Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fix posted:

How long is Fire Emblem: Awakening? I never, ever want it to end, and I fear that it's shorter than I want it to be.

I think my save file was about 30-35 hours when I beat it.

According to my 3DS, I have logged almost 200 hours into it. Others on this site have spent more. One crazy sonovabitch, not on SA, has spent well over 1000 hours.

Next year we're getting Fates, which if you buy just one version of it, you get about as much content as Awakening, and then there's two other paths you can download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They really should have ported the new Strider game to this.

Also I had a dream that Nintendo started doing the same SEGA Classics thing with the same quality of port, and one of the games they ported was Metal Warriors, complete with online battle mode.

A man can dream. :qq:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

There's a new one coming out in the US soon. You could spend this time learning Japanese to play the sequel
Its the lingua franca of video games, lmao at anyone that hasn't learned it already.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Terper posted:

I think my save file was about 30-35 hours when I beat it.

According to my 3DS, I have logged almost 200 hours into it. Others on this site have spent more. One crazy sonovabitch, not on SA, has spent well over 1000 hours.

Next year we're getting Fates, which if you buy just one version of it, you get about as much content as Awakening, and then there's two other paths you can download.

That sounds perfect. Thanks. I can't commit that kind of time, but I sure as hell will carry out 30-40 hours to see this through and will try my best to stop thereupon. That is going to be hard. There's a lot to do around the edges here.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Bought Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy + for $8, pretty cool game actually.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

.TakaM posted:

Where? That seems like a legit good deal.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I know it's been talked about before, but I just picked up Donkey Kong '94, and it was freaking amazing. I sat down and beat it in one sitting just under 5 hours.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europe, here's all the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer junk available at launch (October 2) alongside the standalone game:

From left to right:

-White New 3DS with exclusive Happy Home Designer faceplates, a digital copy of Happy Home Designer (4GB SD) and 1 special AC Amiibo card

-White New 3DS XL with Happy Home Designer cover, a digital copy of Happy Home Designer (4GB SD) and 1 special AC Amiibo card

-Physical copy of Happy Home Designer with the NFC reader for OG 3DS and 1 special AC Amiibo card

-AC Amiibo Card 3-Pack; contains 1 special card and 2 regular cards

New 3DS faceplates 5 (K.K. Slider), 6 (Isabelle) and 27 (assorted animals) will be available at retail, as will a standalone NFC reader.

Closer look at the New 3DS faceplates and XL cover:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 27, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
oops

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, the 3DS version ended up moving 3DS units, but Smash wouldn't move Wii U units. Then again, MK8 came out before it, so it's probable that people interested in Smash already got the console for MK8.

Does anyone have any charts to present that are based on wild speculation

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
XL edition doesn't come with a game, interesting.

Picked up Binding of Isaac Rebirth, not seeing the slow down mentioned earlier. It plays just fine.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Anora posted:

XL edition doesn't come with a game, interesting.

Picked up Binding of Isaac Rebirth, not seeing the slow down mentioned earlier. It plays just fine.

Why is this not in Europe :(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mega Comrade posted:

Why is this not in Europe :(

Nicalis.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

raditts posted:

Does anyone have any charts to present that are based on wild speculation

The 3DS sales shot up after Smash was released http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/super_smash_bros_for_3ds_thrashes_the_competition_in_japan_n_3ds_sales_increase

Wii U sales shot up for MK8 and it was expected for Smash http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7131525/wii-u-sales-super-smash-bros-mario-kart-8-iwata

But Wii U sales did not improve that much when Smash was released http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-climb-slowly-despite-key-releases/1100-6424937/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Europe, here's all the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer junk available at launch (October 2) alongside the standalone game:

From left to right:

-White New 3DS with exclusive Happy Home Designer faceplates, a digital copy of Happy Home Designer (4GB SD) and 1 special AC Amiibo card

-White New 3DS XL with Happy Home Designer cover, a digital copy of Happy Home Designer (4GB SD) and 1 special AC Amiibo card

-Physical copy of Happy Home Designer with the NFC reader for OG 3DS and 1 special AC Amiibo card

New 3DS faceplates 5 (K.K. Slider), 6 (Isabelle) and 27 (assorted animals) will be available at retail, as will a standalone NFC reader.

Oh wow, I was starting to think they'd just dropped the N3DS amiibo pedestal altogether.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

.TakaM posted:

Where? I saw it was $19.99 at my local Walmart, but $8 is crazy

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I played as Lazarus in BoI, and after I beat mom, a hole opened in the wall on the bottom of the screen. When I went in there were 4 items, after I picked up one there was like a boss rush, but all of the bosses spawned in pairs, but not of the same one (so like Monstro II and a black monstro, and then peeps and one of the worms). The room was broken, like only the top and left border appeared, and it curved in at one screen length, but continued on for another half screen. I died, but it was weird.

There was some slow down on that, and one of the boss pairs' sprites didn't load, but it wasn't too bad. (and having Daddy Long Legs, Gemini, haunt, Quad shielded shot, and fart on damage helped.)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boss rush is normal, the border thing definitely not, it's normally a huge square

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think it's more that there is just not much interest in the Wii U in general. Mario Kart 8 and the general hype the console had coming out of E3 2014 brought a bunch of people back but by Smash anyone who cared already had the console.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the standalone AC faceplates:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tender Bender posted:

I think it's more that there is just not much interest in the Wii U in general. Mario Kart 8 and the general hype the console had coming out of E3 2014 brought a bunch of people back but by Smash anyone who cared already had the console.

I wager it's because the 3DS version released earlier, cannibalizing most of the sales.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Here are the standalone AC faceplates:

All of these are really good (I especially like the last one), and now I am sad we don't get them, so thanks.

Also I would have loved to see the MM 3ds do something similar to the last plate's theme, but with all of the masks.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

From left to right:

I hope that XL comes to NA. Red and black are so boring. Blue maybe but that AC one is cool.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

All of these are really good (I especially like the last one), and now I am sad we don't get them, so thanks.

Also I would have loved to see the MM 3ds do something similar to the last plate's theme, but with all of the masks.

The gold one is nice, but I think they really should've gone for a purple colour for the MM 3DS XL with a proper coloured version of Majora's Mask itself on the case.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Do you sometimes find yourself wishing you had the tackiest of 3DSes? Do people asking you the time bother you?? Japan's got you covered.

Order Now!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That actually owns really hard

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Am I correct in thinking that that is not just a printed-on picture of the watch portion of a Game & Watch, but an actual working digital clock?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

raditts posted:

That actually owns really hard

What if it could also hold some game carts?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The rear end Stooge posted:

Am I correct in thinking that that is not just a printed-on picture of the watch portion of a Game & Watch, but an actual working digital clock?

It really is, comes with its own battery.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Do you sometimes find yourself wishing you had the tackiest of 3DSes? Do people asking you the time bother you?? Japan's got you covered.

Order Now!

Why are you trying to imply this awesome thing is actually terrible? :confused:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The real question is how many game cartridges can it hold?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why are you trying to imply this awesome thing is actually terrible? :confused:

Oh, I'm not. I love tacky poo poo and hate when people ask me the time. I'd buy this if I had a N3DS.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why do you hate people asking you the time?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Starsnostars posted:

Why do you hate people asking you the time?

I don't think I've had anyone ask me what time it was since the 90s anyhow for that matter.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Hey guys, I wanted to chime in on something discussed like 5 pages ago.

Bravely Default is an awesome game. I really don't get how someone who likes JRPGs at all wouldn't like it.

It's like a new FF game if they actually stayed good for the last 15 years. The battle/job system is SO GOOD. The story isn't incredible I guess? But it's not aggressively bad or anything. The worst part is the stupid journal thing that I'll never read which has a ton of the backstory.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I put it aside after I found out that I was almost to the part where I'd have to do nothing but refight bosses over and over and over for the rest of the game.

Also the battle system was eh, seems like the only difference is that you defend for three turns before attacking four times.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Glad to hear you enjoying it, I liked it a lot. What chapter are you on?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ddogflex posted:

It's like a new FF game if they actually stayed good for the last 15 years. The battle/job system is SO GOOD.

Uh but Final Fantasy 13 only came out in 2009.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Also the battle system was eh, seems like the only difference is that you defend for three turns before attacking four times.

You really didn't take advantage of the system if that is all you did. There are tons of ways to manipulate BP in more interesting ways.

ddogflex posted:

But it's not aggressively bad or anything.

The bulk of complaints find the Chapter 5 shift to actually be aggressively bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was excited when I hit Chapter 5. :shobon: