Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So this is probably obvious but (Major Spoiler) isn't the first time we see Ghost Doe, it's right over where Rachel is buried?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

pog boyfriend posted:

i interpreted it as rachel being the ghost doe all along and she was guiding max and chloe just like chloe always said

That was one of my theories, yeah, and now that she's been found it's gone for good. But I don't know, I feel it could also tie with the various Native American references we've been shown throughout the game and how Man is loving everything up. Why would it show up in Max's dream at the lighthouse if it was only connected to Rachel? I'm thinking it may be some sort of higher power with its own agenda. I know zero about Native American mythology so I can't develop this idea any further, but the huge-rear end storm hurling towards a dying, rotting city is pretty solid evidence of divine cleansing. Where the Doe fits in all this, however, I'm not sure. It's helping Max, that much is certain, so maybe it wants to prevent the cataclysm? Could be a Jesus type of figure, one who forgives Mankind's sins and offers a second chance instead of wiping the slate clean.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

They should've called Frank when they found Rachel.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

So this is probably obvious but (Major Spoiler) isn't the first time we see Ghost Doe, it's right over where Rachel is buried?

I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS NOW

thanks jerk.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone know how to take a picture of the windmill? I assume it's supposed to be the one next to the Prescott barn but I never got any prompts to show up for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So here's something from Episode 1 that's super important in Episode 4. Don't click unless you've seen the ending of 4 Link

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So here's something from Episode 1 that's super important in Episode 4. Don't click unless you've seen the ending of 4 Link

I need that version of :stare: that keeps growing bigger.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I like how this went from a fun, kind of hipstery storygame to being an insane cross between Robin Williams' "24-Hour Photo" and "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"

The next couple of months waiting will be too much. I can't do it. I need to finish this story.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

You've gotta hand it to DONTNOD, they really know how to write a good cliffhanger. :catstare:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So October 11 is almost guaranteed to be the release date for the finale right? seems too obvious a choice to not try for

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That was the best episode yet, wow. :stare:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah that was by far the best episode yet.

Spent the last 6+ hours streaming ep 4 twice, with two different playstyles.

I want to play it again, but I know doing so wont make the hurt hurt less :(

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo that ending. :stare:

Zerilan posted:

I need that version of :stare: that keeps growing bigger.

SirSamVimes posted:

That was the best episode yet, wow. :stare:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Life Is Strange: :stare:

That was quite the episode, from helping alt-Chloe commit suicide, to having my first try with Frank end with Chloe killing Frank and the dog :stonk:, to Nathan's room only missing the photo collage of women on the wall with colored string connecting them, to the hell bunker, to the reveal of Mr. Jefferson dragging Max into the hell bunker How am I supposed to wait this long?

Also this episode seemed like the longest yet, it took me 4+ hours and I gave up trying to exhaust all the dialogue at the Vortex party.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I got a solid five hours out of it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Goddamn that ending. Waiting for the finale is gonna suck after that.

I love how everything that happened at the end was something you could take an accurate guess at if you paid attention to the what the teacher said in episode 1 and how after immediately talking to him Kate went to jump. As soon as I saw the film set it was pretty much confirmed in my mind that Jefferson was the guy behind it all. I just don't understand how it's all linked to the storm though and how something like that could possibly be prevented in any way with the way things are going. Stuff to look forward to I guess

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I feel like the storm allows for max to find out about jefferson's bullshit, however it will result in chloe having to die.

It's getting very butterfly effect in that nothing Max does prevents chloe from dying. All she does is delay the inevitable. Chloe is fated to die and there is nothing she can do to stop it (to my dismay)

Likely, ending of the game will be confronting jefferson, and realizing that she can prevent all these girls from being injured in the future from this predator, or she can save chloe forever, week after week until she goes insane.

On a different topic, that trailer was a troll.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
That ending. :stare:

And some endgame weirdness: What's up with the double moons? Realities colliding?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a theory going around that Jefferson is actually a Prescott, more specifically, Nathan's father.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

im gay posted:

There's a theory going around that Jefferson is actually a Prescott, more specifically, Nathan's father.

Yeah, that's my suspicion as well. "Don't say my name in public."

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I feel like the storm allows for max to find out about jefferson's bullshit, however it will result in chloe having to die.

It's getting very butterfly effect in that nothing Max does prevents chloe from dying. All she does is delay the inevitable. Chloe is fated to die and there is nothing she can do to stop it (to my dismay)

Likely, ending of the game will be confronting jefferson, and realizing that she can prevent all these girls from being injured in the future from this predator, or she can save chloe forever, week after week until she goes insane.

On a different topic, that trailer was a troll.

Ugh, Going to be really unhappy if there at least isn't a best ending where it's possible to save Chloe. Butterfly effect-esque no matter how much you try and change the past you can't save this person style poo poo is probably the most overdone time travel trope.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Surprised to see no mention of the "hella" burn from alt-Chloe. :D

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Zerilan posted:

Ugh, Going to be really unhappy if there at least isn't a best ending where it's possible to save Chloe. Butterfly effect-esque no matter how much you try and change the past you can't save this person style poo poo is probably the most overdone time travel trope.

I just want to be able to get a happy ending. I feel like I've been playing a lot of games with dark and depressing endings, it's actually been kind of bumming me out. :smith:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Did anyone actually get the statement about the storm is coming?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

im gay posted:

You'll have to explain that one because that makes zero sense whatsoever to me

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

fuckkkk that ending, I'm too hyped for episode 5.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Welp, just finished it.

:sludgepal:

I like how everything came together, and I thought the reveal was an amazing punch in the dick. I knew something was wrong with him, but I never really suspected him as the killer.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

yeah, I picked up on stuff like that on my second playthrough , and I remember the posters of his work were all very weird and dark.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Jesus CHRIST. :stare:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm actually literally shaking irl. :stare:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Ekusukariba posted:

You'll have to explain that one because that makes zero sense whatsoever to me

Reddit post but it explains it better than I could have. Just speculation but that entire bunker scene seems odd. http://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3euxnt/ep4_spoilers_who_really_is/

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
So if Kate's dead, what happens instead of visiting Kate in the hospital?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Rincewind posted:

So if Kate's dead, what happens instead of visiting Kate in the hospital?

I'm waiting for someone to post to that effect, and also someone who suspected Jefferson throughout their run, instead of Nathan.

Man, though. That ending is something, but the opening was a fair something too. Sweet! Blade Runner! Assisted suicide. Not sweet. It was a tough choice.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

im gay posted:

Reddit post but it explains it better than I could have. Just speculation but that entire bunker scene seems odd. http://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3euxnt/ep4_spoilers_who_really_is/

Sounds like a terrible theory and the guy is obviously grasping at straws like Disregarding the photo of Nathan and his Dad, brushing off the fact that several characters have mentioned meeting his dad and saying they met a "stand-in", and honestly what would the point be? Like "Jefferson is the bad guy dunt dunt duh.... and he's also Nathan's dad for some reason dunt dunt duh" it adds nothing to the story except making it convoluted, like "the nice guy famous photographer teacher who isn't actually nice is also the guy who's buying up all the property in the city over the past few years"

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I suppose Jefferson being behind this isn't that surprising, but drat if that still wasn't an effective reveal :staredog:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So thinking more on it there's one thing that really bothers me. Jefferson is at the party hanging out and announcing the winner and stuff. You and Chloe book it shortly after while he hangs around. There's literally no downtime before you get to the junkyard so how the hell does he beat you there to ambush you?

Also theory on the big paranormal thing in this episode The two moons are strange but it seems like Max is the only one who really saw it. When there was a eclipse Max lost her ability to rewind- maybe having two moons means that there's a second rewind capable person.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He could have a faster car than that truck.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So thinking more on it there's one thing that really bothers me. Jefferson is at the party hanging out and announcing the winner and stuff. You and Chloe book it shortly after while he hangs around. There's literally no downtime before you get to the junkyard so how the hell does he beat you there to ambush you?

Also theory on the big paranormal thing in this episode The two moons are strange but it seems like Max is the only one who really saw it. When there was a eclipse Max lost her ability to rewind- maybe having two moons means that there's a second rewind capable person.

One of the background characters during the scene outside the party mentions seeing the two moons .

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doesn't Warren refer to it too?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SirSamVimes posted:

Doesn't Warren refer to it too?

He might of, I just remember in the party one of the girls is like "haha you're crazy if that really happened I'd be worried."

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Prescotts going after a Mr. Lyndon in an old letter and having an expose written about them by a Mr. Kennedy yeah ok game I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So out of curiosity, was anyone here scummy enough to not warn Victoria?

Also, for anyone who didn't befriend Courtney, how did you get into the VIP area?

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 28, 2015

• Locked thread