Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just applied to an in-house gig at a Hospital. Less pay but way easier and way more stable. Wish me luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cakefool posted:

They're both fantastic in different ways but Interstellar actually displaced 2001 as my favorite sci-fi film on the first watch, no contest. And 2001 has been a part of my life as long as I could read. No hyperbole I wore out about 6 copies of that book.

:frogout:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tommychu posted:

Welp, Roadkill has a paywall now. Videos get released behind it, and then move to YouTube a month later.

Da fuk. God drat it :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

I hacked together a server that lets you play mp3s on my computer. Do your worst.
http://104.153.229.49:3030/

I hope you like twangy country about doing pills and puttin' the dick in chicks named dixie, because thats what you're getting.

EDIT: gently caress, apparently I don't actually have any Hank III on this computer. Have some music from the band I stole my user name from!

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 28, 2015

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I made some improvements, so I'm gonna bounce the server in a minute. It *should* log the file name and return a 200 more quickly now.

e. it works!

$ go run sounds.go
2015/07/28 17:58:36 Recieved Manfred Mann's Rare Earth Band- Blinded By The Light.mp3

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My job has me so used to confrontation I tend to get involved in poo poo when I think there's a problem. Was at my in law's trailer park and the property manager there (a female) was about to get assaulted by two younger dudes clearly on something (meth was my guess) so I got in the middle of it and luckily nobody got hurt. When the cops finally showed up one of the kids ended up being baker acted. Wish I could just ignore poo poo for my own personal well being but it's difficult :smith:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

leica posted:

My job has me so used to confrontation I tend to get involved in poo poo when I think there's a problem. Was at my in law's trailer park and the property manager there (a female) was about to get assaulted by two younger dudes clearly on something (meth was my guess) so I got in the middle of it and luckily nobody got hurt. When the cops finally showed up one of the kids ended up being baker acted. Wish I could just ignore poo poo for my own personal well being but it's difficult :smith:

Sounds like you done good.

This is my life now: https://appear.in/internet_noise

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Since you thought one of my earlier tunes was O'Fortuna sounding, I sent the actual O'Fortuna.

Also, that's some bizarre sounding noise you have there.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

I made some improvements, so I'm gonna bounce the server in a minute. It *should* log the file name and return a 200 more quickly now.

e. it works!

$ go run sounds.go
2015/07/28 17:58:36 Recieved Manfred Mann's Rare Earth Band- Blinded By The Light.mp3

You Don't Mess Around With Jim!

Though for this forum, probably should have been Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Commenting on the U.S. import chain on the Buy a Car thread. Toyota Seras are now legal to import to the U.S. Cool as hell, and engine parts should be easy to source....but unfortunately I think a rock chip or smash and grab would total your car out :(

Two more years until the AZ-1 is legal too

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 29, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

You Am I posted:

Welp, time to stop watching Roadkill.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

This is loving hilarious holy poo poo I hurt from laughing so hard

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't let your kids play Yugioh. They'll grow up to be introverted freaks with no social skills.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Don't let your kids play Yugioh. They'll grow up to be introverted freaks with no social skills.

So, they (if I had any kids) would grow up to be just like me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

So, they (if I had any kids) would grow up to be just like me!

Maybe you should drown them in the bathtub then?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

Sounds like you done good.

This is my life now: https://appear.in/internet_noise

Oh poo poo your ears I'm laughing pretty hard at this

e: is everything sped up?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

Sounds normal speed to me. Maybe it's an artifact of the appear.in audio encoding or something?

I'm probably gonna take this down around 7, just so I can close the hole in my firewall and maybe watch some youtube.

e. 7 my time. 10 minutes. DO YOUR WORST YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Geirskogul posted:

Sounded like some folksy chipmunks to me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My worst was nyan cat and schoolhouse rock

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'd have dropped some more Gogol Bordello but I didn't see that post until it was all over :(
still, ending on gently caress the poo poo (twice because it's short) wasn't bad.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

$ go run sounds.go

I love you.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

SFH1989 posted:

Have you seen Holdbrooks' Ram? I think it would be worth it. Be the only person driving around Norway in a giant orange dually Ram. You could pretend to be American by buying way too much truck for your needs.

I have allmost gotten so close as asking holdbrooks for a paintcode for that colour to get my tesla to look all holdbrooksy

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Enjoy my Beach Boys Snapchats. Cisco sure does know how to throw a second-stringer party for us East Coasters.

FakeEdit: Gyrostyle that really just means we're both old.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

Both of those look neat... I haven't messed around with microcontrollers since I did an AVR-based chording keyboard back in college (gently caress Arduino, I can solder in a crystal and a diode myself thank you). I found it pretty easy to program it as a HID device, but I'm looking at a project now that would either need to act as USB bulk storage or be able to write to an SD card. Bulk storage is probably best.

Have you done either (USB storage or SD card access) with either of those boards? Teensys seems like a decent choice for the USB option.

What's the dev environment like?

I don't think the discovery board can do much with USB as the USB connector is the programmer and debugger. You can't do like HID for instance.

That's the only reason I picked up the Teensy but I found that the documentation on the Teensy is much better and they're done by some random couple out of their house.

My plan is to use the Teensy as some kind of HID device to emulate a game boy camera printer and just send the pictures to a program on the computer.

SD card is something I want to do too. I have one of the Chinesium eBay SD SPI breakout boards that I should figure out how to ghetto together one day.

Dev tools on the ST discovery board seem pretty good if you're on Windows. I had to kill a few evenings hacking together a cross compiler setup for it on my Mac.

The Teensy was up and running off the bat; you can use either the Arduino suite of tools or just cross compile to it with the Teensy documentation, which is good.

Give the teensy people all your money is what I'm trying to say.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 29, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

Not too much of a problem really - the content just takes a bit longer to go free.

However they should try Patreon like Chris Harris did. he's up to about 6K a video which has to be more than the alternatives. RCR also got good funding via Patreon too - Roadkill could eaaaasily get a few grand per month, likely a whole lot more.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not too much of a problem really - the content just takes a bit longer to go free.

However they should try Patreon like Chris Harris did. he's up to about 6K a video which has to be more than the alternatives. RCR also got good funding via Patreon too - Roadkill could eaaaasily get a few grand per month, likely a whole lot more.

The difference here is that Harris and RCR are independents, whereas Roadkill is part of a pretty big media conglomerate. Pretty sure Patreon won't touch them.

Of course Roadkill is so popular they could just go their own way with Patreon, but that would probably mean giving up their jobs at Hot Rod and I don't think either of them are keen on doing that.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 29, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Motor Trend are (or a part of) a massive publishing company, they don't need to do this.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Rumor has it that it is like 5 bucks a month and you get a bunch of other coverage as well.

I am a cheapskate and dislike paid subscriptions but that is drat reasonable and I am considering it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Jesus christ I hate antibiotics.... Got some really nasty cat bites last weekend dealing with a wandering neighbours cat in a trap (that got me THROUGH leather riggers gloves) so the doctor jabbed me with a tetanus booster and put me on a 5 day course of antibiotics. 875mg amoxycillan trihydrate/125mg potassium clavulanate tablets, twice a day. Its turned my GI tract into a nuclear wasteland and i've had to take a day off work because I cant be more than 30 seconds of a toilet at any moment and every fart is out to get me.

I dropped my guts earlier and the cat that can back out house clearing shits fled the room :catstare:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, I want so badly to say gently caress Roadkill forever, but I know I'm going to be watching it anyways. Sometimes I hate being poor and finding media I'm actually willing to pay for.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's better than the alternative. My mother in law had two surgeries to deal with a cat bite that I don't think she had seen by a doctor soon enough, and ended up with some massive infection.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:perfect:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
George Miller's Batman

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd read the gently caress out of that

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

I love you.

:love:

The code is here, if you want to laugh at my poor choices: https://github.com/agocs/bbb_sound_server

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Ferremit posted:

i've had to take a day off work because I cant be more than 30 seconds of a toilet at any moment and every fart is out to get me.

Never trust a fart. Never waste a boner.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm at the emergency vet Spaz is in severe distress and I don't know why

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Anal gland expression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm at the emergency vet Spaz is in severe distress and I don't know why

Ugg, that is horrible. I hope Spaz makes the fix cheap and quick and happy for all. Our cat went from a normal 8 pounds to an underweight 6 in 2 days and it cost a lot of money to get him an IV and make him want to eat again.

• Locked thread