Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

morestuff posted:

He reminds me of John Cusack's flunky in High Fidelity, the one that isn't Jack Black

So that's how Whitey Bulger sold those copies of The 3 EPs by the Beta Band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

It reminds me of a slightly melted Conan O'Brien whenever I see him.

I'm seeing future Donald Trump biopic in him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

dr_rat posted:

In surprise twist, the three school girls are inspired by whitey's letter of regret to become crime bosses, succeeding where whitey failed by being even more brutal and ruthless then he.

Spring Breakers 2

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

effectual posted:

Spring Breakers 2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3716544/

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

...Irvine Welsh is writing a non-Korine Spring Breakers sequel? :psyduck:

I can't imagine they'll get all or any of the actors back, particularly Rachel Korine. Would probably still watch it out of curiosity unless I hear it's really awful.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Jedit posted:

Infamous Sphere posted:

I do wish that when people in movies wanted an Australian, they actually cast one. The accents done by Bambi in Sense8, and by the Australians in Pacific Rim are just terrible. And they don't make sense. None of those parts are played by big name actors and Hollywood has heaps of Australian actors just rattling around - why not grab one of them?
I know that sounds like a stupid complaint, given that most Australian actors spend the vast amount of their screen time speaking in accents that aren't their own, but it just seems particularly unjust that a) nobody lets Australians ever keep their accents, because god forbid an Australian be living in New York or London in the world of the movie, that would be impossible - while also b) when we *do* have an Australian character, they're some kind of absurd comic relief character played by someone who isn't Australian and can't do the accent. I think it might be because directors don't think actual Australians sound "Australian" enough. When I was overseas everybody thought I was English.

You're making me miss Trevor Goddard.

This might be what you're getting at, but Trevor Goddard was English.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

87: Stuntman Movies 1971-1980

L'Animal

Deathcheaters

Death Riders

Stunt Rock - Does what it says on the tin

Stunts

Evel Knieval - Which is a completely different movie from...

Viva Knieval

Hooper - Well this explains all those missing summers

The Stunt Man

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ShufflerZero posted:

Stunt Rock - Does what it says on the tin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G6XgzhtCJI

:iia:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

This might be the first of these sort of posters where everything is actually in the movie. Wizards, hang gliders, explosions, rock and roll. :stare:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was about to make a crack about "introducing [SORCERY]" but holy gently caress that trailer.

I need a copy of this movie yesterday.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I really think that trailer oversells the movie. I remember watching it on TCM Underground and falling a sleep about 15 minutes in. For a movie that contains wall-to-wall explosions and blaring rock music, that's a bit unforgivable.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksplYL7zSzY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Allen Wren posted:

I was about to make a crack about "introducing [SORCERY]" but holy gently caress that trailer.

I need a copy of this movie yesterday.

It's super magic.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
The Stunt Man is friggin' great. Fun fact: the director's only subsequent film was the notoriously awful Bruce Willis erotic thriller Color of Night 14 years later.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I think there was a man karate fighting a leopard at 2:00.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ShufflerZero posted:

The Stunt Man

This is such a weird poster.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

Its just being honest. Movie special effects are obviously the work of the devil and we should ban this movie and any other with special effects in it. :colbert:

edit: Georges Melies and his most influential devil trickier is responsible for sending more souls to hell then any other person alive or dead.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 2, 2015

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I've always thought it was excellent. It looks really cool, and it tells a story. I don't actually know anything about The Stunt Man, but the poster has always indicated to me that it's about a heartless and careless director pushing a stuntman to do life endangering things.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FoneBone posted:

The Stunt Man is friggin' great. Fun fact: the director's only subsequent film was the notoriously awful Bruce Willis erotic thriller Color of Night 14 years later.

Color of Night is really awesome and you should feel bad for denigrating it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Belmondo has a really weird voice in English.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dr_rat posted:

Its just being honest. Movie special effects are obviously the work of the devil and we should ban this movie and any other with special effects in it. :colbert:

edit: Georges Melies and his most influential devil trickier is responsible for sending more souls to hell then any other person alive or dead.

Lars Von Trier would have agreed with you 20 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogme_95

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ShufflerZero posted:

This might be what you're getting at, but Trevor Goddard was English.

It is indeed. His trademark was a fake Aussie accent that got him jobs over genuine Australian actors, much to their chagrin.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

oldpainless posted:

Color of Night is really awesome and you should feel bad for denigrating it.

*shrug* I've never seen it, I just know it has a terrible reputation.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

The Assassin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_AcOHMsi4

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Nicolas Winding Refn (director of Drive, Only God Forgives) is coming out with a book about some of his favorite movies posters, which he collects. Here's an interview about it, along with a few of the ones that will be in there:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That trailer looked fairly cheap. Is it intentional?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat I wish I had that Psychedelic Sex Kicks poster, so awesome

And yeah I was a bit confused by The Assassin's trailer myself. Looks kinda shoddy for a Best Director winner.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

effectual posted:

Must be that glorious 4:3 ratio.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

effectual posted:

No, it's just Taiwanese.

FoneBone posted:

*shrug* I've never seen it, I just know it has a terrible reputation.
IIRC another thing it has is Bruce's Willis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^I'm a little horrified at how the image of it floating in a pool is still vivid enough to pop up in my head when mentioned.

You mean to tell me they scored pot and grass??

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Let's smoke some pot & grass in the nudie flesh, man. :420:

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

effectual posted:

He won Best Director at Cannes for this movie and has been nominated for the Palme d'Or 6 times now.

The prologue is 1.37:1 (one of the standard 35mm ratios, The Grand Budapest Hotel was filmed like this) and the rest of the movie is 1.85:1

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm sure it's good, but it does look cheap. Even besides the aspect ratio. A good deal cheaper than the swish posters.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I know Emmerich is gay and this probably means a lot to him, but it seems like a weird movie for him to make.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

It will be aliens/2012/global warming rather than the police that they will be struggling against.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know Emmerich is gay and this probably means a lot to him, but it seems like a weird movie for him to make.

He also made the Shakespeare conspiracy movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just announced for the Toronto festival, Bruce MacDonald's new joint.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
"Hey you know those iconic and gorgeous Drew Struzan posters that are arguably the best part of some of these movies?"
"Yeah?"
"Get rid of them and put heads. All evil heads. Only the villains. Eh, gently caress it, throw one good guy in there"

(Not really a poster but eh it's cover art, close enough)

Star Wars: Featuring Red Guy, Green Guy, Mad Robot, DARTH VADER, White Guy (Robot?), and Blue Raisin.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 5, 2015