Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently, whether you initiate 3D or 2D battles depends on whether you use the slider pad or d-pad, respectively.

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dragon Quest 11 was announced for PS4/3DS. Weird split.

EDIT: the 3DS version does 3D on the top screen and 2D on the bottom screen, like so:

Ok that's actually pretty cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

EDIT: the 3DS version does 3D on the top screen and 2D on the bottom screen, like so:

The way they use the two screens makes me want Valkyria Chronicles on Wii U or 3DS

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

The way they use the two screens makes me want Valkyria Chronicles on Wii U or 3DS

But you got STEAM for the 3DS, surely that's enough. :v:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

That's cool as hell but I wonder how it would work, given that 2D planes are totally different from 3D.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So I just picked up MH4U and I see there loads of downloadable quests. Should I just grab them all now or wait until I'm a little ways in first?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

So I just picked up MH4U and I see there loads of downloadable quests. Should I just grab them all now or wait until I'm a little ways in first?

Download them all. No point in waiting to download them. You can tackle them when you're ready.

DQXI looks amazing. The use of the 3DS is pretty inventive.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Yeah, the use of the screens is really cool. I love that you can flip back and forth to 3D or 2D battles depending on which control option you use.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Are you ever going to want to use the 2D stuff though? It's like Dark Spire on the DS, where you could choose to make it look like an Apple 2 game as an appeal to nostalgia, or choose to make the art and music good instead.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Are you ever going to want to use the 2D stuff though? It's like Dark Spire on the DS, where you could choose to make it look like an Apple 2 game as an appeal to nostalgia, or choose to make the art and music good instead.

It's cool to have the option and some people might be nostalgic (like half of Japan)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Many prefer 2D to 3D.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Many prefer 2D to 3D.

Amen, brother.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I, for one, enjoy both and will likely buy Dragon Quest 11 on both PS4 and 3DS when they come overseas.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Terper posted:

Many prefer 2D to 3D.

Same, I also liked the 2d pokemons better than the current gen.

I DO, however love the 3d effect of the 3ds, some games are just better in 2d form. I wish more companies would take the sega approach of making 2d games in 3d

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Terper posted:

Many prefer 2D to 3D.

I like my women like my jrpg graphics

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Flat and From 1980's Japan?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Champeenship posted:

Apparently, whether you initiate 3D or 2D battles depends on whether you use the slider pad or d-pad, respectively.

Oh so it's just like how the Monkey Island games did the graphics switch.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Flat and From 1980's Japan?

Isometric with a dialog wheel.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Wtf where's Rhythm Heaven

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wtf where's Rhythm Heaven

We don't know! They haven't announced it for the West yet :ohdear:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NISA announced they're bringing Legend of Legacy to EU, it'll be out "winder 2016".

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

didn't that already get announced? i would have sworn it was

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i will play the dragoncraft.
if square brings it over. square please bring over dragon quest games on not-ps4. please im begginf you

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cake Attack posted:

didn't that already get announced? i would have sworn it was

You might be thinking of Stella Glow, the other Atlus-published-but-not-Atlus game that NISA is bringing over.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

majormonotone posted:

We don't know! They haven't announced it for the West yet :ohdear:

Why do they hate us

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There sure are a lot of RPGs for the 3DS.

... I should finish the ones I bought.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Psshh who buys games to play them

I have EO4, SMTIV and FE:A waiting around because I'm enjoying Animal Crossing too much. Also Olli Olli.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 29, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
For those not following the Smash thread, Smash 4 is getting an update on Friday. Both Wii U and 3DS versions are getting Mii Costumes (including: K. Rool, Chrom, and a Smash logo hoodie), and stages (including Hyrule 64 and Peach's Castle 64). Specific to the Wii U version is Tourney mode and uploading replays straight to YouTube.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

K Rool Finally Got In

Oh My God

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like that the K Rool costume looks like you killed him, decapitated him, and wore his head as a hat while using his skin as armor.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I totally can't believe you guys didn't spoiler those character names. Next thing someone will be posting about the new stages

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

noirstronaut posted:

I like that the K Rool costume looks like you killed him, decapitated him, and wore his head as a hat while using his skin as armor.

agreed, by far the best way to go about getting him in

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
is Kirby Triple Deluxe worth $35? I like the old game boy kirby games cause they are short but some of the boss fights were challenging

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's $26 on Amazon

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Abu Dave posted:

It's $26 on Amazon

hmm. ok is it worth $26?

and i have a $50 best buy gift card which is where its 35

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If you like Kirby games, it is a great Kirby game.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

is Kirby Triple Deluxe worth $35? I like the old game boy kirby games cause they are short but some of the boss fights were challenging

Yeah if you're already a Kirby fan it's loving awesome. Beyond the main game you get a cool DeDeDe mode, keychains (trophies) to collect, a rhythm minigame, and Kirby Smash Bros. I didn't have a problem paying full price for it when it came out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

jivjov posted:

For those not following the Smash thread, Smash 4 is getting an update on Friday. Both Wii U and 3DS versions are getting Mii Costumes (including: K. Rool, Chrom, and a Smash logo hoodie), and stages (including Hyrule 64 and Peach's Castle 64). Specific to the Wii U version is Tourney mode and uploading replays straight to YouTube.

Why is new stages in a fighting game a spoiler.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Srice posted:

Why is new stages in a fighting game a spoiler.

Some people prefer to be surprised. It costs me nothing to slap spoiler tags around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

jivjov posted:

Some people prefer to be surprised. It costs me nothing to slap spoiler tags around it.

Insert insult of your choice here.