Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

First heart kill on this file and first time I've ever been to Sheol...Azazel is bullsh_t anyways

Yeah, while the Bible will instantly kill Mom and Mom's Heart, don't use it on any of the bosses past the womb. It'll just instantly kill Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

shmee posted:

Do you have a Vita? If so you could always put BoI on that and then download your save. That's worked for me in the past.

I do but I don't want to update it and lose the potential for homebrew so I'm boned for the time being.

Edit: got them to pop by deleting/redownloading my save and just letting the intro run. I guess there's another way to get the trophies to show up.

Not as fun of a screenshot but I'm happy I finally have it all done and don't have to touch it on PS4 again.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 26, 2015

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

flyboi posted:

I do but I don't want to update it and lose the potential for homebrew so I'm boned for the time being.

Edit: got them to pop by deleting/redownloading my save and just letting the intro run. I guess there's another way to get the trophies to show up.

Glad you got it sorted, worth remembering if it does it to me. I tend to find trophies don't pop if you download a save from the cloud midway through a run, which I do a lot as I do runs between Vita and PS4.

BoI is frustrating on Vita though, even with the brightness at full half the time I just can't see well enough.

Edit: Well poo poo I just realised that gamma being set to 100 doesn't mean it's full brightness, you can go above that. I can see things now!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

New PB. :D

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Undefined finally gave up on me after 10 chests :rip:

Does anybody have a fully unlocked Lost and Bandage Girl save? I got everything else but after losing 3 runs in a row to Conquest I'm done with this poo poo.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Spergminer posted:

Undefined finally gave up on me after 10 chests :rip:

Does anybody have a fully unlocked Lost and Bandage Girl save? I got everything else but after losing 3 runs in a row to Conquest I'm done with this poo poo.

You can use this cheat table and get them both in a couple minutes, just use the pedestal script (instructions in cheatengine.org post) to grab 4 cubes and 4 balls on Basement 1.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5577990#5577990

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So... for literally months now, "Isaac's Heart" has not popped. I've done The Lost on two saves (PS4) and neither one gave me what I wanted. Today, as I started up the game, fuckin' trophy popped. Just right there on the title screen. I haven't done a Lost run in forever. I have no idea why the trophy gods smiled on me today, but now all I need is to round up some missing items and I can finally get RPG on the PS4 version! I never have to play The Lost again! :dance:

Are the Xbox One version's achievements making GBS threads the bed too, or do those actually work as intended? If they are, it will be the first time an Isaac game hasn't had tremendous achievement/trophy problems.

flyboi posted:

This is an interesting thing to read, because the intro was playing in the background as I tabbed out of game to start streaming. Maybe letting the intro run is secretly the trigger for these things? I'll have to keep that in mind if Platinum God/Real Platinum God don't take immediately.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

You can use this cheat table and get them both in a couple minutes, just use the pedestal script (instructions in cheatengine.org post) to grab 4 cubes and 4 balls on Basement 1.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5577990#5577990

I can't figure out how to unlock the Lost items, there's only a "unlock Lost character" option and I did that a while ago. At least I got the good bandage now :sotw:

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Spergminer posted:

I can't figure out how to unlock the Lost items, there's only a "unlock Lost character" option and I did that a while ago. At least I got the good bandage now :sotw:

Oh I misread that as Meat Boy and Bandage Girl. Here's an RPG save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_VvVnv6CWSkMl92WDI3RmFWc1k/view?usp=sharing

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

Oh I misread that as Meat Boy and Bandage Girl. Here's an RPG save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_VvVnv6CWSkMl92WDI3RmFWc1k/view?usp=sharing

I just gave myself sacred heart, holy mantle, stopwatch, deaths touch, all that jazz and then oneshot everything as the Lost. That was extremely satisfying.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

First heart kill on this file and first time I've ever been to Sheol...Azazel is bullsh_t anyways

Wait do you mean Azazel is bullshit in the sense that he's the best character in the game?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Should I lay off the Afterbirth Updates?

This week, two of the five new champion types: Pulsing Green

And itty-bitty

You'll be able to combine the goofy special seeds, and once you've entered a seed once it will appear on a menu so you may toggle it on or off.

And our favorite game about horribly abused naked kids, suicidal themes, and poop is getting a Japanese PS4/Vita localization

as "The Legend of Isaac"

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

IMJack posted:

Hell no, I appreciate you linking them.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

IMJack posted:

No, I appreciate them too, since this is where I get almost all of my BoI info.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IMJack posted:

I appreciate them, personally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Adding my own appreciation.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Please keep with the updates.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Is there something wrong with my monitor, or are the "green pulsing" champions neither green nor pulsing?

(Also, yay Afterbirth update announcements)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I read the updates from his Twitter posts, but these forums usually point out stuff I would overlook. That and the secret stuff I don't really even try to solve usually get posted about here.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Codiekitty posted:

Is there something wrong with my monitor, or are the "green pulsing" champions neither green nor pulsing?

(Also, yay Afterbirth update announcements)

The color probably just hasn't been implemented yet.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Unlocked the Lost yesterday.

gently caress playing the Lost. :smithicide: Think I'll wait till he's updated; it's a lot of fun when you get a strong first item but otherwise its :bang:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

IMJack posted:

No, I very much appreciate them! Thank you!

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Codiekitty posted:

Nah, I think the mechanics of the monster are done, just not the art itself.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Pivotal Lever posted:

Nah, I think the mechanics of the monster are done, just not the art itself.

Eh, they look a little greener to me, and they're only not dead for a few frames.

At least these look interesting?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can't wait for the pulsing green fistula. :suicide:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pulsing Green Super Envy :unsmigghh:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

IUG posted:

Can't wait for the pulsing green fistula. :suicide:

death .cab for qt posted:

Pulsing Green Super Envy :unsmigghh:

Both of you can go get hosed for even suggesting that. :colbert:

EDIT: Man could you imagine Ultra versions of everything that isn't Pride? Like an Ultra Envy that is pulsing green constantly and just splits and splits and splits and splits, or an Ultra Sloth that has the Cricket's Body effect? Ultra Wrath, just every bomb synergie at once.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 28, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

Both of you can go get hosed for even suggesting that. :colbert:

EDIT: Man could you imagine Ultra versions of everything that isn't Pride? Like an Ultra Envy that is pulsing green constantly and just splits and splits and splits and splits, or an Ultra Sloth that has the Cricket's Body effect? Ultra Wrath, just every bomb synergie at once.

I think it is actually you who can get hosed for suggesting an even worse version of Envy :colbert:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think it is actually you who can get hosed for suggesting an even worse version of Envy :colbert:

I'm just taking it to the logical conclusion.

Hey, maybe there will be a new item in Afterbirth that makes it so if you damage one enemy all enemies on screen take damage or something, you dunno. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Maybe it'll be the reverse and all the enemies in the room will take damage when you get hit, like in Nuclear Throne

I just had a super fun Eden run where I got Polyphemus in the first treasure room but had high enough fire rate that it was basically like firing a regular tear. Then I got Tammy's Head and the victory was a foregone conclusion, but the fun part was finding Chocolate Milk. I had no idea that the Tammy's Head projectiles were effected by Chocolate Milk, but apparently if your tears are fully charged then the Tammy's Head barrage will be as well. Without charging it was a little pathetic, but when I remembered to charge it did absolutely insane damage. Pretty cool synergy that I'd never seen before.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Maybe it'll be the reverse and all the enemies in the room will take damage when you get hit, like in Nuclear Throne

So.. a black heart?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I meant like a normal item but yes

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I meant like a normal item but yes

Like Missing Page 2?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Or The Negative if you're playing the game right.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Like Missing Page 2?

No because that only activates when you're almost dead, as does The Negative. It's not the same thing.

A black heart actually isn't the same either since you seem to want to be pedantic. You only deal damage when you lose the heart.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 28, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

These are all things balanced around not doing what you want them to do because that would be very overpowered with refillable health. And the Negative does actually do what you mean, provided you have zero red heart containers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Which is still not how it works in Nuclear Throne, which is what I said it'd work like, because it only works when you haze no red hearts, which is not the same oh my god

why am I defending what was meant to be a joke and why do people feel the need to correct it

I didn't actually want them to do this, just like Skunkrocker didn't actually think they were adding an item that makes you deal damage to every enemy

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Which is still not how it works in Nuclear Throne, which is what I said it'd work like, because it only works when you haze no red hearts, which is not the same oh my god

why am I defending what was meant to be a joke and why do people feel the need to correct it

I didn't actually want them to do this, just like Skunkrocker didn't actually think they were adding an item that makes you deal damage to every enemy

Damage every enemy in the room when taking damage? Like Blood Rights?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Damage every enemy in the room when spending a penny? Like Magic Fingers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Deal damage? Like tears?