all sorts of bugs associated with class headwear in this game. On my (male) Slayer, mounting actually removes his ninja mask. In any case, none of the mastery costumes come with new headwear. In those screenshots the only ones that are wearing class headwear are the (F) Alchemist and Witch.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

walruscat posted:

In my experience, every time you enter the Hall of Greatness.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Game looks interesting. I'll pick it up. At least it's not internet tanks or minecraft.

Pesayeth
Feb 28, 2015
I'm travelling over the next few days, but I'll probably be tossing out an invite request to the guild once I get settled middle of next week.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Not just the headwear. When I mount up, my special fancy secondary Cryomancer costume turns into a regular noob suit.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I have an idiot friend telling me to play this with them but I'm still happy playing FFXIV. Is there anyone in here that also plays FFXIV and likes it that can explain to me why I'd want tot ry this and why it's not just the next hyped up F2P schlock?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Hm. I'm tryin to message people online to join the guild but the search is being weird.

I uncheck the 'Show Offline' Box, but the moment I try to type anything it it checks itself back on and greys out so I can't uncheck it again.

Verranicus posted:

So I have an idiot friend telling me to play this with them but I'm still happy playing FFXIV. Is there anyone in here that also plays FFXIV and likes it that can explain to me why I'd want tot ry this and why it's not just the next hyped up F2P schlock?

It's funner and has an FFX style Sphere Grid system for it's classes/abilities.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

This game is fun, grindey, confusing, pretty, free, confusing, different, obtuse, and confusing.

It will feel like you're playing FFXIV before ARR, only +fun.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Verranicus posted:

So he's telling you to not play Final Fantasy and he's the idiot.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lux Aeterna posted:

*snip because this video is all over this page already*

It's not really a problem. Or I should say it's not a problem for people who don't sperg ridiculously hard and just go along on their merry way to finishing story/unlocking classes and filling out their favorite class's atlas.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

This method doesn't overwrite shadow_quality_#.cfg and won't get overwritten by the patch.

Save this under .\Mygames\skyforge_mycom\Profiles\GFX\
Then open \personal\GFX-#####.cfg and set slider_shadow_quality to the value of the cfg you saved.
You need to do this to each options cvar which has a cfg file.

shadow_quality_5.cfg
code:
gfx_enable_high_quality_shadows = 1

gfx_foliage_shadow = 1
gfx_foliage_shadow_distance = 256
gfx_foliage_spot_shadow = 1
gfx_shadow_cascade0 = 3
gfx_shadow_cascade1 = 9
gfx_shadow_cascade2 = 27
gfx_shadow_cascade3 = 128
gfx_shadow_cascade4 = 5120
gfx_shadow_cascades = 5
gfx_shadows_resolution_modifier = 4
perf_render_shadows = 1

gfx_shadow_spot_focused = 1

gfx_shadow_deferred_blur_quality = 3
gfx_shadow_deferred_blur_max_depth_diff = 5

gfx_shadow_pcf_mult = 5
gfx_shadow_bias0 = 0.33
gfx_shadow_bias1 = 0.33
gfx_shadow_bias2 = 0.33
gfx_shadow_bias3 = 0.55
gfx_shadow_bias4 = 0.66
gfx_shadow_bias5 = 0.77
gfx_shadow_bias6 = 0.88
gfx_shadow_bias_foliage = 0.1

gfx_shadow_res = 8096
gfx_shadow_atlas_width = 8096
gfx_shadow_atlas_height = 8096

gfx_full_precision_depth = 1

gfx_fade_enable = 1
gfx_pixel_picker_enable = 1

gfx_raycastcomponent_trace_count = 900
Still testing alot of the settings found in this cfg.

foliage_detail_5.cfg
code:
gfx_foliage_distance = 256
texture_detail_3.cfg
code:
gfx_base_lod = 0
gfx_texture_mip = -1
gfx_gpu_texture_limit = 1536
animation_quality_2.cfg
code:
animation_lod_dist_mul = 5
animation_update_ratio = 2
geometry_detail_5.cfg
code:
gfx_geom_cutoff_dist_mul = 10
gfx_geom_lod_dist_mul = 5
gfx_map_detail_objects_raduis = 1536
gfx_map_detail_terrain_raduis = 3072
gfx_map_load_raduis = 3072
gfx_ultra_low = 0
recommended_mixed_resolution_4.cfg
code:
preset_mixed_resolution_pixels = 200000000

gfx_clouds_hdr = 1
gfx_hi_quality = 1
gfx_texture_mip = 0
gfx_base_lod = 0
gfx_gi_realtime = 1

autolod_geometry = 0
autolod_animation = 0
fx_detail_3.cfg
code:
effect_cache_size = 450
gfx_cloud_density = 1
gfx_max_particles_count = 16384

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 26, 2015

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Verranicus posted:

This game has far better DPS meters, and when the next patch hits they will be always on for group content.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Morglon posted:

So he's telling you to not play Final Fantasy and he's the idiot.

I'm sorry I forgot asking the goon MMO locust swarm for an unbiased opinion on "new game of the month" was asking for trouble. Reminds me of the Archeage thread when it was new.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
This has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with Final Fantasy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Verranicus posted:

I'm sorry I forgot asking the goon MMO locust swarm for an unbiased opinion on "new game of the month" was asking for trouble. Reminds me of the Archeage thread when it was new.

why is someone covering up pedophillia

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BenRGamer posted:

Hm. I'm tryin to message people online to join the guild but the search is being weird.

Presuming you're 2050+, whisper Erich Zann and I will invite you. We have 2 slots atm.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

why is someone covering up pedophillia

Wow, never thought you would be so ageist grithok. It was clearly Hebephilia in the archeage thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anal Papist posted:

Wow, never thought you would be so ageist grithok. It was clearly Hebephilia in the archeage thread.

You can just call them Jews you racist.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I'd say FFXIV is better but this is a change of pace. Try it out for a bit, you can always go back.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Necromancers do good damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBpa4KrmTw

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So how do I PM one of you nerds to lemme into the the guild?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Use the social screen (default: Y).

The guild is full, though. More slots should open up on Wednesday.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
You mean I have to deal with pubbies until then!? R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAGE QUIT!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon King posted:

Awesome Stuff

I love you! :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

I love you! :bigtran:

Not like he had any choice in the matter. You were inches from threatening him with death for the past few days for that poo poo.

Stanley Pain posted:

Post this info please and thank you ;)

Stanley Pain posted:

Why are you not posting the CFG maaaan..

Stanley Pain posted:

I still don't see any files being posted :colbert:

Stanley Pain posted:

I am not taking the effort of injecting configs and lines just to get a game that already looks good to look better. Not to mention that one patch has the chance to rewrite all that poo poo.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 26, 2015

• Locked thread