Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Just spent an hour and a half grinding through MSM as a necro with a pub group. End up getting stuck on the kraken boss, tank has trouble staying alive and I have to frantically improvise-tank for the group for half the fights. People start leaving, including the tank and support. We get new pubs, a cryo and a support. Cryo notices we have no tank and quickly suggests we kick the lower prestige guy (me). I'm kicked before I can blink.

Ask me how I feel about this game.

Is that kraken different from all the others? They have like one dangerous attack, the eel things, which instantly fall off you if you dash a single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

No, this is the kraken boss that continuously spawns little minions all day. Just to get to him you have to fight through several of these waves.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I would very much like to be carried through these poo poo dungeons by high prestige goons. Though I'm currently not in the goon pantheon for a couple of reasons. Who do I contact for coordinating this?

Asking in mumble seems like the best bet. I know at least HyC, Morglon and myself have been doing this.

Schubalts posted:

Is that kraken different from all the others? They have like one dangerous attack, the eel things, which instantly fall off you if you dash a single time.

No. The only difference is it spawns adds, which if you aggro as the tank and the DD in the group isn't killing them quickly, may deal a lot of damage to you. The actual Kraken basically does nothing and that fight is the easiest boss fight in any 5-man. In fact, it's not a boss fight, it's just an elite Kraken.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

No, this is the kraken boss that continuously spawns little minions all day. Just to get to him you have to fight through several of these waves.

You don't have to fight through any waves, that will just make the fight harder. Just kill the trash before the fight away from corridor the minions run through, heal up, then run straight for the Kraken and AoE down the minions.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

blueberrysmith posted:

Creepin'. I think you need a solid series of pictures like this. Document the story of Dorito God ogling Russian ladies endlessly.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

The gooniest of goons :allears: I look forward to more of the God of Doritos adventures.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Knight: Falcon...Punch!

Knight is the second tank option in Skyforge. Instead of shields and short-term invincibility like the Paladin, Knight depends on active mitigation, damage reflectionmobility, and crowd control to tank. And you get a loving falcon.

Stances

Knight has two stances: Normal and Barrier. Normal is for when you aren't being hit by things or when you haven't unlocked Barrier II. Once you unlock Barrier II, Barrier should be used any time you are being hit.

Abilities

Normal Stance

Crushing Blow (LMB+LMB+LMB): The second hit knocks down weak enemies, the final hit deal AoE and activates impulse. Each attack causes you to lunge towards enemies which can be very useful in pvp.
  • Salt in the Wound: Makes Crushing Blow deal more damage to CC'd targets. Not worth taking.

Resolute Strike (LMB+LMB+RMB): Stabs your spear with all the force of a geriatric octogenarian. Can consume willpower to do bonus damage. Still sucks even when it consumes willpower.
  • Resolute Strike II: Makes Resolute Strike deal real damage and debuff the target to take additional damage from the Knight. Use this for DPS.
  • Will Breaker: Resolute Strike makes Players even more vulnerable to Knight's attacks and to other players attacks. Use for PvP.
  • Stab Wounds: Makes Resolute Strike place a dot on the target that refreshes whenever they move. Solid for PvP even if the DoT is a small amount of damage. poo poo for PvE.

Barrier Stance

Lunge (LMB+LMB): Ok damage, can't consume impulse, locks you into animation. Only useful if you don't have Stray Attach II
  • Stab Wounds: Makes Lunge place a dot on the target that refreshes whenever they move. Solid for PvP even if the DoT is a small amount of damage. poo poo for PvE.

Battering Ram
  • (Press RMB): Damages all enemies in front of the Knight. Can consume impulse charges and stun with talents. Use this most of the time unless you have Stray Attack II.
  • (Hold RMB) Charges quickly through enemies and does the frontal AoE if released or if held down until the end of the bar. Your main CC.
  • Daring Youth: Battering Ram regenerates a Dash Charge if you hit an enemy. If you don't have enough Dash Charges, it gives you two once every 30 seconds. This talent is basically mandatory for mobility and tanking.
  • Collison: Battering Ram stuns enemies for 2 seconds and deals significantly more damage. Another basically mandatory talent.

Both Stances

Stray Attack (LMB+RMB): Swings your spear like a pool floaty for absolute poo poo damage. Don't ever use this poo poo.
  • Stray Attack II: Makes Stray Attack deal a fuckload more damage (Like 500% more). Turns Stray Attack into bread and butter dps/impulse consumer when in Barrier Stance. Also gives Stray Attack a chance give a tiny shield. Not worth it for the shield alone.
  • Pile Driver: Stray Attack deals more damage. Only good for Dps but there are probably better talents.

Havoc (1): AoE damage.
  • Heavy Tread: Havoc immobilizes players and stuns mobs. Must have for tanking.
  • Earthquake: Makes Havoc pull enemies in and slow them.
  • Mother Earth: Havoc and Earthquake deal additional damage the more enemies they hit. Decent for AoE but not worth a talent slot.

Falcon Attack (Press 2): Primary dps and tanking ability. Deal high damage. Short cooldown. 90% of your willpower will be spent on this.
  • Falconry: Cutting Grass (Hold 2): Solid AoE in a straight line. Actives the same talents as Falcon Attack so a decent choice against a group of enemies. Less useful for tanking/pvp.
  • Sky Hunter: Increased damage of Falcony and reduced cost. Used in tanking harder content without a lot of AoE/mobs.
  • Falconer: More damage on Falcon Attack when you hit 2 enemies with Cutting Grass. Not so great.
  • Inspiration: Falcon Attack and Cutting Grass remove the Willpower Reduction debuff from Barrier. Increases the damage reduction of Barrier 2 for the duration of the Inspiration Buff. Mandatory for Tanking/Soloing.

Resolute Rebuff (3): Immunity and Damage Reflect. Most of your dps will come from this ability. You hold it down, soak a bunch of damage, then release to blow things the gently caress up in a large AoE. This makes clearly most solo content trivial.
  • Stronghold: The other option for3. No more immunity but reduces your groups damage by 80% while active if they are in the area. Damage absorbed caps at 1/3 of the Knights hp. If you pick it, we will make fun of you. Real Talk: Might be situationally useful but mostly bad
  • Knightly Daring: Reduces Cooldown of Resolute Rebuff and Stronghold by 5 seconds. Mandatory.

Spear Throw (4): Ranged Pull + Taunt.
  • Heavy Tip: Spear Throw slows and deals bonus damage. Great for PvP.

Tantrum (Z): Restores Willpower, buffs damage, increases melee ranged by 50%. Pick if you are solo or dps.
  • Resolute Defense: Restores Willpower and makes all of your abilities generate a shield on use. You basically take 0l0 damage for the duration. Pick if you are tanking.
  • Battlemaster: Tantrum and Resolute Defense make teammates move faster and take less damage. Good talent. Can't fit it in anything but a PvP build. Yes, it calls Tantrum and Resolute defense by completely different names. loving Russia Game.

Falcon Fury (X): Summons a huge loving falcon that shoots piss tornados that slow down enemies. Great for kiting. You will almost never take this because it requires you to pick between it an Stray Attack II. Only take this if you have to kite.

Stunning Blow (C): Long leap followed by a stun and AoE damage. Great for PvP/mobility.
  • Suppression: More damage. Longer stun. Useful for PvP.

Barrier (V - Toggle): Tanking stance that gives flat damage reduction but reduces willpower generation. Pretty lovely without Barrier II.
  • Barrier II: Makes barrier amazing for solo and tanking. It now reduces more damage and reflects damage if you use an ability that costs willpower. Mandatory for Tanking.
  • Rockwall. Barrier reduces more damage and you generate more threat. Mandatory for tanking.

Might Blow (E): Execute. Punch enemies into a sky for your falcon to gently caress-up.
  • Fighting Spirit: Mighty Blow reduces the cooldown of Tantrum by 30 seconds. Basically lets you use Tantrum every pull. Great for soloing/dps. poo poo otherwise.

Whiplash (Ult): Can resurrect upon death with 50% hp. Deals AoE damage.

Other talents:
  • Rampage of Strength: Impulse deals more damage and restores willpower. Mandatory for all builds.
  • Triumph: Generates additional impulse charges on kills. Really good for solo.
  • Unshakable: Knight is immune to crowd control when health is lower than 70%. Great for everything.

Standard Tanking - This is what you should use 90% of the time.
Abilities: Barrier II, Resolute Rebuff, Resolute Defender, Stray Attack II, Earthquake, Falconry

Talents: Falconer, Rockwall, Inspiration, Knightly Daring, Sky Hunter, Triumph, Rampage of Strength, Collision

Symbols: Bonus Dash, Inertia, Double Discharge, Clever Maneuver, Divine Intervention, Impulse Barrier, Protector's Creed, Breakout, Balance, Defense Reflex, Adrenaline Surge, Recharging Consumables, Consumable Efficiency, Life Energy, Instant Ice

• Always have Barrier II on.
  • Basic combat should be Cutting Grass, Stray Attack/Lunge for 6 seconds, Falcon Attack, Stray Attack/Lunge for 6 seconds, Falcon Attack, Stray Attack/Lunge for 6 second, Repeat.
  • Charge in with battering ram to open with a stun.
  • Use Earthquake to pull enemies into AoE.
  • Resolute Rebuff on cooldown for less damage incoming and more damage outgoing. Save for bit hits in boss fights.
  • Battering Ram whenever you have an impulse charge to restore willpower
  • In a group dungeon, don't unless you are using Resolute Rebuff.
  • Solo, feel free to stand in poo poo if you have your damage reflect from Barrier II up, it's free damage.
  • Use Resolute Defense to restore your Willpower when it gets low. Alternately pop it at the start of a hard pull to smooth out the initial burst.

Mobility/CC Tanking - This is what you should use if you are getting your rear end handed to you.
Abilities: Barrier II, Resolute Rebuff, Resolute Defender, Falcon Fury, Earthquake, Stunning Blow

Talents: Heavy Tread, Rockwall, Inspiration, Knightly Daring, Unshakable, Daring Youth, Rampage of Strength, Collision

Symbols: Bonus Dash, Inertia, Double Discharge, Clever Maneuver, Divine Intervention, Impulse Barrier, Protector's Creed, Breakout, Balance, Defense Reflex, Adrenaline Surge, Recharging Consumables, Consumable Efficiency, Life Energy, Instant Ice

• Always have Barrier II on. Falconry every 6 seconds for the buff.
  • Charge in with battering ram to open with a stun.
  • Periodically use Havoc/Earthquake for stuns.
  • Resolute Rebuff on cooldown for less damage incoming and more damage outgoing. Save for bit hits in boss fights.
  • Liberally use Battering Ram to run around and knock poo poo down.
  • Battering Ram whenever you have an impulse charge to restore willpower
  • Falcon Fury to push enemies around.
  • Don't stand in poo poo unless you are using Resolute Rebuff.
  • Stunning blow to bounce between enemies
  • Use Resolute Defense to restore your Willpower when it gets low. Alternately pop it at the start of a hard pull to smooth out the initial burst.
  • You should be moving more than standing still. Always be charging. Only stand still to Earthquake/Resolute Rebuff or While under Resolute Defense.

What if I don't have Barrier II and Inspiration?

Sucks to be you. Getting Barrier II and Inspiration at least doubles your kill-speed. Knight is basically hot garbage without any of the II abilities.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 8, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thanks for this, now I have something to start working with and spec into.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

weres the pichers

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
I'm definitely having a blast playing this. Spent a good 5 hours playing tonight. Do you eventually unlock new costume stuff through questing and what not?

People in chat were also saying to keep your prestige low for some reason...

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You get the 13 class costumes from playing them in the training room. 13 more class costumes from maxing each class. A bunch are exclusives (events and other rewards), some from the marketplace, and some from prestige.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Where is the necromancer guide in this thread? I'm looking for the ultimate endgame PvE necrobuild.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
i really hope this grind to knight is gonna be worth it. i always dreamed of a day i could train a bird to pick people off and carry them to their nest of baby birds to eat them and whatnot. i hope that minnesota dentist dude doesnt find my pet bird bros and hunt them down like that poor lion bro

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Beat up tha' pussy turn it upside-down
Put a red nose on it like a pussyhole clown

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

iRoNgHosT posted:

People in chat were also saying to keep your prestige low for some reason...
The reason is a reddit guy who later posted to say he was wrong but they probably missed that.

Some stats are more valuable than others but having a higher prestige doesn't do anything besides unlock content sooner. Unless you're really worried about fair matchups in pvp (good luck with that one)

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 31, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

AmiEsiM posted:

i really hope this grind to knight is gonna be worth it. i always dreamed of a day i could train a bird to pick people off and carry them to their nest of baby birds to eat them and whatnot. i hope that minnesota dentist dude doesnt find my pet bird bros and hunt them down like that poor lion bro

You can always hear a knight before you see them. All that eagle screeching tends to get old fast.

Also there is a point for both inflating Prestige and keeping it low, both are pretty spergy and more trouble than they're worth. Just play the game and advance naturally.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I really wish my prestiege was much closer to the expected proficiency for the dungeons I am running.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

AmiEsiM posted:

It's worth it. They probably have the fastest clear time of solo adventures except maybe necros. Knight will change some when we get the big patch because Russian OBT has had several balance changes. Still a really good class.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 31, 2015

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Is it normal for loot boxes from the last boss of a dungeon to just disappear? I've been seeing this alarmingly often.

VVV- I'm definitely not playing on easy. This usually happens while in a group.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If you play on very easy you don't get loot at all. The last boss chest will still drop but you don't get anything out of it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Where do you go again to see your limit cap and how far/close you are to reaching it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Currency in inventory.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm okay to be just following the basic story progression right? Like, I'm not missing out on ~mad spark gainz~ by not doing some random sidequests or whatever?

For reference, I'm prestige ~1700, just finished the second open area (Laerian Forest?)

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Given that we are still getting a pile of invite requests from goons still for the guild it seems that the issue was not fixed by my lazy efforts. After this square goes up we will be building a whole new shiny clan. So I am gonna need a new loving shitlord pulled from the filth of societies sewers to run it. As usual people that want the job will not get it and those who refuse the job will. I also can be bought in the form of lavish seven digit guild donations and pulling on the dicks of my fellow commanders till they quack. (gently caress we should have a duck game match to determine the commander now that I think about it.)

Ill do it, and only check wtf about once every day or something dumb like that. That way you can put all the under preformers in one group it will be clan not sperg.

Oh im Wies Rienhart or some stupid poo poo like that.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

wjs5 posted:

Ill do it, and only check wtf about once every day or something dumb like that. That way you can put all the under preformers in one group it will be clan not sperg.

Oh im Wies Rienhart or some stupid poo poo like that.

Excellent! You are not hired!

Any other takers?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

I demand a cryomancer only clan to be lead by whoever can insert the most ice cubes into their rectums.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, I installed the game, started playing it. Was told there was controller support (or would be). I can move around with the controller, and one of the buttons goes to settings, but none of the buttons actually do anything else. Looked for a controller setup option, there was none. So, it's like a big loving tease for using a controller. Tell me oh gods of the internet, is this false hope or will I actually be able to play the game with a controller?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Any other takers?

Who the gently caress would hate themselves enough to volunteer to be part of Drinkfist's tyrannical poo poo show? Pick the highest prestige fucker who isn't already a leader. Most likely to be on every day right there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jimbosaurus posted:

So, I installed the game, started playing it. Was told there was controller support (or would be). I can move around with the controller, and one of the buttons goes to settings, but none of the buttons actually do anything else. Looked for a controller setup option, there was none. So, it's like a big loving tease for using a controller. Tell me oh gods of the internet, is this false hope or will I actually be able to play the game with a controller?

You could but you'd need something to reroute the commands like xpadder.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Lawlicaust posted:

Who the gently caress would hate themselves enough to volunteer to be part of Drinkfist's tyrannical poo poo show?

:smith:

Actually I volunteered because I can usually log in from work and am reachable through PMs whenever I'm awake. Since literally the only important thing for commanders is being available to log in to vote so pantheon poo poo doesn't stall for days at the voting stage.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

So I am gonna need a new loving shitlord pulled from the filth of societies sewers to run it. As usual people that want the job will not get it and those who refuse the job will.

Lawlicaust posted:

Who the gently caress would hate themselves enough to volunteer to be part of Drinkfist's tyrannical poo poo show? Pick the highest prestige fucker who isn't already a leader. Most likely to be on every day right there.

Ur Hired.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 31, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Drinkfist posted:

Your Hired.

His hired what?

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

ChickenWing posted:

I'm okay to be just following the basic story progression right? Like, I'm not missing out on ~mad spark gainz~ by not doing some random sidequests or whatever?

For reference, I'm prestige ~1700, just finished the second open area (Laerian Forest?)

It's fine. You get spark replicator packs from sidequests sometimes though (I think)? which can be vendored for 170 space diamonds each (a $25,000 value!) Or maybe they are only from main story quests.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

His hired what?

His hired mule will be the new leader of the next pantheon.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You could but you'd need something to reroute the commands like xpadder.

If that's the case, then Ok then, I can just set it up like I did Neverwinter. Though, I thought they were going to have full in game controller support. It seems like it, just not fully implemented-- you can move around, but that's about it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The key binds for this game are implemented like absolute dogshit.

My understanding is that if you rebind the movement keys away from WASD, the shift-dodge still remains on WASD

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Prestige 1047 lowly newb over here, but does your equipment ever actually change in appearance? Or does it all just look the same for ever and ever.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Paranoid Dude posted:

Prestige 1047 lowly newb over here, but does your equipment ever actually change in appearance? Or does it all just look the same for ever and ever.

There are at least three Paladin sword skins in the sub-3k prestige range and at least two Lightbringer tennis rackets.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Kessel posted:

The key binds for this game are implemented like absolute dogshit.

My understanding is that if you rebind the movement keys away from WASD, the shift-dodge still remains on WASD

I saw a video of a Russian player using ESDF without issues. But perhaps they were using double tap to dodge? I prefer doing so myself.

Paranoid Dude posted:

Different weapon models based on some unclear factor. I believe they just get cycled based on proficiency, though.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Any other takers?

Excellent! I didnt really want to be hired and I figured that was the best way to ensure it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futile
May 18, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I saw a video of a Russian player using ESDF without issues. But perhaps they were using double tap to dodge? I prefer doing so myself.
I use ESDF. Shift-dodge is still hardbound to the original WASD. Double-tap dodge works for SDF but not for E so I can't forward dodge.

Works fine otherwise.

• Locked thread