Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I should have seen that coming, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Manatee Cannon posted:

No because that only activates when you're almost dead, as does The Negative. It's not the same thing.

A black heart actually isn't the same either since you seem to want to be pedantic. You only deal damage when you lose the heart.

If you're playing right you aim to dump all your red hearts by the time you hit the womb so polaroid/negative will proc from any damage.

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm just taking it to the logical conclusion.

Hey, maybe there will be a new item in Afterbirth that makes it so if you damage one enemy all enemies on screen take damage or something, you dunno. :colbert:

I like the idea of this... large damage boost, splits your damage across all enemies in the room. Enemies that spawn adds will be a lot harder since you can't clear them, although something like duke of flies would take damage from you hitting his flies instead of him using them as a shield. piercing shots would synergise with it pretty well. Make the damage boost high enough that it gives it a good risk vs. reward.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Boss room 1 room away from the start of the floor would be very weird to see on the basement, but on the depths???

:wtc:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
XL floors and double trouble floors don't follow normal mapping rules. Also if the floor loops you can get the boss just about anywhere

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

What happens if you pick up the Polaroid in Necropolis/Depths 2 and then use a Forget Me Now to replay the floor and pick up the Negative? Would the Polaroid be overwritten, or would you be able to then complete either the Chest or Dark Room?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

What happens if you pick up the Polaroid in Necropolis/Depths 2 and then use a Forget Me Now to replay the floor and pick up the Negative? Would the Polaroid be overwritten, or would you be able to then complete either the Chest or Dark Room?

I've never tried this but you can definitely have both at the same time. In the unmodded game I've started with the Polaroid with Eden and some mods tend to either add them to various pools or just put them in Sheol/Cathedral so you never miss out on a Chest/Dark Room run.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Manatee Cannon posted:

You would indeed have both with the option to go for either floor. Sometimes it happens if you reroll you character with a 1 or 6 die room, the d4, or the d100.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ah, cool.

I wish there was a character that started with Missing No.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I don't understand any of this but yesterday I somehowe ended up with 12 clear hearts and an item that teleported me to random rooms on the floor I was on, which let me avoid using any bombs/keys and was awesome.

Edit- I literally just started playing htis game a week ago.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't understand any of this but yesterday I somehowe ended up with 12 clear hearts and an item that teleported me to random rooms on the floor I was on, which let me avoid using any bombs/keys and was awesome.

Edit- I literally just started playing htis game a week ago.

Probably "Teleport!"

Keep playin' and don't wiki things yet. I wish I could forget all I know about this game and re-experience everything.

I think my first run ever had a 6 pip dice room... Blew my mind.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Anybody who owns the Binding of isaac for the 3DS there is an update out now.
Supposedly fixes the invisible enemies and textures, you might have to go into the Nintendo eshop to download the update.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Pixeltendo posted:

Anybody who owns the Binding of isaac for the 3DS there is an update out now.
Supposedly fixes the invisible enemies and textures, you might have to go into the Nintendo eshop to download the update.

Oh sweet. Yeah, I've been playing it and laughing at how busted the port was.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Learned today that you can burn out the D100. Eventually you stop rerolling into things. Between battery pick-ups and doing as many rooms as I could, I stopped getting wacky new builds around the end of the Womb. By the end of the Chest I was just Lord of the Flies with a few orbitals and normal-rear end tears. Was a bit of a bummer, to be honest. Was trying to use it to scum some of my missing items up. Good to know it can happen, though.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

ChibiSoma posted:

Learned today that you can burn out the D100. Eventually you stop rerolling into things. Between battery pick-ups and doing as many rooms as I could, I stopped getting wacky new builds around the end of the Womb. By the end of the Chest I was just Lord of the Flies with a few orbitals and normal-rear end tears. Was a bit of a bummer, to be honest. Was trying to use it to scum some of my missing items up. Good to know it can happen, though.

After a certain point with changing items (weather it be the d6, d100, or d6), the games runs out of stuff to give you and just gives you Breakfast.
This is apparently being fixed in the DLC, though!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

WilliamAnderson posted:

Oh sweet. Yeah, I've been playing it and laughing at how busted the port was.

Managed to crash the game twice since from too much poo poo being on screen. It's like the days of flash Isaac all over again.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Yay, I got my first Satan kill. With Eve. After accidentally skipping Mom's Heart. I didn't have much, but I had Proptosis and the Mutant Spider for a quad mega shot. that was fun. Had one HP left when I beat the boss.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Unlocked It Lives today. And then beat Isaac in the Cathedral. I know I'm progressing slower than most, but felt good man. Trying to clear some challenges and they're a pain. I have made it a point to play on hard mode when given a choice. It doesn't seem to ramp up the difficulty that much and gently caress it, I'd rather get two requirements done at once then have to go through again.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Is that the Bible? :psyduck:

I want to say that's not supposed to happen.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Huh. Did you get a rosary? Isn't that supposed to add bibles everywhere?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DoubleNegative posted:

Is that the Bible? :psyduck:

I want to say that's not supposed to happen.

You picked up the rosary, which adds the bible once to every item pool. The game tried to spawn the Book of Belial, but you already have it, so it spawned the bible instead since it's another book that is also in that item pool now.

e: fb

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
There should be a no tears challenge for the lost where you start with gemini, lil' haunt, ???'s only friend, and gnawed leaf.

Call it Stale Cheese

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well, poo poo. I got Judas' Shadow but apparently the Guppy resurrection items take precedence over it because I didn't get the damage buff or anything when I killed myself. :sigh: Oh well, I waited until I found a few soul hearts before I did it so I'm not bad off or anything but it's still disappointing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You normal extra lives come first, then the ones that transform you, then once you're out of surefire extra lives Guppy's Collar kicks in.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
Guppy's collar is kicked in the whole time, so if it hits its 50% chance then it won't drain the lives you already have. It's pretty annoying when you're playing for speed and burning through cat lives to get the higher damage but collar keeps slowing it down

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Is which side of a Curse room door you respawn on random? Seems like I usually have to die twice as the Lost to get out, but I think sometimes you respawn inside more than once

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Bobo the Red posted:

Is which side of a Curse room door you respawn on random? Seems like I usually have to die twice as the Lost to get out, but I think sometimes you respawn inside more than once

It depends on where you actually die. If you carefully walk into the door and die while inside the curse room, you'll spawn on the outside. If you run through it, the death animation will trigger while you're already entering the next room, and it will spawn you in the last room you were in, which is inside the curse room.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Well, poo poo. I got Judas' Shadow but apparently the Guppy resurrection items take precedence over it because I didn't get the damage buff or anything when I killed myself. :sigh: Oh well, I waited until I found a few soul hearts before I did it so I'm not bad off or anything but it's still disappointing.

It's also worth noting if you do trigger Judas' Shadow and then pick up Ankh then trigger the Ankh you'll lose the damage multiplier from Shadow.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress Adversary. Had a Cain soy milk run that was going surprisingly well. Piles of damage boosts, fear shot, broken watch, guppy's tail, &c. I get to the dark room and the tail gives me chests on almost every room. So now I have long-range, quad-shot, rapid-fire, fear-inducing, tiny scythes of death ripping through everything. The last room before the boss is a 2x2 room with four Adversaries. I died just as the last one did. I could see the chest spawning in on my death screen.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
:siren: It's that time again :siren:

This week: a new one-use item that's a souped-up Jera rune, doubling items as well as pickups.

Afterbirth's additions will bring the total items to 530. Not counting new pickups, pills, and cards.

And a preview of a new alt-monster, the Drowned Hive, which pretty much confirms my guess that the "champion" versions of the Caves and Catacombs will be flooded.

And this hidden pic, and a code in the Tumblr tags "?IUoDHB" that I'm too brain-dead right now to work out.

Since my "flooded caves" guess seems to be confirmed, I'm gonna guess "haunted depths" and "infected/cancerous womb" for the other champion level types.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

IMJack posted:

And this hidden pic, and a code in the Tumblr tags "?IUoDHB" that I'm too brain-dead right now to work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvamSgXcTLM

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I cannot fathom why he referenced that particular scene.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

All the hidden links are all in my opinon just hinting at Greed Transformations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

IMJack posted:

Afterbirth's additions will bring the total items to 530. Not counting new pickups, pills, and cards.

Geez this games gonna be huge.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pixeltendo posted:

Geez this games gonna be huge.

I can't wait to be a useless piece of poo poo all day long and find all these items

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Diplopia could be really useful if you get the right item drop, assuming you can get the benefit from item buffs twice. Like if you find the Mark in a sacrifice room or get Tammy's Head in a chest, using Diplopia to double them would mean a huge increase in damage.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Diplopia could be really useful if you get the right item drop, assuming you can get the benefit from item buffs twice. Like if you find the Mark in a sacrifice room or get Tammy's Head in a chest, using Diplopia to double them would mean a huge increase in damage.

I mean, there's no way it would work in a three-item devil room... right??

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cobalt60 posted:

The D6 works in those, doesn't it?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Diplopia will make getting the Meat boy/ Bandage girl level four runs slightly less annoying to deal with now at least :)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You are absolutely right, SMB and SBG will be way easier now. That's great.

Cobalt60 posted:

Image the credit card plus Diplopia in a devil room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

You are absolutely right, SMB and SBG will be way easier now. That's great.

Image the credit card plus Diplopia in a devil room

Much more likely to get that weird double Pentagram bonus for Devil/Angel Room spawns.

Dias posted:

The D6 works in those, doesn't it?

Imagine finding Diplopia in the first room of the Chest when you have a D6.