Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Azuth0667 posted:

Wow there is a huge difficulty jump from apprentice to veteran missions. A swinetaur killed my A team :negative:.

Managing the Swinetaur's row is essential to getting through those encounters with minimal damage. You want to keep it in the front row as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I try to keep everyone totally healthy, mentally and physically. I guess I'll ignore minor ones like that they don't drink or what ever. Just the interface is a pain, there has to be a better way than dragging 20+ people every week to check everyone.

Just right click them on the side bar to bring up their stats page rather than drag them into the sanitarium.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GladRagKraken posted:

I don't expect diseases to get much better. The devs have a not so very secret goal to make you have a large and changing roster, not an A team. It's a little less dumb than the Long War XCOM mod's way of making you have a large roster. The thinking goes if you have a large roster, they can provoke an emotional response by killing your dudes, and have you keep playing rather than savescum or ragequit. I recognize that's a touch glossed over but I think it's basically self explanatory. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll effort post about it.

the concept of "an A Team" is beyond me, I've never used the same guys over and over and always rotate people in or out depending on the levels they're at. The whole gripe about diseases is that now they come from literally everywhere, and one used to be enough and now it's just "now you have this, and that, and this" like I loving get it, obviously won't be touching this guy for next mission, it's just obnoxious. A dude getting rabies from a book was pretty hilarious, though.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

There are a few camp skills for disease removal and I really haven't had an issue just using those mostly instead of the sanitarium.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
Are the diseases really that bad? I've mostly been getting stuff like 50% more vulnerable to blight, or 100% more food consumption, things like that. Nothing I would spend money to get rid of.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Well. I stopped playing this game a couple months back or so because it crashed my computer every 10 minutes.

Glad to see nothing's changed <:mad:>

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

may contain peanuts posted:

Are the diseases really that bad? I've mostly been getting stuff like 50% more vulnerable to blight, or 100% more food consumption, things like that. Nothing I would spend money to get rid of.

I probably just have the worst luck in the world for now since usually all the worst diseases will get stuck on one guy for a run. poo poo like "less deathblow resist, less HP, less accuracy" all gets vomited onto one guy til he's useless. Had it happen to a Leper on the Wizened Hag run, he was completely useless in that fight. Luckily remembered to bring a Highwayman with Duelist Advance/Point Blank/Grapeshot and a Crit trinket with me which tore through cauldron/hag extremely well.

Also, having Holy Lance on a Crusader is loving awesome for those moments when you get surprised or the rank gets messed up. "Oh, you thought I was just going to stay back, NOPE." Seems to do incredible damage and always looks cool as poo poo.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Geokinesis posted:

Just right click them on the side bar to bring up their stats page rather than drag them into the sanitarium.

And you can scroll through the roster with the Q and E keys.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

There are a lot that don't matter too much but there are also a lot that punch you in the dick every fight until you get them removed.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

MinibarMatchman posted:

the concept of "an A Team" is beyond me, I've never used the same guys over and over and always rotate people in or out depending on the levels they're at.

The A Team is whichever team Dismas and Reynaud are in at any given time. :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

The A Team is whichever team Dismas and Reynaud are in at any given time. :colbert:

I'm surprised I still have that klepto asswipe Reynaud. Dismas, along with the entire team he was on, died when the loving Prophet wrecked my poo poo. I don't think I had a healer either so I got wrecked.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I managed to keep Dismas on my A-team since the start of the game, he finally died on about week 100 due to these new updates :(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Angry Diplomat posted:

They died on my first long apprentice run to be replaced by an amazing hellion bounty hunter combo.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The character roster ui on the right side of the screen is so bad. Hard to find someone and just a pain to scroll and reorganize. Hope that gets some love soon.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Red Mundus posted:

The character roster ui on the right side of the screen is so bad. Hard to find someone and just a pain to scroll and reorganize. Hope that gets some love soon.

It really should be context sensitive. In the armory? Character's stat-block is replaced with their current equipment, and people not up to date are highlighted. In the Guild? Same deal, stat block changes to give relevant info and characters that have things you can buy are highlighted. Sanitarium? Same deal, stat block is replaced with list of mental and physical illness.

It would also be nice to be able to do the reverse. Select a character and see all their info. Click on their weapon if it's not upgraded and have it upgrade. Click on a health issue and have them automatically sent to the sanitarium. Click on their stress and have them sent to the current cheapest compatible stress-reliever. Click on their skills to upgrade them. You shouldn't have to navigate to a million separate buildings to maintain your dudes.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
It's a very iOS interface so I'm curious if anything is planned on that end.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Can anything be done with excess resources? I have maxed all the things that need deeds and still have a stash of deeds.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

I started up a new game and they died on their third outing :saddowns:

I haven't played since pre Man-At-Arms/Arbalist so playing with those two and the Houndmaster is a ton of fun. When did they add corpses? They're annoying but the good kind for me and add another level of managing combat, plus it made the Plague Doctor suck less.

Is there anything else I should know about? I dunno anything about the three new bosses added, and frankly after my first encounter with the Hag with a melee party I don't want any more surprises.

I got the Black Plague which was roughly -50% to everything, major sucked. Imagine that's the deep end when it comes to diseases though.

Also my Man-At-Arms got on the same quest Steady, +10% Stress Resist, and Nervous, -10% Stress Resist.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 28, 2015

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Red Mundus posted:

It's a very iOS interface so I'm curious if anything is planned on that end.

I dunno cause the touch controls in this game on a microsoft surface are super lovely.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I started up a new game and they died on their third outing :saddowns:

I haven't played since pre Man-At-Arms/Arbalist so playing with those two and the Houndmaster is a ton of fun. When did they add corpses? They're annoying but the good kind for me and add another level of managing combat, plus it made the Plague Doctor suck less.

I also thought the Doctor was doing better, but, alas, no. Even with high Prot, her DoTs simply don't do enough damage. At the peak, she deals 5 damage per round, and its rare I want to leave any enemy up for more than two or three turns, so she's likely to only do a total of 5 or 10 damage. Compare with a similarly-leveled Hellion, who, at base, deals like 17 - 25. To any spot in the enemy roster. With a chance to bleed for the middle spots. Even against enemies with 40 - 60% prot, the damage dealers are just better.

As for the new bosses, I guess all I'll say is this - Bring some long-ranged people against the Prophet.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I think Blight/Bleed would be improved if it increased itself every turn, even by like 100%, and shorten it by one turn. So instead of 4/4/4 it'd be 4/8. This would also mean crit Blight/Bleed would be really goddamn strong, so maybe revert that change and just double the DoT damage? Extending DoT duration on crit was a nice nod to buffing DoTs, but considering most enemies die before even the third round of a normal DoT, it didn't actually buff it at all in most situations.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'd prefer it if stacking DoTs refreshed the timer - I.e. a slow build to sustained DPS. That way they stay weak in short fights but become very valuable for long ones.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Goddamn the 8 Pounder was a loving easy but slow fight. I used 2x Arbalest 2x BH and just chewed through everything with marks up until the fight, but even with the mark bonus my Arbalests were doing 2-6 damage and my BHs around 3-4. I really hope the Prot stays at the already ridiculous 70% for the higher rounds, it was stupid enough even with a pretty min-maxed team.

The Swine Prince was a goddamn chump, though. He really doesn't like marks.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also my Man-At-Arms got on the same quest Steady, +10% Stress Resist, and Nervous, -10% Stress Resist.
Reminds me, I got this recently after a mission:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Reminds me, I got this recently after a mission:

that happened to me once and i think quick reflexes just overwrote slow reflexes.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Welp I no longer need portraits or deeds. Is there a point to continuing to horde them or are those slots now free treasure slots?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Azuth0667 posted:

Welp I no longer need portraits or deeds. Is there a point to continuing to horde them or are those slots now free treasure slots?

Right now all you can do with the artifacts is upgrade poo poo.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

How man HP should corpses have? Mine have 8 - is that the new lower value, or has my game missed a patch?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

It may have already been touched on earlier, but they definitely accelerated torch loss recently. When you go through a door at the end of a hallway it takes off another chunk of torch, when that had never happened before. It may have been a "fix" to being able to click on the door without activating the last section of a hallway's torch loss, but it just means I have to bring over a stack of torches on Medium runs, even if I don't backtrack. This means even more inventory clogging, not even including the dumb idea of having dog treats take up another spot. It's very annoying.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Angrymog posted:

How man HP should corpses have? Mine have 8 - is that the new lower value, or has my game missed a patch?

I edited my small ones to be 1hp. I modeled the change after the design of "minions" in 4e D&D, which are basically chaff with possibly annoying or deadly attacks, but literally die to any damaging attack. Their purpose is to either harry PCs or soak up attacks that would have hit more important targets, and I think the latter part was the idea behind adding them to this game, so it seemed like a fair change. I think I'll keep them that way even if they fix the miss chance on corpses.

Edit: but afaik the small ones are officially 8hp yeah

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Thanks. I'm not finding them that annoying, I just wanted to make sure that my game hadn't failed to patch.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Angrymog posted:

I don't think they ever actually lowered it. Mine have been 8 too.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Baronjutter posted:

I used to run a tidy profit,
until I took a maggot in the leg. Terrible creatures, :wotwot:

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah it doesn't work anymore since they can only eat 4 food after each battle. But that just means I run out of HP super fast now, so the new strategy is to die or retreat from dungeons. I'm having no problem with level 1 and 3 dungeons, it's the level 5 dungeons that I'm finishing maybe 25% of the time now :(
Yeah, just sounds like really sloppy playing without any awareness of the limits of your economy etc.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So I went through and lowered all level 3 enemy prot's a bit so they're the same as their level 2 variant or only a bit higher. I also made it so level 5 weapons and armour are a bit better. 3rd tier dungeons are still harder than the rest, but it's fun rather than a huge pain.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

It may have already been touched on earlier, but they definitely accelerated torch loss recently. When you go through a door at the end of a hallway it takes off another chunk of torch, when that had never happened before. It may have been a "fix" to being able to click on the door without activating the last section of a hallway's torch loss, but it just means I have to bring over a stack of torches on Medium runs, even if I don't backtrack. This means even more inventory clogging, not even including the dumb idea of having dog treats take up another spot. It's very annoying.

It's literally this. If you do go all the way to the end of the hallway, there won't be any extra torch loss when you go through the door. Every unexplored hallway will consume 30 torch now regardless of where you enter the door from (for those not in the know, you used to be able to "use" doors without paying the torch cost for entering the space with the door, which would let you get through a hallway with only -24 torch instead of -30.)

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

It's literally this. If you do go all the way to the end of the hallway, there won't be any extra torch loss when you go through the door. Every unexplored hallway will consume 30 torch now regardless of where you enter the door from (for those not in the know, you used to be able to "use" doors without paying the torch cost for entering the space with the door, which would let you get through a hallway with only -24 torch instead of -30.)
I sort of prefer this since now there's no incentive to find the sweet spot where I can open the door but I haven't used my torch yet. I used to just inch forward towards the door a little bit at a time until I found it. I mean I could have played without doing that but there was a reward for doing it so I always did.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I... think I recall being able to hold down W as you walked and instantly enter the door as soon as you got into range, without any risk of torch loss. But it was kind of a dumb and arbitrary system at any rate.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

I... think I recall being able to hold down W as you walked and instantly enter the door as soon as you got into range, without any risk of torch loss. But it was kind of a dumb and arbitrary system at any rate.
Oh. I guess I never thought to try that.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Found some cool fan art by Guillaume Singelin

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Waffle! posted:

Found some cool fan art by Guillaume Singelin

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Let's see, Grave Digger killed, Highwayman afflicted and being useless from the shock, Plague Doctor trying to stun the big bad while the Crusader's fighting what looks like a losing damage race.

Yep, sounds about right.