Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That's too cute I can't handle it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks, friend sharkopath

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It has bad bootleg subs. Its OP might be the most 80s thing you see all day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tgHR1wNMQ4

Postin to find this easily after work

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

I am however wary of anyone who has watched a specific anim over 10 times

I could watch something that many times if I was sharing it with someone that's never seen it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I watched Madoka after seeing people act like it was the second coming and was left disappointed.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

Postin to find this easily after work

All of it is on youtube, so you don't have to download the 30 gb .wmv torrent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zh3IJjjd7w

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I would like to extend an open invitation for the right honorable Lord Justice to make a post in the relevant thread which details the subtext of the intricate love triangle between Wakako, fried chicken and beer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I watched Madoka after seeing people act like it was the second coming and was left disappointed.

The show is ok but Rebellion is fantastic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

Actually looking back I might have seen the original FMA that many times. Used to have it in the background somewhat frequently while multitasking.
let me tell you, multitasking is not the word i saw when i glanced over this post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also madoka is one of my favorite animes ever made and i still dont think its as good as people act like it is

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

.jpg posted:

I would like to extend an open invitation for the right honorable Lord Justice to make a post in the relevant thread which details the subtext of the intricate love triangle between Wakako, fried chicken and beer.

meat skin meat skin meat skin

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Madoka is one of my all time favorite pieces of storytelling. Which is why i completely avoid the thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

The show is ok but Rebellion is fantastic.

I never saw Rebellion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

also madoka is one of my favorite animes ever made and i still dont think its as good as people act like it is

Same here

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I prolly would have liked the show more if I went it blind tho because reading tons of words about how revolutionary it is, and how it does things no other anime has ever done, colored my perception so much that I ended up nitpicking alot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rebellion is worth watching just for the homura vs mami fight. it's insanely good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I never saw Rebellion.

My hot tip of the day would be to watch Rebellion, because it's fantastic.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

What's that preferred method to watch wakako zake or whatever its called
I just realized i hadnt seen it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im hype for chief waifu to come and own me for all the poo poo posting I've done while he was away being a productive member of society

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I could watch something that many times if I was sharing it with someone that's never seen it.
I showed a lot of people Rebellion. It was a lot of fun and talking about the movie afterward was great.

Never had someone get mad at the ending though, where do those people come from?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In Training posted:

My hot tip of the day would be to watch Rebellion, because it's fantastic.

Do you need to watch the first two movies?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

rebellion is worth watching just for the homura vs mami fight. it's insanely good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I prolly would have liked the show more if I went it blind tho because reading tons of words about how revolutionary it is, and how it does things no other anime has ever done, colored my perception so much that I ended up nitpicking alot.

I went in blind and I really liked it.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

everythingWasBees posted:

With your eyes probably... Maybe with your feet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I showed a lot of people Rebellion. It was a lot of fun and talking about the movie afterward was great.

Never had someone get mad at the ending though, where do those people come from?
mostly people assuming homura was completely pure and righteous in the show

even tho she did freaky poo poo like try and kill sayaka, or the part where madoka is super confident and happy in the first timeline but is a neurotic mess in the show's timeline. because of homura.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody is licensed it so I just got the torrents from Nyaa. The guy who is subbing it went on vacation though and episode 3 has some SERIOUS translation issues.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you haven;t seen the series yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're just recaps of the show, so not unless you haven't seen the show. i guess if you wanted a refresher they'd be faster than rewatching the anime.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

Im hype for chief waifu to come and own me for all the poo poo posting I've done while he was away being a productive member of society

loving normie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yee

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Why would he need to, when you're always owning yourself?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

thank you, sharkopath, for posting this thing

it was a good thing

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Twiddy posted:

I was disappointed we never really got a chance to see the wraiths in action.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the show but I kinda want to watch the recap movies since it's been so long and I don't remember who everyone is. I mostly just remember the end made me cry but that doesn't mean a lot because I cry over all sorts of dumb poo poo that I watch.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

:filez: mainly.

Look for Mori Subs.

In Training posted:

Nobody is licensed it so I just got the torrents from Nyaa. The guy who is subbing it went on vacation though and episode 3 has some SERIOUS translation issues.

So yeah. Might want to hold off for another week or two until the guy comes back.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

they're just recaps of the show, so not unless you haven't seen the show. i guess if you wanted a refresher they'd be faster than rewatching the anime.

Namtab posted:

If you haven;t seen the series yes

Then unless there's some really fun deviation like in the eva movies ill probably pass. Ty.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah that was always weird because while Madoka's great, it's all about the execution. Just really well put together and flows like water.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Madoka is win.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

I watched the show but I kinda want to watch the recap movies since it's been so long and I don't remember who everyone is. I mostly just remember the end made me cry but that doesn't mean a lot because I cry over all sorts of dumb poo poo that I watch.

madoka: jesus
homura: satan
sayaka: the best around
blondie: rip
redhead: a loose cannon but a drat good cop
that one other girl without powers: useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

I see that ending so much now I'm actually kind of pissed about it

• Locked thread