Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

New Leaf posted:

I've gotten like 4 surveys in the past 24 hours about my career and stores I've been to. Might want to keep an eye on your app.

I woke up to one this morning with two pictures of bouquets, asking me to count the number of dahlias. I had to look up what a dahlia looked like, and even then both pictures were angled similarly so it was hard to count them well. What the hell was the point of that survey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I woke up to one this morning with two pictures of bouquets, asking me to count the number of dahlias. I had to look up what a dahlia looked like, and even then both pictures were angled similarly so it was hard to count them well. What the hell was the point of that survey?

I had one with a weird picture of an overweight unattractive person's selfie and it asked if I could see the glasses.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Anyone tried the Adventure Time Puzzle Quest? The actual puzzling seems to go so much faster, gems drop quickly, swap quickly. Almost too quickly since its super sensitive and sometimes does moves you dont want to do. I was enjoying it because they didnt do the annoying "give AI a turn on the board" poo poo I generally dislike since it invalidates any planning ahead. Then I pulled their slot machine and realized they're using the same lovely IAP model from Marvel PQ. Seriously one of the worst and most punitive IAP models out there. gently caress this industry.

The game itself is fine, but unless i'm mistaken you initially only have room for 3 units and "reserves"(in other words those you don't have room for) disappear after 3 days leaving no room for growth. :stare: Yeah, i'm probably not going to stick around for this game.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The game itself is fine, but unless i'm mistaken you initially only have room for 3 units and "reserves"(in other words those you don't have room for) disappear after 3 days leaving no room for growth. :stare: Yeah, i'm probably not going to stick around for this game.

You get the currency to buy slots insanely fast for the PQ format however, so this really shouldn't be a problem.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Anyone tried the Adventure Time Puzzle Quest? The actual puzzling seems to go so much faster, gems drop quickly, swap quickly. Almost too quickly since its super sensitive and sometimes does moves you dont want to do. I was enjoying it because they didnt do the annoying "give AI a turn on the board" poo poo I generally dislike since it invalidates any planning ahead. Then I pulled their slot machine and realized they're using the same lovely IAP model from Marvel PQ. Seriously one of the worst and most punitive IAP models out there. gently caress this industry.

I have heard nothing but bad things. That includes on the game store. And the game store is a place where I have seen countless 4* reviews that said "game crashes whenever i try to play."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

I have heard nothing but bad things. That includes on the game store. And the game store is a place where I have seen countless 4* reviews that said "game crashes whenever i try to play."

In addition to hearing that, I've also heard that it doesn't actually play like a Puzzle Quest game at all.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

In addition to hearing that, I've also heard that it doesn't actually play like a Puzzle Quest game at all.

It does not. It is more of a puzzles and dragons knock off.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Locke Dunnegan posted:

A theory is that Google is using the surveys to improve their picture identification algorithms, which helps their Photo App, and their Catchpha service. I got one that showed three pictures and said "which one has meat in it" and none of them had meat. Well, one was a person, so I picked that one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

A theory is that Google is using the surveys to improve their picture identification algorithms, which helps their Photo App, and their Catchpha service. I got one that showed three pictures and said "which one has meat in it" and none of them had meat. Well, one was a person, so I picked that one.

You hosed up, that survey is to identify the secret cannibal cartel in America.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

This is the one I got

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Ugh. Just drew the nastiest team I've ever seen in Gems of War PvP:

Webspinner (Legendary, Green/Purple, active poisons your whole team, 2 damage to whole team, and creates 10 green gems)
Webspinner
Goblin Shaman (Rare, Purple/Brown, active creates 9 green gems, take another turn)
Hobgoblin (Ultra Rare, Red/Green, active does 6 damage to each of two enemies, take another turn)

One Webspinner is hard enough to stop once it gets on a roll. A second as a backup is just mean. Regardless, it means that as soon as the opponent gets Green, Purple or Brown rolling, you have to get lucky not to be screwed, because greens everywhere generally mean extra turns for him, extra uses of the actives to keep the board green, and then Hobgoblin can plink you to death at his leisure.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

What was your answer?

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

What the hell, Google? What did you answer?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I really hope you said No.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Game of Thrones (Telltale's) season 1 is on sale for $0.60. Are the other seasons on sale as well? Apparently I can only look if I buy the game and browse the IAP.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Ugh. Just drew the nastiest team I've ever seen in Gems of War PvP:

Webspinner (Legendary, Green/Purple, active poisons your whole team, 2 damage to whole team, and creates 10 green gems)
Webspinner
Goblin Shaman (Rare, Purple/Brown, active creates 9 green gems, take another turn)
Hobgoblin (Ultra Rare, Red/Green, active does 6 damage to each of two enemies, take another turn)

One Webspinner is hard enough to stop once it gets on a roll. A second as a backup is just mean. Regardless, it means that as soon as the opponent gets Green, Purple or Brown rolling, you have to get lucky not to be screwed, because greens everywhere generally mean extra turns for him, extra uses of the actives to keep the board green, and then Hobgoblin can plink you to death at his leisure.

Oh wait till you valkryie added to mix :getin:

And i get like 10+ every match.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Ragequit posted:

Game of Thrones (Telltale's) season 1 is on sale for $0.60. Are the other seasons on sale as well? Apparently I can only look if I buy the game and browse the IAP.

The other episodes are full price. That's also the case with Valiant Hearts and Republique. Sale price is only for the first episode.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
< the feeling when you wake up to a survey

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

btw Terarria is pretty fun, got it from the Amazon app store.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................................................... :yikes:
Am I on a list now? :ohdear:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Anderron Shi posted:

< the feeling when you wake up to a survey

I hate when I get a survey and get the dreaded "not all surveys give you anything".

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What was your answer?

i was reloading posted:

What the hell, Google? What did you answer?

I answered no of course, and even though I only got $0.10 from it I'd like to think I would have gotten nothing had I answered differently. I was just shocked when I got that survey, never had anything like that before. I've had three surveys since then, two asking me about going to Sprint and one about investments. I guess I'm back to normal surveys again.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

This is the one I got

christ

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

lol

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

"No ring"

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Gem talk

When do I use souls to train? Save them up until I got good cards? Same with keys, just use them as I get them or save until I buy more kingdoms?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
I log in with Google Opinion Rewards, and it just loads forever. What gives?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

This Merchant game is awful. I don't know why anyone would waste time playing it.
Well, I guess I should at least check the results of the last battle.
Might as well craft with the ingredients I found
Oh, another battle finished.....

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

EvilElmo posted:

Gem talk

When do I use souls to train? Save them up until I got good cards? Same with keys, just use them as I get them or save until I buy more kingdoms?

Use the keys right away. There is zero reason to hold off on using them.

As for souls, yeah, it's probably best to save them for good cards that you'll actually want to use. There are some really solid common cards that are worth juicing up in the meanwhile though. Goblins are pretty pimp... 6 green gets you a quick attack that doesn't end your turn.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

EvilElmo posted:

Gem talk

Use keys whenever you get them, then use the souls to train your best troops. Run Arena to get more souls and keys!

If you look at the troop menu and select "view all" or whatever, the first Epic troop of each kingdom is unlock-able by completing all the quests in that kingdom. So look for troops that you want and hit those quests.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

I log in with Google Opinion Rewards, and it just loads forever. What gives?

Stop using the fake gps thing.

If your billing address isn't in a country that supports Opinion Rewards it will do this.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

This Merchant game is awful. I don't know why anyone would waste time playing it.
Well, I guess I should at least check the results of the last battle.
Might as well craft with the ingredients I found
Oh, another battle finished.....

Same reaction. Played it for a day then never again

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

EvilElmo posted:

Gem talk

I say just level the units you are using to about level 10ish. Leveling up units is dirt cheap until about like 7-9 depending on rarity. A full arena run gets you about 425 souls which is basically enough to get someone to an okay level. You want at least a good enough team to get storyline epics and the week's pvp prize.

Also rarity doesn't affect how good a unit is. Common units are really really good. So I would focus on anyone that can change the board, gain an extra, or deal decent damage.

Keep an eye out for Valkyrie and Druid those are very powerful rares and they even work very well together.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Survey chat is like a billion times worse than friend code posting.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cool

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Keep an eye out for Valkyrie and Druid those are very powerful rares and they even work very well together.

Valkyrie and griffon knight is my go to combo. Add in a treant and you are laughing.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
In Dokkan Battle is there a limit to how many times you can z awaken a character? I z awakened a normal Chiatzou and a normal red ribbon soldier to Rares. They are both level 40 now, but they are greyed out in the awakening menu. What gives?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

poonchasta posted:

In Dokkan Battle is there a limit to how many times you can z awaken a character? I z awakened a normal Chiatzou and a normal red ribbon soldier to Rares. They are both level 40 now, but they are greyed out in the awakening menu. What gives?

You can only Z-Awaken once.

Also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3732619&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#pti34

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
(Mazebert TD)

Byolante posted:

Most of the cards are worthless. Build 1 bunny in the second to right bottom row of the 2x4 area. Wait a few turns for it to level up then put spiders at the back of those rows and fill the other 5 slots with beavers, put jillys in the back 3 lanes, a dandelion in the middle of the front 3 lane. Always combine potions up to gold rank and only drink them on your rabbit. put a frozen 2 set on the dandelion and the lower row spider. Ignore all blue and gold towers, they are gold sinks with no value. Replace the bunny with a balu the bear when it becomes avail, put a knushexe in the front right spot of the first 3 lane. Replace a beaver with manitou. Put a withered 2 set on the dandelion to go with the frozen 2 set. Gradually replace damage items with crit damage items on your balu as he gets to around level 60 and the dmage potions start to stack up.

Its probably the most formulaic tower defense I have ever played once I worked out what was going on. There really is only 1 winning strategy.

I finally beat Easy and lasted 551 seconds in the Bonus Round with a fairly similar strategy -- I put an Electric Chair in the middle of the front row, fed all my potions and best gear to that, stacked a few Irish Pubs in the back for spike damage and from there it didn't really matter all that much because the Chair caused havoc until I replaced it with Balu, who was just a cuddly rape machine from then on. By the end Balu had an average damage of 716K on an 0.8s cooldown. Next, to try it on Normal.

Some of the other cards I've heard good things about :
* Shadow is a solid DPS machine because he has great range, a 1s cooldown and his Adapt ability means he builds up amplified damage against all monster types except Horsemen.
* Mr. Iron is a contender if you build up item rates and then utilize his modular skill over and over. Internalize stuff like Viking Helmets, Seven League Boots, Rare Steaks, Monster Teeth, Longbows if you want him as a heavy hitter, or Keys of Wisdom, Herb Cauldrons, Irish Pub Barrels, Fistfuls of Steel if you want him as a support unit pumping up your main. Eventually you can get him down to 0.1s cooldown and the Withered set to knock enemies back very reliably.
* Give Miss Jilly the Impatient set, always spam the Fast-Forward icon and put her reasonably close to the front so that she never stops attacking. It's not the damage that you want so much as spamming that 1% chance for instadeath. Luck items increase that rate.
* Ganesha can go somewhere in the middle of your troops because he'll level them and himself substantially faster, and can then be replaced for an instant level 99 something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have the most fun with Mazebert when I'm intentionally ignoring what the cards do and just build the wackiest poo poo I can.