Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

stoutfish posted:

berine sanders will pass legistation to recognize our anime marriage

sever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chris Christie posted:

LOL. I believe Donald Trump is an egomaniac and an rear end-hole but this is just a transparent media hit-job using decades old divorce b.s.

Every single divorced man in America has had the pleasure of having absurd lies thrown at them, lies that are mysteriously retracted once the angry divorcee gets a huge chunk their ex's assets and future earnings.

I can easily see a good bump from this. Lends 100% credibility to all his bemoaning of the media being liars and frauds.

So you're saying Trump has a way to shut that whole thing down?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

Only if he has a female body

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Imagine if Hillz or some DNC operative pushed it anonymously in order to make Trump start throwing haymakers at everyone in the GOP primary.

As opposed to what he's doing now, which is...throwing haymakers at everyone in the GOP primary?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

TheScott2K posted:

That's actually the name of his PTSD-addled dog

No that's My Little Cuckabee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alter Ego posted:

As opposed to what he's doing now, which is...throwing haymakers at everyone in the GOP primary?

Right now he's just a manure spreader in a windstorm and hasn't started buying attack ads or holding "yo, gently caress this guy" events where he just drops sick burns on one person for 45 minutes.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I can't wait for him to light up twitter in a few minutes when he gets off Hannity.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

Say hello to the hot new word that's sweeping the right-wing twitterverse:

what will /pol/ do next

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Hahahahaha.

Well played.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

My Cuckabee

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Why are you defending the man destroying your beloved party?

Because it deserves to be burned to the ground.

Obviously I do NOT share the prevailing view among the left that it's destruction = losing the general election and Hillary winning. Also I obviously think the Democratic party needs to be destroyed even more.

I think people who think he only plays to the GOP and won't be able to shake things up within a general electorate are sorely mistaken.

IF he actually ended up being capable of winning the primary, I think he'd be capable of winning the general as well. Obviously neither is very likely though.

And honestly there's the spectacle of it all. Like that Onion article - I really do want to see how far he can go, and if he can actually take down titans like Bush and Clinton.

Those people are corrupt scum and Donald Trump is literally a better human being. It's easy to forgive him for being despicable if he's using his powers to poo poo all over people who are even more despicable.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chris Christie posted:

Obviously I do NOT share the prevailing view among the left that it's destruction = losing the general election and Hillary winning. Also I obviously think the Democratic party needs to be destroyed even more.

I think people who think he only plays to the GOP and won't be able to shake things up within a general electorate are sorely mistaken.

IF he actually ended up being capable of winning the primary, I think he'd be capable of winning the general as well. Obviously neither is very likely though.

And honestly there's the spectacle of it all. Like that Onion article - I really do want to see how far he can go, and if he can actually take down titans like Bush and Clinton.

Those people are corrupt scum and Donald Trump is literally a better human being. It's easy to forgive him for being despicable if he's using his powers to poo poo all over people who are even more despicable.

So Ozymandias is at the top of your "5 favorite heroes" list?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Chris Christie posted:

IF he actually ended up being capable of winning the primary, I think he'd be capable of winning the general as well.

While he has an outside shot at destroying your party (which may actually be his real intent, based on his actions). He has a literally 0% chance at winning the general. Last poll I saw had Hillary beating Trump by like 25 points. Something like 61% of people say they would "never, ever" vote for him.

Hillary could screen a tape of her murdering Vince Foster at the Democratic convention and still win by 5 points.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Get out of the goddamn Goat motherfucker.

edit: it's not like that's a sacred bar it's just a five second walk from where I work and the thought that he is there annoys me.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump sold an apartment in Manhattan today for $21m. One of the questions about his wealth in this campaign is that much of it is illiquid or outright fabricated, so it was unclear how much cash on hand he'd have for campaigning.

He's now got $21m more than he did yesterday.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Trump sold an apartment in Manhattan today for $21m. One of the questions about his wealth in this campaign is that much of it is illiquid or outright fabricated, so it was unclear how much cash on hand he'd have for campaigning.

He's now got $21m more than he did yesterday.

Sold from his ownership or just sold from a building with his name on it? If the latter it's likely a fraction of that $21m going into his coffers.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

stoutfish posted:

berine sanders will pass legistation to recognize our anime marriage

The true end of the slippery slope of gay marriage.

Rush was right.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FAUXTON posted:

Sold from his ownership or just sold from a building with his name on it? If the latter it's likely a fraction of that $21m going into his coffers.

From his ownership, apparently, though Ivanka denies this has anything to do with the campaign.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lord of Pie posted:

Only if he has a female body

Well, he is married.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Never thought I'd read the phrase "Donald Trump is literally a better human being." in my life yet here we are.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Never thought I'd read the phrase "Donald Trump is literally a better human being." in my life yet here we are.

He hasn't announced anschluss quite yet so in the immortal words of some idiot, "he's not wrong."

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Joementum posted:

From his ownership, apparently, though Ivanka denies this has anything to do with the campaign.

So, he sold a $35 million property for $21 million? What a deal-maker.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AsInHowe posted:

So, he sold a $35 million property for $21 million? What a deal-maker.

Well once it leaves the Trump Brand there's obviously going to be a drop in value. The fact he convinced the new owner it's only a 40% depreciation shows what a good negotiator he is.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If this was real, it got deleted fast. Trump is such a scumbag.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Serious question: Are there literally any Republican candidates who are not repellant human beings?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Spacebump posted:

If this was real, it got deleted fast. Trump is such a scumbag.

Yeah it was deleted pretty quick when he wrote it back in April.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Astrofig posted:

Serious question: Are there literally any Republican candidates who are not repellant human beings?

Depends on your definition, but the best you've got this year is Graham. So the short answer is 'no.'

John Huntsman gave it a good try last cycle, and it got him roundly reviled by the GOP. The party seems to reward being as awful as possible.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Astrofig posted:

Ben Carson apparently helped other human beings with neurosurgery and got his wealth that way.

Chris Christie posted:

Ah but what if - what if! - What if, if you'll humor me -

What if Trump might possibly maybe hypothetically consider at some point doing something that would resemble or come near to coming after your guns?

Here we are, Trump reveals self as secret gun grabber:

quote:

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

:razz:

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Is this real?

No lines left uncrossed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It was real, he deleted it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'm honestly not sure what Trump could say at this point that would take him out of the race as long as he can maintain his ego. Really I see two ways his lead dies

1) Someone drops some sick burns to his face and he looks visibly shaken and small. Obama managed this at the correspondent's dinner but it was the perfect venue because of the audience and the format not allowing Trump to fight back

2) His support caps out at a certain percent and he stays stagnant at around his current level as other candidates gobble up supporters from other candidates as they fall out of the race.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

magiccarpet posted:

I can't wait for him to light up twitter in a few minutes when he gets off Hannity.

Is Hannity getting close? Heavy breathing at least?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Paper With Lines posted:

god damnit, Trump's lawyer sounds like a movie character.

Well now we have Mr Trump's lawyer on the line!

https://youtu.be/p1uQ3SQEPko?t=85

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Nessus posted:

Ben Carson apparently helped other human beings with neurosurgery and got his wealth that way.

Yeah Carson's an rear end in a top hat but he has at least made positive contributions to society.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

This was from April 2015. It was real, then deleted

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/donald-trump-deletes-offensive-hillary-clinton-tweet-after-blaming-it-on-a-staff-member/

quote:

According to a Trump spokesperson, “It was retweeted by one of 10 staff members” who handle Trump’s social media. “As soon as Mr. Trump saw the tweet, he deleted it.”

In subsequent tweets, Trump did not apologize or mention the deletion.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Astrofig posted:

John Kasich maybe? I don't think Rubio's done anything egregiously abhorrent either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Astrofig posted:

Only the ones who haven't been able to shout loud enough to be heard over the Trumpeting.

• Locked thread