Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Because of how badly Austin's last 2 weeks have gone, I don't think he'd go after Vanessa or Shelli or Clay if he won HOH even though it would be in his best interest to do so.

Hoping for Johnny Mac to get HOH this week because he has zero fucks to give about Shelli and Clay and frankly, it's high time those two feel the hot seat together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Clocks posted:

Had a chance to watch the episode this morning - the part with Steve & the camera was hilarious but the part where he took delight in Becky's suffering was a lot more weird.
It was very weird but I think I figured it out.

Steve didn't know about the plan to backdoor Austin. He was one of the few people in the dark about it so from his perspective either Becky and Clay were actually just on the block together or there was a mystery backdoor target. Steve's name was being thrown around as a target a lot and he had voiced concern a couple of times that week and asked Vanessa if he was safe or if there was any chance he might get backdoored. So from his perspective that may have just been about him wanting the nominees to stay the same and Becky to go, which makes sense since she's been actively targeting him for weeks. He's also been working with Clay.

Its still oddly over the top but its worth pointing out that Steve's whole thing is that he can't read social cues and stuff and he constantly jokes with people and doesn't know if he's going too far or not. So I think Steve was probably trying to be funny and just isn't able to recognize the line.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Because of how badly Austin's last 2 weeks have gone, I don't think he'd go after Vanessa or Shelli or Clay if he won HOH even though it would be in his best interest to do so.

I disagree. Then he would have NO allies. His best bet would be to use his HOH to be a complete team player and pretty much let them call the shots so that he can show them he isn't a wild card.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

The idea to backdoor Austin was too hasty but once enacted it would have been best for their games if Jackie kept HOH and went through with it for them. Now they are very exposed. If someone outside the Sixth Sense gets HOH then someone from that alliance is going home.

I disagree. If Austin had gone home there was still a good chance that one of the sixth sense (or Steve) would have gone home next week. At least if you preserve your numbers you still have votes. Chances are had Austin gone home and someone like Jackie or Jason won HOH this week then Steve is the target and Vanessa loses two of her closest allies in back to back weeks.

Not to mention that your last sentence makes no sense since you're advocating someone from the Sixth Sense DEFINITELY evicting someone from the Sixth Sense to prevent someone from the Sixth Sense MAYBE being targeting the following week ONLY IF someone from outside the alliance wins HOH. In both scenarios, the 6thS is down 1 member. At least with the way Vanessa did it she didn't cut off her own nose to spite her face.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 30, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What the show didn't show us is that Vanessa got Steve, Becky, and Johnny Mac on board with the idea of backdooring Jason before she did it. So the only people who were blindsided by the move were Jason, Jackie, Meg, and James. So in theory those are the only people who the Sixth Sense have to fear retribution from. Of course others could have their own agendas but it wasn't a blindside of the house, just that group.

And yeah, Austin would be foolish to make a move on the Sixth Sense since he has zero other allies. The basic fact that the Sixth Sense risked pissing off half the house to keep him off the block should be enough reason for Austin to trust them. If he betrayed them and sent one of them home it would be game suicide. His best bet is probably to just get back on page with Vanessa and the Twins and hope to use Clelli as shields.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Endurance competition, good job getting rid of Jason.

Hope Jackie doesn't win.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Haha "Will Becky's game be derailed?"

They're really going all in on these train jokes at Becky's expense.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Twins night! Woo!

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
No more BotB, yay!!!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
God those guys are so dumb. I'd feel bad for Jason if he didn't just sit there the whole time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mahoning posted:

Haha "Will Becky's game be derailed?"

They're really going all in on these train jokes at Becky's expense.

To be fair, they made a grocery store pun with "Time for Jason to checkout"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh. Johnny Mac's weird rear end laugh is a family trait.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I like how they are showing a Johnny Mac segment. This should give all the show only watchers an idea of how little jason campaigned.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyree posted:

I like how they are showing a Johnny Mac segment. This should give all the show only watchers an idea of how little jason campaigned.

Considering that one clip of Jason campaigning was from 4 AM this morning I imagine there was even more filler footage they had prepared.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason: Play hard. I do not want to watch you be lazy fucks.

Jason has zero self awareness.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 31, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

STAC Goat posted:

Jason: Play hard. I do not want to watch you be lazy fucks.

Good lord, isn't that the truth.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Jason: Play hard. I do not want to watch you be lazy farts.

"Becky said she wanted you out" has to be the least creative lie I've ever heard on Big Brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

"Becky said she wanted you out" has to be the least creative lie I've ever heard on Big Brother.

Especially when Shelli pressed him on it and he admitted that she didn't actually say that, he was just guessing.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Lazy farts, not fucks!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I did like Liz's goodbye, harsh or not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wee Bairns posted:

I did like Liz's goodbye, harsh or not.

It was bitchy but it doesn't compare to the stuff Jason has said about her. It's a mutually nasty relationship.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

THANK gently caress!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like how they wanted to make the reveal of if Julia was going to enter the house or get evicted as dramatic as possible... even though everyone knew the outcome.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Hey at least James still gave them a baffled look. His usual everyday look, but what they wanted.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Haha Austin was avoiding Julia like the plague.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Endurance and no BotB. ADC got everything they wanted, so let's see if they can flip this game.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Massive edge here to the small people Johnny Mac, James, Shelli... and maybe Julia if she can toughen up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Massive edge here to the small people Johnny Mac, James, Shelli... and maybe Julia if she can toughen up.

I'd say Jackie, Johnny Mac, the Twins, and maybe James and Shelli.

Becky should be a favorite but her back is all hosed up so it depends on if it holds up.

Meg has no chance. Clay and Austin are going to be at the same disadvantage all big guys are in these but Austin might do a little better than usual with his gymnastics/yoga stuff. But he's still a long shot. Steve is in better shape than he looks but probably won't win.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
If Shelly/Clay get broken up I think this is the week it happens. Controlling the vote isn't gonna be enough anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

If Shelly/Clay get broken up I think this is the week it happens. Controlling the vote isn't gonna be enough anymore.

Yeah, the Sixth Sense were in near total control with BotB in play. Even if ADC grabbed a HOH if Sixth Sense got the other they could rig the BotB. And the ADC were scared to take a big swing at Clelli with BotB in play. This gives them that real chance to flip the house.

But I still think Austin and the Twins are more vulnerable. The ADC hate them and Clelli will flip at the first sign of danger.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do think the twins are going to have a bigger target than Clay and Shelli. We might get a combo with them both on the blog though.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, the Sixth Sense were in near total control with BotB in play. Even if ADC grabbed a HOH if Sixth Sense got the other they could rig the BotB. And the ADC were scared to take a big swing at Clelli with BotB in play. This gives them that real chance to flip the house.

But I still think Austin and the Twins are more vulnerable. The ADC hate them and Clelli will flip at the first sign of danger.

On second thought I agree that Austin's relationship is bad enough with the ADC that they'll target him before Clay/Shelli. I think Austin/Liz on the block with Austin as the target is a lot more likely than Liz/Julia, but it really depends on how well Julia can make friends with the ADC. I wonder if we could see something like Austin going home this week, then the whole house flips on Clay and Shelli next week (which would work really well because it's very likely a double eviction). Julia being there and Liz not really liking Austin makes it a very different dynamic than normal for showmances, since you could feasibly evict Austin and still work with Liz.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Liz would be the more impactful eviction. It breaks up a showmance AND a twin duo and Austin and Julia don't have much linking them without Liz. Vanessa, Shelli, and Clay would definitely like it that way but they'd have to sell it to others so Julia didn't get pissed since it was just a house majority call. It would be a touchy situation if they controlled the swing votes and chose to vote out Liz. Julia could flip on them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Making a rare taped show comment to celebrate a Mumbles Montage!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shelli sure didn't take that nomination ceremony very well :D

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guys, Clay is just a man of his word and plays the game with integrity. And he's just naive enough to think others do the same.

That's why he's been in 20 alliances, threw all his allies under the bus to try and save his butt, lied to James about Jason, and has played such a straight up game as he is.

It's a drat shame people don't play with the same integrity that Mumbles does. drat [BLEEP]s!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Few things more enjoyable than watching James immediately spike the deal he just made with them and their corresponding tantrum. Given how chickenshit everybody can be about "house moves" and "blood on your hands" etc., credit where credit is due.

Also great mumbles montage.

e: I really hope that absurd reaction by Shelli separates her from Vanessa. Not sure how Vanessa could want to play ball with her going forward given that twice in this episode when the chips were down she basically threw Vanessa in the trash.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Three times in recent memory if you go back to the last episode when she claimed she had nothing to do with Jason's backdoor and didn't want him going home. And shockingly she's done it in front of Vanessa's face all three times.

I mean, considering the hell Austin caught for his lie I wish Vanessa had power when Shelli pulled this stuff.

But yeah it's great to see an honest to god power nomination again. BotB had all but killed those but we got our first real one in two years. This was the best nomination block since McRanda.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

James is probably the best HOH possibility even if he has been almost a non entity these last few weeks when his alliance wasn't in power, he's shown in the first week and this week, he really isn't afraid to upset some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
And he isn't unbearable as Jackie is and almost certainly would've been even more so with HOH.

• Locked thread