Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Hot Dog Man and his disgusting Mustard lover are the true reason Arcadia Bay is to be cleansed. While we wait for the purifying storm, Jefferson has been taking out the trash himself, one unholy deviant at a time. He maintains a thorough photographic record, but only to serve as a frightening warning for future generations.

:ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

seravid posted:

Hot Dog Man and his disgusting Mustard lover are the true reason Arcadia Bay is to be cleansed. While we wait for the purifying storm, Jefferson has been taking out the trash himself, one unholy deviant at a time. He maintains a thorough photographic record, but only to serve as a frightening warning for future generations.

:ms:

I'd relish this turn of events.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm waiting for the Ep 5 scene where the superpowered assassins come to kill Max for disrupting the timeline. Max gets a gun and the game turns into an FPS with time-rewind.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm waiting for the Ep 5 scene where the superpowered assassins come to kill Max for disrupting the timeline. Max gets a gun and the game turns into an FPS with time-rewind.

Finally the Darkest of Days sequel we've all been wanting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

They don't call her Mad Max for nothing.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I believe you mean the Dahaka coming when the game becomes a hack and slash platformer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sentinel Red posted:

Max will save Chloe. She has to. She/I will rewind time a million times, endure countless nightmare lifetimes until the answer is found. Chloe's not getting let down again, the power of friendship cannot be denied. :colbert:

This can only work if Chloe breaks the cycle by wishing to be god though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My wild guess for episode 5 is that Mr. Jefferson is going to drag Chloe onto a theater stage and kiss her before turning into a giant monster blueberry and chasing Max down a random spiral staircase.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Max meets David Young and they walk into the sunset in search of a perfect memento.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
"Call me Super Max. That's what everyone calls me."

Sidenote, I found it incredibly distracting that Max signs her texts with xomaxo, because first of all, who signs texts? Second of all it read like xo ma xo, and I was really confused for a while there.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
gently caress I keep loving up the stupid timeline poo poo is this before or after Jodie joined the CIA???

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Junkfist posted:

gently caress I keep loving up the stupid timeline poo poo is this before or after Jodie joined the CIA???

It's extra weird loading up MKX after playing Life is Strange. Here's hoping my dual-pistol wielding Chloe Cage lands a sick nutpunch X-Ray on the final boss, ostensibly followed by a selfie fatality.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Junkfist posted:

I'm completely fine with this timeline especially if Warren is the damsel that constantly needs to be saved.

exquisite tea posted:

It's extra weird loading up MKX after playing Life is Strange. Here's hoping my dual-pistol wielding Chloe Cage lands a sick nutpunch X-Ray on the final boss, ostensibly followed by a selfie fatality.

Max is confused why Chloe suddenly became hardcore military minded like David. Meanwhile, Special Forces wonder why Cassie suddenly got blue hair and became (even more) or a smart rear end.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 3, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

I'm completely fine with this timeline especially if Warren is the damsel that constantly needs to be saved.

Max is confused why Chloe suddenly became hardcore military minded like David. Meanwhile, Special Forces wonder why Cassie suddenly got blue hair and became (even more) or a smart rear end.
Chloe likes her new dad too.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

PunkBoy posted:

That just places Warren in his own personal harem anime though.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If you were to use your time travel powers to go back and get rid of Jefferson in some way before he got to doing all he was doing, I wonder if David would've been a less paranoid dude and would've been a better stepfather to Chloe

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So also another thing against max=rachel

Answer me how they are the same when max has green eyes and rachel has blue (or the other way around, w/e).

Colored contacts? I loving doubt it.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, I agreed to go to the movies with Warren and now everyone seems to think him and Max are dating. What?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nckdictator posted:

So, I agreed to go to the movies with Warren and now everyone seems to think him and Max are dating. What?

You agreed to go on a date and now you wonder why people think you're dating?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Yeah well, they're being stupid about it. Jeez, you guys, can't a girl go hang out with a guy ONE TIME without everyone thinking they're an item?

loving teens and their outdated gender norms.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jia posted:

You agreed to go on a date and now you wonder why people think you're dating?

It doesn't mean it's a date. Especially if Max and Chloe are five seconds away from eloping.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xanderkish posted:

Yeah well, they're being stupid about it. Jeez, you guys, can't a girl go hang out with a guy ONE TIME without everyone thinking they're an item?

loving teens and their outdated gender norms.

:nallears:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Answer me how they are the same when max has green eyes and rachel has blue (or the other way around, w/e).

Max finds out about Rachel and is jealous; she can't stop asking questions about her, obviously considering her a rival for Chloe's affections. Maybe sometime in the past a time paradox duplicate of Max has her house burned down by her pathetically lightweight friend who got drunk off a caesar salad. The polaroid-fueled fire released a toxic smoke that altered Max's appearance and voice; no longer considering herself the "real" Max, she decided to change her name too. Later on, "Rachel" bumps into Chloe and is immediately attracted to her eye. They have a grand old time. Years later, Max finds out about Rachel and is jealous; she can't stop asking questions about her, obviously considering her a rival for Chloe's affections. Maybe sometime in the past...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

yikes!! very confrontational

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Obviously Max is Rachel reincarnated, and the storm is a metaphor for how Max needs to release her attachments to worldly concerns in order to save the town and escape the cycle of rebirth.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It doesn't mean it's a date. Especially if Max and Chloe are five seconds away from eloping.

Max straight up calls it a date at one point

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ekusukariba posted:

Max straight up calls it a date at one point

Not in my playthrough!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Someone on reddit figured out that the stills on the projector are from the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, about an insane hypnotist who uses another man to commit murders.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

Someone on reddit figured out that the stills on the projector are from the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, about an insane hypnotist who uses another man to commit murders.

I thought it looked pretty familiar to that, but assumed it was just something along that general style rather than actual stills from the movie.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I'm assuming this is just an amusing coincidence rather than anything French developers would actually know about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_the_Ape

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

My only real gripe with episode 4: There was no 'Tag-Team' option on the Nathan choice, give me a couple shots too Warren, don't be a vengeance hog man.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Yardbomb posted:

My only real gripe with episode 4: There was no 'Tag-Team' option on the Nathan choice, give me a couple shots too Warren, don't be a vengeance hog man.

Max claims to be a pacifist.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

bewilderment posted:

Chloe can sub in then, it all works. :colbert:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bewilderment posted:

Technically she doesn't hurt anyone directly by having her minions do the work for her.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Chloe can sub in then, it all works. :colbert:

First thing that came to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqG2DkuJH4

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I got the pacifist line, but I also seem to think at the party she internal monologued something about using her power to kick someone in the balls over and over and over and over and

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wow, grats on leaking the ending before anybody else has had a chance to play it.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I liked the linked video Maximum selfie and clone Chloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Actually this game has horrible dialogue and is very silly but still a good time I am going to make Max tongue-dart Warren's apehole.

• Locked thread