Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Bolverkur posted:

A ID Software game is always bound to eb good dont worry

I dunno, their early games are pretty weak. They really started picking up steam with Doom 3 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

No one from ID is even left. Game is gonna be poo poo. Don't you loving say Tim Willits.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tim Willits.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

/spits soda

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Mythbusters inviting Tim Willits when they did the Doom episode is all I need to know that the Doom legacy is safe with him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

A ID S oftware

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

roddy piper raising and lowering sunglasses

Prometheus1
Mar 15, 2012

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it

Kazvall posted:

No one from ID is even left. Game is gonna be poo poo. Don't you loving say Tim Willits.

You are correct, maybe a few but Carmack is gone and not involved from what I've heard

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero is about to give you HIV.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I'm posting the bugout eye emote

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

finally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got em

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"id Software won’t provide any additional modding tools other than SnapMap."

"SnapMap’s capabilities are limited. Players won’t be able to create outdoor spaces with SnapMap and they won’t be able to create large open spaces like in the opening of the Doom demo. In short, SnapMap only does smaller interior spaces"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Fail

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"It doesn't feel like [not] knowing the level is a huge disadvantage."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

roddy piper raising and lowering sunglasses

RIP.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Falsum posted:

"SnapMap’s capabilities are limited. Players won’t be able to create outdoor spaces with SnapMap and they won’t be able to create large open spaces like in the opening of the Doom demo. In short, SnapMap only does smaller interior spaces"

the gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Falsum posted:

:stare:

Dec 26, 2012

Falsum posted:

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i don't even understand what that sentence means.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It means id, in all their glory, have managed the feat of almost completely removing burden of knowledge from DooM, as knowing the map will not put you at a significant advantage anymore.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you dont even need to know where the red armour is any more, its purely cosmetic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thanks to load outs knowing where the good weapons are isnt important, yopu can just spawn with the guns you need

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Each red armor pickup will now increase your Hell Coins reward by 5% (stacking additively) for this match only.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

EYE loving owns

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Falsum posted:

Leaked screenshot of the new E1M1:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Zodar posted:

Leaked screenshot of the new E1M1:

thats not a screen shot and its definitely not a video game - do you think you can fool me with such a pitiful troll? gently caress off idiot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Awesome. This is perfect to get newbies in the door, and help them stay to increase there skills. I'm detecting some vibes that the people here think this is a bad thing somehow? Oh wait... Just noticed I'm in the Imp Zone where everyone hates fun and wants new players to be tormented for an eternity.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it would be cool if they made a new quake but the corpse of quakelive keeps getting in the way

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

Falsum posted:

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

they should get the johns together again and make a good doom that isnt really bad and then they can kill eacch other

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Wormskull posted:

Awesome. This is perfect to get newbies in the door, and help them stay to increase there skills. I'm detecting some vibes that the people here think this is a bad thing somehow? Oh wait... Just noticed I'm in the Imp Zone where everyone hates fun and wants new players to be tormented for an eternity.

I agree, newbies need an FPS in which they can get their bearings before making the jump to Call of Duty, or even Halo for the particularly reckless ones.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
in counterstrike it was useful to aim like at their knees if your gun had a lot of kick

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

it would be cool if they made a new quake but the corpse of quakelive keeps getting in the way

just when you think ql is dead, it somehow revives itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if quakelive wasnt the only fps on the planet that requires a subscription it might have had a chance

• Locked thread