Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

I dunno dude, I think it's nice cause they're being upfront, you don't have to be halfway through their profile before uncovering a reference to another man's seed

Oh, I get that, and want to know upfront and tell upfront myself. It's just the difference to me between "I have three kids and they are the world to me, but I also like [things] and would be fun to spend time with because [stuff]" rather than "Skylyr, Connyr, and Brandyn are my babies my babies kids kids kids here's every single profile picture of my kids hope you want to be a surrogate daddy from minute one for my kids my babies because that's the only thing I'm putting on the tin.kidskidskids"

recently met a gal who actually put up really unflattering pics and was actually extremely a lot more lovely in person. the dudes who od on red pills and say "flattering pictures and make up are lying lies lying whores tell" would be pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

so many women put pictures of pictures of their kids like as the default profile picture or just really hammer on it in their profile and it's a dealbreaker for me. not that i am against dating moms, at my age it's pretty much expected, but god drat don't involve them that way in your dating life

I mention that I have kids in my thing because it's a reasonable thing to want to know about someone one way or another and they are obv a big part of my life, but it would feel creepy af to actually put a bunch of pics and mention their names. You're not dating my kids. You may not even ever meet them, unless we end up dating for at least several months.

the funniest is having your kid as your first tinder pic like wtf

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

the funniest is having your kid as your first tinder pic like wtf

I see that all the time and i'm trying to get my brain around the mentality of the sort of person who wants me to "swipe right" on their fukkin' eight year old.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I see that all the time and i'm trying to get into the mentality of the sort of person who wants me to "swipe right" on their fukkin' eight year old.

The mentality of someone with no common sense who's bad at making obvious connections... at least I hope, as the alternative would merit a call to CPS.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

I see that all the time and i'm trying to get my brain around the mentality of the sort of person who wants me to "swipe right" on their fukkin' eight year old.

or when their profile has something RIP nana or papa in it.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

Otisburg posted:

Hah, that's a good point, forcing someone to "reject" an innocent kid via the same machine they use to say "nope" to ugly people is kind of a hosed up and cruel psychological trick

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

problem is it's an app to get laid so you get a bunch of pics of girls in bikinis then some five year old kid. It's like a Jared hard drive simulator.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Otisburg posted:

so many women put pictures of pictures of their kids like as the default profile picture or just really hammer on it in their profile and it's a dealbreaker for me. not that i am against dating moms, at my age it's pretty much expected, but god drat don't involve them that way in your dating life

I mention that I have kids in my thing because it's a reasonable thing to want to know about someone one way or another and they are obv a big part of my life, but it would feel creepy af to actually put a bunch of pics and mention their names. You're not dating my kids. You may not even ever meet them, unless we end up dating for at least several months.

Well some parents do like to be involved http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/if-you-want-date-my-daughter-youre-going-have-date-50883

Risky
May 18, 2003

cyberia posted:

Oh, Tinder :allears:

And just in case you're thinking 'she can't possibly have that many kids, right':

Classic fetal alcohol syndrome on the little guy on the left.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Otisburg posted:

Guys do this too, though. I like having that instant redflag there.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Risky posted:

Classic fetal alcohol syndrome on the little guy on the left.

Is this sarcastic or actually FAS? I don't know much about FAS.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

How much do you have to care to become a professional carer?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
You know what the worst thing to see on an OKC profile is? Not a picture of someone's kids, not a direct reference to the poster's mental illness, it's this in their goddamned 'Favourite Music' field:

Seriously, nobody actually listens to this poo poo, they just have it on their iPod so they can feel superior to people who only listen to pop or whatever.

Risky
May 18, 2003

TheSpiritFox posted:

Looks like FAS to me, or could just be shitball genes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Zombie Guy posted:

Do normal people on OKC have the option to filter out any profiles that have "poly" or "pansexual" in it? Seems like an easy way to avoid a lot of train-wrecks.
The sad thing is as much as I'm not for monogamy I totally agree with this because holy poo poo the insanity I see typically.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

cyberia posted:

Seriously, nobody actually listens to this poo poo, they just have it on their iPod so they can feel superior to people who only liste to pop or whatever.

It's a close race but I'll put the pretension just ahead of "anything but rap and country." :downs:

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

TheSpiritFox posted:

When I saw that photo my throught process went "well at least her poor kids look relatively norma-oh goddamn it that little boy has FAS." then I made a most mournful face

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ElGroucho posted:

Is there an OK Cupid question that is like

"Do you identify as
A. Cis
B. Trans
C. What the gently caress is Cis?"

There's at least a "Do you believe there are more than 2 genders?" question.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

cyberia posted:

You know what the worst thing to see on an OKC profile is? Not a picture of someone's kids, not a direct reference to the poster's mental illness, it's this in their goddamned 'Favourite Music' field:

Seriously, nobody actually listens to this poo poo, they just have it on their iPod so they can feel superior to people who only listen to pop or whatever.

Clearly, people who claim to like different things than I do are putting on airs.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Zen Punk posted:

Clearly, people who claim to like different things than I do are putting on airs.

Well every girl I've ever gone out with that claims to listen to this indie / classic rock / blues melange, when questioned, has admitted that they pretty much don't actually listen to music and, invariably, can't actually name the last song they listened to or what their most recent 'favourite' song was.

I realise this sounds spergy and goony as hell but I loving love a lot of different types of music and would be happy to talk about how great Neutral Milk Hotel or Aretha Franklin are if the person actually knew anything about them but they don't; they're just name-checking a bunch of crap from their iTunes so they sound worldly and well-rounded.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

cyberia posted:

Actually lots of people do.

Also people who only listen to pop are scum, it's like people who only eat french fries

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

cyberia posted:

Seriously, nobody actually listens to this poo poo,

Maybe they do and maybe they don't but nobody who values their time reads those stupid lists. Thing is, either you are passionate about one or a handful of artists/bands, in which case they deserve a sentence or two, not an index in a list, or you're not, in which case you can just write a few sentences about your favorite genres. Either way, I don't understand what the point of these lists is except as an attempt to make people not read them.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hi single men my name is NATALIE I never been married with no kids and I don't drink alcohol and wine and I don't smoke and I do live on my own but I do have got a pet is cockatiel is male and his name is PAULIE. I just started my new part time job is hospitality at 25/5/2015 and my working days is Mondays and Tuesdays I start work about 8am until 15:00pm but I do get the taxi take me to my work and take me back home after my work because I don't drive ok. I never want no big beer drinker and non smoker & i'm looking for in relationship & engaged & marriage and if I do find right man we will doing to do is exercise to be fit together & we will be very happy and normal couples. I never ever not interested with no night clubs at the pubs & no AFL & no car racing & no fishing & no camping & no webcam sex & no playing mind games & no liars males are acting like the teenager & no age of early 20's & early 30's but the age I really do need is 39 to 51 year old ok. I never don't want no overweight weight fully hairy body men & I never ever not interested having sex with me for free ok because we want go on our first date so we will know more about each other first before we going to next step ok. I never ever not interested to take my fully naked photos to send on the internet & on the mobiles & I never ever don't want talking about my down below & my breast & my butt if you are going to talk about that I really going to block & delete you forever THATS YOUR FIRST & LAST WARNING TO YOU!!!!!!!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

ElGroucho posted:

I like that these people don't realize their tendency to become instantly offended has lead them to the cesspool of dating that is the internet, where the cycle repeats forever.

This is why i read this thread every day, and why it is the gift that keeps on giving!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Breetai posted:

Hi single men my name is NATALIE I never been married with no kids and I don't drink alcohol and wine and I don't smoke and I do live on my own but I do have got a pet is cockatiel is male and his name is PAULIE. I just started my new part time job is hospitality at 25/5/2015 and my working days is Mondays and Tuesdays I start work about 8am until 15:00pm but I do get the taxi take me to my work and take me back home after my work because I don't drive ok. I never want no big beer drinker and non smoker & i'm looking for in relationship & engaged & marriage and if I do find right man we will doing to do is exercise to be fit together & we will be very happy and normal couples. I never ever not interested with no night clubs at the pubs & no AFL & no car racing & no fishing & no camping & no webcam sex & no playing mind games & no liars males are acting like the teenager & no age of early 20's & early 30's but the age I really do need is 39 to 51 year old ok. I never don't want no overweight weight fully hairy body men & I never ever not interested having sex with me for free ok because we want go on our first date so we will know more about each other first before we going to next step ok. I never ever not interested to take my fully naked photos to send on the internet & on the mobiles & I never ever don't want talking about my down below & my breast & my butt if you are going to talk about that I really going to block & delete you forever THATS YOUR FIRST & LAST WARNING TO YOU!!!!!!!!

"I never ever don't want talking about my down below & my breast & my butt"

Can someone translate this from White Trash to English for me?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ripoff posted:

"I never ever don't want talking about my down below & my breast & my butt"

Can someone translate this from White Trash to English for me?

Don't talk about her fupa

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Don't talk about her fupa

Never don't talk about it, so always talk about it I guess.

quote:

I never don't want no overweight weight fully hairy body men

I think this means she want's hairy overweight men, or maybe not, I'm not sure.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Date Her?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Breetai posted:

I never ever not interested with no night clubs at the pubs & no AFL & no car racing & no fishing & no camping & no webcam sex & no playing mind games & no liars males are acting like the teenager & no age of early 20's & early 30's but the age I really do need is 39 to 51 year old ok. I never don't want no overweight weight fully hairy body men & I never ever not interested having sex with me for free ok because we want go on our first date so we will know more about each other first before we going to next step ok. I never ever not interested to take my fully naked photos to send on the internet & on the mobiles & I never ever don't want talking about my down below & my breast & my butt if you are going to talk about that I really going to block & delete you forever THATS YOUR FIRST & LAST WARNING TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Oh Jesus, the double, triple and quadruple negatives are killing me here.

It's like she did a find-replace from "'m" to " never ever".

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Breetai posted:

Is that Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Am I allowed to talk about her nose?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

looks like aatrek tbh, which makes the never don't want no old hairy men thing sound about right I guess

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

Hi single men my name is NATALIE I never been married with no kids and I don't drink alcohol and wine and I don't smoke and I do live on my own but I do have got a pet is cockatiel is male and his name is PAULIE.

Sweet 'Tiel.

Bored posted:

Guys do this too, though. I like having that instant redflag there.

hosed up if true, guys should really know better. I mean, women should too but there aren't any guys out there that genuinely think they can just do whatever and get laid (there are guys who say this but that's different).

raton fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 27, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I honestly can't comprehend how a person like that comes into existence. The circumstances that would lead to such a person just don't seem like they would make any sense at all. How did it happen? It's actually upsetting if you think about it too hard.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hobohemian posted:

I honestly can't comprehend how a person like that comes into existence. The circumstances that would lead to such a person just don't seem like they would make any sense at all. How did it happen? It's actually upsetting if you think about it too hard.

You see, when two very ugly and broken people realize they want to find out what sex is like, they end up making one of these.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

I ran into a lot of people like that in group homes and state assisted living facilities and things like that as a paramedic. They usually have actual real life mental problems. Not so bad that they can't work in a factory or in the back of a McDonalds or something, but bad enough that if they enter a real world where once in a while it's knives out in some sense they get ground up. Just like functional people some of them are assholes and some of them are good people.

That lady is an undateable pile but her bird is in good shape and I bet she's nice to it. That alone probably makes her a better person than some of the girls I've boned.

Still not dating her though.

95% of my success in life comes not from hard work but having an okay head start and normal brain chemistry.

raton fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 27, 2015

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
More OKCupid horror stories: 3 men jailed for separate sex assaults of 12-year-old girl from OKCupid dating website
http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/men-jailed-for-separate-sex-assaults-of--year-old/article_9bc07c42-3456-11e5-acae-b7b3d5804e78.html

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

cyberia posted:

Well every girl I've ever gone out with that claims to listen to this indie / classic rock / blues melange, when questioned, has admitted that they pretty much don't actually listen to music and, invariably, can't actually name the last song they listened to or what their most recent 'favourite' song was.

I realise this sounds spergy and goony as hell but I loving love a lot of different types of music and would be happy to talk about how great Neutral Milk Hotel or Aretha Franklin are if the person actually knew anything about them but they don't; they're just name-checking a bunch of crap from their iTunes so they sound worldly and well-rounded.
It's like people who claim to like literature, list stuff from their high school summer essays, and then when you try to talk to them about books the only thing they've read in years is game of thrones, harry potter, or twilight.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Breetai posted:

Is that Rollo from Vikings on her upper arm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Risky posted:

Is that Rollo from Vikings on her upper arm lol

Pretty sure that is wrestling legend The Undertaker pre hat phase.

• Locked thread