Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Larrymer posted:

99% chance you've never even been in one, driven one, let alone seen one in person (unless it's at a dealership). :v: I have, and they're a pretty nice car (much, much nicer than a Volt) but were silly expensive initially. Still seem high to me but that's my brain saying "you can get a Corvette for that" which isn't really a fair comparison.

It's still a tarted up chevy cruze.

I'm not saying i wouldn't rock the gently caress out of one, in fact seeing them dipping into the 30s a year old with 4 digit mileage perks my ears a little, but i wouldn't pay telsa money for them, and the market seems to feel the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Oh, I thought that was an ATS. Good job differentiating models, GM, I guess

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, it's the ELR.

Enough with terrible stuff though, back to the awesome stuff

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Larrymer posted:

99% chance you've never even been in one, driven one, let alone seen one in person (unless it's at a dealership). :v: I have, and they're a pretty nice car (much, much nicer than a Volt) but were silly expensive initially. Still seem high to me but that's my brain saying "you can get a Corvette for that" which isn't really a fair comparison.

Its really really good product development, that got absolutely torpedoed by the accounting and marketing departments.

It IS a really loving nice car, but the (launch-day) sticker was more than a Model S, which it is completely inferior to.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MrYenko posted:

Its really really good product development, that got absolutely torpedoed by the accounting and marketing departments.

General Motors.txt

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Friar Zucchini posted:

Okay so Mr Regulary did an FD RX7. Predictably funny and thoughtful, but he has his shtick well established by now so frankly that's not the remarkable part.

I'm impressed they used a They Might Be Giants song from 1996 for the theme.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Saw this Mclaren:

Reminded me of these others:

Have some crazy bike racks courtesy of the Tour de France.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I know some of you will hate this because it's been dropped on its arse but gently caress you, it's awesome.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

drgitlin posted:

I took a bunch of photos of the GM Heritage Collection: http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/07/gms-heritage-collection-fuel-cells-evs-concept-cars-and-more/

And here are some pics that didn't make it into the post:

It might be the paintjob and the very odd looking windshield, but all I see is a speedboat with wheels.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Falken posted:

It might be the paintjob and the very odd looking windshield, but all I see is a speedboat with wheels.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 28, 2015

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

I need that in my life.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I need that in my life.

http://www.collectorcarads.com/Fiat-Ranger/60572

dooo itttt

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

88h88 posted:

I know some of you will hate this because it's been dropped on its arse but gently caress you, it's awesome.

STANCE NATUN 4 LYFE11!1!1!ONE

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Falken posted:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Yeah but at least it's been done to a lovely old car with crap performance in the first place. It's not like he's hosed a sports car... Nothing of value has been lost here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

88h88 posted:

What is that? Early 80's Accord?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's a 1990 Civic in babypoop brown.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Linedance posted:

Omg it's like... A GM built.. convertible.. Ferrari 456? From 1985?? :psypop:

Those Cimarrons were utter garbage, weren't they?

Wiki posted:

The Cimarron's failure is one in a series of events throughout the 1980s and 1990s which caused Cadillac's share of the US market to decline from 3.8% in 1979 to 2.2% in 1997;[8] it is routinely cited as the nadir of GM's product planning:

Noted automotive journalist Dan Neil panned the Cimarron in his 2007 list of Worst Cars of all Time, saying "everything that was wrong, venal, lazy, and mendacious about GM in the 1980s was crystallized in this flagrant insult to the good name and fine customers of Cadillac."[9] He added that the Cimarron "nearly killed Cadillac and remains its biggest shame."[9]

Forbes placed the Cimarron on its list of "Legendary Car Flops," citing low sales, poor performance and the fact the car "didn't work, coming from a luxury brand."[10]

CarBuzz called the Cimarron a "textbook example of what goes wrong when a carmaker tries to badge engineer an economy car into a luxury car."[10]

Author Hannah Elliott said the Cimarron "appealed neither to Cadillac's loyal followers, who appreciated powerful V8s and Cadillac's domestic luxury edge, nor to buyers who favored Europe's luxury brands, whose cars out-handled and out-classed the Cimarron in every way."[11]

CNN Money described the Cimarron as "in all important respects, a Chevrolet Cavalier. It also added thousands to the price tag. In all, it was neither a good Cadillac nor a good value. Today, GM executives will readily admit that this was a bad idea."[12]

Car and Driver said a subsequent Cadillac product director, John Howell, kept a picture of the Cimarron on his wall captioned, "Lest we forget."[13]

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

Argila posted:

Saw this Mclaren:

That pedal is going to scratch the gently caress out of that spot on the roof :ohdear:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

This reply is worse than the picture.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008

El Laucha posted:

That pedal is going to scratch the gently caress out of that spot on the roof :ohdear:

Yeah - somebody on the Specialized facebook page said the same thing.
Here's two more support cars, vintage this time.

Argila fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 28, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Argila posted:

Yeah - somebody on the Specialized facebook page said the same thing.
Here's another crazy support car, vintage this time.

How's the bicycle winning this race?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This reply is worse than the picture.

:thejoke:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

88h88 posted:

This is superior in every way, and it's a lovely van:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I see the new Dr. Suessmobile is out.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:geno:

:confused:

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

http://offroadtheplanet.com/home/double-dutch-351.html

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Well hell yea.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
dear god

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sorry, but that's pretty awful. The standard DS suspension could probably do that ride height.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9F1YDjkJys

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

You Am I posted:

Sorry, but that's pretty awful. The standard DS suspension could probably do that ride height.

It's especially awful because off road racing was the one sole area of motorsports where the DS was great.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

88h88 posted:

Hey, considering most of the stuff I see done to Civics, that's pretty conservative and tasteful. :rice:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I don't understand the panels in the fourth picture. My brain interprets it as a dazzle camo.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
wheres that one video of the citroen taking a short cut through a field and staying just as level as it was on the road

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

You Am I posted:

[:agreed:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Somewhere Ken just got a weird boner and doesn't know why.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://i.imgur.com/MgI8Seg.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

This is the goonrace in Forza where all the Reliant Robins crash into Turn 1.

Saved everyone a click.