Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

For us to have gay sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JebanyPedal posted:

If you could 1rm 240 I think your working sets are too light lol

And yet I still managed to strain my shoulder.

Also I meant 1rm 225. 240 would probably crush me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do rotator cuff exercises and make sure you're learning to pin back your shoulders with a slight arch and get that leg drive going so your entire body is stable and you're not inclined to want to roll forward your shoulders
My shoulders get a little sore after chest day but that's unavoidable really, there's shoulder involvement whether you like it or not, but you can minimize it

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya I think I rolled shoulders or something dumb during warmup, pretty sure it will heal by Monday.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

soy posted:

Am at 155 work sets and am certain could 1rm that. Confirmed brits are terrible bird faggots

I'm a Brit and your work sets are my warm-up.

We're not all huge pussies.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Guys guys this is the chill thread for lifting and complaining about shoulders, not for roid raging and fighting :(

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pesmerga posted:

Guys guys this is the chill thread for lifting and complaining about shoulders, not for roid raging and fighting :(

Listen man we are all a little sensitive right now because Rowdy Roddy died

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

We should celebrate his life by putting on the glasses.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Zygmunt smalcerz says you should be able to bench 70% of your jerk

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hogan murdered Piper to get the attention away from him.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Gaz2k21 posted:

Hogan murdered Piper to get the attention away from him.

He'll be back. "It's me, Hogan, it was me all along Hogan."

:(

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

roymorrison posted:

Zygmunt smalcerz says you should be able to bench 70% of your jerk

Been doing tall snatches and they seem to be helping a lot. Thanks for the suggestion

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dum Cumpster posted:

Been doing tall snatches

ehehe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Opinion on Zydrunas Press

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

JebanyPedal posted:

Opinion on Zydrunas Press

Its useful when you are sitting on a wide buttplug, pushing a few hundred lbs above your head will help push you down over the glans.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lunixnerd posted:

Its useful when you are sitting on a wide buttplug, pushing a few hundred lbs above your head will help push you down over the glans.

Ur pretty strong if ur pressing hundreds of lbs with Zydrunas press

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JebanyPedal posted:

Ur pretty strong if ur pressing hundreds of lbs with Zydrunas press

Zydrunas press, also known as the 'Why the gently caress does 135lbs feel heavy?' press.

Seems to work for the Big Z himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8crALRL8hfI

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

He's in jebany's weight class, and height class. And second grade class.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
from the posts itt there seems to be little difference between pre-workout and a cocaine binge

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Just witnessed my teammate tear his hamstring so thought better go do some deadlifts so that dont happen to me

and squats cos they are good and fun

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
MyFitnessPal seems to woefully underrate how many calories everything is

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BoonyPC posted:

Just witnessed my teammate tear his hamstring so thought better go do some deadlifts so that dont happen to me

and squats cos they are good and fun

How'd he do it?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
just playing soccer. He'd just come back from tearing the right side, now his left is gone. He couldn't really walk, had to carry him to his car etc

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
lol @ nattyornot.com

Its like a journey into the mind of the worlds fattest, weakest most delusional powerlifter wannabe.

Look at this poo poo: http://nattyornot.com/getting-psyched-before-heavy-squats/

Some choice quotes:

"As expected, the usual group of teenagers playing the game: “Who is the biggest coward in the gym?” was there. Those curl monkeys were naturally lifting baby weights and following the most generic bodybuilding routines one could think of. "

"To hell with spotters! The thick safety pins were my guardian angels and only training partners. Those are smarter than most people in the gym anyway."

"I loaded the bar with my working weight of 129,5 kg, which was a number I have missed 2-3 times before. Thereupon I opened my chalk box with love and covered the middle of the barbell with white powder. Then, I took off my shirt, which was not really appreciated by the teenage ninjas playing on the back machines."

"They saw my permabulking scars a.k.a. fat gut and modest bitch tits formation, which was not optimal, but still not enough to tilt me. I needed to put chalk on my T-shirt to get the bar stable and comfy"

"Before my top sets I had a dilemma to solve – belt or no belt? Something in me wanted to put the belt on, but I said: “No!” I wanted this day to be as raw as possible."

“Lat pull downs with 50 kg / 110 lbs, seriously? You are killing me, losers.”

"I took a deep breath, unracked the bar and did a few small steps to clear the pins. In my mind I was like: “gently caress monolifts! Real men unrack their squats!”."

Please stay out of the gym when you are autistic as gently caress and think you need a monolift for a paltry 129kg squat.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
You have the most generic bodybuilding routine I have ever seen!!! Wowzers!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
By the way I bought liquid chalk a few months back and have been trying it out a lot and it works loving great. It has helped me with deadlifts quite a lot as my grip is wayyy more stable now but it kind of helps with every lift if you got weak babby wrists and gripstrength like me and it helps prevent over the top calluses as well. You just drip a few drops of it on your hands and let it dry for like 10 seconds and you're good to go for the entire gym session

So if you go to a regular commercial gym where chalk powder can make a big unwanted mess I'd definitely recommend liquid chalk. The brand I used was called "GRRRIP Plus". It was fairly cheap and worked well enough for me

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lunixnerd posted:

lol @ nattyornot.com

Its like a journey into the mind of the worlds fattest, weakest most delusional powerlifter wannabe.

Look at this poo poo: http://nattyornot.com/getting-psyched-before-heavy-squats/

Some choice quotes:

"As expected, the usual group of teenagers playing the game: “Who is the biggest coward in the gym?” was there. Those curl monkeys were naturally lifting baby weights and following the most generic bodybuilding routines one could think of. "

"To hell with spotters! The thick safety pins were my guardian angels and only training partners. Those are smarter than most people in the gym anyway."

"I loaded the bar with my working weight of 129,5 kg, which was a number I have missed 2-3 times before. Thereupon I opened my chalk box with love and covered the middle of the barbell with white powder. Then, I took off my shirt, which was not really appreciated by the teenage ninjas playing on the back machines."

"They saw my permabulking scars a.k.a. fat gut and modest bitch tits formation, which was not optimal, but still not enough to tilt me. I needed to put chalk on my T-shirt to get the bar stable and comfy"

"Before my top sets I had a dilemma to solve – belt or no belt? Something in me wanted to put the belt on, but I said: “No!” I wanted this day to be as raw as possible."

“Lat pull downs with 50 kg / 110 lbs, seriously? You are killing me, losers.”

"I took a deep breath, unracked the bar and did a few small steps to clear the pins. In my mind I was like: “gently caress monolifts! Real men unrack their squats!”."

Please stay out of the gym when you are autistic as gently caress and think you need a monolift for a paltry 129kg squat.

Lol wtf

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Saurus posted:

from the posts itt there seems to be little difference between pre-workout and a cocaine binge

Not since :rip: OG Jack3d

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That has to be a joke of some sort, I can't take it seriously.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also if I take like 3 scoops of PWO I have an insanely good workout but then I also have a caffeine overdose and get tingly.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

http://nattyornot.com/microloading-your-barbell-with-washers-permabulking-antics-or-the-key-to-strength/

quote:

I had made my microweights by cutting the inner tube of a bicycle in half and filling it with sand. The only thing you have to buy is the tube, if you don’t have it. One tube is usually sufficient to make two microweights. As far as the sand goes, I got it for free. Here’s the full story:

I didn’t have sand at home so I had to visit the local playground. I jumped into the sandbox and started digging with a spoon.

“Why are you stealing the sand of the kids,” said somebody.

Why are you stealing the sand of the kids.

This is deffo joke.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't steal kidsand...youre not evne a kid

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I added some volume work to my usual 5x5 program last night, now I'm dead. :rip: me

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

By the way I bought liquid chalk a few months back and have been trying it out a lot and it works loving great.

(...)

So if you go to a regular commercial gym where chalk powder can make a big unwanted mess I'd definitely recommend liquid chalk. The brand I used was called "GRRRIP Plus". It was fairly cheap and worked well enough for me

Along those lines, I bought an eco ball and it's also v good for places where chalk is not allowed.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Its monday goons should post videos of some lifts on mondays

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZKGuI0PuI

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

roymorrison posted:

Its monday goons should post videos of some lifts on mondays

Please critique my squat form:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Lunixnerd posted:

Please critique my squat form:

Hmm how do I do a leg press in the most retarded way possible...

• Locked thread