Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

precision posted:

I have the most fun with Mazebert when I'm intentionally ignoring what the cards do and just build the wackiest poo poo I can.

You have fun while gaming? Casual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
One of the best towers (in Mazebert) to use as your primary is Holgar the Horrible. He has a 2% chance on kill to get a "Bottle of Mead", which is a potion that gives damage, crit chance, crit damage, and a 1% chance to miss (and only works on vikings, of which he is the only one, unless someone else puts on a Viking Helmet). However, since it's a potion, you can just destroy 2 of them and get a random blue quality normal potion. He farms potions for you. This even works during the bonus round when you wouldn't normally gain any items. He also has some of the best single-target damage because he throws 2 axes that can both hit the same target. My last run was around 1400 seconds of bonus round time because he was critting 2 times every .2s for 2 million damage.

Also, Mr. Iron is ridiculous. His description is misleading. The 90 seconds for him to consume items and reboot is reduced by his attack speed bonus. Feed him all your boots and maybe marry him to your main potion drinker, then he takes like 6-10 seconds to eat 4 items and permanently gain their powers. You then feed him all your viking helmets and lucky pants to boost his luck stat to crazy levels, and equip him with 2 pieces of the withered set. That set gives him a 2% chance per hit to send enemies back 1 second in time. If you get him to say, 400% extra luck, he's doing that 10% of the time. If you get his attack speed to .1s per attack, you can keep creeps warping backwards for a long time. Even better, you equip him with Messerschmidt's Reaver and now he's warping enemies backwards in an area. As a bonus, you can feed him Herb Witch's Cauldrons and Irish Pub's Barrels to make him buff himself and adjacent towers.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

One of the best towers (in Mazebert) to use as your primary is Holgar the Horrible. He has a 2% chance on kill to get a "Bottle of Mead", which is a potion that gives damage, crit chance, crit damage, and a 1% chance to miss (and only works on vikings, of which he is the only one, unless someone else puts on a Viking Helmet). However, since it's a potion, you can just destroy 2 of them and get a random blue quality normal potion. He farms potions for you. This even works during the bonus round when you wouldn't normally gain any items. He also has some of the best single-target damage because he throws 2 axes that can both hit the same target. My last run was around 1400 seconds of bonus round time because he was critting 2 times every .2s for 2 million damage.

Also, Mr. Iron is ridiculous. His description is misleading. The 90 seconds for him to consume items and reboot is reduced by his attack speed bonus. Feed him all your boots and maybe marry him to your main potion drinker, then he takes like 6-10 seconds to eat 4 items and permanently gain their powers. You then feed him all your viking helmets and lucky pants to boost his luck stat to crazy levels, and equip him with 2 pieces of the withered set. That set gives him a 2% chance per hit to send enemies back 1 second in time. If you get him to say, 400% extra luck, he's doing that 10% of the time. If you get his attack speed to .1s per attack, you can keep creeps warping backwards for a long time. Even better, you equip him with Messerschmidt's Reaver and now he's warping enemies backwards in an area. As a bonus, you can feed him Herb Witch's Cauldrons and Irish Pub's Barrels to make him buff himself and adjacent towers.

Quality sperg, would read again. A+

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

tater_salad posted:

Why aren't more of you playing resources (or are you)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.pala.resources

Thanks for posting this.

I've been having fun strip mining my suburb for the past few days.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Magog posted:

Thanks for posting this.

I've been having fun strip mining my suburb for the past few days.

I've been finding excuses to get to random stores so I can set up mines all around my city, and to pick up loot caches. And now after finally upgrading my tech center to lvl 2 I can set up decent quality mines instead of my lovely starter ones. Before I know it I may actually get some exercise out of it. *shudder*

Not a ton of people are playing (I'm rank 6000 out of 8000) either so there hasn't been a ton of opportunity to sabotage/steal from enemy mines, but does allow me to claim basically the entire city.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Khanstant posted:

Anyone tried the Adventure Time Puzzle Quest? The actual puzzling seems to go so much faster, gems drop quickly, swap quickly. Almost too quickly since its super sensitive and sometimes does moves you dont want to do. I was enjoying it because they didnt do the annoying "give AI a turn on the board" poo poo I generally dislike since it invalidates any planning ahead. Then I pulled their slot machine and realized they're using the same lovely IAP model from Marvel PQ. Seriously one of the worst and most punitive IAP models out there. gently caress this industry.

I installed it yesterday morning, played for ten minutes or so and it crashed a bunch of times and kept freezing so I uninstalled it :shrug:

One day someone will make a good Adventure Time game... one day...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Minimalist space fleet strategy game SPACECOM is out for Android.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Minimalist space fleet strategy game SPACECOM is out for Android.

Is it any good? I'm not getting much from the screenshots.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Digital Jesus posted:

Is it any good? I'm not getting much from the screenshots.

One of the blogs had a write up on it today that was equally vague. I couldn't tell if it was like clash of clans with more single player or something else entirely. It has my interest but am waiting for goon approval before I give it 4 moon bucks

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

cyberia posted:

I have no idea what it is about this license that apparently makes it impossible to make a decent game from it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Angry Birds 2 is out.

TraderStav posted:

One of the blogs had a write up on it today that was equally vague. I couldn't tell if it was like clash of clans with more single player or something else entirely. It has my interest but am waiting for goon approval before I give it 4 moon bucks

Apparently SPACECOM plays like a slower paced node invasion game like Galcon/Auralux but with more strategic elements (ie. nodes/planets have resources and beneficial attributes, you have 3 different types of fleets each suited to particular tasks such as planetary invasion or fleet combat, you can install garrisons etc.)

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 30, 2015

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

Morpheus posted:

I have no idea what it is about this license that apparently makes it impossible to make a decent game from it.

I remember hearing that it's one of the most expensive licences, too, more than Star Wars.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
Finally picked up FFT and it plays fantastic on my Galaxy S3, thanks OP.

I know a few people said they were getting surveys from Google Rewards the last few days, anyone from Canada getting them? I got one about if I was the manager of a company, but none of the fantastically creepy photos everyone else is getting.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Newfie posted:

I know a few people said they were getting surveys from Google Rewards the last few days, anyone from Canada getting them? I got one about if I was the manager of a company, but none of the fantastically creepy photos everyone else is getting.

I haven't gotten one in weeks, but my wife gets one about 3-4 times per week.

And she lied (accidentally) on that waterpark question!! :psyduck:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

cyberia posted:

I recently reinstalled Card Wars and I'm having a good time with it. It's a $4 game that should be free to play (stamina system, gems necessary for decent card pulls and card storage), but the game itself is pretty fun. The cards could be balanced in a more forgiving way, and they sure as hell could be more generous with the premium currency, but it is genuinely pretty fun, especially if you can pull a few good rare cards. They also have a spinner minigame which can negate enemy damage and double your damage, so that can potentially even things out, but I turn it off.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I recently reinstalled Card Wars and I'm having a good time with it. It's a $4 game that should be free to play (stamina system, gems necessary for decent card pulls and card storage), but the game itself is pretty fun. The cards could be balanced in a more forgiving way, and they sure as hell could be more generous with the premium currency, but it is genuinely pretty fun, especially if you can pull a few good rare cards. They also have a spinner minigame which can negate enemy damage and double your damage, so that can potentially even things out, but I turn it off.

It is free to play now. And there are a lot of code that give high star cards and few heroes.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Started playing that Infectionator Hot Chase spinoff, but it's not really scratching my itch. Are there any decent games like it (or like Jetpack Joyride) where you cycle through that same pattern of play, buy upgrades, play, buy upgrades, etc?

I also liked Learn to Fly, Burrito Bison, Hedgehog Launch, etc. That feeling of being so much more powerful/faster/etc a few hours in than you were when you started out.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I know there was discussion a while back about people still playing The Simpson's. If you are please post your origin name. Mine is vulturesrow.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gems of war talk.

I want to see if that swamplash is any good. 20 possible damage to a single target seems pretty brutal. But entangle is a rare status effects on lovely units that share colors with swamplash. It can entangle but that means you got to use the ability before the enemy rolls the 1/4th chance to remove entangle.

Basically the team is just swamplash and goblin shaman. Im unsure the two other units.

Edit: I didn't see green seer. Entangle plus change color to green. That use green, brown, purple, yellow. Now I just need a red.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 30, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I played some Angry Birds 2 (I'm up to the second part of the world), and here's my two cents on it so far:

The Good and What's New

- The graphics are really, really good.

- Music's not too bad, either.

- You can choose between birds before launching them, as opposed to the other games where you have a set order.

- Levels come in multiple phases. So far, I've played through levels with 2 to 3 phases.

- The red bird gets an ability now which is a cone blast that can knock things down. I don't know if the big red bird gets a beefier version.

The Not-So-Good

- There's a lives system that gets used when you restart or lose a level.

- Facebook integration.

If you like Angry Birds, go ahead and give it a try, you might like it. I like it despite the lives system and the Facebook integration.

Also there's a thing going on right now where if you reach the second section you get a bunch of gems and the red bird gets a crown.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
More gems of war chat:

Gem Boys has 2 open slots. And I can probably kick an inactive if we need a third or fourth. Post your in game name or screen shot, and a picture of a robot playing a game. The super computer from Wargames is an excellent choice!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gromdul posted:

More gems of war chat:

Gem Boys has 2 open slots. And I can probably kick an inactive if we need a third or fourth. Post your in game name or screen shot, and a picture of a robot playing a game. The super computer from Wargames is an excellent choice!

Can you save me a spot? My guild almost has the diamond and key quest done.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

gromdul posted:

More gems of war chat:

Invite: Ragingsheep

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Gems of war talk.

I want to see if that swamplash is any good. 20 possible damage to a single target seems pretty brutal. But entangle is a rare status effects on lovely units that share colors with swamplash. It can entangle but that means you got to use the ability before the enemy rolls the 1/4th chance to remove entangle.

Basically the team is just swamplash and goblin shaman. Im unsure the two other units.

Edit: I didn't see green seer. Entangle plus change color to green. That use green, brown, purple, yellow. Now I just need a red.

Low Budget Swamplash Team:

Acolyte (Blue/Purple, create 10 brown gems, gain 1 magic)
Goblin Shaman (Brown/Purple, create 9 green gems, extra turn)
Swamplash (Green/Brown, 10 + (10 if entangled) damage to target, entangle target)
Cockatrice (Brown/Yellow, entangle target, drain mana from target)

Everything but red covered. The random nature of Goblin Shaman and Acolyte will bite you sooner or later, and base attack isn't good on anyone, but each unit has a color that feeds them first and the last three are easy to get. The problem is that if Swamplash dies, you have gently caress all for damage dealing, which is why I'm trying to hide him in the middle.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Does Gems of War ever get to the point where you can play regularly or is it always the whole "Out of gold? Pay here m'lord unless you want to wait until tomorrow." shtick?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Does Gems of War ever get to the point where you can play regularly or is it always the whole "Out of gold? Pay here m'lord unless you want to wait until tomorrow." shtick?

Yeah just play pvp. I get somewhere in the range of 250-900 gold per fight (then a 50% bonus). I have bought everything a while ago and donated something like 7,000 to my guild today.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Shwqa posted:

Yeah just play pvp. I get somewhere in the range of 250-900 gold per fight (then a 50% bonus). I have bought everything a while ago and donated something like 7,000 to my guild today.

I guess I can give it another shot. I tried some PvP day 1 and after the first couple dudes, it just matchmade me against impossible guys with way higher stuff and I bled out gold before I realized that I wasn't going to be able to doing anything for another day.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Once you get a halfway decent team going, money rolls in. I honestly can't remember the last game I lost, and I have hit rank 1 for the last three weeks.

Valkyrie and griffon knight is the ducks nuts. They feed each other and I have had games where once that combo starts rolling the opponent doesn't get another turn.

Also, be in a decent guild and save up gems for a set of armour. Mine gives extra souls and gold.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Toshimo posted:

I guess I can give it another shot. I tried some PvP day 1 and after the first couple dudes, it just matchmade me against impossible guys with way higher stuff and I bled out gold before I realized that I wasn't going to be able to doing anything for another day.

Day 1 is a little early for PvP because you haven't unlocked much of anything yet (new areas for Epic units, Treasure Hunt, a bunch of keys for units that work well together, souls for leveling your better units). But gold is only a handicap for the first day or two; once you get a team that synergizes decently you can hammer PvP pretty reliably, which is a great gold source to fund Arena runs for more souls to make PvP easier.

As far as nearby areas to shoot for, work your way east to Mist of Scales for Raven, southwest to Divinion Fields for Atlanta and south to Zhul'Kari for Treasure Hunt.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I played some Angry Birds 2 (I'm up to the second part of the world), and here's my two cents on it so far:

The Good and What's New

- The graphics are really, really good.

- Music's not too bad, either.

- You can choose between birds before launching them, as opposed to the other games where you have a set order.

- Levels come in multiple phases. So far, I've played through levels with 2 to 3 phases.

- The red bird gets an ability now which is a cone blast that can knock things down. I don't know if the big red bird gets a beefier version.

The Not-So-Good

- There's a lives system that gets used when you restart or lose a level.

- Facebook integration.

If you like Angry Birds, go ahead and give it a try, you might like it. I like it despite the lives system and the Facebook integration.

Also there's a thing going on right now where if you reach the second section you get a bunch of gems and the red bird gets a crown.

I've been playing a little bit. Its making my S4 show its age, but it works well enough.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Any idea on when the new Star Wars game comes out? I need my Diablo fix on my phone dang nabit.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

CappyBottoms posted:

Any idea on when the new Star Wars game comes out? I need my Diablo fix on my phone dang nabit.

The worldwide release is in September supposedly.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Newfie posted:

Jesus christ the S6 is a bad phone. I returned the app because it unloaded itself from memory every time I answered a call or texted. :negative:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Toshimo posted:

once you unlock arena you go infinite on gold

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I am drowning in gold in Gems of War; there's just no way I have enough time to play in the first place spend all of the resources I'm getting.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

wall monitor posted:

Started playing that Infectionator Hot Chase spinoff, but it's not really scratching my itch. Are there any decent games like it (or like Jetpack Joyride) where you cycle through that same pattern of play, buy upgrades, play, buy upgrades, etc?

I also liked Learn to Fly, Burrito Bison, Hedgehog Launch, etc. That feeling of being so much more powerful/faster/etc a few hours in than you were when you started out.

I'd like to know this as well. I love launch games but they seem to have fallen out of favor for clicker games. Last new one I played was Knightmare Tower.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't gotten one in weeks, but my wife gets one about 3-4 times per week.

And she lied (accidentally) on that waterpark question!! :psyduck:

Maybe they were testing for humor instead of honesty

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Antti posted:

I am drowning in gold in Gems of War; there's just no way I have enough time to play in the first place spend all of the resources I'm getting.

Thats one of the benefits of being in a good guild. I try to use as many maps a day as I can but I still have more than 30 to go.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Hey guys, Amazon out of the blue sent me $15 to use in their app store because I was logged in "from an android device" while browsing Amazon, probably also looking at their android apps. It might be worth a shot to try this and see if you can get $15.

You have to install an APK yourself, manually downloaded from Amazon. This is different than the regular, shopping Amazon App. And the money expires in like a month, so might as well blow it all before you forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The guy who made Wrassling (also a goon I believe) has a new game out called Battle Golf.