Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

GopherFlats posted:

Surface 3 with type cover and pen

Show in actual size, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

GopherFlats posted:

Surface 3 with type cover and pen

Edit; holy poo poo can't edit size from phone, removed

You can quickly resize imgur images by adding a lowercase s, m or l to the end of the filename.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

New watch. It's not a Patek or Breguet, but it gets the job done.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Jul 27, 2015

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Not my picture, but the best one I could find.

Oakley Radar EV with prism road lens. Also picked up a clear lens for night riding.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

ChocNitty posted:

New watch. It's not a Patek or Breguet, but it gets the job done.

Don't really like the font, but that is just nitpicking and personal preferences.

Needed a new phone and got me the Sony Xperia Z3.

It's nice to know that it won't break imediately as soon as it touches water. But it does still feel very fragile with being mostly out of glass, really need to get a nice cover.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

Don't really like the font, but that is just nitpicking and personal preferences.

Needed a new phone and got me the Sony Xperia Z3.
It's nice to know that it won't break imediately as soon as it touches water. But it does still feel very fragile with being mostly out of glass, really need to get a nice cover.

Seidio make cases for the Z3 I think.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Got some upgrades for my rig in preparation for a fresh OS install once Windows 10 is out:

After having only ever used HDDs I'm really looking forward to trying out the SSD.

Moving to an SSD is a colossal difference. Enjoy!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

RadioactiveKid posted:

I think this is the first drunk purchase I don't regret

My summer has been a lot cooler now that I can make snowcones whenever I feel like it

Can this do slush too because vodka slush is the loving tits.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Tentacle Party posted:

Oakley Radar EV with prism road lens. Also picked up a clear lens for night riding.

Come on, admit that you're Dr. Bong. We will still accept you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

88h88 posted:

Not really. Shaved ice is more like snow than the crystals you want for a slush.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

88h88 posted:

nope, its not like a blender with multiple settings. Like Aphrodite said shaved ice is all it does

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Tentacle Party posted:

probably the best picture anyone could find of anything, and we thank you for sharing it

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That guy is every non-athlete who has ever worn wraparound Oakleys.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
really? They don't have cops where you come from?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

El_Elegante posted:

really? They don't have cops where you come from?

Fair point. Forgot about those guys.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Decided to upgrade the home desktop

Fractal R5 Titanium case, Sabretooth Mark 2 board, i7 4790k cpu, Be Quiet! Pure Rock cooler, and Corsair Pro Vengence Gold (16gb @ 2400mhz)

Keeping my GTX 780 and SSD's

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What a coincidence, I too decided to upgrade my 5 year old desktop today!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132133

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

Only keeping my SSD

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
I bought this:

Tentacle Party posted:

WHATUP YOUTUBE YOUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE!

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Great choice. I love my Hakko, I had the previous model for years with no issues. Got the new one as a xmas present last year and it works great for hobby soldering.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Second monitor and a mount stand so I can finally free up some space on my desk and not have to use my laptop to do other things while I game.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

My husband wants me to buy earrings so he can feel less guilty about buying 5 Amiibos overseas that are hard to find in Canada.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

That's dope, sweet colorway

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Does Newegg or a similar site have an option to assemble a PC from parts you pick? It's been awhile since I've done that, and don't mind paying someone else to avoid hours of sweating and bleeding knuckles.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JPrime posted:

Does Newegg or a similar site have an option to assemble a PC from parts you pick? It's been awhile since I've done that, and don't mind paying someone else to avoid hours of sweating and bleeding knuckles.

To be fair, you're looking at maybe 1 hour max of actual build time.

All the newest cases and components make things super easy to put together, no more fiddling with jagged edges of metal trying to cram a PCI card into a motherboard that isn't sitting flush

Failing that just buy all the parts and take it to your local nerdy PC shop, they'll happily put it together for you

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

To be fair, you're looking at maybe 1 hour max of actual build time.

All the newest cases and components make things super easy to put together, no more fiddling with jagged edges of metal trying to cram a PCI card into a motherboard that isn't sitting flush

Failing that just buy all the parts and take it to your local nerdy PC shop, they'll happily put it together for you

Hrm, that's encouraging. My other problem is cable management. I'm the person with the rats nest of cables behind the entertainment center, under my desk, in my network closet. :negative:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JPrime posted:

Hrm, that's encouraging. My other problem is cable management. I'm the person with the rats nest of cables behind the entertainment center, under my desk, in my network closet. :negative:

Again most of the newer cases do most of the hard stuff for you, providing cable routing paths built in, recesses behind the motherboard for hiding cables, as well some of the better cases come with tie off points, and even velcro loops for securing everything to

Unless you mean exterior cables like monitor power etc, can't help ya there... my recommendation is get everything where you want it, then slap a cable wrap around it or section it off and forget about it

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

In the market for a new bike, this looks nice. Got a link or anything?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

yoohoo posted:

In the market for a new bike, this looks nice. Got a link or anything?

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2015/Bikes/Cross/FX-Series/f85x.aspx

Felt makes amazing bikes, and that is a sweet colorway for that bike. 10 speed tiagra is a pretty nice groupset too.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

JPrime posted:

It takes like 10 minutes max to put a PC together if you've done it before, there isn't much to it. with cables just use cable ties..

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Echeveria posted:

My husband wants me to buy earrings so he can feel less guilty about buying 5 Amiibos overseas that are hard to find in Canada.

Don't do it. Let him stew in his manchildish guilt.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

to replace the husquavarna lawnmowere i bought 3 weeks ago

lowes was pretty cool about taking it back, at least

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Echeveria posted:

Put some hooks through two of them amiibos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kinda wish I'd bought a cyclocross bike if only for the discs because road bike calipers and pads are loving trash.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

to replace the husquavarna lawnmowere i bought 3 weeks ago

lowes was pretty cool about taking it back, at least

Honda makes fantastic mowers. The mulch setting creates little tiny grass confetti, which is nice because I hate bagging.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

flosofl posted:

Honda makes fantastic mowers. The mulch setting creates little tiny grass confetti, which is nice because I hate bagging.

I had one like that and it lasted over 25 years with minimal maintenance and still worked like new.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

JPrime posted:

Many cases have build video on YouTube. I watched two for the case I chose for my new PC and it made assembly easy as cake.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

spog posted:

I had one like that and it lasted over 25 years with minimal maintenance and still worked like new.

Mine's been in the shed for a few years, so I'll probably need to have the engine serviced if I want to use it again. It's been that way since I discovered a local landscaper that will do a 1/4 acre lawn, edging, and light yard pickup for $30/week. The company also has very reasonable rates for storm cleanup and tree trimming.

I suppose I could always repurpose the engine and make a comic-book hovercraft.

On topic Weber Q-200 accessories:

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Food is overrated

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 to make an emulator box. I tried this with a Raspberry Pi B like two years ago and failed miserably, so let's see if second time is a charm :shobon: