Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh look, it's the world's most tepid, GBS burn.

You seem to be viewing a cached version of the page because the conversation's moved on buddy

either that or it really took you that long to come up with something "witty" about my 4-second assessment of his attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Now I've actually seen everything

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poo poo like this is reason no one with real money will ever pay for a kickstarter

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

You seem to be viewing a cached version of the page because the conversation's moved on buddy

either that or it really took you that long to come up with something "witty" about my 4-second assessment of his attitude

Or non American time zones exist.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

you are the new dumbest mother fucker on the planet

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you are the new dumbest mother fucker on the planet
It's a little known fact that because of the spherical nature of the Earth, it is night in some places at the same time it is day elsewhere.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am posting this from the future.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

You could have let it go then?

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

I can't help but think that Mighty No.9 is going to be not-that-great, and Comcept knows it.
I mean, look at this video of the near-finished game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhbQ8Eik6Y

It looks like absolutely nothing special to me, and I backed it.

Maybe they shoved the Red Ash kickstarter out there before Mighty No.9 was out and people were disappointed by it and wouldn't be as enthusiastic about backing another game by them. :tinfoil:

ce gars has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Jul 31, 2015

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hearing that twerp say "Here we go" would be annoying except the game will probably be bad and so I probably won't play it. Also dashing into everything after shooting at it seems like it will get super annoying and is generally unnecessary. I'm honestly not sure what it adds?

It also does the cardinal sin of reminding people of something better, that being Megaman X's opening stage, which was awesome.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

ErIog posted:

If I wanted to take part in uninformed internet mob mentality then I'd go to 4chan or Reddit. I expect more from SA.
My name isn't even next to this post what's going on

GrandpaPants posted:

Also dashing into everything after shooting at it seems like it will get super annoying and is generally unnecessary. I'm honestly not sure what it adds?
I think it has something to do with the scoring system? If it is, then it's optional anyway.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Seriously thinking about starting a Kickstarter to get a boob job on my back.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ce gars posted:

I can't help but think that Mighty No.9 is going to be not-that-great, and Comcept knows it.

Maybe they shoved the Red Ash kickstarter out there before Mighty No.9 was out and people were disappointed by it and wouldn't be as enthusiastic about backing another game by them. :tinfoil:
:agreed:

GrandpaPants posted:

It also does the cardinal sin of reminding people of something better, that being Megaman X's opening stage, which was awesome.
Or how it will be directly compared to the other not-Megaman kickstarter, Shovel Knight, which managed what looks to be a far better polished, better looking, and more fun game on literally less than a tenth the budget.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CoolCat posted:

Seriously thinking about starting a Kickstarter to get a boob job on my back.

what are your stretch goals

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

theflyingorc posted:

what are your stretch marks

FTFY.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cheez posted:

I'm not sure if I said it before, but if I had to describe the game, it looks a lot like Popeye with somehow worse design. Also the whole unnecessary furry fetish aspect, but that probably goes without saying?

This game is also based on an awful webcomic isn't it?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kaizoku posted:

On that note, does anyone believe that Barkley 2 is ever coming out at this point?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Do you think this could be the next Dashcon?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
gotta go fast-con

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

Do you think this could be the next Dashcon?

They've apparently already run at least one successful convention already, so they've got that going for them against Dashcon. :v:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

ce gars posted:

All I know about this game is that it made nerds mad for some reason and now I learned that Doctor White is apparently Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

goon project?? think of the photos

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I got the kitten game that everyone hated this weekend. It was a fun game to play with friends over drinks. The "lol random" element was there but it served as just a background to the game which was quick competitive and fun. I'd call the cards like a random version of fluxx. They don't really add much but there are neat if you like that sort of thing.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

b-b-b-but it was made by a man from one of The Wrong Websites!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TetsuoTW posted:

b-b-b-but it was made by a man from one of The Wrong Websites!

Will you just shut up already jesus christ, go make a thread about tenderly loving kickstarters if this thread's existence really bothers you that much

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In a good company you can enjoy almost anything. The product is still dumb.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Will you just shut up already jesus christ, go make a thread about tenderly loving kickstarters if this thread's existence really bothers you that much
eh maybe

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Optimist with doubt posted:

I got the kitten game that everyone hated this weekend. It was a fun game to play with friends over drinks. The "lol random" element was there but it served as just a background to the game which was quick competitive and fun. I'd call the cards like a random version of fluxx. They don't really add much but there are neat if you like that sort of thing.

So why not just play Fluxx?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fluxx isn't random enough?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I dunno man I think it's a fine little game. You can play it quick on a night and play a few games, including fluxx. But carry on with the hate. I said I'd report back when the game came out.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

I dunno man I think it's a fine little game. You can play it quick on a night and play a few games, including fluxx. But carry on with the hate. I said I'd report back when the game came out.

In what world does being more random then Fluxx a good thing?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
jesus christ, if it's fun, it's fun.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Germstore posted:

I mean, there's every possibility that people are going to convince themselves they're having fun when they aren't - everybody does that sometimes to justify their decisions. If people are still playing in 3-4 months, then we'll know it's actually a good game.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

I mean, there's every possibility that people are going to convince themselves they're having fun when they aren't - everybody does that sometimes to justify their decisions. If people are still playing in 3-4 months, then we'll know it's actually a good game.

Maybe those people aren't actually having fun and will later regret buying a 20$ card game and be sad about it, I hope

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Germstore posted:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

Maybe those people aren't actually having fun and will later regret buying a 20$ card game and be sad about it, I hope

i don't care much either way

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

unpacked robinhood posted:

I knew a guy that would love to drink milk until he puked and would call that fun as he tried to best himself each time he did it.

What I'm trying to say here is this game is like drinking milk until you puke and if you find that fun, well that's your problem.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey guys. Just wanted to tell you that my tungsten miracle balls are super fun. Please don't make fun of them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The kittens game and it's hate-following both seem kinda equally lame? :confused: