Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SM2CSLsro

Final Fantasy Explorers is going overseas January 26th NA and January 29th PAL.

Hope FF1 3D comes along with it.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I was just about to say. It even had the FF8 gunblade timing basically.

You know how in FF8 Squall does more damage if you tap R1 at the right time? In DMC4 if you tap R2 at the right time you get a Heat Gauge. It made your next attack do more damage and in the case of certain moves completely changed them.

You could also just hold R2 out of battle to rev it up and get Heat.

You could also not use the default control scheme and use the trigger for you actual gun, which you want to keep charged at all times using Nero.

Also I'm being stupid and consider buying Type-O HD just for the FF XV demo - is it still included, or was that a pre-order bonus?

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 30, 2015

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Deleted, this isn't the FFRK thread.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Szurumbur posted:

You could also not use the default control scheme and use the trigger for you actual gun, which you want to keep charged at all times using Nero.

Also I'm being stupid and consider buying Type-O HD just for the FF XV demo - is it still included, or was that a pre-order bonus?

It was included with "first run" copies. So it's probably not included with the digital version, but I don't know how hard it would be to find a physical copy with it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I imagine I'm the last person to notice this but I thought the MC from FFXV looked like a guy from a short-lived FF/JRPG parody comic done by the dude who did Buttlord GT and welp he noticed too-

I didn't notice that Noctis' sword had a loving engine on it :psyduck:
black hair and a coat...? someone call up the lawyers, i think we've got a case here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

black hair and a coat...? someone call up the lawyers, i think we've got a case here

You forgot the over-elaborate sword that no JRPG character has ever had before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You forgot the over-elaborate sword that no JRPG character has ever had before.
the two swords don't even look similar beyond the 'engine' thing though

and even the way the engine is depicted is completely different

also

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"dramatic changes" to the combat system

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 30, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'it's still recognizable' probably means it'll still be ATB, so eh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh boy, here we go.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am still in love with the fact that Nomura was not even aware he was directing it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A huge majority of the fans wanting the remake don't remember past the 1st disk anyways

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The only things a typical fan remembers are Midgar, Sephiroth walking in the fire during the flashback, Aeris getting shanked, and a made up emo-Cloud.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The only things a typical fan remembers are Midgar, Sephiroth walking in the fire during the flashback, Aeris getting shanked, and a made up emo-Cloud.

Don't forget 'let's mosey', 'no getting 'offa this train', and the tea line.

One thing that I found really good was that if you bring Yuffie to the Forgotten City when Aerith gets stabbed, she cries and leans against Cloud as they're saying their goodbyes, and you're remembering that oh yeah, this is a 16-year old kid. I'm hoping little details like that get translated well in the remake.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Don't forget 'let's mosey', 'no getting 'offa this train', and the tea line.

One thing that I found really good was that if you bring Yuffie to the Forgotten City when Aerith gets stabbed, she cries and leans against Cloud as they're saying their goodbyes, and you're remembering that oh yeah, this is a 16-year old kid. I'm hoping little details like that get translated well in the remake.

Most people don't even remember "let's mosey", see the made up emo cloud thing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Don't forget that "Vincent is a vampire."

This is something I've honestly heard ever since I was on a daycare playground back in the late 90s and I have also read here and there online. It never ceases to confuse me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Emo Cloud might be true these days because anything remotely being negative or not super chipper is considered "Emo."

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This is extremely true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vincent isn't a vampire???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Emo Cloud might be true these days because anything remotely being negative or not super chipper is considered "Emo."
also if you have a mildly interesting hairstyle

someone, on this forum, called leon from resident evil 4 'emo'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody even says emo anymore though. in real life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

Nobody even says emo anymore though. in real life.
yeah, but on the internet...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you're in a Japanese video game, you are emo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

unless you're female, then you're annoying and useless

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Terper posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Endorph posted:

This is how I feel. As long as it is still ATB and feels familiar "enough" then I will likely be happy. Heck, I might even enjoy it more depending on what they come up with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

Willing to bet it's just gonna be ATB with FFXIII style fight camera so the character are moving around instead of just standing in a line.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Willing to bet it's just gonna be ATB with FFXIII style fight camera so the character are moving around instead of just standing in a line.
Maybe FFX party swapping or something.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I needed a blue ray player a few months back so I picked up a PS4, and FFX remastered just for the hell of it. I never played it before, and I basically knew nothing about it except blitzball, most of the characters, and dodging lightning.

I just started playing it yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far; even the lovely VA is late 90's/early 2000's as hell so it's almost endearing in a nostalgic way.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

It was included with "first run" copies. So it's probably not included with the digital version, but I don't know how hard it would be to find a physical copy with it.

I don't care that much, I suppose I'll have to live without it - thanks for the info!

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

I remember Aeris getting killed then what seemed almost immediately afterwards, Cloud was doing a snowboarding minigame

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ekusukariba posted:

I remember Aeris getting killed then what seemed almost immediately afterwards, Cloud was doing a snowboarding minigame.

The only notable thing in-between those two events is Cloud slobberknocking Elena.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

NikkolasKing posted:

This is something I've honestly heard ever since I was on a daycare playground back in the late 90s and I have also read here and there online. It never ceases to confuse me.

Hes literally a hundred years old man who sleeps in a coffin

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

corn in the bible posted:

Hes literally a hundred years old man who sleeps in a coffin

He's 57.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

NikkolasKing posted:

Hojo, being the most inscrutable yet heavily funded psychopath of all time, takes one of his own employees (who was a normal Turk goon at the time) and tampers with him using SCIENCE. This makes him never age, and mutate into monsters sometimes. Vincent, now being a weird genetic abomination, exiles himself to sleep forever (mainly out of guilt for allowing Hojo to ruin Lucrecia's life in the process).

Hojo does all of this primarily for funsies if you're going by OG canon. If you go by... *shudder* Dirge of Cerberus canon, that is another entire canon of worms.

I guess a secondary reason was that Hojo liked to usurp Gast in the scientific realm at every possible chance.

Excels fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 30, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wait i thought vincent was mopey because he got cockblocked by hojo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

he's an immortal shapeshifter that sleeps in a coffin so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

The White Dragon posted:

wait i thought vincent was mopey because he got cockblocked by hojo

He blames himself for Lucrecia dying because he didn't talk her out of having Hojo's Jenovababy, which she died giving birth to. So yeah the cockblocking was part of it.