Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Would Hulk Hogan ever job to himself?

For real, the only Hogan match that I ever actually wanted to see is Hulkster vs Hollywood. Somehow Brutus eats the pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

As a current Target backroom employee your conversation triggered me

it's the worst company i have ever worked for

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

rovert posted:

Sam wants to keep getting WWE guests.
ah ok, that'd make sense. Which is disappointing, you'd like to think it'd be the other way around, that they'd distance themselves from anyone taking Hogan's side. suppose it's obvious their reaction was entirely in response to the inevitable media storm and not because he crossed a line.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I've never listened to the guy's podcast, but it's funny that anywhere I've ever seen anyone discussing it, they always talk about him saying something real loving dumb.

I only listen when if it's an interesting guest, the guy himself offers nothing in terms of wrestling opinion or insight, but this episode was just shockingly stupid, he's outright telling hulk to keep his head down, it's loving apalling. or else its just yer man Sam Roberts is a big racist too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave was asked to do color for the AAA iPPV and he turned them down because he thought Striker would do a better job :mad:

"yyyyy, sabes...."

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I'm pretty sure after watching Anthony Cumia destroy his own career with racist rants he just doesn't even flinch at this point.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Sam Roberts looks like MRT with a better haircut

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave telling stories about Paul Boesch mentoring him are really sweet :3:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mob posted:

Sam Roberts looks like MRT with a better haircut
But without the cool sunglasses

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
The Pisscast is great.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I'd been meaning to ask if Sam Roberts' podcast is any good because I liked his episode of SAS Unleashed, but given his eating habits and his O&A background he seems like a giant dipshit. Looks like my fears were legitimate

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Dave telling stories about Paul Boesch mentoring him are really sweet :3:

I really liked this interview with Bruce Tharpe about Paul Boesch & Houston Wrestling. I love NWAClassics.com, I've watched more wrestling this month than I can remember ever binge watching before. I've watched maybe 45-55% of the stuff they've uploaded so far.

Paul Boesch inviting Dave Meltzer to the Cauliflower Alley at that time period is a really big deal, I didn't know that story.

goc fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've also tried to get into more of the Karl Stern marathon, I listened to the last two on the Rock and Austin and enjoyed them - are there any must-listens I shouldn't miss or should I just focus on the people I'm most interested in from the list and then go from there?

Also I got a good laugh out of,"If you removed everybody who was an idiot from wrestling history, all you'd have left are a few Daniel Bryan and Finn Balor matches."

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Sam's ok. He's a bit of an rear end as a radio persona but people who meet him seem to genuinely like him and he does pretty ok interviews. You won't find anything too controversial from him one way or the other since he's pretty much seen up close how radio's moved on from the OnA era. Like he's literally in the middle on just about any issue or opinion of anything. He's probably the least boring of anyone that's in the middle, but he's right there in the middle.

Honestly, his best stuff was years ago before he was an on air personality was getting genuinely stupid idiotic interns for the OnA show to do stupid idiotic stuff.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I've also tried to get into more of the Karl Stern marathon, I listened to the last two on the Rock and Austin and enjoyed them - are there any must-listens I shouldn't miss or should I just focus on the people I'm most interested in from the list and then go from there?

Also I got a good laugh out of,"If you removed everybody who was an idiot from wrestling history, all you'd have left are a few Daniel Bryan and Finn Balor matches."

The marathon is in a semi-chronological order, so if you're interested in the history of wrestling I'd recommend listening from the start (the William Muldoon episode).

If not then just go with the earliest one you're interested in and go from there.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Jerusalem posted:

The Gotch episode is definitely worth the listen.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

I love wrestling history so I'd start with Muldoon.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Wang is an unusual fellow.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

dsriggs posted:

Wang is an unusual fellow.

He's back??? Yessssss he's my favorite guest

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Space Cob posted:

The Pisscast is great.

Thank u

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's back??? Yessssss he's my favorite guest

Wang went to a book signing by a star of Total Divas.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

cronox2 posted:

Well he did work with Anthony Cumia for years.

Did anybody ever find out who this woman was?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Lucha Underground is apparently the Mexican NXT

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ayn rand hand job posted:

Lucha Underground is apparently the Mexican NXT

MeXT?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I can confirm that Wang does nothing on Twitter except send articles to his girlfriend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

New AE Podcast

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Did they edit off the someone is back drop on the newest B&V?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Did... did someone actually get them to play it? I haven't listened to the whole episode, the first song they played was Stink Was Wronk when I downloaded it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did... did someone actually get them to play it? I haven't listened to the whole episode, the first song they played was Stink Was Wronk when I downloaded it.

It's the last drop before the end.. I think someone just stuck an Urban Wrestling Federation drop in between the beginning and the end of someone is back minus the Benoit reference.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Ryan from Cumberland just claimed that John Cena's broken nose was done intentionally to work the smarks so the Rollins-Cena build is even bigger.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Question for the pisscast: I'm replacing the Tank from L4D2 with John Cena AKA Big Match John, what wrestlers should I replace the other Specials with?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

Ryan from Cumberland just claimed that John Cena's broken nose was done intentionally to work the smarks so the Rollins-Cena build is even bigger.

I remember Cornette on one of those KC DVDs talking about how his grand plan for the invasion was to pay someone $5,000 to get the poo poo kicked out of them for real by William Regal on live TV.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Defiance Industries posted:

Question for the pisscast: I'm replacing the Tank from L4D2 with John Cena AKA Big Match John, what wrestlers should I replace the other Specials with?

Jockey is Spike Dudley or El Torito. Smoker is 1998 Paul Wight.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Can I be a guest on the blizz pizz pizz kizz?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember Cornette on one of those KC DVDs talking about how his grand plan for the invasion was to pay someone $5,000 to get the poo poo kicked out of them for real by William Regal on live TV.

He also wanted Bam Bam Bigelow and someone else, I forget who, to half-shoot on each other for the same amount.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't envy Dave having to write one legend obituary after another lately. At least it feels that way.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember that rebooking the WCW invasion show, and listening to the idea he had for the following Wrestlemania and thinking it sounded like a terrible show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I remember that rebooking the WCW invasion show, and listening to the idea he had for the following Wrestlemania and thinking it sounded like a terrible show.

How dare you! Booking the invasion around Terry Funk is a great idea that would have done a huge buyrate

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

triplexpac posted:

How dare you! Booking the invasion around Terry Funk is a great idea that would have done a huge buyrate

Only one of those things is true.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sempervive is so bad. I cant believe Benoit is the one strong position he wants to take. like I dont care except that this is the first thing hes actually had anything to contribute to a convo in months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Roddy Piper is dead. :(

I guess we'll get another obit in the next observer.

• Locked thread