Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Just got told by the fattest person at work that I shouldn't be fasting for half a day because it's unhealthy.

Bitch, did you not just see me carry a 150-lb tabletop across the building? I will destroy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Someone please post everything funny about planet fitness and crossfit

peep this hot meme

http://i.imgur.com/X2v6CTi.gifv

e: it is satire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8KwUNLdkI

Wangsbig fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 30, 2015

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

:laffo: it looks like he's in an incredible amount of pain and tired as gently caress but is gaining absolutely nothing as far as his health is concerned and is just loving up his bones and muscles all over the place

i am not a trained gymperson and i can see that just from observation

e: just noticed the guy in the background picking up and throwing a weight to the floor repeatedly. amazing.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Seems like this could be useful, thanks man

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
is planetfitness the place with the lunk ads

scummy as those may be, you cant deny it's a genius way to attract uncommited flabs, encourage them to keep being fat, and profit off that sweet subscription money

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Planet Jizzness

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Saurus posted:

:laffo: it looks like he's in an incredible amount of pain and tired as gently caress but is gaining absolutely nothing as far as his health is concerned and is just loving up his bones and muscles all over the place

i am not a trained gymperson and i can see that just from observation

e: just noticed the guy in the background picking up and throwing a weight to the floor repeatedly. amazing.

crossfit is the best thing to happen to gym humor ever

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Lol this planned me a meal that was 60% fat, 20% protein, 20% carbs.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Pesmerga posted:

you can edit the macros by % after it generates and generate a new one

not that it's generating thing is that great though as if i'm gonna eat "zucchini pasta"

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Pesmerga posted:

every single meal it gave me for the day was 80% carbs

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

I don't have time to really look at it but for a 3k daily target it gave me a chicken nacho breakfast with greek yogurt, a 1000cal protein shake with a banana and oats and peanut butter and 60g of protein poweder and baked garlic chicken for dinner. seemed pretty decent :shrug:

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 30, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
[quote="Wangsbig"
e: it is satire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8KwUNLdkI
[/quote]

this isnt tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM

Count the number of times someone hip throws weight they obvious cant arm lift onto their necks and prolly kill themselves

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 30, 2015

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

was irritated at old mate and friend clumsily curing in squat rack while talking about stocks and hedge funds

partially forgiven cuz it was a lot

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
lol if you don't cordon off an entire section of a gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sometimes I see guys at the gym doing deadlifts where they bounce the weight off the ground/don't bring it to a dead stop/don't lower it all the way to the floor. Why are they doing this? Secret deadlift knowledge? Lack of secret deadlift knowledge?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Why are tiny children allowed at gyms, a place where people often lower or drop heavy amounts of weight from above them. Same for those fuckin crossfit dogs too, especially with assholes throwing bumper plates.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Hey guys I'm working out right now and posting on my phone is this OK or no

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hatebag posted:

Lack of secret deadlift knowledge?

This. they do it because it makes them feel pumped even tho it makes the exercise both easier (momentum from the bounce doing half the liftwork) and more dangerous (you arent sure if you can genuinely lift it, more force on your hips when that momentum makes the weight fly down)

the legit way is by allowing the weight to rest on the ground, forcing you to make the full range of motion per rep

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Hatebag posted:

Sometimes I see guys at the gym doing deadlifts where they bounce the weight off the ground/don't bring it to a dead stop/don't lower it all the way to the floor. Why are they doing this? Secret deadlift knowledge? Lack of secret deadlift knowledge?

Because they love shocking their joints and injuring themselves

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm squatting in socks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm squatting in socks

#slippinslydinlyfe

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I thought as much. It's in the goddamned name. DEAD.

I prefer to squat in sneakers so when I come up my shoes go all loving wonky and I get to know what it would be like to squat in a moonbounce.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The floors are grippy I'm OK

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Neurolimal posted:

hip throws weight they obvious cant arm lift

only lift as much as your arms can handle, check

PACK IT IN OLYMPICS!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What do you call a deadlift where you lower the weight like an inch off the ground but never really rest it on the floor?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

What do you call a deadlift where you lower the weight like an inch off the ground but never really rest it on the floor?

Hard

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

What do you call the dead lift where the weight is actually on your shoulders and you kind of squat down like you are about to sit on a toilet or something

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

A deadlift? I don't know, that's the way I did/will do them even if the last few posts make it seem as though that's incorrect

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

notZaar posted:

undeadlift

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

only lift as much as your arms can handle, check

PACK IT IN OLYMPICS!

if you're bringing that poo poo up to your neck with momentum and you dont have olympic tier medics on standby and you're bending your body into a C shape to try to squirm your neck underneath the bar then yea

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Aralan posted:

A deadlift? I don't know, that's the way I did/will do them even if the last few posts make it seem as though that's incorrect

naw son, this aint ylls, doing this is fine, whatever gets you pumped safely is good

the only incorrect lift is the one that breaks poo poo and doesnt pump you

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Neurolimal posted:

if you're bringing that poo poo up to your neck with momentum and you dont have olympic tier medics on standby and you're bending your body into a C shape to try to squirm your neck underneath the bar then yea

they have horrible form and are idiots but you don't know what you're talking about

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Did my workout today and managed to squeeze in some core stuff, I rarely do core outside of martial arts but I just felt the urge, then went and got some eggs and a protein bar before hanging out at the tattoo shop and having a few sugar free sweets (the kind that have a laxative effect) helped my buddy move his couch and heavy as gently caress bass can into storage and all of a sudden I can't stop farting it's pretty rad.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm the guy in the squat rack curling 115 lbs using nothing but momentum.

Literally.

Because I'm at work and the only one lifting.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Aralan posted:

When I do it, my lower back gets sore as hell, I think it's because it's tense for the entire duration whereas the other deadlift let's u relax between reps.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

notZaar posted:

When I do it, my lower back gets sore as hell, I think it's because it's tense for the entire duration whereas the other deadlift let's u relax between reps.

That may be the bad kind of sore since that interval between reps is when you're supposed to realign your spine afaik.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

maybe I'm used to it, today's my back and shoulder day at the gym maybe I'll try actually putting the barbell on the floor for each rep and see if it feels better that way I'll give an injury report later

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm the guy in the squat rack curling 115 lbs using nothing but momentum.

Literally.

Because I'm at work and the only one lifting.

I took a break form work to go lift outside and look at the forums on my phone. Was pretty sweet.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

I took a break form work to go lift outside and look at the forums on my phone. Was pretty sweet.

High five getting paid to get Swole buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Don't let these strong fats in this thread hate. Ain't nothing wrong with some cardio.

Hey I'm not fat, just lazy

Hatebag posted:

That's how strongmen deadlift because the rules of strongman allow it but I'm guessing they were just doing that because it's easier.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 30, 2015

• Locked thread