Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

SpaceAceJase posted:

The app just logged me out, twice. I've been logged in for months until this point. Is this a known bug?

Looks to be working again now.

Did it actually log you out? I've gotten messages saying it can't load because I'm logged out, but if I go to the recent apps screen and swipe Awful off of it, then go back to the app, everything is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Please make the subforum arrows face the correct way like the iOS app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

kri kri posted:

Don't look now but this is actually changing in the iOS app next version!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I really love the ability for post drafts to save if you leave the page. Is there possibility of a similar feature for PMs?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

kri kri posted:

Please fix everything else first.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!
What's lower priority? Thread posting or subforum arrows?

Thread posting.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm getting that always logged out problem again.

enter my credentials and get Glue.
try to refresh pages, it says im not logged in. Try to post, dumps back to login page.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Party Boat posted:

Possibly dumb question: do I need to do anything special to make attached images not show as broken links? Happens on my S4 mini running 4.2 and my Kindle Fire running Cyanogenmod. Both have login credentials stored in Chrome so tapping the broken image shows it in that, but it would be great if they showed natively!

Can anyone else chime in on this? I'd like to know if it's this a limitation of the app (given how SA handles attachments I'd understand if it was something that was basically impossible to implement) or is my install broken in a weird way?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Party Boat posted:

Can anyone else chime in on this? I'd like to know if it's this a limitation of the app (given how SA handles attachments I'd understand if it was something that was basically impossible to implement) or is my install broken in a weird way?

Works for me™

What phone on what android version?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

Works for me™

I would like to mention that I've had users of my app on Windows Phone have similar issues with their devices, and I can't replicate them on mine. So... yeah :shrug:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kommando posted:

I'm getting that always logged out problem again.

enter my credentials and get Glue.
try to refresh pages, it says im not logged in. Try to post, dumps back to login page.

seems fixed now. :shrug:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Oh no oh no, i just updated tonight to 3.0.2.9 and no byob threads will load :(

The purple bg and the hammock cat load (ty for adding those btw!), and the thread loading bar finishes up, but no posts show, just an empty background. I tried closing the app which has fixed bugs in the past, but no luck.

Grey forum threads still seem to be fine, I'm posting this from the app.

e: i disabled the byob/fyad/yospos stylesheet in settings, still no luck in byob threads!

alnilam fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 24, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Sereri posted:

Works for me™

Samsung S4 mini on 4.4.2. Everything else works fine.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

alnilam posted:

Oh no oh no, i just updated tonight to 3.0.2.9 and no byob threads will load :(

The purple bg and the hammock cat load (ty for adding those btw!), and the thread loading bar finishes up, but no posts show, just an empty background. I tried closing the app which has fixed bugs in the past, but no luck.

Grey forum threads still seem to be fine, I'm posting this from the app.

e: i disabled the byob/fyad/yospos stylesheet in settings, still no luck in byob threads!

Yeah I'm dumb and broke that with the ignored posters stuff.

Goddammit Radium, why couldn't you just style poo poo with css.

/e:
Fixed. It's going out, APK for 3.2.0.9b in it's usual place here

Sereri fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 24, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Thank you op and all other contributors :love:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Suggestion: Please add an AmberPOS theme that doesn't change every other forum as well. Would be very grateful, thanks.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Suggestion: Please add an AmberPOS theme that doesn't change every other forum as well. Would be very grateful, thanks.

Check out the drop down menu when you're in YOSPOS with forum specific themes enabled.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

VodeAndreas posted:

Check out the drop down menu when you're in YOSPOS with forum specific themes enabled.
He actually wants the YOSPOS-specific theme to be AmberPOS instead of GreenPOS.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

anthonypants posted:

He actually wants the YOSPOS-specific theme to be AmberPOS instead of GreenPOS.

Yeah, when you've got the forum specific themes enabled hit the button in the upper right while in YOSPOS and hit the YOSPOS button, it will swap it between green and amber while keeping the other forums grey/whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought Serei said attachments were fixed but I'm using 3.2.0.9b and I still get this black box thing instead. Anyone else? Dunno if it matters but I do have plat on my account.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

I thought Serei said attachments were fixed but I'm using 3.2.0.9b and I still get this black box thing instead. Anyone else? Dunno if it matters but I do have plat on my account.

Link?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

To the post?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512233&pagenumber=1230&perpage=40#post448189761

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Sereri posted:

Yeah I'm dumb and broke that with the ignored posters stuff.

Goddammit Radium, why couldn't you just style poo poo with css.

/e:
Fixed. It's going out, APK for 3.2.0.9b in it's usual place here

The byobug is fixed thank you :byob1:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Again, works for me

Attachments sometimes take a while to show up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

Again, works for me

Attachments sometimes take a while to show up.

Strange. I've loaded that page up a bunch since I needed to link it and such, still nothing.

Oh well, guess it's not the biggest loss.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

Strange. I've loaded that page up a bunch since I needed to link it and such, still nothing.

Oh well, guess it's not the biggest loss.

It's possible the webview cached the broken attachment image. Try clearing the app cache.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

It's possible the webview cached the broken attachment image. Try clearing the app cache.

Didn't work :(

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

site posted:

Didn't work :(

Cleared my cache and same here

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Do you guys see the image in the quoted text below that post? It's a post below the original and that shows up for me.

From what I'm thinking, it's malformed html that's causing it to break in the original post, but not in the quoted one. But that might just be me :shrug:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Drastic Actions posted:

Do you guys see the image in the quoted text below that post? It's a post below the original and that shows up for me.

From what I'm thinking, it's malformed html that's causing it to break in the original post, but not in the quoted one. But that might just be me :shrug:

Nope. It's broken in the quote as well.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
For me it is broken in both places, but I can click on either to open the image in a browser.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The attachment in this post was broken for me this morning.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Two things

1. Is there some css code I didn't see where i can change the color of the probation bar? That not-pink is just straight up ugly and doesn't mesh with dark themes at all.

2. Is there a way to force the sidebar to refresh my av? For better or worse i was bought this one, but the sidebar still shows my old one. Clearing the cache didn't seem to have any effect either.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm using a N7 2013. Is there a way to disable the split screen/windows? I've looked in Settings but I can't seem to find it. Either way, great work on this app.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think it's in settings/device & navigation/thread layout.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

YggiDee posted:

I think it's in settings/device & navigation/thread layout.

Found it, thanks!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Having a problem with the most recent version of the Android app. Pages will load, forums will update post counts, and I can post, but my bookmarks have jammed. Page 1/?, and they won't refresh. Anyone else having this issue?

E: force closing the app fixed it. Don't know what caused it though.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Yo I'm getting constantly logged out on the most recent Android version.

I can log back in after a force quit but it keeps happening after a while

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Is there any way to make the app go directly to the bookmarks list when opening, instead of the forums overview?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

-Anders posted:

Is there any way to make the app go directly to the bookmarks list when opening, instead of the forums overview?

You may have already realized this, but it took me a few weeks to swipe ← on the front page. It brings you to bookmarks.