Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

JackBadass posted:

Sorry, I tried.

I dont get it, what did you change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

JackBadass posted:

Sorry, I tried.

:razz:

Hihohe posted:

I dont get it, what did you change?

:razz:

idg why there are androids... the smartest scientist ppl in the world ( teh big mountain science dome of teh science!!) were put in brain tanks not humanish android bodies.

it's too clean. plus its retarded because what do modern day wastelanders need androids for instead of more important utility robots

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I don't think members of The Institute can really be called wastelanders. They live in a high tech bubble while everything around them sucks. Maybe robots you can have sex with is a higher priority in that sort of situation.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Dongicus posted:

the smartest scientist ppl in the world ( teh big mountain science dome of teh science!!) were put in brain tanks not humanish android bodies.

That's non-canonical.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

There was AI that was made by the most advanced people out there in the wastes (DC enclave) and that AI was retarded as hell.

calling that theres gun be a science option to use a logic puzzle to make the end android boss asplode X-D

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that would be pretty cool actually!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Press X to shout Logical Paradox!

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012
Maybe they plan on making androids the new awesome version of humanity or some other usual fair?

I can see it now, you'll be given the choice to either lead the institutes army of androids to victory after destroying the independent androids or to cleanse the wastes and purge boston with the brotherhood and nice androids.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mastodon Compound posted:

Maybe they plan on making androids the new awesome version of humanity or some other usual fair?

I can see it now, you'll be given the choice to either lead the institutes army of androids to victory after destroying the independent androids or to cleanse the wastes and purge boston with the brotherhood and nice androids.

T. Howard has already said, in so many words, that the plot will basically be Blade Runner: The Commonwealth/"Institute" are creating androids for the express purpose of perfecting human torture techniques (they're programmed to think and to feel so that they make the perfect torture test subjects). Some of these subjects escape from captivity and form a "Neo Underground Railroad", which is the how Fallout 3's Harkness/A3-21 escapes to Rivet City; these emancipated androids just want to live out their lives in peace and harmony. You will be the person with a mysterious, implausible background who is charged with finding these escapees and terminating them in the name of SCIENCE...or turning your back on your Commonwealth employer and pledging your allegiance to the Neo Underground Railroad. But wait: A twist in the truth of your checkered past may influence your decision between good and evil!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

But wait: A twist in the truth of your checkered past may influence your decision between good and evil!

Turns out you're a huge racist.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Will I be able to have sex with androids?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Will I be able to have sex with androids?

May I be able to have sex with androids.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are I be able to haved sexes with androided?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LOL!!!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What I'm after is epic talking household appliances with wacky personalities

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Here's something that isn't a joke: I sincerely want to murder Todd Howard for making bad video games.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Here's something that isn't a joke: I sincerely want to murder Todd Howard for making bad video games.

I call this, "A Lying loving Snake Betrays Mankind, Part One"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 27, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Cream, I want you to be honest, is your house just loving full of Todd Howard paintings and pictures?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like how in Fallout 3 if your speech skill is 100 your argument of "You should give up" manages to sway the evil computer into self destructing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

I like how in Fallout 3 if your speech skill is 100 your argument of "You should give up" manages to sway the evil computer into self destructing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm writing this short story in the vein of Asimov. It's about a completely original Fallout character named P.H. Legmish using his sexual healing powers to treat female androids traumatized by the Institute. The Three Laws of Robotics will be prominently featured - only with a sexy twist. ;)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

JackBadass posted:

May I be able to have sex with androids.

Can I please have sex with androids?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Fallout 4: Do androids dream of erotic encounters?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pwnstar posted:

The most recent season of dr who has the doctor convincing an android to commit suicide.

I'm going to kill myself now goodbye cruel forum!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I like how Fallout 3 calls you a piece of poo poo for doing the smart thing and sending your super mutant or ghoul buddy into the highly irradiated room to shut off a generator.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Fibby Boy posted:

I like how Fallout 3 calls you a piece of poo poo for doing the smart thing and sending your super mutant or ghoul buddy into the highly irradiated room to shut off a generator.

Didn't it originally not let you send the radiation-immune people into the radiation chamber at all, to force you to re-enact the end of Star Trek II with you in the Spock role?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Didn't it originally not let you send the radiation-immune people into the radiation chamber at all, to force you to re-enact the end of Star Trek II with you in the Spock role?

Yeah originally the ending was summed up as "But thou must!" and it was really dumb.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah originally the ending was summed up as "But thou must!" and it was really dumb.

I guess I get to relive that eventually since I'm playing off an old DVD install of just the base game now! :haw:

So far it's pretty fun, but I've ignored the main quest-line entirely after visiting Rivet City because of my vague memories of the story being super dumb.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Either you had to go in yourself and Ron Perlman would praise you for following your father heroic example during the ending. Or you send Sarah Lyons in and Ron Perlman would call you a shithead. I suppose there was a third option in that you could simply do nothing and Project Purity would explode with you in it.
Broken Steel added the possibility of sending in Fawkes, Charon, or Sergeant RL-3, after which Ron Perlman would still call you a shithead.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Either you had to go in yourself and Ron Perlman would praise you for following your father heroic example during the ending. Or you send Sarah Lyons in and Ron Perlman would call you a shithead. I suppose there was a third option in that you could simply do nothing and Project Purity would explode with you in it.
Broken Steel added the possibility of sending in Fawkes, Charon, or Sergeant RL-3, after which Ron Perlman would still call you a shithead.

You can go in yourself with broken steel and it would have you wake up 2 weeks later and recovering from radiation poisoning. At least that's what I remember.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

sean10mm posted:

I guess I get to relive that eventually since I'm playing off an old DVD install of just the base game now! :haw:

So far it's pretty fun, but I've ignored the main quest-line entirely after visiting Rivet City because of my vague memories of the story being super dumb.

You should really at least get broken steel for the level cap increase and new perks. And less lovely ending.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TontoCorazon posted:

You can go in yourself with broken steel and it would have you wake up 2 weeks later and recovering from radiation poisoning. At least that's what I remember.

Yep that's exactly what it was.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Have they said if the creation kit is going to come out at the same time as release? Basically I need tits on the dog if I'm going to marry it and I hope nexus will deliver on day 1.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I call this, "A Lying loving Snake Betrays Mankind, Part One"

thats not randy pitchford.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Have they said if the creation kit is going to come out at the same time as release? Basically I need tits on the dog if I'm going to marry it and I hope nexus will deliver on day 1.
The toolset will be released in "early 2016". Though you can expect the standard lazy texture & mesh replacers to drop at launchdate.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They also said "humans only" for romance so no technical gay marrying Super Mutants or Ghouls.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Can we please not do this poo poo? Even if you're being "ironic" it's weird and creepy and dumb. This targeting of a visible figure in game development and blaming them for everything (including the inevitable passage of time) is one of the more hosed up aspects of gaming culture right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rhymenoserous posted:

The CK always lags a few months behind the game release. Skyrim came out Nov. 11th 2011, and the Creation Kit dropped on Feb. 7th. Fallout 3 was Oct. 28, 2008, and its GECK came out Dec. 11th.

• Locked thread