Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ephex posted:

Vidal to Bayern is a done deal, he's gonna be presented in the Allianz Arena at 15:30.

That is a good signing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

interesting Villa were supposed to spend all of their money on poo poo English people, and bought a load of French people named Jordan instead

i get the feeling we're going through a contacts list now trying to sign people

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Arsenal fanfic continues with Spanish papers reporting Wenger apparently wants to put in a bid for Sergio Bisquick from Barcelona.

Delighted as I'd be to see my favorite DM come and dive for the Gunners, there's zero chance Barca will give him up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Tasty rumor that...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hardflip posted:

i get the feeling we're going through a contacts list now trying to sign people
according to my Ligue 1 contacts the Amavi guy is genuinely good and no one knows what to expect from Ayew

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

ephex posted:

Vidal to Bayern is a done deal, he's gonna be presented in the Allianz Arena at 15:30.

Arturo is gonna have fun on the Autobahn

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

He has signed a four-year contract.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 28, 2015

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benzema is not traveling with the rest of the team to China so let us speculate wildly.

He's off to Stoke.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Felipe Luis to Atletico Madrid is a done deal.

I wonder how much Chelsea lost on this one-year loan?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Swansea City have told Crystal Palace Ashley Williams is not for sale after the Eagles attempted to lure the Wales star away from the Liberty Stadium.

Palace boss Alan Pardew has been linked for some time with a £10m-plus summer move for skipper Williams as he bids to boost his squad at Selhurst Park ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

And it is thought he has made enquiries about securing a deal for the 30-year-old to partner Scott Dann at centre-back

Ash must be gutted lol.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Myssu posted:

I wonder how much Chelsea lost on this one-year loan?

About 5 million. Not sure what the point was, I guess Azpi at RB but Ivanovich was good so he played LB and Luis couldn't crack the squad.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Akileese posted:

Benzema is not traveling with the rest of the team to China so let us speculate wildly.

"Instead of going with them, the 27-year-old was flying solo on a private plane and wrote [on his Instagram]: "Let the past remain the past," with a hashtag roughly translated as #lookingtothefuture."

Probably an epic troll, but a bit strange if not...

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why the hell are they paying 8 million for a championship player

He was a Prem player up until a few months ago, but regardless thats what Championship players go for these days. Tyrone Mings went for £8m and he's never played in the Prem, Ross McCormack went for £14m to another Championship side, Jordan Rhodes being talked up for a £13m move.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich are paying £1.25m for the privilege of taking Andre Wisdom on loan for a year

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

Norwich are paying £1.25m for the privilege of taking Andre Wisdom on loan for a year

You're welcome.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

These teammates are both 29 years old.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Charlie Adam is ghoulish

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

:siren: Adebayor is in the Midlands :siren:

Also we signed crespo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If Villa get the usual half season of good Adebayor they'll probably stay up

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Got a lot of time for Emmanuel adebayor and his troubled past/present

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Reports that United won't be signing any (more) defenders, including Otamendi, if they don't get Ramos (who in turn is likely to sign a new contract).

Madness. I don't think I can take another season of that shaky defence.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why uhm, didn't Man Utd sign Vidal instead of old man Schweinsteiger?

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Breath Ray posted:

Got a lot of time for Emmanuel adebayor and his troubled past/present

It's his troubled future that's worrying villa fans!!!!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Why uhm, didn't Man Utd sign Vidal instead of old man Schweinsteiger?

Drunk driving is okay in Germany. It's not okay in England.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Reports that United won't be signing any (more) defenders, including Otamendi, if they don't get Ramos (who in turn is likely to sign a new contract).

Madness. I don't think I can take another season of that shaky defence.

LVG only wants top class, he says. Maybe we'll get one next summer. I'm not too bothered. It's not like we have a serious chance of winning the league or the CL this season. I'll be happy with 3rd. :shobon:

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

PirateBob posted:

LVG only wants top class, he says. Maybe we'll get one next summer. I'm not too bothered. It's not like we have a serious chance of winning the league or the CL this season. I'll be happy with 3rd. :shobon:

small time mentality, a manchester united fan being happy with 3rd lol the new arsenal fans all over again

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Shaqiri has turned down Schalke. His agent insists the problem isn't on his client's side though. Jesus christ.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

PirateBob posted:

City built a good defense (up until last season) with cheap players like Zabaleta, Clichy and Kompany. Chelsea did the same with Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpilicueta. Arsenal looked good despite a bad GK with bargains like Kosc, Per, Debuchy and Gibbs.

Why can't LVG and Man Utd do the same?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

TelekineticBear! posted:

small time mentality, a manchester united fan being happy with 3rd lol the new arsenal fans all over again

Even if the fans are happy the Glazers won't be, they haven't generously and benevolently assembled the world's most expensive football team to claim 3rd place. Their extraordinary patience with Van Gaal can't last forever.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Diaby to Marseille is Done Deal

@OM_Officiel: Accord de principe pour Abou Diaby #MercatOM
http://t.co/COieR3Pnyf

#TeamOM http://t.co/7IkEuxVUXt

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

julian assflange posted:

That is a good signing.

not really, he's old

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Hibs have just released a statement that they won't sell Scott Allan to Rangers despite him handing in a transfer request and would rather let him run down 6 months on his contract in the reserves - despite him being the PFA Young Player of the season in Scotland last year - because Alan Stubbs is throwing a paddy.

quote:

In the face of continued media interest, Hibernian Football Club can confirm that Scott Allan has today handed in a written transfer request.

This comes on the back of two unwelcome and uninvited approaches from Rangers FC regarding Scott, the first for £175,000 and the second for £225,000.

Hibernian FC has refused both bids because the Club has no wish to transfer a valuable player to strengthen a major rival in the battle to win the Championship and gain promotion to the Premiership.

Hibernian’s position has not changed. The player will not be sold to Rangers.

'unwelcome bids' have no place in negotiating the sale of players in football. :lol:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I wouldn't be worried about United's defence if their best players stay fit and in the team.

Unfortunately they will get injured and, no joke, Van Gaal has started with Blind at centre back in every pre-season game so far.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

City built a good defense (up until last season) with cheap players like Zabaleta, Clichy and Kompany. Chelsea did the same with Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpilicueta. Arsenal looked good despite a bad GK with bargains like Kosc, Per, Debuchy and Gibbs.

Why can't LVG and Man Utd do the same?

I don't know, maybe it's really difficult. If City could have done that last summer they wouldn't have wasted £42m on Mangala. Utd did it with Vidic and Evra but that was almost 10 years ago. Darmian looks like good value in today's market. Smalling cost something like £6m rising to £10m so he was a pretty good buy.

But if you're going to win the title you need something that almost guarantees a better defense than Utd currently have. Would Otamendi provide that, or would he be a very expensive gamble?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

I wouldn't be worried about United's defence if their best players stay fit and in the team.

Unfortunately they will get injured and, no joke, Van Gaal has started with Blind at centre back in every pre-season game so far.

His inflexible insistence on playing a left footed defender in the left CB position is the kind of nonsense that reminds me of the suspicions I had 6 months ago about LVG stumbling into a winning formula through injuries and trial and error. :eng99: Blind has looked alright in pre-season but we all know he would be dominated in the air in the PL.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 28, 2015

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Total Meatlove posted:

Hibs have just released a statement that they won't sell Scott Allan to Rangers despite him handing in a transfer request and would rather let him run down 6 months on his contract in the reserves - despite him being the PFA Young Player of the season in Scotland last year - because Alan Stubbs is throwing a paddy.

'unwelcome bids' have no place in negotiating the sale of players in football. :lol:

Bit immoral to take transfer negations in that direction in my opinion.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
The answer is Sergio loving Ramos. Make it happen Louis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Stevan Jovetic has passed his medical at Inter, deal still isn't bold yet though.

• Locked thread