Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

I watched CM Punk vs. John Cena to see what the hoopla was all about and it was just both guys doing some sloppy spots and then the entire arena making GBS threads on John Cena. Oh what is Cena's gimmick again because I think he's supposed to be some kind of skateboarder or wigger something?

2/5

The one where Punk busts out a piledriver is better. Easily adds a star just for that move alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

1st AD posted:

I watched CM Punk vs. John Cena to see what the hoopla was all about and it was just both guys doing some sloppy spots and then the entire arena making GBS threads on John Cena. Oh what is Cena's gimmick again because I think he's supposed to be some kind of skateboarder or wigger something?

2/5

dave meltzer gave that match 5 stars. you really had to watch it live to fully get the context

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, the match held up nowhere near that great when I rewatched it years later, but it was fantastic at the time for the angle, build, crowd reaction, and genuine unpredictability.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if you watch any punk match in wwe just watch punk/lesnar it's probably the best wwe match of the last few years, or at least up there in the top 3

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

1st AD posted:

2/5

I think you'll find that was punks best match in the last 4 years.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I think you'll find that was punks best match in the last 4 years.

it's a great moment during the time, but punk/lesnar and the final punk/cena match from that raw are the best two wwe matches in the last 4 years. the best match during his title reign was vs. daniel bryan at over the limit 2012

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I think most of the best matches the WWE has had the past few years featured Punk.

And the company fired him on his wedding, after taking time off to treat a giant flesh eating pimple in his rear end that was life threatening.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Qonas posted:

He could drop an offhanded comment about liking mustard and 5 minutes later this thread would be railing on him for dismissing ketchup.

He most likely does, being from Chicago and all.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Roman Reigns posted:

I think most of the best matches the WWE has had the past few years featured Punk.

And the company fired him on his wedding, after taking time off to treat a giant flesh eating pimple in his rear end that was life threatening.

Then they made a Zapruder film to try and disprove said flesh eating pimple on his rear end.

http://t.co/qRQdxekfON

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This is the company that called up and fired a writer over and over again because they didn't think he was taking it hard enough.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They fired him so much and so hard he died.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I don't hate on Punk as much as other people because he believes in himself. That's enough to make you a decent person and a role model to youngsters.

As long as he keeps a positive attitude even with losses, I'll be interested in what he does in the future.

I don't think there's even been someone like punk in MMA as long as I can remember. He's sort of unique.

oldpainless posted:

They fired him so much and so hard he died.

I think I may know who this is but I've probably forgotten his name.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

I prefer to watch good mma fighters fight each other and then watch comedy shows for the funny stuff

This is a really bad opinion to hold

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

uncleKitchener posted:

Patrice O'Neal?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Fushin posted:

He'll probably end up being an average fighter for his age by the time he leaves UFC. He'll win and he will lose. He might sniff a title shot because of $$$$ but he won't win it.

How high are you, I'm just curious, especially since I don't think he approves of drug usage.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

uncleKitchener posted:

I don't hate on Punk as much as other people because he believes in himself. That's enough to make you a decent person and a role model to youngsters.

As long as he keeps a positive attitude even with losses, I'll be interested in what he does in the future.

I don't think there's even been someone like punk in MMA as long as I can remember. He's sort of unique.

WAYNE WEEMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3NFZwooqk8

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Punk is going to have a fight against a complete can. He's going to win and look bad while doing it. Afterward he'll say he still has a lot to work on and imply that he may some day have another fight. Two years later it still hasn't happened and everyone has forgotten he ever had an MMA career.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MysteryNad posted:

Punk is going to have a fight against a complete can. He's going to win and look bad while doing it. Afterward he'll say he still has a lot to work on and imply that he may some day have another fight. Two years later it still hasn't happened and everyone has forgotten he ever had an MMA career.

So he gets to gently caress around on national TV and get paid for it, is already financially secure, doesn't have to worry about saving face, no longer has to worry about rear end-eating staph infections, and gets to go home to AJ Lee regardless.

Livin' the dream :shobon:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Chokes McGee posted:

So he gets to gently caress around on national TV and get paid for it, is already financially secure, doesn't have to worry about saving face, no longer has to worry about rear end-eating staph infections, and gets to go home to AJ Lee regardless.

Livin' the dream :shobon:

About that

WARNING, :siren: :nws: :nms: :siren:

Top staph infections in mma history

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is the company that called up and fired a writer over and over again because they didn't think he was taking it hard enough.

It's still one of my favourite wrestling stories and proves what a vacuum those people live in. Steph couldn't comprehend that Patrice had a career outside of wrestling and could nothing but repeatedly fire him.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Memento posted:

Patrice O'Neal?

I actually didn't know he worked for WWE until now...and that he passed away :smith:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I've been told Stephanie McMahon would like to say a few words in remembrance. Stephanie?

Thanks father. Patrice, who I fired, was a kind kind soul who was proud of working for the wwe until I fired him. His beautiful family, who knows i fired their husband and father, had a wonderful relationship with the man who I fired.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How high are you, I'm just curious, especially since I don't think he approves of drug usage.

He is training at a top level camp with top level athletes. What makes you think he will be below average when it's all said and done? And do you really think Dana won't give him a title shot one day regardless of how he does? Money talks.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Fushin posted:

He is training at a top level camp with top level athletes. What makes you think he will be below average when it's all said and done? And do you really think Dana won't give him a title shot one day regardless of how he does? Money talks.

I hope punk does well, but dont get yer hopes up man. And what one earth makes you think he'd get a title shot. Liek the level UFC champions are at right now is insane. Punk would have to be some sort of MMA prodigy to not get his rear end force fed to him.

Honeslty I admire what he's doing, but time isn't on his side on this and he knows it. This is a bucket list thing for him and I'd be surprised if he fights more than 3 times.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Honestly, when he does fight it's going to be so uneventful. He's going to just be put in with someone who's as green as he is. There's no way there's going to be a title shot in his future. He'll go for maybe 2 or 3 years and call it a day just to say that he's done it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Fushin posted:

He's old, full of injuries, and has literally no experience whatsoever. He's not getting a title shot in this or any universe. Again, HE HAS NO FIGHT EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You might remember me from Twitter

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

lmao it's too bad Punk hasn't been secretly doing BJJ for a decade because him beating up scrubs, bully beatdown style, would be hilarious

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I'm on the stage, bitch was pretty funny

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm so stealing "you might remember me from twitter" because fiction has to be plausible and real life just has to happen.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lol

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

1st AD posted:

lmao it's too bad Punk hasn't been secretly doing BJJ for a decade because him beating up scrubs, bully beatdown style, would be hilarious

Pretty sure he has been training BJJ for a long time maybe not 10 years, of course.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

it's actually plausible that a random guy from the audience could possibly beat up cm punk

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

it's actually plausible that a random guy from the audience could possibly beat up cm punk

Dillon "Trouble" Pousson had at least 3 more pro fights than cm punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBm-cMuSaxw

And now he's banned from his gym.

It takes a confident well-adjusted man to walk out to Taylor Swift.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

argondamn posted:

Dillon "Trouble" Pousson had at least 3 more pro fights than cm punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBm-cMuSaxw

And now he's banned from his gym.

It takes a confident well-adjusted man to walk out to Taylor Swift.

A dude on a semi-recent UFC card walked out to Shake it Off

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I like that we've progressed from the nonsensical talk of him being a great MMA announcer to the nonsensical talk of him fighting for a championship.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also Robbie Lawler would literally murder him. I don't mean in a joking manner, I mean Robbie Lawler would literally kill him inside of the octagon. He would be dead.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also Robbie Lawler would literally murder him. I don't mean in a joking manner, I mean Robbie Lawler would literally kill him inside of the octagon. He would be dead.

And you don't want to see this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

And you don't want to see this??

I want to see this and would pay to see it.

• Locked thread