Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

There's a reason there are no Reeds. It's because they all died in FF except for 616 and Ultimate.

Well yeah, but since everything supposedly died, all the alt-Reeds could theoretically come back. They just aren't because of the standing "gently caress Reed Richards" policy on Battleworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Well yeah, but since everything supposedly died, all the alt-Reeds could theoretically come back. They just aren't because of the standing "gently caress Reed Richards" policy on Battleworld.

We still don't know what's coming back outside of the "real" Marvel Universe. The Ultimate Universe is not returning so it's possible the restored multiverse might not be fully restored.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

We still don't know what's coming back outside of the "real" Marvel Universe. The Ultimate Universe is not returning so it's possible the restored multiverse might not be fully restored.

How do you mathematically express part of infinity?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

How do you mathematically express part of infinity?

With fractions and poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

With fractions and poo poo.

I don't think he works there anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think he works there anymore.

:golfclap:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Ult Johnny, Sue, and Ben are in Ultimate End.

Counterpoint: Bendis!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
There's a Thing in Future Imperfect, too.

It's just not Ben.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The cover of Ultimate End 5 makes me thing they're getting rid of the majority of it / the universe as a whole.

I'm not sure they're bring back the multi-verse or if they do it'll be a much reduced version.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nice touch with Miles at the back there.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The cover of Ultimate End 5 makes me thing they're getting rid of the majority of it / the universe as a whole.

I'm not sure they're bring back the multi-verse or if they do it'll be a much reduced version.

No poo poo, They wouldn't be bringing Miles into 616 if the Ultimate universe was sticking around. Another clue to this is they haven't announce or solicited any new Ultimate stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

No poo poo, They wouldn't be bringing Miles into 616 if the Ultimate universe was sticking around. Another clue to this is they haven't announce or solicited any new Ultimate stuff.

Not to mention the new Ultimates that is completely unrelated to the previous versions.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think it'd be difficult to bring over a lot of them anyway, or they're so far removed from their original concept that they aren't all that much different than 616. Also Bendis has been phoning the gently caress in on out.

It does kind of suck that the Ultimate verse is going off with a whimper. RIP best version of Aunt May and Carnage Gwen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think it'd be difficult to bring over a lot of them anyway, or they're so far removed from their original concept that they aren't all that much different than 616. Also Bendis has been phoning the gently caress in on out.

It does kind of suck that the Ultimate verse is going off with a whimper. RIP best version of Aunt May and Carnage Gwen.

I will forever be bitter that we never get closure on the Ganke/Gwen Stacey romance.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I mean I think it's possible that the Ultimate universe will live on, there just won't be any stories regularly set there. I can of doubt it but I can see Marvel leaving that door open.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I will forever be bitter that we never get closure on the Ganke/Gwen Stacey romance.

I suspect Ganke at least will survive the transition since it'd be way too fuckin' grim to murder Spider-Man's best friend like that.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
The MC2 universe outliving the Ultimate universe is kind of hilarious.

E: ⇓⇓⇓⇓ Yeah, there's almost no way there's going to be a Gwen in the main setting other than Spider-Gwen for a while. I wouldn't even expect to see more Jackal clones.

Castomira fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 3, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect Ganke at least will survive the transition since it'd be way too fuckin' grim to murder Spider-Man's best friend like that.

But there's no way Ultimate Gwen makes the jump.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Castomira posted:

E: ⇓⇓⇓⇓ Yeah, there's almost no way there's going to be a Gwen in the main setting other than Spider-Gwen for a while. I wouldn't even expect to see more Jackal clones.

Spider-Gwen is still going to be an alt universe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Ganke doesn't survive I will be very mad. Same with Jessica, Bombshell, Cloak/Dagger. I pretty much love everyone in All Nee Ultimates (even though the book was poo poo)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wonder if we'll finally get to know what the gently caress Peter was reacting to when he looked up 616 Miles Morales at the end of Spider-Men now.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I wonder if we'll finally get to know what the gently caress Peter was reacting to when he looked up 616 Miles Morales at the end of Spider-Men now.

Now that Bendis is writing Miles in the 616, yes I imagine we will. I'm also hoping that Miles's book will pick up since I think Bendis has just been stalling for like the past year.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Senor Candle posted:

I'm also hoping that Miles's book will pick up since I think Bendis has just been stalling for like the past year.

Given that they knew the Ultimate Universe was ending around the time Cataclysm was coming out, I'd wager that was the case.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.

Senor Candle posted:

Spider-Gwen is still going to be an alt universe
According to Jason Latour, universe-hopping is going to become a major trait of the character, so most likely she'll get her own universe and flit in and out of the main universe with enough regularity as to be the Gwen Stacy of Marvel.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Castomira posted:

According to Jason Latour, universe-hopping is going to become a major trait of the character, so most likely she'll get her own universe and flit in and out of the main universe with enough regularity as to be the Gwen Stacy of Marvel.

Ganke being best friends with one alternate universe Spider-Man and dating another while he himself is just some powerless shlub nerd would be kind of hilarious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If Ganke doesn't survive I will be very mad. Same with Jessica, Bombshell, Cloak/Dagger. I pretty much love everyone in All Nee Ultimates (even though the book was poo poo)

I can see maybe Cloak and Dagger because no one's done poo poo with the 616 versions of them in forever (although their mini from Spider-Island was very entertaining), or Bombshell maybe, but I really don't see Jessica making it over. I mean, 616 already has a Spider-Woman and a Black Widow and IIRC didn't the end of Spider-Verse show that Kaine wasn't quite dead yet? So there's still a clone around. Ultimate Jessica Drew is facing a serious crisis of being phased out due to being redundant.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suspect Ultimate Jessica Drew will survive but she'll become a different Spider-themed character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect Ultimate Jessica Drew will survive but she'll become a different Spider-themed character.

New this December from Marvel: the BROWN RECLUSE.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

New this December from Marvel: the BROWN RECLUSE.

Sneak preview (imagine with genderflip i guess):

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Castomira posted:

Has there ever been any statements that MC2 is surviving Secret Wars? I mean I know DeFalco & Frenz are doing a story during the course of Secret Wars, but still.

Not to mention Slott ruined the line's USP (stories without gratuitous death and angst). Thanks, Dan.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

I just kind of assume it's going to quietly continue existing, because when all is said and done nobody will have remembered to specify otherwise.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Maybe the patch of Ultimate Manhattan will survive on 616, with Ultimate May, Gwen, and Miles' cast surviving. Have that high school principal from USM in there too and have him pissed that now he has to deal with multiples of everyone enrolling in his school.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Argue posted:

Maybe the patch of Ultimate Manhattan will survive on 616, with Ultimate May, Gwen, and Miles' cast surviving. Have that high school principal from USM in there too and have him pissed that now he has to deal with multiples of everyone enrolling in his school.

The principal from Nova.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh the Carnage book is about an FBI team tracking him down, including John Jameson and Eddie Brock/Toxin

that makes way more sense than it actually being a comic series starring Carnage

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Eddie working for the government worked out so well last time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can I just say how much I love Miguel's redesign? I mean the suit he had was already great so it was a strange move to redesign something so well known that still looked good, but man they sure did a great job.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm in love with that suit, looks so good.

There's gonna be another .1 storyline going on along with Slott's Amazing, this time by Jose Molina about the Santerians. I'm down for that, having guest written Peter stories happening almost every month while Slott does his lame thing is as good as it gets without Slott finally getting off the book, Spiral was pretty neat.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Remember that time Miguel picked his nose and took out the eyes of both people standing next to him?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Inkspot posted:

Remember that time Miguel picked his nose and took out the eyes of both people standing next to him?

yeah those don't look retractable at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Can I just say how much I love Miguel's redesign? I mean the suit he had was already great so it was a strange move to redesign something so well known that still looked good, but man they sure did a great job.

I actually don't really like it that much, and much prefer his old suit. It's not terrible like Iron Spider, at least.

• Locked thread