Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Hollywood Facts

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Weeelllllllllllllllllllll iiiiiiiiiiiitttt'ssssss

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

iiiiiiiiiiiitttt'ssssss

been

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Why do they keep saying hey young man like is really funny? Is it a YMCA ref? Inside joke?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Hey young man, heynong man-tzoukas

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Why do they keep saying hey young man like is really funny? Is it a YMCA ref? Inside joke?

Listen to Jason Manzoukis' last appearance and all will become clear.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Back To 99 posted:

Hey young man, heynong man-tzoukas

Shame nong you.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Hey y'all I feel bad because I've been so hopelessly addicted to You Made It Weird lately that I straight up skipped two CBB's and haven't listened to the entirety of this weeks ep even what should I do

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
These past two episodes are so good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

hey nong man

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Seems like they had a hard time tying in the murder (personally I was hoping for a murder/suicide combo) with Andy this week, in fact the whole episode sorta fumbled all over itself weirdly.. I dunno about you fuckers but I'm ready for a new Benny Schwaaz ep.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Seems like they had a hard time tying in the murder (personally I was hoping for a murder/suicide combo) with Andy this week, in fact the whole episode sorta fumbled all over itself weirdly.. I dunno about you fuckers but I'm ready for a new Benny Schwaaz ep.

Yeahhh I was definitely expecting Jimmy Bongos to defenestrate himself.

The "Was that okay, Paul?" "Uhh who's Paul?" cracked me up.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

They kinda always do. Like when Scott, who's always such a stickler about consistency in everyone else's fake stories, suddenly started talking about these really specific things he had read about Chip Gardner even though at the beginning of the bit he acted like he hadn't heard of him before. :spergin:

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Bad opinion time. I don't like Ben all that much. he's too full of himself. Also solo episodes aren't v good

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
You go right to heck you negative nongman

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
One of my favorite recurring bits is Scott not knowing what Ben's show is called. House Of Pies or simply, Pie Town, always get my motor running

head out on the highway

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My phone now corrects various words to "nong" and it's literally the only thing autocorrect has ever done to make my life measurably better.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

Bad opinion time. I don't like Ben all that much. he's too full of himself. Also solo episodes aren't v good

Call me Tiny because that's actually a great opinion!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ImPureAwesome posted:

Sometimes I hate the singing. But sometimes I bust up laughing.

It's the definition of hit or miss.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Singing on podcasts is just not good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Solo Bolos are good, Ben Schwartz is funny, I love hearing 40% lyrics of any showtune.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

I don't think the Andyverse is a big concern anymore; it climaxed in the God/Devil battle.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Solo Bolos are good, Ben Schwartz is funny, I love hearing 40% lyrics of any showtune.

That's a good opinion!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Golden Bee posted:

I don't think the Andyverse is a big concern anymore; it climaxed in the God/Devil battle.

Scott loving loves continuity, the innocent CBB listener is never safe from his horrible nerdly tendancies.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, when you listen to Scott on the Sharknado 3 HDTGM you get an even better sense of how obsessed with continuity he is.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
What's funny is that it takes two other giant comic book nerds in Zouks and PFT to call him out on messing up the continuity of Mike the Janitor/Andrew Lloyd Webber. As much as Scott loves continuity, Paul seems to get actually angry when it's messed up.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't know if PFT is a comic book nerd, he just likes saying "Uatu the Watcher".

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeez posted:

I don't know if PFT is a comic book nerd, he just likes saying "Uatu the Watcher".

Never a truer statement than this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

tnimark posted:

That's a good opinion!

That opinion's okay.

Practical Demon posted:

What's funny is that it takes two other giant comic book nerds in Zouks and PFT to call him out on messing up the continuity of Mike the Janitor/Andrew Lloyd Webber. As much as Scott loves continuity, Paul seems to get actually angry when it's messed up.

I can't tell if he's genuinely angry about messing up the continuity, or if it's more about Scott calling him on continuity errors, but then making those same mistakes.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The reason I like Zouks and PFT is that bullying Scott is only ever punching up. Because he's tall.

Lapkus was fun on the previous podcast too. But ever since she came up with Hoho The Naughty Elf, I'm sad whenever she's not playing Hoho The Naughty Elf.

JethroMcB posted:

Benny Schwass is one of my favourite guests, but the musical madness gets a little much in a solobolo.

ImPureAwesome posted:

Bad opinion time. I don't like Ben all that much. he's too full of himself.
I don't see why you call him full of himself. He's a confident guy, he knows who he is and he's happy and that's what I admire about him. I don't think it ever crosses a line into arrogance or anything.

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Middleditch does it somewhere in his You Made It Weird episode, I'll see if I can find a timecode later
Oh, now I'm wondering if I did actually hear this already...or if I'm thinking of Pete Holmes' own impression in an Emily/Kumail episode. Hrmm.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Benny Schwaa is the kind of guy I would have hated in high school but on a podcast I think he's A-ok.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

VagueRant posted:

Lapkus was fun on the previous podcast too. But ever since she came up with Hoho The Naughty Elf,

Hoho!

VagueRant posted:

I'm sad whenever she's not playing Hoho The Naughty Elf.

Hoho!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

feedmyleg posted:

Hoho!

Hoho!

Blehhhhh

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

VagueRant posted:

Lapkus was fun on the previous podcast too. But ever since she came up with Hoho The Naughty Elf, I'm sad whenever she's not playing Hoho The Naughty Elf.

I agree, but I want her to revisit the kid detective character as well. The "four words" callback in the last episode was great.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The official spelling is Blech

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Expanded universe bleeh

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

I would pay money to know what the hell Paul F. Tompkins Giles was doing when he dropped into CBB with like 20 girls with swords, hahaha. =D

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Lor posted:

I would pay money to know what the hell Paul F. Tompkins Giles Jarles was doing when he dropped into CBB with like 20 girls with swords, hahaha. =D

ftfy

The only explanation you need for anything involving Jarles is #classicjarles

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Lor posted:

I would pay money to know what the hell Paul F. Tompkins Giles was doing when he dropped into CBB with like 20 girls with swords, hahaha. =D

I assumed he was waiting to tape Spontaneanation or whatever it's called, I thought I could hear Janet Varney among them and I believe she's been on that show before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Andy Daly proclaiming that there's only so many voices was the best thing ever.