Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Reynold posted:

I was very annoyed with how they were handling lines to things like FFG and Forge World today. I was right at the exhibit hall entrance when the doors opened, and in the 45 seconds it took for me to walk over to FFG's booth and get in line, some hysterical FFG employee started shouting "WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING, THE LINE IS OVER BY THE WALL!" which was like a million people deep at that point. gently caress that. Also, Forge World didn't bring any of their event only models to this event. I got mine anyhow since I reserved them along with a bunch of other stuff, even though I was emailed back saying they couldn't guarantee they'd have any for me. They had no display and didn't bring much stuff this time, kind of a letdown. I'm not going to bother heading in early Thursday morning next year.

They need to make that line go out the hall because I couldn't even get to other booths because of it. loving nuisance. They also sold completely out of their new product for the whole weekend, so zero point in waiting after the first hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Gutter Owl posted:

FINAL ATTACK! open play again tomorrow. I'm looking at 6 or 7PM, but tomorrow is probably my most flexible workday.

Who wants in, and what time can you play?

I'm intrigued, so sure. I'm free after 4, but if we're in the dinnering time, a bit later would be better, so 7, maybe 8?

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Gutter Owl posted:

FINAL ATTACK! open play again tomorrow. I'm looking at 6 or 7PM, but tomorrow is probably my most flexible workday.

Any time around then works fine for me, just let me know what you decide

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Bottom Liner posted:

They need to make that line go out the hall because I couldn't even get to other booths because of it. loving nuisance. They also sold completely out of their new product for the whole weekend, so zero point in waiting after the first hour.

I was hoping to snag an early release of Armada stuff, but as I understand it wasn't available anyhow, so no huge loss for me, but it was still a pain.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

NSDM was kinda fun for the first hour or two. It's a bit of a drag now. Too many people too much insanity.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
If you have PMed me about King of New York, follow up on that unless you are the one goon I have already arranged to meet. I have three copies left and I am a first come, first served human powered game delivery service.

You know who you are.

Snagged Code Words and air brush paint for a goddamn bargain. Yay for nerdvana!

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!

Len posted:

Anyone see a booth selling Dead of Winter? I want to look into it.

I put my copy in the store, if it doesn't sale I'll give you a deal, Sunday

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Did my first ever True Dungeon(s) tonight. It was fun! Doing both back-to-back for 4 1/2 hours was too much though. One per day is saner. Also, the group you get makes a huge difference. First game was all newbs, we completed the puzzle track but it was kinda confusing and chaotic. Second game was a mix of newbs and veterans, one of whom busted out a huge token collection and buffed everyone up. It was still fairly chaotic but we completed it too and had more fun.

pakman posted:

Can anyone suggest a local coffee joint that isn't Starbucks that's decent? Also have a hankerin' for either ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Bee Coffee Roasters is across the street from ICC (by the food trucks), really good, open 24 hours through the con, and doing a "buy 4 coffees during GenCon, get a d6" promo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is anyone staying at the airport Hyatt Place?

nuggets
May 14, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Snagged Code Words and air brush paint for a goddamn bargain. Yay for nerdvana!

What kind of paint deal was that?

Going to buy a Badger Krome tomorrow. $80 con price is too good to pass up. I'm falling deeper into the airbrush hole.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lawen posted:

Did my first ever True Dungeon(s) tonight. It was fun! Doing both back-to-back for 4 1/2 hours was too much though. One per day is saner. Also, the group you get makes a huge difference. First game was all newbs, we completed the puzzle track but it was kinda confusing and chaotic. Second game was a mix of newbs and veterans, one of whom busted out a huge token collection and buffed everyone up. It was still fairly chaotic but we completed it too and had more fun.

Bee Coffee Roasters is across the street from ICC (by the food trucks), really good, open 24 hours through the con, and doing a "buy 4 coffees during GenCon, get a d6" promo.

Could you expand on the true dungeon a bit? I was considering it, but $52 seems a little steep.

Also my friend and I had to walk away from that MtG tournament, because it was 1 in the morning and it had been a long day.

Plan is to demo a bunch of games on the floor tomorrow. Then try to find some of the Sentinels of the multiverse expansions.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Gutter Owl posted:

I'm down, robots are always fun. I only have some seminars in the afternoon so I'll keep my eye on GroupMe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

QnoisX posted:

I put my copy in the store, if it doesn't sale I'll give you a deal, Sunday

Our bus rolls out at 1130 so I dunno if that fits with your timetable.

I haven't been drunk since Gencon last year I am such a lightweight right now. Holy poo poo.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I would be up for final attack again but closer to 7ish because of events, etc.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

nuggets posted:

What kind of paint deal was that?

Going to buy a Badger Krome tomorrow. $80 con price is too good to pass up. I'm falling deeper into the airbrush hole.

This set: http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Br...adger+paint+set

84 bottles $100 cash.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Any thoughts on drop zone commander? I am apparently a sucker for the 10mm scale and saw it here, trying not to just impulse buy.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gutter Owl posted:

Edit: redacted

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 31, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I'm not texting anyone. :colbert: Get on the GroupMe app, or check the thread.

Event will be at 7PM, Hall B/C/E/Wherever we can find an open table that we won't get shooed away from.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Gutter Owl posted:

I'm not texting anyone. :colbert: Get on the GroupMe app, or check the thread.

Event will be at 7PM, Hall B/C/E/Wherever we can find an open table that we won't get shooed away from.

I'll be there

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

nesbit37 posted:

Any thoughts on drop zone commander? I am apparently a sucker for the 10mm scale and saw it here, trying not to just impulse buy.

I really enjoy it. The 2 player starter pack is excellent, gives you everything you need to play a small "clash" game, even terrain. We talk about it in more detail here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699835&pagenumber=11&perpage=40

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If you demo five games at the Stronghold booth you can get Dark Moon for 50% off

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I have a Ram menu. Fuuuuuck yeah

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

pakman posted:

Can anyone suggest a local coffee joint that isn't Starbucks that's decent? Also have a hankerin' for either ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Pearing is frozen yogurt a block or two away and it's fantastic!

Editing to add the address.

6 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204

Neveth fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 31, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Len posted:

I have a Ram menu. Fuuuuuck yeah

The authorities have been notified and dispatched, do not resist arrest, you will be tazed.

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!

Len posted:

If you demo five games at the Stronghold booth you can get Dark Moon for 50% off

I got Dark Moon yesterday and Pictomania today. My group played demos too, but decided they didn't want anything. They are $30 and $25 respectively.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

goons throwing wild accusations around, just another gen con afternoon

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 1, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

My most of the day game is wrapping soon and I need foods. I hear tell of Shapiro's. Worth it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Indolent Bastard posted:

The authorities have been notified and dispatched, do not resist arrest, you will be tazed.

They left wax paper on our sandwich we're even

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I just bought a rusty toolbox full of lovely terrain and double wide masking tape at the auction because it was described as a "murder hobo starter kit" and so how could I not? GenCon Auction Best Auction.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dumb novelty shirts are expensive. On the plus side (?) no one in my "real life" will understand my Wayland-Yutani or crew of the Nostromo shirts.

jadarx
May 25, 2012
So did FFG announce something big for sale right now? Cause their site is completely dead

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Final Attack goons: current position is on the yellow tables in Hall E, near the Board Games HQ station and the Catan Tournament Area. We launch at 7.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Platonicsolid posted:

My most of the day game is wrapping soon and I need foods. I hear tell of Shapiro's. Worth it?

Get the Reuben, it's fantastic.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

Final Attack goons: current position is on the yellow tables in Hall E, near the Board Games HQ station and the Catan Tournament Area. We launch at 7.

Can you give better directions, or shoot up a flare? I'm an idiot and can't find a bunch of goons playing a game.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

QnoisX posted:

I got Dark Moon yesterday and Pictomania today. My group played demos too, but decided they didn't want anything. They are $30 and $25 respectively.

Which vendor has Pictomania?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Final attack trip report: we kick the ever loving poo poo out of the driller Robo beast. Never took an attack except in round eight (which trigger both primed evolutions), but had enough will to absorb 10 downed systems penalty with a couple to spare and about 10 leftover energy . Difficulty six.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Crackbone posted:

Final attack trip report: we kick the ever loving poo poo out of the driller Robo beast. Never took an attack except in round eight (which trigger both primed evolutions), but had enough will to absorb 10 downed systems penalty with a couple to spare and about 10 leftover energy . Difficulty six.

Yeah we hosed that robot up. I want to play again tomorrow if there's a chance. Ideally somewhere quieter. I could bring my laptop if that'd help volume concerns.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Argent: The Consortium yea or no for the price need more 3-5.
Also innovation is a neat game for 2 -5 I enjoyed all of it but 1v1 Innovation gets better each game

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Yeah we hosed that robot up. I want to play again tomorrow if there's a chance. Ideally somewhere quieter. I could bring my laptop if that'd help volume concerns.

Won't be available tomorrow, as my free time is going to BattleCON Worlds. But Sunday is promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Is Aetherium with the 10% coupon a no brainer?

• Locked thread