Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wario's lines were writen better in this ad and make him more like a real human and fun uncle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwCc7fmPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jarogue posted:

It really more like, who ever wrote those lines was a rear end in a top hat. If they had tone down the "Super Duper" lines it would have been fine.

It was probably Charles Martinet (or whatever his name is) himself who fluffed it up with Mario-isms. He did something like this during an E3 back in the 90s where the computer Mario head talked to random people.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rest in peace captain lou albano

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

13 minutes of SMM

I like how it yells what you pick at you. BLAPPER

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cliff Racer posted:

It was probably Charles Martinet (or whatever his name is) himself who fluffed it up with Mario-isms. He did something like this during an E3 back in the 90s where the computer Mario head talked to random people.

He does that every E3 and it's awful.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Overemotional Robot posted:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Mario's voice and how it doesn't have good range. Well, we were just at Target and were looking at amiibo when my daughter says, "that's not his voice, that's not his voice!" I was confused and said, yeah, that's the way he always sounds. I thought she was just being weird, but then she said, "no, like on the show!" I then realized she was talking about the Super Show.

She's three and already Captain Lou's voice is more authentic to her despite her hearing the new voice in the games and stuff.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with the current Mario and Luigi voices, but the Super Show voices fit a couple of old fat plumbers better than the current eunuch voice.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

But without doing it for Nintendo he sounds better
https://vine.co/v/ML2nB7thDB6
https://vine.co/v/MLeTApJA2Y3
https://vine.co/v/MLZFvaK1x5u
https://vine.co/v/MLZdle0OdmX

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Jarogue posted:

What?

I wonder if she would like the Zelda and Sonic cartoons.

It's from the opening theme. It says "you'll be hooked on the brothas the brothas the brothas..." The three raps she loves: Mario Rap from this show, TMNT opening, and inexplicably, The D.K. Rap.

She loves the little ads for the Zelda cartoon but unfortunately they aren't on Netflix. Might get her the DVDs for her birthday, but usually we stay with streaming for convenience and anti-clutter. She loves Wind Waker.

BattleMaster posted:

I don't really think there's anything wrong with the current Mario and Luigi voices, but the Super Show voices fit a couple of old fat plumbers better than the current eunuch voice.

Yeah, I don't hate the new one but I love the fat plumber voice the best. Less grating on the ears.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 26, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

13 minutes of SMM

The autotuned part names is awesome, could get tedious and also that player is the worst designer ever.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The three raps she loves: Mario Rap from this show, TMNT opening, and inexplicably, The D.K. Rap.
At least both of us can agree on something. She better like the Pokerap.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

13 minutes of SMM

Digging the remixed music in this

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The used game market in the US is hosed because no one sells used games except Gamestop but once Gamestop sold used games, they further hosed up the used game market.

e: retro used games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

The used game market in the US is hosed because no one sells used games except Gamestop but once Gamestop sold used games, they further hosed up the used game market.

Also nerd retailers can look up ebay prices and then mark their retro stuff up beyond those prices. CONVENIENCE TAX

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Jarogue posted:

At least both of us can agree on something. She better like the Pokerap.

She actually does not care for Pokémon beyond watching me play Omega Ruby from time to time. No idea why she gets a kick out of fat Italian plumbers but hates cute little animals pitted in direst battle. This a girl that loves the color pink, yet her favorite game character is Donkey Kong. She is a walking contradiction.

noirstronaut posted:

I noticed that it wasn't until collectors starting spitting out their prices as gospel truth on their YouTube channels that buying old games really became a pain.

I can't wait until GameStop starts marking up even the shittiest of SNES games just because they're SNES games.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 26, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

She actually does not care for Pokémon beyond watching me play Omega Ruby from time to time. No idea why she gets a kick out of fat Italian plumbers but hates cute little animals pitted in direst battle. This a girl that loves the color pink, yet her favorite game character is Donkey Kong. She is a walking contradiction.

Does she know about Princess Daisy Kong

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

This a girl that loves the color pink, yet her favorite game character is Donkey Kong. She is a walking contradiction.

problem officer ??

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
The good news is that all of the Legend of Zelda cartoons are on YouTube right now in the year of our Lord 2015.

The bad news is that Link is a rapist. Seriously. Go watch the cartoon and report back. If you get any other impression, it's because you're a redditor.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
doesn't reddit really like rape like one of their things is making rapists feel okay

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

doesn't reddit really like rape like one of their things is making rapists feel okay

:thejoke:

HMC
May 18, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

13 minutes of SMM

Happy to be vindicated in pronouncing Lakitu as "LOCK-uh-TOO" all these years

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I noticed that it wasn't until collectors starting spitting out their prices as gospel truth on their YouTube channels that buying old games really became a pain.

I can't wait until GameStop starts marking up even the shittiest of SNES games just because they're SNES games.
And then video game companies re release them digitally for cheap. Still wondering if I should sell this copy of Misadventure of Tron Bonne that I got at a garage sale for a buck and used some of the money to buy the PSN ver.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jarogue posted:

And then video game companies re release them digitally for cheap. Still wondering if I should sell this copy of Misadventure of Tron Bonne that I got at a garage sale for a buck and used some of the money to buy the PSN ver.

They still haven't released that in the PAL region's PSN. :negative:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, if you're not into refurbs then this is a decent deal: 32GB Mario 3D World/Nintendo Land or Splatoon/Nintendo Land console bundles plus a Pro Controller and gamepad carry case (?) for $300 shipped:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...4&skuId=8569008

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-wii-u-32gb-console-splatoon-special-edition-bundle-black/6327118.p?id=1219661390641&skuId=6327118

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The SNES market is so hosed.

SFC games are dirt cheap because shops in Japan have these games in high abundance and local sellers (or ebay people) need to move product online for cheaper since people can just scoot 5 miles downtown to get the game they want.

SNES used games are more expensive because even games everyone has are rare or uncommon to find because no one except mom and pop shops *might* have them. Chrono Trigger is a semi-good example of this. People didn't care until the SNES was a bit gone, however. Same goes for Earthbound.

However, GS selling SM World for $25 raised the ebay prices from around $15 to around $25 because Gamestop is online too and changed the going rate for the game to be higher than its average beforehand.

Luckily, the SNES/SFC era didn't have a lot of text reliant games outside of RPGs, so I can really take advantage of getting Yoshi's Island for $12 dollars.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bean posted:

The good news is that all of the Legend of Zelda cartoons are on YouTube right now in the year of our Lord 2015.

The bad news is that Link is a rapist. Seriously. Go watch the cartoon and report back. If you get any other impression, it's because you're a redditor.

Is he just a creep who seems like he would be one or does he actually do this in a children's tv show?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

greatn posted:

Is he just a creep who seems like he would be one or does he actually do this in a children's tv show?

"Oh boy! Smooching time!"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like it's time to sell Chrono Trigger. I'll probably never finish it again anyway

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Trent posted:

Looks like it's time to sell Chrono Trigger. I'll probably never finish it again anyway

Sell it to me for half its going rate

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, no.

not sorry

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Sell it to me for half its going rate

Why not just buy the DS ver.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I largely despise Yoshi titles but Mario world 2 is legitimately fantastic. Its a bit more collector-ey than mainstream mario titles, but the level design really cannot be topped.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jarogue posted:

Why not just buy the DS ver.

good plan

I think I might just buy SFC versions of games unless one of my friends will loan me some of his.

I can get World, Kart, All-Stars Yoshi's Island, Mario & Wario, and RPG for $50 and at that price I can just sell RPG, take it as a small loss and buy the English version.

e: Scratch that. RPG goes for many dollars.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

MARIO ALL STARS.

Goddamn folks. A lot of the mario maker nostalgia is lost on me because I was born in 1987 and grew up with a Super nintendo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
All Stars + World in the US alone goes for $45.

RPG goes for like $60 to $70. This is crazy.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

RPG goes for like $60 to $70. This is crazy.
Yeah my friend was made that I sold my cart copy of Super Mario RPG. I had no point to keep it since I could buy the VC and not have to worry about the battery save. Also be careful to not buy fakes.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I still have my SMRPG cart

and my original Harvest Moon cart, with the box and instructions :eyepop:

if I ever lose my job instead of selling my body I'll just sell harvest moon for like 700 bucks

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
My friend is letting me borrow real good games tomorrow. It's only if I play basketball and guess what I hate doing

Bitch, you guessed it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I have no sympathy for the idiot who didn't buy SMRPG when it came out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

I have no sympathy for the idiot who didn't buy SMRPG when it came out
I traded it for Chrono Trigger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut